The Beginning of the End - Roland (Samheen 26th, MT)

Moderator: Mods

Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

The Beginning of the End - Roland (Samheen 26th, MT)

Post by Ilaria da'Margeir. »

The cool interior of the Chrying Dragon was a welcome relief from the heat of the desert. Gharibu merely nodded at the ratgtag group. "They're in the back, waiting for you. Interesting times ahead, interesting times." Zhanna merely smiled and nodded in response to Gharibu's statement.

As Zhanna pulled aside the curtain separating the back room from the front, the group was immediately greeted with a healthy chorus of shouting and a round of hugs. "Zhanna! Great job last time. How were your travels?" "Darien, I didn't think it possible, but I do believe you've gotten bigger since I last saw you." "New recruit you have there? We're going to need all the people we can get in the next couple of days, so Ankanke says."

"Alright everybody, it's time to get down to business," a rich melodious voice floated across the room. It was the type of voice that never had to be raised in order to make a point. It was a voice that commanded respect. Suprisingly, the voice came froma very small woman seated at the head of the table at the center of the room. All of the occupants of the room immediately quieted down and took a seat. The woman and Zhanna locked eyes. "Hello Ankanke," Zhanna said, a touch of coolness entering her voice. "Hello Zhanna," Ankanke said, equally as cool. The two stared at one another for a few flickers longer, before Zhanna burst into a fit of giggles and ran to give the woman a hug. "My dear, you've grown much to thin since I last saw you. Make sure the next time you go to see your parents to tell them that I said to fatten you up a bit," Ankanke said with a grin. Zhanna smiled and nodded in agreement before sitting down and gesturing for Darien and Roland to do the same.

"My friends," Ankanke began, looking around the room, "now is the time that we have been waiting for. Ramessu has made a grave error in his dealings with the Tribes. They are now calling for either his blood or his resignation. I ahve been approached by several people and asked to deal with the matter before it gets out of control. Ramessu is a stubborn man and won't give up without a fight. I've called you here because you are my most trusted allies and friends, and I respect your opinions. The way I see this, we can deal with the problem in one of two ways. First, we can send a message to Ramessu," here Ankanke's mouth twisted into a smile that clearly indicated that the message would not be pretty, "or, we can simply kill Ramessu outright. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. I would like to hear your opinion on the matter before I make a decision. A few flickers passed before the room erupted into pandemonium. "If we send one of your little messages to Ramessu, he'll surely know who it was from and then he'll come after you!" "Kill the bugger! It's what we've been waiting for this whole time. With him gone, we can exert a little more influence around here!" "We shouldn't cause more violence around here than is necessary. Pick the option that will cause the least amount of panic and violence."

Ankanke let this go on for a few more flickers before holding up her hand to get the room to quiet down. The room did quiet down, although a few grumbles could be heard. Ankanke tset her piercing gray eyes on Roland. "Let's hear what our newcomer has to say. What say you, Roland?"
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.

Veritas vos liberabit

Image is copyright Electra and www.project812.com
Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland looked up like a rabbit coming nose-to-nose with a dragon. The One, he hadn't wanted to be asked anything. For a brief absurd flicker he felt like he was back at school. But now his opinion was asked, and asked in sincerity. So he would do his best.

For a couple of flickers Roland looked into his lap, thinking, formulating, before he cast an eye around the expectant room and spoke from his seat. His voice was low and steady, but loud enough for no-one to miss an earnest word.

"I can see that all hear have their own reasons for wanting to deal with Ramessu. Your reasons are your own, and though they may be as valid as my own, they are not my concern. What my concern is, the reason I am even in this room with you all now... " Roland's eyes skimmed over those watching him, settling finally on Ankanke's sober face. He looked at her as he spoke. Time to make an impression.

"A few days ago I was invited to the Bathhouse by Ramessu personally. I met with the man and he made me an offer. In return for his patronage, his money, and his protection, all I had to do was kill a slave girl in front of him. The poor girl was even in the same room as he said it..."

Roland's eyes turned hard in their sockets and they dared anyone around him to scowl or jeer at the man who'd been sleeping with the enemy...

"I refused him. I told him I would not and could not work for a man such as he, and I walked out on him. I want to kill Ramessu because he as a man who respects nothing, not life, not the gods, nor any code brought forth on this earth. Only power is what he craves."

