After the Advisory Council Meeting (Late TT/early ET)

Moderator: Mods

Andolin
Caesar

After the Advisory Council Meeting (Late TT/early ET)

Post by Andolin »

The Council meeting over, Andolin had retired to his private audience chamber after requesting moments alone with Duke Erwin, Isis, Silk, and the ambassadors of Trothgard and Kislovan. Not sure which would be available, or when, the Caesar sat in a comfortable chair and poured himself brandy as he waited.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

One person surely would not be available and that was Duke Erwin, who was miles away in Dort, tending to the affairs of his island, having passed on his votes to Sosa for the time being, the lady paladin being the only person whom he could trust out of the entire Party of Light. Silk had excused himself, saying he needed to check on his office first since he heard some vandal had ransacked it while he was away, but promised he would come call upon Andolin later. Surprisingly the first person to arrive was Meira Duedhal of Kislovan. She was a youthful looking adhiel, with blond hair she carried bundled up, though a lot of her curls hung free. A bony and lithe woman, she could definitely have used a bit more physical exercise. She bowed stiffly, yet with perfect poise and greeted the Caesar in clear adhiel accent. "Good evening, Your Royal Highness. You have need of me or of my people?"
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

"Ah, Lady Meira, thank you for coming." He offered her a seat and brandy.

"I asked to see you for two reasons. First, I would hear what news there is from Kislovan. Second, I would like you to convey my good wishes to your Queen and solicit her as to whether she might be interested in suggesting a possible bride from her blood that could be a Caesarii. As you know, I am considering wedding several ladies representing the royal families of the various islands of the Empire. Most of the lands are human, as you know, but I believe that an adhiel should either be on the throne, as in Caesar Anochrim, or beside the throne as one of the Caesarii. I owe a debt to Kislovan and would offer its Queen a chance to recommend one of her blood to join with me." The debt was the magic blade of Caesar Anochrim.

He paused a moment to sip his brandy before continuing. "If she is not interested, I will not be offended, as there will be no shortage of interest in the Caesarii position by others," he mentioned offhandedly. He suspected that the Queen would be loathe to link one of her daughters or nieces to a human; but then, if the other rulers had their own blood on the throne (and she didn't) it might put her at a disadvantage. "Regardless, it is my sincere hope to have excellent relations with Kislovan throughout my reign," he assured her.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Turning down the offer of brandy, adhiel lady politely asked for a glass of red wine and sat in the chair regally, waiting for the Caesar to explain his summons. She nodded and waited until her drink was delivered, taking a sip and arranging the folds of her sari before replying. "If we are talking about taking a lady of Kislovani blood as an actual Caesarii I am quite certain Altaroien Calmeann would carefully consider your generous offer and try to find a suitable candidate. I will pass the offer onto her and arrange for everything once I am given an answer."

She took another careful sip of the wine, and studied the office with passing interest before addressing the other question. "I am sure Your Majesty is referring to the latest rebellion of the human rabble when he asked of the new from my homeland. Rest assured that this latest uprising of the slaves will be crushed and end like all the others of its kind. Human simply need to learn their place and understand that their lives are simply too short to understand all the intricacies of rule. How can a being whose life spans less than a century rule over an island of adhiel?" At the last words she glanced into Andolin's eyes, holding his gaze for a fraction of a flicker, before adding. "It is true the humans form the majority of population of Kislovan, but we can not go against centuries of tradition. They have always served adhiel and our warriors have protected them from all who sought to bring them harm. Even from themselves, when they spoke about freedom from adhiel and similar madness."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

"Thank you," he replied to her offer of forwarding a message. One needed to be polite to those who were to act as messengers.

A lesser man would have been offended by the thinly-veiled insults delivered against his race. Yet, Andolin was a man who sought to manipulate, rather than be manipulated. To do that, one must neutralize one's passions and emotions.

"We humans would certainly enjoy having a longer life span," he replied in good humor. "Even though I am a human, I hear wisdom in your words. We humans need to arrange for future generations of leaders more quickly than you adhiels. That is why I am moving forward in haste to cement alliances and assure a more logical line of succession and transition of power after my death." His words were spoken with a logical voice that he hoped would be welcomed by an adhiel.

"As to your internal problems. It is my view, as Caesar, to allow internal problems to remain internal until there is a request for assistance from the the Empire. Thus, I leave such matters in the capable hands of your Queen."

Having given his honeyed words to the ambasador, and assured her of his friendship, Andolin felt he had accomplished what he needed with respect to Kislovan. He wanted the support of the adhiels in the Council, even though they had few votes. Though ready to exchange pleasantries further, or respond to questions, Andolin was finished with this interview and ready for the next.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

When Andolin did not take the bait, Meira smiled inwardly, giving the young Caesar a brownie point for his cool reaction, using this meeting to size him up and see if a Kislovani Princess would be offered as a bride, or if he would have to be satisfied with a girl of non-royal blood. “We know that you humans can rise to greatness, and you are a fine example of that, but there is some danger in the impetuousness you exhibit. Your shorter life spans give you such inner fire and spur you onward and yet they also make you overeager and prone to mistakes. We hope you will show care and deal with your problems with cool head.” She did not mention the Kislovan or the rebellion again, merely nodding when he accepted the authority of adhiel in their internal matters, not even considering asking for help, as they did not need any help in dealing with human rabble. “I would also like to extend our offer of aid in any matter that trouble the Empire, be it military, political or mercantile.” She paused there, arching a brow and wondering if the offer would be accepted.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

"There can be impetuous humans, to be sure," he admited. "But, it is not necessarily present in our race only. It is a state of mind, rather than something exhibited exclusively by humans. What is really important is deciding whether someone is a man of passion and action, or of thoughtful resolve. I have always thought that either extreme has its disadvantages. I prefer a happy median myself. The first reaction must be one of thoughtfulness, rather than emotion. If there is to be action taken, it should be thoughtful action," he declared.

He was, of course, telling the ambassador what she wanted to hear. Yet, it had the beauty of being mostly true for him. Andolin realized that passion was best left in the bedroom, than in the Council Room.

"I am hoping that Her Highness will offer the most thoughtful and intelligent of her blood, so as to help advise me on important matters." It was a thinly-veiled reference to the fact that he would let an adhiel princess be his counselor if she was smart enough. Surely, the Queen would like to have more than a pretty face on the throne to safeguard Kislovan and adhiel interests. "If she was of the Queen's blood, then her views would more likely be met with deference by other Council Members," he added, to leave no doubt that royal blood was a prerequisite.

"Your offer is much appreciated Madam Ambassador. There will come a day, no doubt, when I call upon my friends on Kisloven to come to the aid of the Empire in a time of peril." There was no use in rebuffing offers of assistance.

Having largely accomplished what he wanted, Andolin was hopeful that this audience could be ended in favor of the Trothgard Ambassador, Silk, Isis, or the Ambassador from Dort.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Meira smiled and nodded in agreement. "Wise words, Caesar. Wise words indeed." Even though she knew the Caesar wasn't giving her anything good, she couldn't disagree with him.

She smiled when the Caesar expressed his hope for a true royal blood adhiel candidate for Caesarii. "As said before, I am quite certain Altaroien Calmeann would carefully consider your generous offer and try to find a suitable candidate. I will pass the offer onto her and arrange for everything once she has agreed on the offer. I will go back to Kislovan right away to meet with the Altaroien. I thank you for your time, Caesar Azarin and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors."

Meira bowed and left the room. Unfortunately none of the others were currently available for a meeting.

OOC: this wraps up this thread!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

summarised, no skills awarded
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”