The Spell Checker

For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!
Torigm Khace

The Spell Checker

Post by Torigm Khace »

I have a suggestion for the Spell Checker. If possible can Character names be added to the list of acceptable words. I'm in the horrible habit of referring to myself repeatedly in the posts and everytime the spell checker comes across it it flags it.

I know it's not a big deal to just hit the ignore button but if this is a simple task it would a nice addition, at least for me :)

JOE--
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Good point Torigm!
Added the names to the dictionary!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

How about British/Canadian spellings, Meri? Is that possible? I would love that *so* much!
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

It's not a fan of "colour" I've noticed... and I just tell it to learn all of the character names and other peculiar little words it doesn't like that I know are spelt properly... :o
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Sorry don't have a british/canadian dictionary file :)
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

:shocked!:

OK, so the lessons for the SpellCheck begin... I shall take Zhavon's advice and educate the little sucker!
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

I don't find that it holds the words that I have entered into it with the "learn" button or whatever it is called.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Velentino

Post by Velentino »

I noticed that as well. Also... I think it would take a lot of work to get character names implemented. Each time someone joined, someone would have to re-program the spell checker to recognize that particular name.

There is one thing I can recommend. http://www.iespell.com has a program that integrates itself with Internet Explorer, meaning that for all five of you who don't have Internet Explorer can't use it. :P The "learn" command actually works because it adds the word into a file on your own computer. After time you'd finally have your very own Tazlure dictionary. :D

Return to “Technical Q&A”