Roland started wrapping it up now, knowing that he had meandered and his volatile audience would soon need some closure. He cleared his throat and continued.

"But what do I think right now? I think a man like Ramessu does not slip up like this every day, and we would be fools not to take advantage of this. From what I have seen of his power and... abilities the situation had gone beyond warnings, no matter how..." he cast a wry eye Ankanke's way "pointed they may be. The man controls the merchants, and the city guards through Harkhebi. If he is allowed to consolidate his power any further... well, whatever trouble you complain of now, I think they will be worse if he lives any longer."

Roland lowered his eyes and was silent, letting his words sink in. He spoke on last time, just above a whisper but unmistakably final. "That's what I think."
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

OOC: Sorry. Was waiting on something from G.

IC: An unreadable emotion flickered across Ankanke's eyes before a hardness set in. "Very well then, that's that. Since it seems that I am outnumbered here, we will proceed with the...removal of Ramessu, unless anyone has any strong objections." She peered into the depths of everyone's souls to make sure that there were no traces of doubt. Finding none, she gave a small sigh and a nod. "Alright then my friends. Zhanna, could I have a brief word? Everyone else, talk amongst yourselves." Ankanke motioned Zhanna over to a dark corner of the room while a dull murmer arose from the others as they started to talk.

The two stood in the corner for at least twenty burns, locked in what seemed like a heated debate. No one could hear what was being said, but every few flickers Zhanna would glance over to where Roland and Damien sat. A fair amount of time passed before Zhanna's shoulders slumped and she walked despondently over to the pair. From the corner, a small smile flicked across Ankanke's face. Damien made to get up, but Zhanna held up her hand. "Roland, could I please speak with you outside?" A questioning look flashed in Damien's eyes, but Zhanna chose to ignore it. A multitude of stares follwed Roland and Zhanna as they exited the room. Before Roland could get in any kind of word, Zhanna stared up at the ceiling, not looking Roland in the eyes. "A great honor has been given to you, Roland. Ankanke has decided that you shall be the one to deal the blow to Ramessu, should you so choose. She will understand if you choose not to, but ultimately it's you that she wants to do the job."
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

OOC: Meh, no problem Il. Did you read my last post in "Exploring the City" regarding selling my old armour and shield?

IC: Roland resisted the urge to let a slow smile spread across his face, keeping it instead as stoic as usual. Finally, a chance to get even, a chance to end the life of that monster Ramessu. Of course he would not shirk at what was asked of him; killing an enemy had always been only a breath away from a pleasure to Roland, especially when his enemy was as foul a person as the Councillor.

And yet...

There was something in the air that Roland could not place, but did not like. The conversation between Ankanke and Zhanna had triggered something in his mind, a warning bell fuelled by their occasional glances and Ankanke's mysterious fleeting smile. And now Zhanna could not look him in the ye, even to tell him this (he assumed) good news?

"Of course I will do it Zhanna, it would be an honour." He chose not to add "and a pleasure": he did not want to give her the wrong idea about himself. Roland was a warrior, true, but he was not a monster. He would fall on his own blade before that day.

But now Roland's voice had an edge to it, and he needed to use it. "Zhanna, i appreciate all you, Damien and the others are doing for me, but even a fool could see there is more at work here."

Roland looked Zhanna in the eyes, meeting her level look with his own. "It is important that comrades in arms know all they need to know about what they are about to embark on, you more than others know that. So, Zhanna, is there anything else you should tell me before I run that bastard through?"
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

OOC: We'll get there, don't worry :)

IC: Zhanna sighed. Roland, the chances that you will die are pretty high for this job. Ramessu always has a pack of highly trained bodyguards with him at all times, unles....oh, I've got it!" Impulsively, Zhanna threw her arms around Roland. "Now Roland, how good are you at being sneaky? If you aren't too good at it, don't worry, I'll think of something else. " A sly smile stole across Zhanna's face. "Oh, this is going to be quite interesting. Any other questions before we go back in?"

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland didn't know what to be more sobered by: the quick, warm hug Zhanna had just given him (not warm by intention he guess but that's how he'd felt it), or the knowledge that in a mere day he might be dead.

He collected his thoughts as he gazed almost vacantly into Zhanna's impish smile. The chance that he might die had not yet occurred to him, but he was... warming, to the idea. He understood it, he knew now that the odds arrayed against him and Zhanna's band were almost suicidal... and yet he was unafraid.

