Rimehold: Arvana (Samheen 18th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Rimehold: Arvana (Samheen 18th)

Post by Guest »

(OOC: Arvana from: Hunting Plains: Scatha, Arvana, Brynhild (Samheen 15th))

Samheen 18th, Morningtide

The first streaks of a rising sun crept over the settlement called Rimehold as a new morning dawned on Trothgard. A sliver of the moon still rested on the azure sky despite the shimmer of the sun the other end of the heavens. The air of a cold morning was crisp in its bitter caress, yet no wind stirred the tent flaps, no breeze whistling in the tusts of browning grass showing its face here and there.

Lirahn had met Arvana in the North Star Tavern for the announced meeting with the Kona. The elven foreigner knew little of what had happened since returning from the unsuccessful hunting trip where Scatha had been taken off by a hippogryph, and the last two days had passed with few events of notice. Lirahn had seen the young elf a few times in the tavern, while his older brother Evan apparently was busy elsewhere. There could be no talk of running off after Scatha, Lirahn had told Arvana. Not until they had seen the Kona.

And hence the elf was here, accompanied by the young Trothgarder, outside a tent a little larger in size than many of the others, but not towering in any sense. Lirahn was about to pull aside the tent flap when he looked up at Arvana and hesitated. "Are you alright, Arvana? Any questions?" The young man had been unwilling to answer much earlier, but his demeanor told he was perhaps more open now.

Post by Guest »

After returning to Rimehold, Arvana went to her room that she shared with Scatha. Unable to sleep, she tossed and turned most of the night, confused by the day events.

After little rest the previous nights, Arvana wasnt too refreshed for the day ahead of her, with the Kona. In fact, she was unsure of what will happen this day. Pulling on her clothes, Arvana rushes, as not to be late. Meeting Lirahn in the tavern, they sent out for the tent, Arvana a but nervous.

On the way there, she clears her head but little thoughts of her future. Ones of where things for her will be bright and cheery. Although she knows that the following few days will be difficult, she looks forward to the challenge. At the tent, the young adhiel was about to open her mouth, when Lirahn spoke before her. "I be alright. Just dont know what will happen. I confused," she pauses before continuing. "Please explain why they took Scatha. I no understand if it good thing. I thought it was...?" By the look on Lirahn's face, she wasnt sure if she should ask these questions now, but she did want them answered. The adhiel wanted to know what was happening, before meeting with the Kona. "Please tell me."
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Lirahn gave her an uncomfortable look "It is a sign. Whether it is good or not is up to the Kona to decide." He put a comforting hand on Arvana's shoulder. The snowflakes fell between them, burning on Arvana's skin "Being picked by the Icequeen herself to be carried off to the valley of Hippogryphs, the chosen ones, will not be hard on Scatha, so do not worry over your friend. She is being honored, for an outsider." However, Evan had been worried. Lirahn evaded her eyes somewhat, starting to walk again.

The large hut where the Kona held court appeared before them. It was called the mother hut and was larger than all huts put together. It was not just the living space of the Kona, it was the seat of government, the hut serving many social functions. "Remember, " Lirahn explained as he pushed away the cloth in the entrance, "that the Kona is not just our political leader; she is our highpriestess. It falls unto her to read the signs. It is our duty to obey her and tell her what we've seen, to be her hands and eyes. "

Inside it was dark and the smell of smoke pricked in Arvana's eyes as they tried to adjust to the lack of light.
Last edited by Maeve on Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

The slight smile that played on Arvana's lips had totally disappeared after being told about "it" being a sign. She still isn't quite sure what exactly that means, but is sure that things will be explained in detail when the time is right. The young adhiel looks up into the sky, at the sight of the snow falling.

At the large hut, or what looked to be a hut, Arvana stopped before going in. Smoothing out her hair, and clothing, she hopped she looked at least a bit presentable for the Kona. "I will try to accurately explain what I'd seen, but still difficult to com...compre...Compre...Comprehend what I seen."

Closing her eyes, the young elf prepares herself for the Kona, and enters the building, worry freckling her soft featured face. Inside, she opens her eyes, only to have them blurred and scalded with smoke. Blinking rapidly, she attemps to clear her vision.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Lirahn squeezed her hand as she went in, and then never let go, standing by her side as Arvana's eyes adjusted. After she batted her eyelashes a few times she started to see silhouettes, and then slowly everyting came more into focus.

Arvana was greeted by a woman covered in furs. She was old, missing nearly all her teeth, and her grey hair had become sparse, and just barely was enough to carry a number of feathers and beads 'You have come, child," she croacked, not precisely stern, but without an inflection of emotion, her face serious "You are invited to sit with the council, so we can hear your story."

