Troth - Hand of the Kona - Chyril 25th - Late TT

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Wrong distance Langredoc's fingers scratched harmless the huge man's arm. He was unable to stop the crushing force chocking him. He was aware of the word exchange between Hex and someone else though unable to make up what they said. His blurred red vision told him that the end was near so he prepared for a last desperate action as he pulled up his legs. It never came that far because suddenly he was hurled towards a wall, he heard his neckbones complain about the force and then he did hit the wall knocking all air that was left in his tortured body out of it. A painful gasp brought some air inside but not enough to curse...

He had a feeling that it would take a while before he would curse... still he fought to get his legs below his body, his back against the wall. Nether would not stop him from being on his legg's if he would die, he would die standing... or at least trying.

He forced the anger away... anger was a sign of being stupid better wait, better gain strength. Stay alive was his motto, and he would stick to it.

His damage estimation was clear.. some bones bruised, his neck bruised, his ego slightly tarnished. He had been lucky.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Tor has left them but Braagi stood there. Hex moved with caution to Langredoc's side.

Speaking in soft tones so that only he could hear...

"Are you OK? can you breath? I am sorry, there was nothing else I could do. I am playing a game with those that are far more powerful than I, and I don't even know the rules of this game anymore."

There was nothing that Hex could do for the damage to Langredoc's neck but she quickly set about getting bones back in the right place and checking their severity of break.

"We will need to rest in this place a while, wait while I find us some better chambers."

Hex stood and went to the massive man.

"Will you come with me as I walk these halls in search of a better room to lay our heads for a rest?"
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc chuckled then started to couch, then he whispered "Nothing broken... will be ok." and couching resumed, he spat some blood on the ice.

Anger was still in him and it helped him to ignore most of the pain, sending a grin towards Hex. Then he watched the woman move about searching for a place to stay.

Langredoc knew a place to stay, and it was not here. After a few flickers he decided to move himself towards the place where Lori and Reiker laid. It took a long time to cover the ground to reach them, with many a grunt of pain.

Then his eyes returned to Braagi the Bear, a smile flowed over his lips when he spoke... well whispered to the man.. "Why do you run the risk that I return the favour of death to you ? On my terms of course, not like now on your terms. It would have been more logical to kill me.."

Langredoc grabbed his swords and place them back in their scabbards...
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

The Bear stood stoic and silent, like a mammoth statue of fur and ice. His flinty eyes were hard points as Hex asked her question of him. Clearly Braagi was not interested in accompanying her as he barely moved or registered that he had even heard her. He simply stood, as if waiting for something.

He turned his head a fraction when Langredoc addressed him. Still he said nothing, and his face looked grim and determined. He may as well have still been frozen for all the words or movement he conveyed.

His huge fist shifted on the pommel of his axe. Leather creaked and groaned as he gripped and re-gripped his weapon a few times. One could almost feel the fury rising off of him.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex had had quite enough of these beings from behind the wall of ice. She moved off, gathered up her things and then went to help Langredoc up.

As she passed by Braagi hex snorted at the man.

"What good is your strength if you are just going to stand there?"

Hex walked to where the Gryphon had left them and looked down the corridor.

Shaking her head hex had remembered how eagerly she had sought this place out, now all that was gone and she was left with a taste of bitterness.
~
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The palace of the Ice Queen was incredibly vast, and incredibly empty. Everywhere one looked, there was another vacant hall. The Gryphon had left they way they had come in, up the silent stair, and out into the waiting darkness.

Braagi's eyes watched Hex and Langredoc move about the room. Hex's taunt did little to sway him from his silence, or his anger. He did strike his axe once against the stone platform where the Gryphon once lay, and caught the spark to start a fire. He lit cold iron braziers in the room, and the fire gave off little light, or little heat, but was enough to keep the room dimly lit, and threw stark shadows into every corner.

He seemed to care little for Lori or Reiker and disregarded them as if they were mere rags on the floor. He began to sharpen his axe against the stone. Scraping and scraping and scraping until it was enough to drive a man insane. He said nothing, and it seemed he was waiting for something to arrive. The sense of inevitability hung heavy on him like a cloak of dark fur.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

langredoc coughed, the meeting with Braagi left is traces in a trickle of blood poring down from his lips. The man licked it away and waited, his weapons stayed in their scabbard while he regained strength.

His eyes focused on the bear man ignoring the sounds. Watching the flames and the shadows... The Red Warrior would have liked those red flames he thought for a moment then he recalled a wonderful smile of a adhiel priestess. It had been nice and warm, strange that he recalled it in this ice cold centre of a Queen Goddess. If it did anything it warmed his heart and strengthened his resolve.

He took out one his swords and leaned on it, while time passed. He smiled at the bearman.