"Zhanna, my whole life I have been around death. I have seen it, smelt it and tasted it, and if I am frank, it has somewhat has lost its bite for me." He moved a pace closer to her, a curious smile playing across his darkened face. "All that matters is that my death be for a reason. Removing that scum from the world is reason enough for me."

Now his smile widened in uncontrolled curiosity at what Zhanna's devious brain had cooked up now, what new subtlety it had concocted for their grand assault. "Now what is it that you have your sleeve, mistress?"
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Ilaria watched the emotions flicker across Roland's face and gave a grim nod. "That's exactly the kind of attitude that we need for this job. I know you'll survive. You're a smart man Roland, and once you get through this, your rewards will be great."

At Roland's question, a faint pink blush stole across Zhanna's cheeks. Fumbling for a reply, it was a few moments before Zhanna answered. "Well Roland, ah, the only time Ramessu gets rid of his bodyguards is when he's....preoccupied with...ah...visitors. Now, Ramessu has taken a certain interest in me, I suppose, and I've politely declined his offers. However, I'm willing to "reconsider" his offer if it means that I can provide an opportunity for the city to finally be rid of this scum." Zhanna let a chuckle escape her lips. "Oh if only my mother could see me now. I don't know if she'd laugh or cry."

Zhanna steered Roland back into the room. She gave a curt nod to Ankanke, who gave a satisfied smile. "Very well then everyone, we shall follow through with the plan. Roland, Zhanna, and Damien, I want you to go back to Zhanna's shop and brush up on any skills you might need. I will send a message to you when it's time to begin. Any more questions?"

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland stood quietly next to Damien and Zhanna as Ankanke's waited for more questions. He had none, and by the silence that followed neither did anyone else. He knew all he needed to now, and his mind was elsewhere.

He had to admire Zhanna: she would do whatever was necessary to get the job done, even if it meant debasing herself with... that. He was nervous though, worried now for her if not for himself. What if Ramessu suspected? What if Zhanna walked straight to her death, and the rest of this rebellious band with her? What if...?

He bowed his head, closed his eyes... and exhaled. An exercise taught to him by and uncle, it was surprisingly useful for dispelling negative thoughts. It was about not thinking, not worrying, just breathing...

Then he stopped, and looked up, waiting once again. Soon they would go to Zhanna's, and wait, and train, then fight and maybe die.

And Roland was fine with that.
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Zhanna watched Roland's face carefully, looking for any signs of regret. Satisfied, she motioned her little band of warriors out the door. "Let's go to the market to rid you of your extra supplies, shall we? The wait will be at least a day, so we might as well make some use of our time." Making a quick stop at the Crying Dragon to get Roland's stuff and to give Gharibu a quick update, the crew set out for the market. The day was pleasantly cool, which left Zhanna and Damien in a joyful mood, which was strange, considering the fact that the group was going to attempt to kill one of the most powerful men in the city. Zhanna pointed out places where one could get the best deals on weapons, armor, and other various odds and ends. She was about to take him into her favorite place to shop, the bakery, so that he could try one of the absolute best desserts in all of Tazlure, but a commotion in the throng throughout the market stopped her.

The crowd slowly parted, and Harkhebi slowly came into view. He gave a slow, feral smile when he saw Roland. "Well, well, what do we have here? You do realize that your presence in Sabata is...unwanted. Should you be here tomorrow at the same time, there will be certain consequences." He drew his finger across his throat in a slow fashion, his meaning crystal clear. Upon spying Zhanna, Harkhebi's manner instantly changed. He gave a deferential bow. "Mistress Zhanna, what are you doing with the likes of him? You do realize that his presence here is...frowned upon? Also, my employer's offer still stands. He would greatly appreciate it if you would reconsider his most generous offer." He stared hopefully at Zhanna, almost begging her to reconsider. "Well, Roland, what do you think I should do? Do you think that I should meet with Ramessu and discuss the terms of his 'most generous offer'?" A faint trace of humor threaded itself into Zhanna's voice.

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland knew as well as anyone when his cue had come up, his part to pl;ay in Zhanna's ingenious little deception. Trouble was, he just didn't know exactly when it would be, and what he would say!

