The Patrician Residence of the Master of Protocol

Moderator: Mods

Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

Isabella was a master at reading Andolin, and she hid her smile with a respectful curtsy "Milord, I would be delighted to share a dance with you." He knew he was being manipulated. There was no need to rub it in with an impish reply. Yet her eyes twinkled as she put her hand on his arm so he could lead her away to the dancefloor.

Her shield would be difficult to maintain over such a distance, yet Isa felt confident she'd manage to keep Shaeliana covered. This was a dream after all, and she felt she could do anything she felt like. The darkhaired Rose gave the lady in red a reassuring smile "Forgive us for a few moments, milady. "
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]

Post by Guest »

The Butterfly gave him a friendly poke to the side...something that just never happened to the prince...and agreed to join him on the floor. Balthasar was quite pleased, for he knew well enough that young ladies learning to dance would often cling to their instructors desperately. And why not? I promised this dance...and she seems a most enjoyable and misplaced young lady...

Balthasar smiled back at the butterfly. "Oh, I would never dream of discrediting you, madam! I'll talk you though it carefully, now..." he offered, taking one of her hands in his and slipping the other to the base of one of her wings, the closest he could get to her back. Leaning close, he whispered to her as he awaited the right moment to join in. "Just a single step first, and take small steps. Do not fear that you might fall...I'd never let that happen. Now...right...no, your right, madam, not mine...and then follow with your left when the music commands. And again...and again...now we'll start to turn as we step, though only just...let me lead you in this, and step with the music..."

He moved carefully and deliberately, his hands strong upon her in case her footing might fail her. She will trod upon my toes at least once. Well, it's far better than suffering a deluge of beer, I suppose... he thought, as listened to the music and moved slowly in it's subtle, constant rhythm.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Leading Isabella to the dance area, Andolin tried to remember the last time they had danced together, and realized that they had never danced together. It would be something he would need to remedy in the waking world as well.

"My dear," he purred as they began therir dance, "you looked quite lonely by yourself. It is unlike you to not be surrounded by admirers." He, of course, had been in constant female company at this party, and it made him feel good to acknowledge it. "maybe the cut of your bodice is not low enough," he teased. Given that he knew this to be some sort of dream, he tried to see if he could manipulate Isa's clothing, rather than just his own. He imagined a much lower, and scandalously so, cut of her bodice ... one that would leave little to the imagination of her marvelous curves. Of course, if he could do it to her, she might be able to do likewise to him. That would be an unnerving thought, but far be it for him to back down from a game.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Isabella Florentina

Andolin couldn't resist a little stab in her direction so Isa purred in nettling defense "Ah, but while you entertained all those ladies," her voice suggested she considered them something less, "I have welcomed your royal guests as a true hostess should." As his wife should have done, would he finally settle upon one. A little stab of jealousy was quickly repressed.

Her already daringly low cut bodice suddenly shaped it self around her body, exposing tantalizing olive skin in a most scandalous manner. A piece of strategically placed lace from her chemise kept her nipples from common view. To the side the clothed swirled even further back, down under her breasts in a playful patter. Her backside was even further exposed, leaving little to the imagination, though embaressement was prevented by her billowing skirt. In fact, there was so little boned cloth left that it was a wonder the bodice was staying up at all.

"My lord," Isabella exclaimed in protest, being suddenly turned into a mans gravetide fantasy "Have a care for my reputation." From under her dark eyelashes she observed his twinkling eyes, knowing well he was the cause of her sudden exposure "Lest I have to change your attire into something more suitable." Suddenly the costume of the eternal struggle of light and darkness started to move and twist, growing horns and a tail till Andolin was revealed as the dark daemon he truely was.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The butterfly's hands were cool to the touch. Her smile changed to a concentrated frown when instructions were whispered. The frown quickly dissipated in laughter when the Heron mentioned falling. "Why would I ever be afraid of falling? It's what I seem to do best! Besides, it makes people laugh, so it's never a bad thing. Specially not at a party where people are obviously scared to the seas and back to make a wrong move or say the wrong word. Very funny to get them out of their shell."

She took the small steps, barely avoiding the Heron's feet a couple of times. "My right, your right, we're right, shoot, what's right again..." She mumbled and finally gave up in favour of simply following the man in mirror image.

"Step, turn...yaiks, you know what...just do your thing, I'll get along somehow." Syrawen was flabbergasted at the amount of thinking a simple dance required. I knew there was a good reason I never danced! Well, that and never attending parties sure helps! But this is a good reason not to attend parties! Yeah, see? I got it figured out.

"So, how afraid are you of falling?" The girl inquired with an innocent grin, wondering how this guy fitted into the party.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

Balthasar smiled down at the butterfly, amused at her lively, uninhibited prattle. He prayed almost openly that she might trip, giving him an opportunity to catch her to himself, but such a thing would have been far too inappropriate. Instead, he just lead her around, giving her time to adjust to his leading.

"I do not fear tripping, madam, since I'm perhaps as foolish as anyone. I would consider such a risk acceptable for the opportunity to dance with such a charming butterfly. That, and...I don't know if you've noticed, but..." he leaned in close to her ear once again, pleased to bring his body to hers, and he whispered "...this crowd seems somewhat...bored, on the whole. Maybe in choosing to dance, you do me a far greater service than I could ever do for you...at least in such a place as this..."

His eyes sparkling with mischief, the Prince attempted to dip his butterfly, a very hazardous maneuver if she fought him at all. As it was, he had to shift his hand far lower than she might prefer to reach under her rather awkward wings. With such a grip, he lowered her quickly, his hands strong upon her to keep her from collapsing to the floor below.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin laughed with appreciation as Isabella became scantily clad. "There is but one person here from the Citadel. The rest seem to be from the Western Kingdom, so you will never encounter them. So, my dear, your reputation is safe," he assured her.

