Ye Ol' Tavern

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"Very similar reason, though put cattle in for sheep. I didn't mind, I did love the animals, but it got boring day after day. And to top it off my folks wanted me to marry a neighbor's son. I liked the guy, but not enough to marry him. I left, though I admit I should have done that better. I left them a note, packed and left in the middle of the night."

She chuckles. "I should try to find a way to let them know I am all rightthough, you think?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young bard smiled as Lyssa noted a not dissimilar tale to his own, there must be something about getting away from small villages that was contagious.

"Yes, I dare say that your should let them know you're alright. I know my da will be worried about me, but I think he was always more concerned for my sister than ever would be for me."

And he looked down into her eyes, "Even though you seem more than capable of looking after yourself."

A puzzled look crossed his young face, "I hadn't even asked, whats Dort like? I've never been there. I hear there's lots of trading and the like."
Last edited by rhoddin on Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"Well, I only got to see a little bit of it before I got....yanked into the elves' house. They are busy, the gates of the city are amazing. I hop I get to explore more."

She smiled and looked up at him. He was familiar in a lot of ways, but still different enough she found him interesting. She liked this man, and hoped, if it were indeed only a dream, that their paths would cross sometime in the waking world as well.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Their dance seemed to be continuing for an awfully long time, but the young man was so engrossed inhis companion he had failed to notice the rather lenghty period of time elapsing. Her answer intrigued him, she had only seem a little of Dort, and mainly the gates.

Then a comment in her answer jolted him, "You're in an elves house! What's it like, I mean elves, I've only met a handful, and then only in passing really," and the thought of Theela left at Kings Court, and the half elven blood of the prince crossed his mind.

"Are they really as exotic as they sound, or are they just like us, but with pointy ears?" A slight flush of excitement lightly coloured his young face.

Post by Guest »

"One of them is the clumsy magic user that I mentioned before....He's really nice, definitely a lot more relaxed then the other. He's so stiff, at least he has been so far. I imagine I'll know more when I get to spend more time there. We've been on the go a lot."

She pauses. "I guess appearance wise, they're not too different."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Oh, well that answers that, I guess." A bit stiff, well if my mind was a little more crass there's a good joke in that.

But rather than offer a rather inappropriate comment, the young bard simply smiled. "It seems we have both had but little expereience with the eleven kind so far.

"Ah, I love this music, it seems a long time since I heard music this well played," which was odd really, because usually bar room music was off key, and played by musicians who couldn't get work in a better standard of establishment.

Post by Guest »

"It is lovely. I thik last time I heard something played so well was when I was a child, travelling show or something." She smiled up at him.

"I think I like being away from the village though, so many things I can do now I couldn't before..."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young mans responce was a raised eyebrow at Lyssa's admission, and a devilish twinkle in his green eyes, "Such as?" One question with so many answers.

Post by Guest »

Lyssa giggles lightly. "Well, I can choose what I want to do for a living. Who I want to be with."

She blushes. "See the men I want to."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The look Rhoddin gave Lyssa could really only be described as wicked.

"Really," was all he said, as he held her just a little closer, long fingers splayed across her lower back.

And leaning down, the young bard whispered gently in her ear, "And what else might you choose to do?"

Post by Guest »

The blush on her cheeks grew redder, but she smiled anyway. "Well, hopefully I will get to use my imagination. As well as doing some exploring of my own."

She giggled both nervously and flirtingly, very conscious of the heat on her face and neck. Biting her lip, she trailed a finger down Rhoddin's arm.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Her reply elicited a deep chuckle, "Exploring, and imagination, now there is a combination to make many tremble."

And her finger trailing down his arm, did indeed bring a slight tremble to the young bard.

"Had you given any thought as too what you might wish to explore," and those green eyes looked down at her, a candid cast to his young face.

Post by Guest »

With a smile Lyssa looked up at Rhoddin again.

"I had a few ideas, especially since being here tonight." She pressed herself into him, leaving her hand resting on his shoulder.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Lyssa's smile and response brought a grin to Rhoddin's face as well, as he enjoyed the feel of her pressing closer to him.

"Indeed," and there was a slight throaty catch to his voice that was not there but a moment earlier.

"Perhaps we may explore together? It seems your spirit of adventure has caught me up as well. The idea of exploring with you is, um, most interesting." And those green eyes twinkled again, a brief touch of mischeif evident in their depths.

Leaning forward, his mouth was now close to her ear, the soft warmth of his breath gently caressed her ear. "Perhaps you would allow me to lead you to somewhere that we may explore together?"

It seemed that with all that had passed in recent days, the young man, who had been a farm boy but weeks earlier, was much more confident than he might have had good reason to expect.

Post by Guest »

Lyssa smiled, shivering as she felt his breath on her skin.

"I think I would like that a lot." She blushed once more. "Lead on, I am sure we can find somewhere suitable..to explore...."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

With a final twirl on the dance floor, the young man lead his companion past the bar, and flashing a smile at the bar man tossed a coin to cover the drinks they had ordered, and a bit more.

Linking his arm through Lyssa's he guided her towards the the stairs at the rear of the tavern, had they been there earlier, he couldn't really remember, but they were now.

At the base of the stairs he turned to the young woman on his arm, and with a gentle flourish enquired of her, "Shall we, um explore this way?"

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”