He levelled his eyes cooly at Zhanna and grimaced a little in concentration, as if genuinely trying to fathom a crucial question, even if he knew the only answer he could give.

Finally he slumped his shoulders a little, as if bowing to a force beyond his own. Soon enough he spoke, clearly enough for a waiting Harkhebi to hear him:

"Zhanna, we'll need Ramessu's assistance if we are too survive. He is a powerful man... despite the help he keeps" he slid his eyes venomously towards Harkhebi, a vicious little grin briefly illuminating his face before disappearing and looking back to Zhanna, "and I think... you should talk to him... now matter what he wants."

He hoped his tone of defeatism would ease Harkhebi's mind enough for what he next had to say. He straightened up and looked the still-smirking Boss in the face:

"But I go with her. According to you I still have a day left before any 'consequences' need befall me. What say you, Boss?"
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Harkhebi's brow furrowed in concentration, debating between his options. He finally threw his hands up and said, "I don't care. But if you aren't out of here by the prescribed time, you'll be beaten to a bloody pulp. And that's a promise." Zhanna chose to barge into the conversation at this point. "Now, there's no need for that kind of talk here. Tell Ramessu that we will both be there. Both of us. And there will be no beating of anyone. Now leave before I change my mind." Zhanna folded her arms and tapped her foot impatiently. Harkhebi glared at Roland for a few flickers before giving Zhanna a smart salute and leaving without another word.

Zhanna waited until Harkhebi's form disappeared before breaking out into a wide grin. "Roland that was perfect! Now all we have to do is go back and wait until it's time to go to our "meeting". We've got a couple of options here. We can continue to stroll around the market, we can go back and learn more about poison, or Damien can teach you how to use that axe you have there. The choice is yours."

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland watched Harkhebi strut off with cold, empty eyes. He knew from experience that this change came upon him only was when he was ready to murder, not kill; when all emotion and pity left him and he became a machine, a pure killer.

And in Harkhebi's case, he might actually enjoy it.

Snapped out of his murderous thoughts by Zhanna he swung his head down to face her and thought about what she'd said. Roland had to admit, he was unused to so many options: not like in the Regiment, where the only choices were to follow orders or die!

"I think I would prefer to learn more about this hefty thing-" he tapped the axe still slung low on his left, ready for use. "- as it is new to me and i would definitely want to know how to use it well."

He leant closer to Zhanna, so only she could her his hushed tones: "When the time comes, I will need to be swift and sure in my actions. There will be no room for anything but mortal wounds, and if Damien can teach them to me, then i would be honored to learn from a master."

Roland straightened back up and flashed Zhanna an easy smile, "And after we're through, I'd be glad to learn more of your speciality, Zhanna". He held out an arm leading back where they came, though he had no idea where Damien actually was.

"Lead on."
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

"Alright then, let's see if we can go and find Damien." Not even a flicker later the pair found him at one of the stalls, flirting with the trader. Amazement, and then amusement flitted over Zhanna's face before she burst into a fit of laughter. Startled, Damien scanned the crowd until he found Zhanna and Roland, his face turning a bright scarlet color. Mumbling a few words to his new friend, Damien lumbered over to the group, his face still tinged scarlet. "Oh hush, you. I was only...trying to get the best prices out of her. It's not like you haven't done anything like that before," he said defensively. Zhanna held up her hands in front of her. "I'm not judging you, my friend. I'm not going to say a word," although her eyes told everyone that she clearly had something to say, but would hold it in to preserve her friend's dignity.

