Purple Guard (Starting Thread)

Moderator: Mods

Hoppy

Purple Guard (Starting Thread)

Post by Hoppy »

A large part of the grounds surrounding the impenetrable citadel itself is dedicated to that elite force that is know to even the smallest child in the Empire of Seven Isles: the Purple Guard.

To an untrained eye, the barracks may seem insignificant in size: an exercise yard a large training hall with some classrooms and an armory. And of course the sober sleeping quarters of both the chosen and the trainees.

But it’s not the looks but the quality of the teachers that draws fighters from all corners of the world to this location to vie for a place in the Purple Guard.

It is an impressive office with white marble stairs and pillars at either side of the door. The office is clean and efficient. A soldier in a purple uniform hands you a form asking for all the usual details such as name, previous experience and the names of people who will vow on your good name. But that is only the first step in the long grueling selection process.

=.=.=

The doors stand open and welcoming with purple banners hanging outside and fluttering in the breeze. Flanking them are two large guardsmen resplendent in uniform. They eye the candidates walking up the stairs, challenging them to step across the threshold into their new life.
Blaine Moonhammer

Post by Blaine Moonhammer »

When Blaine first arrived at the barracks, he became dissapointed.

What a small place, only an excercise yard, possibly a few classrooms, and an armory. Oh well, maybe they just don't like a lot of room, or maybe they just pick only the best. Oh, don't tell yourself that, you're just worrying yourself for no reason. Calm down and read the sheet.

Blaine hurriedly scribbled all the details on the sheet, such as his name, previous experience, and names of those who could vow on his good name.

Blaine passed through the fluttering banners, amazed at the prestige that the flags showed. He then directed his gaze to the two guardsman in front of him. Determined not to let them stare him down, he looked at one of them square in the eyes, challenging him not to let Blaine through.

Father wants me to be a Purple Guard, and so I shall!
Last edited by Blaine Moonhammer on Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Welcome to the PG!

Neither guard seemed to take any notice of Blaine until he was almost level with them, then the one Blaine had been staring at stepped in front of him barring any further passage forward.

"Looks like we got a right one here, What do you think", he said turning to his fellow.

"Yea, I think your right, a right one", said the second guard.

The first guard leaned towards Blaine, his face inches away, "You give people looks like that they might get the wrong idea. They might think ya don't like them".

The second guard interrupted, "Yea, and their friends might think so as well".

The first guard nodded and stood back a little, Still barring Blaines way.
"You need to adjust your attitude if you want to stay here, whats your name anyway, and where ya from".

The guard looked Blaine up and down with disdain on his face as if he already knew the answer was one he would not like.
Blaine Moonhammer

Post by Blaine Moonhammer »

OOC: I'll have to say, you certainly gave me a response I didn't think was coming Dyfed. Let's see how well I can handle this and thanks for the welcome to the PG.

IC: Blaine realized he had made a mistake by challenging the guard not to let him pass.

I'm always so foolish. Why didn't I just walk right past them? And what do they mean by a right one?

Blaine took a step back when the guard barred his entrance and took a bow.

"My, my, where are my manners? I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Blaine Saint-Claire, and I hail from this very city. I'm sorry if my eyes deceived you and gave you a bad look, for I surely didn't mean to. In fact, I have the utmost respect for men like you, who have already achieved the status of a Purple Guard, whereas I hope to become a lilac soon. Please forgive me if I have insulted you men in any way."

Well, I must say, I think I put on a clever show. It's just like father used to always say, manners can get you anywhere. Hopefully, it'll get me inside the barracks and away from these men.

A thin smile came to Blaine's face as he awaited the guard's response.
Last edited by Blaine Moonhammer on Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
folderol

Post by folderol »

OOC : Hi, and welcome to the PG. Please jump over to the new thread, “Bootcamper’s Week: Blaine”. I generally have a slow posting rate, but will try to post more frequently.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”