The woman stepped back so that Arvan could see behind her. A half circle of women sat on furs around a low fire. A few young girls were throwing little herbs into the flames. Sage, and something Arvana's nose didn't recognize. Slightly elevated, the only one in a chair was a blond lady, her temples touched with grey. Her icey blue eyes observed Arvana keenly. A gryphon feather clearly indicated her to be the chosen one, the Kona.

The crone next to her touched her arm and indicated the soft place with furs in front of the fire "Sit, sit my child." Lirahn stayed in the dooropening, the cloth fallen back to keep out the cold, as if he dared not go further into this place.
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Once inside the building, Arvana waits paitently for her eyes to adjust. When the pain retreated, the young adhiel was greeted by an old woman. Although never one to speak ill to a person, Arvana was appalled by the state the woman seemed to be in. Her hair was grey and basically non-existent, missing her teeth, and was as boney as can be. Smilling to the woman, she almost spoke about the woman'd feathers and beads, but thought better of it.

At the sight of the circle, Arvana nearly melted. I have to sit there, in front of everyone? Not one with crowds, or being the center of attention, the young elf didnt quite like the idea of having to tell the 'story' to perfect strangers.

Sitting down where indicated, Arvana glances over her shoulder at Lirahn, wishing he would come into the room closer. She could use someone she knows, here with her now.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The crone smiled encouragingly at her, her rotting teeth opened wide before Arvana, motioning with her hand and making sushing noises. "Now, now.. nothing to be afraid of. The mothers will hear you without prejuidice. You have done nothing wrong. You are welcome in our tent."

When she turned to face Lirahn with her plea implicit in her eyes he shrugged helplessly. Already he was farther in the motherhut than where he would have normally be tolerated. He crouched down without precisely sitting down, though he seemed comfortable. He too was urging her to go on with a small gesture of her hand, both warm and reassuring.

Post by Guest »

Arvana smiles slightly at the woman's attempt to make her feel better. Although, she is uncomfortable, she is willing to talk and get this over with. Now what do I do? Her mind is cluttered with bits and pieces of what happened, but not the whole story. She hopes that it will come to her as she states what happened.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Kona leaned forward in her chair, observing Arvana for a moment, then she mildly chided "Come child, do not make us hold our breath. You have a story to tell and perhaps a request to make. This is the time the council will hear you." She gestured with her hand, bedecked with bracelets "and afterwards we will make our decision."

OOC: Arvana, I'm preparting to send you and perhaps one other player on a quest. In a few posts Syrawenn will take over from me. Please let Arvana give a summary of what happened and what she wants from the council :)

Post by Guest »

((OOC: I will reply later...I am not sure what I want from the Kona. There really isnt anything I want. Maybe for Scathja to come back...lol...but I dont know.)

Post by Guest »

Arvana sighs and takes a deep breath. After chewing on her lip breifly, she starts her story. "Well...We were going hunting. Lirhan and Evan, Scatha and I, when Scatha got scooped up." She continues with the descrpition of the animal, and what they did after. Her words are jumbled at times, and at others, she confuses herself.

At the end of her story, she appoligises for her language and for any misunderstandings. "I sorry. Comman tounge still new to me. Please forgive my rushed story and messed words." She bows her head slightly.

"All I want know, is if Scatha be alright?" She states a simple question, in hope for a reassuring answer.

(Sorry for the short post. I am at school at the moment)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Kona listened patiently to the adhiels story. Her blond braided hair with the feathers and beads softly swayed around her head as she tilted her chin, or looked to one fo the older women for confirmation of some kind.

"Thank you Arvana," she said kindly, but with the kind of regality that made Arvana feel she was facing the Ceasar himself "You have done well. We've heard similar stories of Grimkell, where another abductee returned safe and sound. Let us pray that Scatha will return in time."

The Kona folded her hands in her lap "We are now faced with a difficulty beyond our control. There are indications something is wrong in Fronnigtale, and yet other signs suggest that something is coming out of the Western Kingdom that is threatening us right here in the motherland. A priestess was killed for no reason apparantly, and it bears the sign of the male god. We are not sure what issue to pursue at this time. What is the more pressing need? Or are they connected in some way? As you may know our resources are limited. There is only so much we can do here in the North, only so much we can find out without outside help. Much though it pains us we now must request some assistance in these matters from an outsider."