The trio returned to Zhanna's establishment a few moments later, and Zhanna disappeared into the back while Damien took him into a little courtyard out back, where there were dummies set up all around the perimeter. "Now, let's have a look at what you've got here." Taking the axe from Roland, Damien held it in silence, weighing it and giving it a few test swings. "Well, this is a pretty good axe. It'll get the job done. Now, this isn't exactly my area of expertise, but I think that I can show you enough that you'll be able to get by until we can get you a proper master. Ok, first of all, you want to be sure that you've got a good stance. Make sure that you keep your feet about shoulder width apart, otherwise you're going to fall over as you take a good swing at someone. Secondly, make sure that you have a firm grip on the weapon. We don't need it to be sliding out of your hands while you're swinging. Keep one hand close to the head of the axe, with your other hand about, oh, two or three hands below that. This is good for just your basic chopping into someone. As we progress, you'll learn that various other hand placements will be more useful, depending upon what you want to do. Third, well, you just swing. Make sure you don't make your swing too wide, otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage. Your enemy will be able to move in while you're on the down swing, and you won't be to do a thing. Watch how I do it, and then I'll let you have a go." Damien executed a few quick strokes onto the dummy in front of him. They were simple and clean, and yet hit all of the vital spots. "Now, that was nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. Chances are, you aren't doing this for show. You want to take your enemy by suprise, and get the job done quickly. After you get this down, I'll show you some more complex moves and how to protect yourself. Now, you try." The pair worked through most of the day, working up a sweat. Roland's first few tries were clumsy at best, but he steadily progressed throughout the day. Zhanna came to watch, commenting here and there on Roland's, and Damien's form, and even came out to give the axe a few swings. Damien stopped not long after that. "Well Roland, I'm going to leave you out here for a few moments to practice while I talk to Zhanna. Feel free to try out any kinds of moves that you'd like. It'll be your chance to make up some stuff on your own, without anyone watching, so you don't feel pressure. I should be back within a burn or so." With that, Roland was left out alone in the courtyard to do as he pleased.

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland stood alone in the quiet courtyard after Damien left, axe heavy in his hands.

That's good: means the trainings paying off.

Still, now he was on his own, and could do as he pleased. He needed to show himself he could use this weapon, not just Damien. And so he began, and began simply.

He checked his stance, making sure his feet were shoulder-width apart, and gripped the axe. He flexed his fingers out and clenched them round the handle to get as good a grip as possible, one hand next to the head, the other three hands down, just as Damien had told him.

He looked to one of the dummies in front of him and raised the axe, took a breath, and swung.

Roland was a big man, and strong to boot, so swinging the axe wasn't a problem. Being accurate, however, was. He took a short swing at the dummies chest and instead the axe head bit into its arm, burying itself in its right arm.

Roland curses as he pulls it back, having to strain because its lodged inside the arm.

Now you're dead, because while you're struggling he's stabbed you in the side, or you've taken too long to withdraw it and one of his friends has! C'mon, pull it together, soldier!

Roland holds the axe ready again, double-checking his stance, takes a breath, and swings it again.

The blade cuts straight into the dummy's chest, and as Roland steps to his right he pulls it out. He draws it back and takes another controlled swing at the head, the coup de grace.

The blade goes straight through the dummy's neck, and Roland's got himself a kill.

He smiles and moves on to the next dummy, then the next, and the next, repeating the same two moves: one swing to debilitate the target, another to finish him. Once he's happy with that he tries another move.

In front of his fifth target now, Roland stands with the axe by his side, holding it with one hand. In a whirl of movement he brings it up with one hand by the head, grapsing the handle a foot lower when it's level with his head. Both hands now gripping the axe he jerks it vertically down onto the target.

The axe head slams into the targets sternum, and would have buried itself all the way in, but Roland's learned his lesson and withdraws it quickly once the damage has been done. Taking no chances as always, he twists the weapon sideways and delivers another short swing to the side of the neck, almost taking the dummy's head off.

Getting better, definitely getting better...

For the hour Roland hacks and slashes his way around the courtyard, eviserating the dummy's until his arms are weakened beyong use. The One, this was tiring!

After a burn, he lowered the axe and looked around the courtyard, at the ruined dummies, and is satisfied. He messed up a few more times, silly amateur errors really, but now he's confident that he can handle whatever Damien has to throw at him. He looks into the sky at the position of the sun and smiles.

Any time now...
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Damien had been watching from the window of Zhanna's shop. "He'll do just fine," he murmered to no one in particular. Venturing into the courtyard, a gruff admiration shone in his eyes. Roland had taken quickly to the new weapon. "Well, all we need to do is correct your stance some and make sure that you remember to watch your back at all times, and I think you'll do just fine until we can get a master to teach you some. If you keep at it, you'll go far. I think tomorrow maybe we could teach you how to keep a dagger in your other hand at all times. But for now, we'll keep it to the axe." Damien worked Roland a bit longer, making sure that he didn't tire Roland out too much. Clapping Roland on the back, Damien said, "Ok, I think it's time for us to call it quits. We don't want you dying before you get to pull off your big event." Damien all but pushed Roland inside, where the two could see a grave looking Zhanna talking to a weasly looking man. She slowly turned to the pair, unreadable emotions broiling just below the surface of her eyes. "Damien, I need you to go back to the Crying Dragon to take care of a matter for me. Roland, I need you to go watch out for him." There was no room for arguement in her voice. Damien grabbed his cloak and Roland's arm and headed out the door, giving Zhanna a quick caress on the cheek. "Don't worry. If this is what I think it is, there should be no worries. I will take care of this for you." With that, he headed out into the night, not waiting for a response.

