Ye Ol' Q&A thread

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Ye Ol' Q&A thread

Post by Maeve »

For all your questions and comments :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

I love this place! *lifts her champagne at a precarious angle and toasts Tazlure and Erulzat!*
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

*Clinks her glass against Gia's.*

Way to go, guys, this is gonna rock. :D

(Oooh, and thankies to all the GMs, too, we wuvs you.)
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

*opens another bottle of bubblies*
Happy birthday to us !!
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Tavren

Post by Tavren »

This is indescribably cool. :D Allow me to demonstrate.

*Tavren attempts to describe the particular coolness of the Erulzat forum, fails, shrugs, and pours another drink*

woohoo!
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Wooohooo!!!! This place is like so totally cool!!! Like totally!!! And happy B-day Tazzie, old chap! Want me to do a cheer for you with my girls? That would so absolutely fantastic!

Ready girls?! Ok!

Give me... erm... Spell... T!

wooohooo!

erm... Spell A!

Wooohooo!

Erm... Spell... erm... Like whatever!
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia is currently seeking Anasis in the Spa. Just thought her quest should be posted somewhere. ^^' I love you guys!
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Just to make sure I'm on the same page with the GMs and stuff, I know the rules say we can post our own threads, does this extend to creating a new "Ye Ol'"?

Sorry for the repeat if that's what it is, I just wanted to make sure before I did so.

Aaand, just to make sure it's cool and all, is an actual nightmare dream alright?
Last edited by Zhavon Mikhalrian on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

You can create new threads but not new settings. Just like in real Taz, really :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Okay, major heads up:

Yes, this is a dream BUT:
  • You cannot create NPC's
  • You cannot bring in material that is not part of the setting
  • You cannot moderate yourself

The whole cheerleaders business in Ye Ol' Tavern is out of line because there are no cheerleaders, miniskirts or Johnny Depp in Tazlure. No Cadillacs or Jedi Knights either in case anybody was having funny ideas.

Now I know that was funny to read but it belongs in Banter or the Roost. Not in Erulzat.

I will bring this episode to a quick resolution and will ask anybody to please respect the rules :)
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Dang! I knew I should have left that Jedi Knight thing as a suprise :shock:

*goes about dismantling his X-wing fighter he was gonna bring along*
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

When you say "you cannot moderate yourself", do you mean players can't start threads and describe the background scenery themselves? It would be a pity for everyone to have to play in the generic locations you've set up, though I suppose most won't ever find a problem with this.

I was planning to do a dreamlike rendition of World's Mouth, but it seems that's unacceptable... Well, is it?
Caden DaSani

Post by Caden DaSani »

You are correct in not many people complain about the generic environments here. I think in part that is due to it being a voluntary forum, those that dislike the settings just don't join in. Personally, I just kept reading until something caught my eye. No where near as fragmented and off the wall as any dream i've ever had, but still different enough to make it worth joining in.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Players can create their own threads. I have no problem with them walking over a generic field, or in a place that exists in the waking part of Tazlure. In fact we are allowing quite a lot of freedom in some of the threads depending on the theme (which are deliberately chosen classics).

I just want to make sure that we stick to the setting because this will somehow, sometime, somewhere be connected to real Taz, even if in a very vague way.

Kestrel, if you want to do a version of WM, I would prefer you PM Grant first :)
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

I missed your post in Da Rules, Maeve... Sorry about that. Anyway, half the point of starting my own thread was that I didn't want to put a bigger load on Grant, or any GM, for that matter. Think I'll write something that resembles a dreamlike rendition of World's Mouth, but really isn't. Since I'm not allowed to design cities, I'll just attach my dream to a generic field outside World's Mouth... Which will, in the dream, look like a city. I hope that's acceptable. I'll assume that I can include something very strange in the setting, like houses growing and water freezing to stained glass.

You know, the fact that you want a GM for dreams about GMed locations, and suggest that all dreams should be attached to a part of Tazlure, makes me wonder about the relationship between the two worlds.

I'll add a few more small questions...
1.It doesn't make a difference to me right now, but do supporters enjoy the same rights they have in Tazlure? Do they moderate the threads in their locations and such?

2.If I die in a dream, can I continue it? That is, can the corpse of my character still walk around and such, even if there's a sword poking out of her back? This is related to another question: How seriously is the character supposed to follow the laws of Tazlure?

3.Can items not gained in Tazlure be used here? If so, how "uber" can they be?

4.May I present my character in an appearance that vastly differs from what she truly looks like? For instance, I am contemplating giving Kestrel two heads, or nearly two bodies... Would this be possible?
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Major Apology!

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

I'm really (100000000000000000000000x) sorry Maeve! I'll try to cut off a lot of Faunish things from now on. I'll try to be serious. (Scouts Honor)

Speaking of serious. Did I read that correct? Erulzat is somehow part of Tazlure. Erm. May I PM (Meave or Saskia~Depends who's GMing Fauna on UoM)you a plot concerning Fauna, Erulzat, Tazlure and a dream?
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

*chuckles* See what happens when you drop hints, Maeve?

Kestrel:
1. I assume you mean supporters moderating locations in Ezulrat? As of right now, we don't have any location supporters actively participating in this forum, it's more of a reward and celebration of us opening the boards then a permanent fixture that will involve location supporters etc.

2. Again, since this is a dream, I would imagine you could indeed keep walking around, a lot of it will depend on your GM. You may end up waking up from the shock of dying, or it may be part of what happens to you. Anything can happen. As for how serious it is, keep true to your character. The knowledge they have in real life, is the same they have here, perhaps a bit more exaggerated, etc. If you are not sure, pm whoever is GM-ing you for specific plots or ideas you have for your character's dream adventure.

3. Again, this is something you'll have to take up with your GM. If you suddenly want to discover a wand of Horror or ride a gryphon- talk to your GM :D Technically, the sky (literally) is the limit :)

4. Heh. Im leaving that one for Maeve :D
Last edited by Tygress on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

It depends on the mod of that thread. Meri's temple is out right silly, but I wouldn' be pulling that trick in my tavern. :twisted:

Seriously, I would do it modest. So that means that Kestrel can wear different clothes and perhaps look true to her "inner self", maybe even simply Awaited in a dress. Two heads is too much though.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Well, what I meant, was a generic setting altogether, but it not being normal. Like a real dream (or nightmare) there's something wrong. Maybe the skies are dark and stormy, and it's the middle of an earthquake, etc, and there's some dragon that's attacking everyone that enters that dream. Like a real nightmare, it doesn't really have to make all that sense, but is obviously drawing off the imaginations of the dreamers...
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Zhavon, there will be a nightmare thread soon enough. One of the GM's is preparing it :)
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Awesome. I can't wait. :D
Andariel Le Fey

Post by Andariel Le Fey »

No no no, no scary stuff... I beg of you!

*faints at mere thought of being scared*
Tavren

Post by Tavren »

Just a heads up to the people I'm in threads with: I'll be gone for about 5 days starting tomorrow due to Europe's own Festival of Pan- Karnival. :D
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia's quest for Anasis was in the spa but I can't seem to find the time to unloose myself in that thing. A little help? =S sowwy.
Zaure

Post by Zaure »

Considering the fact that Pitr is here... dead people are still game right? :D Can we have a dead-people gathering? 8) Like a deathday party or something... :wink:

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”