OOC:Questions and comments

Moderator: Mods

Hoppy

OOC:Questions and comments

Post by Hoppy »

Here you can ask about any questions or concerns you might have about anything involving the Purple Guard.
valsert
Sergeant of the Purple Guard

Post by valsert »

wow.. 4 days with no posts :twisted: must....findd....moooore pppurple guards.....
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Hey! I'm here. Doing my part. Fighting the good fight too!
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

I am sorry Ulder... it has been a hectic week. :(

I wonder if you and Valsert couldn't have a side thread for sparring together? Would give you both something to do between mod posts? I am not sure what timestamp Valsert is on.

And yes, we need more PGs. ;)

:D
Last edited by Shaeliana on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
valsert

Post by valsert »

aye.. that would be fun.

i have a good bit to learn in reguards to puting my mental combat thoughts into words that will be understood correctly.

um.. that and figureing out exactly what is acceptable in combat, for a player to DO... :P do i attempt to hack his head off.. or do i send an upward arc in the hopes of severing said limb :P

not sure of the time frame tho... or how it might take away from any current plans.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

If you read through my "Pursuing the Goal" thread, I'd say that my session with Zimphander was a fairly typical fight sequence. It may be a little higher level than normal because it's obvious that both & I Hoppy know a thing or 2 about actually fighting with a sword, but that should give you the gist of how it should work, look and / or feel.

From what I was told, and the way I've always played, you never assume the outcome of your actions, unless they are mundane. You can choose to walk across the floor to speak with someone at the bar, and you can choose if you'd like your character to trip on the way or not, but drawing your sword and actually striking them is up to the Mods. You can always try to do it, but the Mods will decide if you are successful.

Don't worry about sparring. If you'd like to do it, I'd be happy to, but I have stuff to do IC if it doesn't work out. If you want to wait on it, that's fine with me.

Just my $.02. Hope it helps.
valsert

Post by valsert »

aye.. yes.. well, i have done a good bit of arms combat.... altho i have never gone to any of the national / regional events. I spar with a local group that frequents them.

its alot of fun but heh fighting in real life, and puting down in words that everyone will understand are two very diffrent things. i have read thru most of your posts tho, and i think it will help. i guess attention to detail is the key factor.
valsert

Post by valsert »

anyone heard from Folderol?

12 days no post from him....... hope hes ok
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Perhaps a quick PM or an email to him and Hoppy would be in order? (If you haven't already done so...)

It has been strangely quiet around here. They (the Mods) must be getting ready for some big stuff!
Last edited by Ulder on Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valsert

Post by valsert »

rofl.. well i dont wana shake things up.. i know if the bosses are not around, it meens they are buisy :)

i just alwase worrie that somones gona get sick or hurt ..
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

As you might have noticed, Hoppy seems to be MIA.... :cry:

I hope you don't mind me droping in every now and then, and please feel free to throw all your questions and comments may way :wink:

Saskia
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Hey Sas?

Can we continue the thread in the stables?

::nudge nudge::

:wink:
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

dear people,

It is with great delight that we announce that Twilight and Taleweaver will be headmodding the Citadel as a team.

Our thanks go to Guen for taking this post for so long, and reorganizing the area before her well deserved hiatus.

Congratulations to all!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Blaine Moonhammer

Post by Blaine Moonhammer »

Question to the mods: How come I've seen every one of the mods of the Purple Guard forum on atleast 2-3 times now, and no one has posted anything in this forum? Have we been forgotten?

I know it seems like I'm impatient, and I have to admit, I am just a bit. I'm truly very excited to get my character started on becoming a PG, but I'm not sure the mods even know my character exists.
Blaine Moonhammer

Well, atleast Ulder gets some action....
Anarión Herunna

Post by Anarión Herunna »

I think you have to be a little patient, three days is not really very much, but you could PM the headmaster of the PG barracks. Try either folderol or Taleweaver. So far you have done everything correctly; I guess they must have overlooked you or maybe creating a great plot for you...

Good luck!
Last edited by Anarión Herunna on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine Moonhammer

Well, I did pm the mods finally, so everything is settled. Of course I should be a little patient, it's just my excitement kind of overtook my patience.

Anyone reading my comments, overlook them. :D
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Hey Blaine,

After you get through and picked up by one of the Mods, PM or email me and you and I can start a thread of our own to RP your first day in the barracks, or something similar. That way you can be RP'ing your Guard trials with the Mods and have a separate thread that won't need quite so much Mod attention at the same time. That should help get you going and help get you involved much faster.

Welcome to Tazlure!
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

No apology necessary, Blaine. We advise in the rules that if you've not received a reply for 3 days, that you should contact the mods for we do get busy and folks do get overlooked. This is especially true on this board where we can simply click on "View all posts since you last visit" rather than drilling down into each forum to read.

Also, as you've heard, Citadel is in the process of a changing of the guards as it were and so things are a bit hectic as the new head mods settle in. As for the Purple Guard, Folderol is only able to post weekends and while Jadmai has been running Ulder's PG thread, he is focused on rebuilding Gulanadur for the reopening of that forum next month.

We do apologize for the oversight Blaine, are happy to see it's been resolved and hope you enjoy your time in Tazlure.

Oh yes.. and do take Ulder up on his offer. PG threads tend to go... slowly and if you can find another player to interact with, it will give you more posting opportunities. :D
Last edited by Shaeliana on Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Blaine Moonhammer

Sounds great guys. I can't wait!

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”