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland had to struggle to keep up withe Damien, briskly walking through the winding Sabata streets. The scarred giant wasn't talking, and as of yet Roland hadn't asked any questions. But that was mainly because what Zhanna had just said was still echoing in his head.

Roland, I need you to go watch out for him.

That had set Roland a little on edge, but as usual he hid it well. What situation could be so dangerous that Damien could not handle it? The man was a soldier, and a strong, tough one too boot. Who in the Nether were they going after?

And most worrying of all, why was it at the Crying Dragon?

The almost-jogging pair cleared another winding street and the Crying dragon came into view. Suddenly a doubt popped into Roland's head, a possibility he didn't want to confront, but had a feeling he would have to.

No... it couldn't be...

Just as Damien gripped the Dragon's door handle Roland slid in front of him and grabbed his shoulder, locking eyes with the gigantic man and stopping him dead. Damien's gruesome face glared in surprise at Roland but the young soldier didn't flinch. If he could march into certain death for a lie, he could find out what the Nether he was about to do with and for this trooper.

"What are we doing Damien?" His voice is urgent but not nervous, a man who simply wants to know what's going on, "Who's in there, what are we going to do to them and what if my part in it?" Roland let's go of the man;s shoulder and strighten up in front of him, eyes as hard as Damien's face.

"You tell me right now, or you go in there alone."
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Damien's hands clenched for a moment, and then moved up to his temples where they slowly rubbed his head. He gave a great sigh, unsure of how to continue. "By the gods this gives me such a headache. All I asked for was a simple life. A simple life of servitute in my Lord's army. And this is what I get," he grumbled, partially to himself. He closed his eyes and leaned against the doorway. "The short answer is that I have to go in there and buy Zhanna from her father. When I told you that her mother let us go, I wasn't lying. However, it was more like she helped us to escape. Zhanna was due to marry some fat old noble in a couple of days, a match that her father set up which would have brought him a lot of money. Zhanna's mother sympathized with her daughter, and shared her dream of one day setting of to explore Tazlure. So she set us off with a bag of money and some supplies, never to return. Her father has been stalking us over the past couple of yahren, determined to get his daughter back. Zhanna is quite young by her people's standards, and still can be used to bring about a profitable alliance for her father. The only way he'll leave us alone is if I buy her, in a sense. It's all quite ridiculous, but Roland, I'm getting older. I'm tired of living on the run and one day my body is simply going to give out. I'd like to live out the rest of my days in relative peace. Zhanna asked you to watch out for me because her father can play the most wonderful tricks. It's where she gets her smarts from. I'll just need you to sit at the bar and watch the room for me, and make sure nothing seems too out of order. "

Veritas vos liberabit

Roland Mekaraz

Post by Roland Mekaraz »

Roland took this in calmly and silently, but had already decided what to do after Damien said he needed to buy Zhanna, and from her own father. Roland had never believed in such practices: a commitment such as marriage was supposed to be about love, not economics.

He nodded and opened the door for Damien, letting the raucous din from the Dragon assail their ears. He nodded inside, his eyes firm and resolute. He knew what he had to do now.

"Go and do what you need to, Damien. I'll watch you every second of the way."
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Damien saw the look in Roland's eye. "Oh no, I'm not going to marry her. I'm buying her so that she can be free from her father and marry whoever she chooses. I would never do that to her. She's one of my greatest friends. She needs to be free once and for all." Damien shook his head. "I've never been very good at getting my point across with words. I'm more of a fighting type of guy myself, in case you can't tell from my appearance." With that, Damien pushed open the door to the Crying Dragon and went inside.

OOC: Well, I'll probably mod you a little while longer, and then you'll have Gaius for your mod. It's been fun! Anyway, you can start posting here

Veritas vos liberabit

Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Sands Archive”