OOC: Grant Retires from the Citadel!

Moderator: Mods

Grant
Retired Game Designer

OOC: Grant Retires from the Citadel!

Post by Grant »

Well, here it is!

Most of you knew it was on the horizon. After thirteen months of operation including five pc fatalities, four global synch events, about one week of IC development and perhaps one hundred fourty eight scenes, I'm stepping back from the Citadel and leaving it in the hands of my fellow Citadel moderators. This transition is certainly not sudden: I've been working closely with Citadel staff to make this happen for months now in preparation for some adjustments in my infamously hectic RL.

First, a word to the Citadelians themselves. You have my sincerest gratitude for a very successful and compelling year, with scenes including everything from rampant violence to deep political intrigue to theft and consequence. I had a blast running the Citadel, and I'd like to thank you all for making that happen. My parting advise: remember that, at the end of the day, only the players can make a location truly work. In the Citadel, the players were always the driving force of change and content, and through your hands alone the stories of the Citadel came to life. All eyes turned on us to watch when the Caesar died...when the Purple Guard were defeated...when the Changer came to life...and that horrible day when everything changed (Samheen 24th...the riots...thank you, Ulder and Sosa! :D).

Second, a word to the Citadel staff. One of the most comforting thoughts I have in my own withdrawal is the knowledge that I leave two such capable and reliable gentlemen in place. Tristam's name has become cemented to the University of Magic, and he continues to bring you the Magic and Faith themes with energy and direction. He was in place when I started last year...and he'll remain long after I'm gone, building upon the history and environment of his themes for the future. Our relative newcomer, Grey Wolf, has taken over the Citadel Palace, and it would be strange of you hadn't yet noticed his drive and enthusiasm...as well as his appreciation for intrigue and subtlety, things that will serve you political pcs for years to come! To you two gentlemen, a great word of thanks again: The Citadel would not be what it is today without your tireless efforts.

Finally, a word about me. As you all probably noticed, I had been planning this withdraw for some time...and here's why. I'll be moving soon, and immigrating to a new country...and building a new life in a new continent. I've been preparing for this withdraw to go make that happen, though I've had a few outstanding problems that made things perhaps more difficult. Chief among them was the resolution of the Enron Case in US Court: I work in natural gas in IT, so the decision...and the resulting Sarbanes-Oxley standards for public corporation oversight...has made my job perhaps busier than usual. In addition, I believe that I've recently met the lady with whom I'll spend the rest of my life...but that is a story I reserve for myself ;)

So...now we must part. But don't get sloppy just because I'm gone! ;) A quick apology to those of you caught in the transition. For all future questions/comments/concerns, please send your PMs to Grey Wolf.

And now, a few words about the future. Does Grant have a future with Tazlure? Absolutely! I'll remain in my GD capacity, and I'll remain to advise/assist the Citadel staff going forward. Later this calendar year, I might present a new concept for all to see...a new task in another part of our little world with an entirely new focus. For those that might ponder just what that might be, here's your clue:

Cast down from Heaven, the Old Fathers fled,
chased by the Maker, Yrgris the Dread,
To an Endless Night full of horrors ahead,
Lost from the world of plenty o'erhead.

Hunted by spider, serpent and stirge,
The halls of the Underdark echo with dirge
Hungry, thirsty, and blind from their purge,
A desperate people suffer Endless Night's Scourge.

At Morghoff's doors the Old Fathers kneel,
A Pendrachen now from clan Gilnead reveal,
Said Roark to his people, "New Fathers of stone,
With axe and pick, we will make this our home."

So that's it! Thank you all once again, and may the Citadel continue in its glory for years to come!
Last edited by Grant on Sun May 28, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

*waves to all people*

Okay, that was Grant. The man you know and love. And will continue to do so if you know what's good for you. Understood?

Enough funny stuff. I am here just to assure you that things will run smooth soon. It will take Trist and me some time to catch up, but once we do you will all be covered. I suspect I will have to do a lot of catching up, but it is my hope that I will have it all covered by the end of the week. Wxpect a slight drop in my posting rates. Sorry, but a post each day will probably not be possiblle till we get some help around here. *looks at Maeve with hope in his eyes*

That would be all. PLease be patient and wish Grant luck.

TO Grant:

You be a good boy now I am sure it will all end well. You need something you yell. And have fun above all.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Somehow it seems too trite and too inadequate to state that you will be missed. For a time it will seem as if the North Star has winked out of existence, but we shall be guided by other bright stars in the constellation.

Your contributions to Taz are too numerous to state, and I take comfort from the fact that you are not really leaving the community. I applaud your new life and join in the celebration we all feel that two very talented and special people met each other in this game and will now write their future together.

Good luck with the move. As a man who could set and overcome obstacles in a game, I have no doubt that you shall adroitly overcome them in real life. :)
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

The manager supports you, because you are such a big part of our community that we'll just have you anyway we can while keeping you sane.

The player is wistful, remembering many well written stories with fondness.

The friend knows you made the right decision for you and that is all a friend can wish for :)
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Sun May 28, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

BIG big hugs and thanks for excitement and thrills when I needed it :)

You're gonna have some thrills and excitement in your real life now, so enjoy it next to the stupid work that comes with it.

*HUGGLES*
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

A heartfelt thank you for all the work you've put into the Citadel and into Taz as a whole. You've made a lot of stories truly come alive by your writing and, dare I say, evilness!

Good luck to you while moving and good luck with your lady ;)
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

A big thank you. I'm sure the curlicues of your plotlines will be wending their way through Citadel (and indeed all of Tazlure) for a long time from now. You've been an inspiration.

Here's to happiness with all of your big changes. :)
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

I shall belatedly offer my thanks for your wonderful modding gratituide that you shall be staying with us in some way at least and best wishes on your upcoming changes.

Thanks mate, you've been brilliant!
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

*is sad* :(

All I could say, will give post later.

*Is really (100x) sad!*
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

Best of luck with all your endeavours, Grant. You're a corporate guy...you know these are really just "challenges", not "problems"! :D

And while your tantalizing verse sounds ever so intriguing (*plaits beard in anticipation*) I encourage you to solidify your RL first. Some things are just too precious to let slip away, n'est pas?

Drop us a line from time to time, so we know how things work out!

Regards,

Seb
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

*Raises a glass*

To His Beardedness;

"May his happiness be as deep as the ocean, and his troubles be as light as the foam!"

:Cheers:

Thanks for all of you work, talent and passion!

Good luck old friend, we shall miss you!

D/V/U/M

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”