"You did not answer my question..." he said softly... the smile remained..
Last edited by Langredoc on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex went over to look at Reiker and Lori, brining their bodies more into the light so she could get a good look at them. Langredoc was amusing himself playing with the big man. Hex was just so tired.

After examining the two on the floor she went over to the big chair and crawled up. Throwing her legs over one arm she leaned back to close her eyes for a moment. A mild headache had started and she had not had proper rest in some time.

"Langredoc, will you wake me in a while...."

She rolled her head cracking her neck and releasing tension from her shoulders.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc watched Hex taking a rest and nodded towards her to confirm that he would wake her. After a while he moved closer to the chair. It was not long before he took of his cloak and covered Hex with it. His excuse was that if she slept she would lose a lot of body warmth, nothing else......

He himself just eyed Braagi suspiciously while spending his time watching the surroundings. The warrior was guarding, a bit funny though. He had done that many a time, but this was the first time that he could not see the stars and hear the sounds of the camp. He missed the sounds and the smells of camp, the laughter and screams of women and men. The complains about the food, and talking about women. It had been his home for so long and now he was alone. It almost made him miss his master... almost... because he did not miss all the death threats, the knifes in the dark, the rebellious farmers deiing on the fields because they preferred to fight over starving to death.

He listened to the sounds of ice and wind... it was just not like home. So he just waited and watched, nothing ever stayed the same, and he would be ready for it, whatever it was.
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

OOC: Hi guys, sorry I trailed behind. I just had a lot of problems and the game kinda lost its hold on me, sorry.

IC:

Shock, surprise, whatever it was Reiker wasn't used to it. The blue light that streaked from nowhere had its effect on him. It sent a quiver throughout his body. It wasn't pain, nor was it a pleasurable experience coming from the consumption of sweets or suddenly surviving a fight. It's bluntness just spread as ripple from his chest and took away all strength and feeling from his muscles. For a huge length of time, there was nothing for him but confusion. He could hear, and that was it.

What the hell?

He thought he heard Gods talking.

What in bloody hell!!!

Gods usually had a meaning or reason for everything. Sometimes it was madness, at others it was lust. Gods were as human, as mortal, as anyone could ever be. Reiker had it in his mind to never believe in them, to never let them have his faith, his loyalty, only his employ if the price was right. Now, now a God had done him wrong. It was an insult. The Ice Bitch just struck him down.

Move Dammit, bloody hell, move an inch!!! Bloody Ice Bitch! Fucking Ice Bitch!! Ice Bitch!!!!

Blood coursed through his veins a little faster. His lips started to quiver as his beating heart rose in rythm. He had no idea whether it would work or not, but heat was his only escape from dumb cold, stagnant cold, useless cold.

Bitch!!!
Last edited by Reiker on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
[url=http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63002342]Knights Game[/url]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: Welcome back, just glad to see you :) Reiker has been a Lazy bum :P

Langredoc watched Reiker started to move again. So he quickly moved towards him.

"Keep it down lad..." he said to the man. "Take your time.." He took some water and pored a few drops on the man's lips..

"Glad to have you back, you got me worried a bit."

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Strength and movement returned to Reiker's limbs as if they had been asleep for a long time. The feeling of thousands of little pins was evident nearly everywhere on his body as blood and circulation returned.

Braagi continued to stand erect and silent, Langredoc's words did not sway him to speak, nor did any of their actions cause him to stir. He may as well have still been frozen in the Wall for all he did or said, leaving the others to fend for themselves.

That night, only the howling wind and the soft hiss of the braziers kept them company.

OOC: Due to Reiker's return, I'll keep this open a bit for some more interaction, but I think it's a good place to wrap up and begin again in the Homecoming or a new thread. Welcome back Reiker, nice to see you again! :)
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC:

Hello, welcome back Reiker.

V. Are you going to write a closing post to this?

H.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

It was clear to Langredoc that it was better to depart from this place, what could be done was done. They should get back to a place where they could take care of the warrior and the lady. This empty icy palace was not doing them any good.

His own body was hurt and painful but would be healthy soon enough , so he started to collect the gear to get back to where ever it was, whispering to Reiker that he should try to get up and back to the dogs. He would take care of the ladies.

Even though he would have loved to kick Braagi's oversized ass... sadly enough there was no water to be found that was not frozen... so he could not cool the man off.

Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

"Bitch" Reiker wheezed through his lips.

He could finally feel his legs, his arms, his skin. He slowly opened his eyes and above him was the same icy roof he greeted when he trailed behind the boss. He frowned.

"Bitch," he proclaimed once again.

There was no call for it, no obvious reason for such an act from a being beyond natural. The insult was still burned in his mind so fresh he didn't notice Langredoc whispering to him. When that wind hit his ear, it sent shiver up his spine. When he turned to face where it came form, he saw the warrior's face a few inches away from his. His eyes shot wide open, and tried to make sure it was as normal as possible, despite the heavy and crawling feeling of awkard grazing his legs up to his neck. In that instant, he forgot all about the ice bitch that hit him earlier.

