Sabata: Silberstein & Sons (Samheen 30th TT)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

As the first slave was led forward, Jezira got nervous, she thought to herself
'Oh no ... now it starts !`
and as she heard the first bids her thoughts wander 'so many people !`.

She followed the auctions of the kislovan slave and four others fearfully, then it was the turn of the mousey-haired woman and as she was led away, not a single bid on her side, Jezira knew that it would be a tough time for the woman from that day on, a compassionate gaze followed her as she was led away, but then her gaze immediately wandered to a huge man, who she couldn't overlook and who was sold for a reasonable price. Faster and faster Jeziras heart has beaten and she thought that she would surely faint, but then as the arms took her forward she wasn't - instead she felt all the gazes on her then.

Deeply impressed she witnessed as many people looked like they would raise a bid, but then changed their mind suddenly and she realized how much more powerful that First Councillor Ramessu was, than she already assumed until then.

As Jezira already thought the auction would be over as no one seemed to oppose the First Councillor, things changed again, Jeziras gaze on the straw haired huge man, who challenged the claim of the First Councillor. Amazed she realized that the house would make a good profit with her as the bids were raised so high in almost no time.

"Twenty." she heard and still couldn't believe it, but then noticed the smile of the huge man and thought to herself ' It was all a bluff, how smart ! They must be rivals, perhaps it'll be useful one day` and so she memorized the rival of Ramessu well.

Jezira followed the lead with the graceful moves of a trained dancer down the stairs nevertheless being deeply worried if she would manage to survive such a dangerous net of intrigues.
Morg

Post by Morg »

(OOC: This seems like a good point to wind this thread up for the super sync, for Jezira at least. I've summarised your new situation below, so please continue by posting your recess write-up to this thread, which also contains a summary of other events in Terra Incognita over the three-month period of the recess. Jadmai, you may continue here if you wish, otherwise the recess beckons. :) If you have any questions, you know who to ask!)

Jezira did not have long to wait before someone appeared to collect her, although it was not Councilor Ramessu himself. Instead, a tall, straggly man ambled up to the holding area, in the company of the slaver Teriat. "Ah, here you are, pretty one," he said in a sharp, clear voice. "You've cost my employer a fair few banners, you have. Although that was mainly Bock's fault, admittedly. The First Councilor isn't going to be happy with him, oh no." Teriat unlocked her shackles in one swift motion, and the tall man nodded in approval. "This way, darling."

The man led Jezira away to a small, open-sided cart hauled by a single camel and gestured for her to climb in. Soon they were off, passing right through the city of Sabata and out the other side, peeling off to the south as soon as they left the city and following the clifftops.

Ramessu did not live within Sabata itself. His mansion was built into the cliffs half a mark's ride away to the south, in a cove high enough to be protected from storms but low enough for the cliffs to shield it from the desert winds. It extended as far back into the cliff face as it did out into the cove, with several rooms carved from the rock itself, including the First Councilor's grandest dining chamber.

Jezira was soon reintroduced to the woman she had met earlier at Silberstein's. Her name was Neus, and she was an Amunic expatriate. Her exact role in the household was a mystery, though. Jezira was to be her companion for this period. Other than the whores who were occasionally brought back for Ramessu's pleasure, and a few kitchen staff, Neus was the only female in the house, and her use for Jezira was mainly in simply having someone to talk to while she whiled away her time. The dark-skinned woman would often take her with her on trips to the city, to go shopping in the Great Market or to hear a recital at the Barbed Poet, or simply to relax in the bath house. Jezira was granted a room adjoining Neus's. It was far larger than the space she had been given for her own at Barsanke's. She was also given the run of the mansion, as long as she did not try to leave unaccompanied.

The other slaves treated her with respect, too, looking up to her as a master rather than a slave. The straggly man who had collected her was called Auson, and he was the head slave of the mansion, despite referring to Ramessu as his "employer". Even the hired swords who guarded the place deferred to him, but Auson was reluctant to command Jezira, probably because he viewed her as more Neus's property than Ramessu's.

Ramessu himself hardly gave Jezira a second look after the auction. The busy First Councilor spent little time at his mansion during the day, and little time with Neus, and when he did he was unexciting company, although he and Neus appeared to get on well together. Although he had spent a vast quantity of money on the blonde Amunic slave, he did not seem to want to take her to his bed, or not immediately, at least.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Sands Archive”