The regal leader of Trothgard sat up straight "Arvana Skyquil, it is our wish that you'll be our emmissary into the Motherland of the Adhiel. Will you go forth to T'aquar and confer with the avatar of the Mother what kind of threat this male god who calls himself the One is to Trothgard? This will allow us enough resources to find your friends and take care of them" The blue eyes of the Kona stared at Arvana, and it was like mist was swirling inside of them, distracting the adhiel, catching her in their grip as if something was beyond her control. The heady smoke pricked in her eyes as she felt herself nod before she even could voice a thought to the contrary. Her body became like a puppet and she followed the Kona, who rose from her fur covered wooden chair and walked deeper into the Hall, pushing away a curtain that divided it.

Behind the curtain stood two pillars with a little bow spanning them, encrusted with gems and runes, forming a dooropening of some kind. The whole object was strangely out of tune with the culture of Trothgard, as if it was imported from the Citadel and planted here in the middle of the wilderness. Where a door belonged was instead a swirling hole.

The Kona held out a crystal to Arvana. It was a of a perfect cut, and caught the light of the flames back where the old women sat, splattering it in a rainbow of colors over the walls. "This will proof that you speak for the Kona. Nobody can take a crystal of this clarity from Trothgard without our permission. It will serve as a gift for the magick users of Taquar in exchange for information and hopefully help."

"Arvana, no don't " Lirhan called out and was quickly silenced by an angry hiss of the women around the fire. Yet Aravan was drawn to the swirling portal in a way she could not resist "Go, child, with my blessing," the sympathetic voice of the Kona echoo-ed in her mind "Find out more about the intentions of the Male God and seek an alliance for Trothgard with the Adhiel of the Mother", and then there was darkness.

OOC: Sorry Arvana, in order to facilitate setting you on the road to new adventures I've bespelled you. You are now beholden to the Kona, which means that unless you get rid of the spell you cannot go against the Kona's wishes in as far as she literally spoke them.

Please react to this post with your observations and thoughts and then this scene will move not to Taquar but to Roque, for I fear something went amiss.....

Post by Guest »

When finished her story, Arvana took a deep breath of relief. She looked to the Kona and to the others, many times during her telling, in search of an expression upon their faces.

Quietly and intensely, Arvana listens to what the Kona has to say about her story. Just about to stand up, she stops when she hears that the Kona has more to say. Nodding her head, the young adhiel continues to listen, no expression on her face.

"I?" The elf mouthed, while staring into the eyes of the Kona. entranced, Arvana could feel herself nodding at the Kona's wishes, even though deep down she was saying no. She wished to stay, in hopes to see Scatha. Like a doll on a stick, her legs feel of wood as she stands, following the Trothgardian leader. Arvana's gaw dropped in awe, when they came upon what was behind the curtain.

Holding her hands out, Arvana meant to accept the crystal, even without thinking about it. It didn't seem as though she could think, or even move on her own will. Nodding again, the elvin maidan opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Before she could think to try to do anything, darkness consumed everything around her. Frightened, and unsure what was happening, Arvana stood there helpless.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

The days following the upheaval at the temple passed without remark for Ellena. In fact, she spent much of her time in solitude, unsure of what to do for the best. Since Hex's sudden departure, the foreigners' key link to this place had gone and Ellena felt more than a little out of place. These feelings were not helped by worry for those who had disappeared, Brynhild and Scatha, and time passed slowly for the girl - it was strange to think that she and Arvana were all that remained of their little group.

However, it seemed that, even in her absence, Hex's presence was to be felt as Lirahn fulfilled her command that he look after the foreigners while she was gone. He had been as good as his word and shown Ellena some more of the village when she chose to venture out. However, she had wished to spend some time alone and so had left him to accompany Arvana on her trip to the Kona.

It was only when they seemed to have been gone quite some time that Ellena decided to follow, an anxious desire at the back of her mind that she should not end up even more on her own. Finding her way to the tent of the Kona, she lacked the courage or the boldness to enter unbidden and decided to wait outside for the others.

Wondering what the Kona was like and what might be taking place inside, Ellena was startled to hear someone cry out - "Arvana, no don't!" And recognising Lirahn's voice, she was rooted to the spot, fearful of what might have happened.

Post by Guest »

(((OOC: Welcome back Ellena! I missed you! I hope you enjoy the little plot Meave has in store. I myself have no idea what it is, but am looking forward to it!)))
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

OOC: Thanks Arvana - I've missed all this too and I'm looking forward to getting back into things, whatever Maeve has lined up for us! :D
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

As Ellena called out the gaze of the Kona fell on her, and she too felt attraced to the curtains, and the swirling hole that it had hidden. Ellena moved forward as if the eyes of the Kona herself demanded it off her "Serve the Ice Queen, foreign lady," the Kona's voice said gentlly "Let there be a sisterhood that saves the nothern countries by becoming Trothgardian emissaries."

OOC: both of you can now translocate to Roque D'Ancourt https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=7964

Return to “Trothgard Archive”