"Yeah, sure," he replied, unsure what the other man whispered to him, "sure. I'll be on my way then."
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

"I hope you don't mean the lady" Langredoc grinned... "Get your lazy but into action..."

Langredoc picked up the little lady from the ground, with a grunt of pain... Then he waited for Hex to wake up.

Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker was already away when Langredoc pushed him to take care of the dogs. He waved the order with his hand, "You didn't give me the kil-things, so yeah I don't have follow your orders. The dog'll do fine, right now I need to get some more blood running through my veins. Goddamned ice bitch."

He was walking towards the bear-man he had noticed earlier. The large man's countenance was what attracted him. He had faced statues before. One time a statue moved, and he had to wrestle with it. He had the same intentions here. Eyeing the big man's axe, he had to take this chance.

"I want to fight you," he stared up into the man's eyes and ripped his blades rags off. The blade was almost at par with the big man's axe in size, but skill was what Reiker wanted to know, and possibly learn from this bear.

"I've seen your kind before. They're big, they look stupid, but beneath all that they burn so hard their flame is an white and blue as ice. I think that's what you have right now, and I'd like to learn it, so. I just hope whatever it is I do know won't get me killed."

Reiker lowered his stance and leveled his blade like a polearm towards the bear's chest.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc chuckled while he watched the show... "You time off has not put more brains in the frozen head of you he said.." He wondered if he should knock the man out... then decided that the weight in his arms was more important.

"Be careful Reiker, he is as strong as a huge bear...." then he walked towards Hex.. "Wake up, its time to leave for us..."

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Braagi said nothing. His eyes lowered to look at Reiker with the same intensity and unflinching attention he'd given everything else in the room after he'd been freed from the ice.

Even when the warrior leveled his blades at the man, he said or did nothing. He simply stood huge and mute and waited for any strike to come.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

"Finally," Reiker whispered to himself.

He paced back one step, and placed his hands at the farthest end of his blade's hilt. He tightened his hold, and then began to play. He pushed forward suddenly, treating his sword as he would a spear.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Reikers strong and sudden thrust came forward in a rush at the hulking Braagi.

Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, the mammoth warrior did nothing to evade the blow, and Reiker's sword plunged deep into the bowels of Braagi.

The warrior's face did nothing to betray the pain he must have felt, in fact, the narrowing of his furious eyes seemed to indicate more of a focus in concentration rather than a show or sign of pain. He made no noise. He never cried out, and blood as bright and red as a new rose came spilling forth from the wound that Reiker gave him.

Reiker's sword dove deep and sharp into the huge man's midesection, and Reiker suddenly realized how close he was now standing to the larger, stronger man. Too close.

Braagi's huge, meaty fist closed over the edges of Reiker's blade and pulled him even closer. Close enough to swat the back of his other fist against Reiker's skull. The sheer impact of the blow knocked Reiker several feet away where he lay dazed and sprawling, a jagged cut blossomed over Reiker's eye, and blood trickled from it and dripped down his face.

Braagi looked never looked down at the weapon still impaling him. With his fingers still wrapped around the sword hilt, and with a single, swift, strong motion, he pulled Reiker's weapon free from his flesh. A gout of strong blood gushed from the wound, soaking into the furs and skins he wore.

He lifted the weapon and held it high to examine it. Steely eyes looked up and down the length of the blade just once, and he tossed it aside in a bloody clatter.

His heavy footsteps were deep and loud as he stomped over to where Reiker lay and the huge man put a foot in the middle of Reiker's chest and held him down. The massive man's strength was unbelievable and Reiker felt like the life was being crushed out of him. Braagi's huge axe was suddenly in his hands, and he brought the mighty weapon overhead in a swift and powerful motion.

He brought the weapon down where it imbedded into the marble floor with an awful sound of ringing steel and breaking stone. Anything under it would have been cleaved in two. Luckily for Reiker, it wasn't his head, as the hulking Braagi pounded the blade of his axe into the stone an inch from Reiker's ear. There was no doubt that Braagi had struck right where he wanted to, and had intentionally missed. A finger's width separated Reiker from instant death, and Reiker could hear and feel the blade of the axe vibrating from the impact.

A final shove with his boot pushed Reiker into the stone one last time, leaving his axe imbedded in the stone, and the big man stalked off to stand in nearly the exact same place as he had stood when Reiker had struck him. He left a bloody footprint on Reiker's chest, as well as several where he walked as blood from his wound had washed down one leg.

