Ursa: Fly Away Home - Chyril 27, Early MT

Moderator: Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Recent events had left Guido lost for words. He was an academic by nature, not a man of action and whilst he had assisted in the battle with the cryers, he had taken a step backwards in the subsequent action, leaving others to lead. The historian had been content to record the events that had transpired rather than participate in them.

Merde. The look that Carlotta gave him shook him out of his reverie. His eyelids, ever ready to blink, went into overtime. Pilot the ship. Merde.

“Well, I have some knowledge of airships,” he admitted timidly. “Although, it is theoretical rather than practical. Tonklin pistons are my speciality. Fascinating things they are.”

“I’m willing to try to pilot it, if no-one else has any better idea.” Help.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Post by Quinlan Corodin »

Quinlan couldn't help but smirk.

"Mister Cercatoro, I believe we ran out of better ideas some time ago. Just do the best you can, as will we all. If nothing else, it will be a memorable flight." The officer put one fist on his hip, looking the rank over once more.

"Before we take another step... The past few days have been difficult. This assignment has not turned out at all like any of us expected." Quinlan's eyes moved toward the ground, and his volume wavered. "I wouldn't wish anything like what we've dealt with on any good man. But if we had to do this, I am glad men like you were with me."

Not wanting to dwell in the moment, Quinlan turned and began marching toward the landing site. "Now, we are leaving this place one way or another."
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

They found the skiff pretty much as they had left it. Unmarred by the Cryers, untouched by the Kanthrop. Aside from a little curiosity the Kanthrop had stayed away from the vessel, respecting the property of the men from the Mouth.

Since it was a rather small ship, it did not take a lot of time to do pre-flight routines. Even for the untrained in sailing such a vessel, it didn't take an expert to figure out how to hoist the sails or to release the clamps from the steering wings. After hoisting the anchors it was just a matter of activating the lift orbs and pushing the pistons into action to get the bird moving.

This took a bit more time, as Guido had only seen it done, and read about it in theory. But with what he had seen and read about, aswell as the random pushing of some dangerous looking buttons, he did eventually manage to kick the skiff into gear, shooting it up into the air at such a speed that the entire crew dropped to the deck, before he remembered to crank down the elevation lever on the control panel.

After everyone had thoroughly braced themselves they decided to try Carlotta's theory and push the Tal'Fea to it's top, which turned out to be somewhat higher than the mountains, but not by much. With a little manouvering and some added propulsion from the aft they managed to kick it over a lower section of the mountain with just scrapes from the hull on the rock. Past that it was a short flight to Aveas, where Guido even managed to set the thing down in the harbor without killing everyone on board. It sank rather swiftly afterwards however and since not everyone could swim they were lucky there were people at work in the harbor upon their arrival, tossing them ropes and barrels to hold on to.

The mission had come to an end. After a quick debriefing at the barracks, where they had to account for the loss of an entire flying vessel's crew, aswell as a crashed flying ship, they were told that their report was urgently awaited in World's Mouth.

OOC: And that is where you guys pick up after recess. Thanks for a fun time guys. Hope you enjoyed it ;) Feel free to post closing arguments or just take it to recess...
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

Skilled!

Stars awarded;

Guido;
Knowledge [Airship Piloting] - new skill

Quinlan;
Persuade +1
Last edited by Brytan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”