Palace Whispers

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Palace Whispers

Post by Maeve »

In this thread you can put whisperings, rumors, any gossip you want to share.

Two rules:
1. Any rumor posted by a mod can be assumed general knowledge with no trace to the source
2. Any rumor posted by a player can and very likely will be traced to the one who started it

I encourage everybody to incorperate the whisperings in their threads.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The new ceremony of candles is proving its worth. The Caesar himself chased away daemons this gravetide, doing battle with them in the Royal Bedchamber, assisted by his closest advisors.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A dark coach has been seen riding between the palace and the Rose Guidl each morningtide. Those in the know whisper that a high level official has bought a contract of a Rose despite the fact that the institution has been under much scrutiny lately.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Office of Protocol is nothing but an excuse for a lot of hanky panky. Why, on the night of the Debutant Ball several of the assistants could be seen with flushed faces in the gardens, in the hallways, even the laundry rooms without thinking twice about their duties. What would once expect if the pages are Roses?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

From several sources it is confirmed that the Caesar has an interest in obtaining the Kona's daughter Aesa for his wife. This icy Trothgardian woman tried to best the Royal Personage in a duel, which is very unbecoming for a lady according to traditional circles. It has been rumored for the longest time that violence invokes the strongest passions in His Highness.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Master of Protocol is an upstart that has somehow captured the ear of the Caesar, surrounding himself with fawning ladies he calls assistants and even taking up residence in one of the patrician houses. It is said that in doing so he gained many enemies.
Last edited by Maeve on Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Major Domus has been taking one of the assistants of the Master of Protocol on a cruise. Only shows that those damn panlings are taking over the palace, seducing men left and right.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

There is a darkhaired 'lady' going around at court that has taken a different man every tide in her unsatiable hunger.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

More than one marriage might be in the offing when the Ceasar marries. Several of the high noble families like Clos du Bois and Haut Ledoc have been alluding to have their noble daughters become the bride in the next season.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

There is a woman in advanced stages of pregnancy that has taken up residence in the palace. Servants are speculating as to the high level father of the babe for her to have been sheltered there.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

One of the Rose pages was arrested yesterday, found wandering in the garden of the Master of Protocol. He was quickly released after the sergeant arrived. Whispered voices suggest the Rose had influential contacts. Isn't it about time somebody put a stop to the influence of the Rose?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A fire broke out in the Burpin Dragon broke loose while several courtiers were in attendence. The fire is believe to be mage induced and the UoM is investigating the matter. Meanwhile the quesiton remains what so many courtiers were doing in such a shabby establishment.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Several courtiers have been questioned severly about contacts they maintained with traitors to the crown. While the harbor and the gates have been reopened after the fest, all is not quiet at the palace and the investigation of the vigilant Purple Guard continues. Let those who are not steadfast in their belief of the Light beware!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

A lady caught the eye of the Major Domus. She was moved to larger new quarters at the blink of an eye. How long will she be able to keep his attention from straying?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Several more arrests of courtiers are awaited. Rumor has it that it has now spread to the citadel's merchants.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Ceasar is indisposed, refusing to see anybody. It is whispered the disappearance of a Rose, a male no less, has something to do with it. Nobody will say it out loud, but the fear is that the Rose guild has finally gotten its claws into the Royal Personage. Perhaps somebody sought to right a wrong?

At any rate, the leader of the Empire can not afford to sulk overly long. There is a wedding to be arranged and a tournament to be planned.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

Samheen 19th

Word has it that the Caesar is once again indisposed. What could it be this time?

Injured pride? After all, he was a favourite in the Tourney Melee.

A real injury? He did fall during the Melee.

A relapse? Perhaps his previous illness has returned.

Heart sick? Maybe he really does not want to marry the Trothgardian Princess.

Some say that even Lady Rioja does not know what is wrong with the Caesar.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”