Braagi's steely eyes flicked over to Langredoc once, and Hex awoke from the sound of the brief but furious combat. Still as a stone he stood as his blood dripped and pooled at his feet.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

"Damn you," Reiker wheezed out with a cough as he clambered up to his legs. He grit his teeth hard and tried to calm his shaken legs. Fear of death came to suddenly for him to taste it. First, there was adrenaline, a tiny little bit that dulled the shame and pain slowly building up inside him. Then, there was realization. He did not want to hurt the man, but he did. For that, he could not forgive himself. Second, there was a large fissure dividing the bigger man's skill from him. Third, that skill was probably from something god-like of nature.

Yes, now he understood. These men and women get there strength from their god. That was how they over powered him. That was the imbalance mulling over his head. He had no god. He had no love for gods. Now, a powerful servant from one of them was turning him into a lesson for everyone to see. What in hell was he doing with his life?

No, he mustn't think like that. He didn't get hurt to just get hurt. There was something he wanted to learn. The lesson Braagi gave was good, but that was a lesson he himself wanted to give a stranger in the future. No, there was something else he wanted to learn. He wanted to learn how to be Braagi and Braagi was the only one who could teach it.

Reiker inched close to Braagi once again and strained his body up to his full might. He beckoned to the wound he did not want to cause and said, "Please for give me for this." He kept his eyes on the bigger man, unwavering, seeking, "I see your point, you pounded it into me quite well, but there is something you must understand."

Reiker held up his hands to let the bigger man see that they were empty. He then unstrapped every weapon he had stuck into his body and tossed them a distance nearer to Langredoc. He then took off that annoying armor he had to wear to stave off trolls and made sure Braagi saw how naked he was in front of the Bigger Man. He then stepped in closer and closed his fore arms in for his self taught form.

"Forgive me, but I must learn of Braagi and only Braagi can teach me. No weapons, you can handle yours if you want, I'm not here to spill your blood. I do not spill the blood of those I do not mark as enemies. Now, please, allow a warrior his wish. Teach me."
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Braagi cast a wayward glance down at the smaller man. He said nothing, indeed he had not said a word since being freed from his icy prison. He resumed his silent vigil.

Little could be said as to what the huge warrior was waiting for, but he seemed content and comfortable to wait for it. The blood from the wound that Reiker had given him did not seem to bother him in the slightest. He made no effort to bind it or otherwise tend to it in any way. Yet despite this, it had nearly stopped bleeding, leaving only a small puddle at his feet.

Silently Braagi regarded Reiker, he may as well have been a statue.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker had a feeling he wouldn't find anything more than a human statue in Braagi as stood there begging the bigger man to fight him. He sighed and lowered his shoulders and walked over to his sword. As he heaved it he cursed, "I hate Gods." He walked past Braagi again with his sword on his shoulder as he moved to see to the dogs. He glanced at the man and swore, "Someday each and every God will die. There will be nothing left of the divine for its use will soon be outgrown by us mortals. I hope you're good for something other than being a statue. Cause right now, a dying God doesn't seem too far a thought."

Reiker left the rooms of Hex and the others. He was still employed to them thanks to the arms and armor he was paid with. In truth he wasn't a big fan of the leather armor. He was much more at ease with fighting in bare flesh. It was a tradition he learned when he was younger, a stupid tradition as Hex would note, but a tradition he would choose to live nonetheless. The only reason why he wore the armor was because the Boss-lady insisted. Reiker hoped she would have some more arms for him when they got back after killing Skaali. Where was Skaali anyway? Why were they diverted here? He had feeling something wanted them here for the benefit of Skaali. That's why he hated Gods so much. They were useless to existence up to a fault. All they did was play chess all day and whenever they lost they whine. Reiker spat on the holy ground as he neared the dogs.

He hoped he would have better company with them. He stabbed his sword deep into the earth and started to tend to them. He drew out all his weapons and placed them in one of the sleds, preparing himself for another trip. With that, he took off his leather and placed it among the blades. With only his winter furs and threads left he fed the dogs and checked them. He made sure their paws were clean and good. Some he found raw and tired and for this he started tearing sheets from his clothing and wherever he could find rags. These he used to cover the dogs's paws and strung it there with threads he scavenged from the sleds. He checked their teeth afterwards and made sure the females weren't pregnant. He looked back at the ice he came from and started to get bored. Surely, there would be something in there for him.

After he was done with the dogs he drew out his blade from the snow struck earth and walked back in. inside he started to wander the caverns, his eyes steady for interesting things.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc took both ladies out of the ice castle, after all there was nothing there to do anyway. His body was painful and his cough brought up blood. It was time to find a more peaceful place. At least the dogs where happy to see them again. He placed the women on the sled, it was easy to get the dogs back in line, they where eager to get on the move as him.

He just hoped that Hex would take over before the dogs would take control... The man laughed then coughed some more. He hoped that he would meet Bastard Braagi again over.... ten years...

Return to “Trothgard Archive”