He did not fail to note that his own clothing was changing and his costume was transforming into that of a daemon. He laughed playfully and tried to change Isabella's costume into the rags of a slave girl ... with the rags strategically placed over her privates, held there by thin straps of leather. He imagined manacles on her wrists ... not tightly, but enough to complete the scene of a poor, but beautiful, slave girl, towered over by a daemon lord. If there were not other people present, the excitement he felt in seeing her costumed in such a way, might have translated in to another type of action. Instead, he purred suggestively as he attempted to put a finger under her chin to lift it so that she would face him. She did not need to be an empath to know how much Andolin was relishing the comparative roles.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Blushing at her awareness of Isabella's... feelings for this man, Shaeliana nodded and executed a small curtsey as the couple waltzed off together. Expecting the flood of emotions to return, the healer steeled herself for the inevitible. It never came.

Before long however, the brunette began to wish for the return of the chaos as she found herself tuned into the beautiful dark-haired lady's emotions which were quite... unsettling. Moving back to the table where the beverages were kept, she picked up a glass of something and tried not to think about what she was feeling - what Isabella was feeling.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Isabella Florentina

A shiver of excitement ran through Isabella as she was further exposed in one of their favorite games, till suddenly she realized her subservient position. Her dark eyes glistened dangerously.

"I think not milord," she purred, her hand caressing his chin. Suddenly it became leathergloved, as the black shining letter expanded and covered her in a tight fitting cat suit with matching tail, just as revealing for all its cover. A whip was coiled at her waist and a flexible tail whisked around them. The suit ended as a cover on her head, with furry little ears.

In turn Andolins costume turned grey with a tell tale tail and soft little pink ears. "Come," she purred, still clutching his chin, more forcefully now "Come to me, my little mouse."
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin had to laugh as their game continued. That she chose a cat was not a surprise to him. She had always moved with feline grace, pretended not to be attached to anyone, but purred when she was with him. Of course, her curiosity was as large as his own. The whip was a intriguing touch, but he was no mouse.

Keeping his grey coloring, Andolin transformed his costume into that of a wolf with a feral smile. Yes, this was more akin to his nature. Beneath his wolf mask, he growled playfully at Isabella, "such a pretty little kitty. I think I'll make you my pet."
Isabella Florentina

Isabella curled into Andolin as they twirled in the corner. She adapted her costume to grow it into that of a sleek blank panther instead of a kitty, a skirt once again billowing around her and restoring apperances, though the whip and dangerously long nails almost akin to claws stayed with her. Isa growled playfully back at her lover, biting his ear when she leaned in to whisper something in his ear. "For shame that you have made your bedroom available to all the guests here to simply wander about and fix their clothing, for it has lost us a place to retreat too."

The dance allowed her to twirl away from him for a moment, and she pretended to ellude his grasp, paying attention to where the heron was, part of her still interested in catching her prey. Such a tasty pretty bird. Her darkeyelashes fluttered as she pretended not to encourage Andolin's jealousies.

Not for a moment did she consider the effect her shields would have on Shae, making her the sole person to still receive her intense feelings of passion and tantalizing danger, a dark shadowy side of her nature that normally only her lover was aware of.
Elevie

Post by Elevie »

Elevie stands on the terrace, sipping her cool wine and looking up at the unfamiliar stars, wondering what the patterns and constellations are called here.

Leaning back against a low stone railing, she looks back into the warm and well lit ballroom and opens up her Empathy the tiniest bit, letting awareness of the various guests' feelings and moods trickle in towards her as they whirl past in the dance, or lounge around the room.

Desire, humor, lust, happiness, worry, love, boredom, religious fervor... all of these touch Elevie lightly, as if someone is patting her hand, as she sorts through them and puts emotions to faces and forms, thoughtfully sipping her wine and wondering if anyone else will ask her to dance.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Once Isa mentioned the desire to find a retreat together, he forgot his jealousies for the moment. It was when she looked elsewhere and did not profess an overriding interest in becoming intimate that aroused in him the green gnawing sensation.

"Yes, tis a pity," he commented coolly as he twirled her. "Of course, I could simply imagine a bar across the bedroom door and we might have our privacy after all," he suggested playfully, while wondering whether she would act on it.

As she eyed the Heron, Andolin reciprocated by giving an inviting look to Shae and the elven lady who had stepped outside briefly. Two could play at that game.
Isabella Florentina

Too busy with googling the Heron Isabella missed Andolins tactical gazes. Instead she allowed herself to twirl back in his arms again, the lavender envelopping them in their private cocoon of playfulness.

Isa purred against his furry chest as she looked up "Oh, milord, what large eyes you have..." Her hand reached out, stroking his fake ears "What large ears you have.." Her dark eyes twinkled as she finally added "What a big mouth you have.."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Caught up in the whirlwind of passions exuded by the darkhaired beauty, Shae found her eyes drawn to the couple again and again. Blushing, she would turn her face away only to be drawn back to the tingles and the hungry lust that seemed to invade every part of her being now.

Watching the couple dance, almost staring by now, the gentleman's eyes looked her way and she felt her cheeks flame instantly as she ducked her head. However, the thrall she was locked in didn't allow her any rest and within flickers her eyes moved back to the couple twirling on the floor, unable to separate herself from the wild passion being played out before her.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Elevie

Post by Elevie »

Elevie sees the eyes of the dark haired and handsome lord dancing with Lady Isabella look her way and feels the intense roil of passion and jealousy behind that dark gaze- but it is all for Isabella, of that she is certain.

She nods her head slightly and meets his eyes, then watches to see where his gaze lands next. The petite brown haired woman looks slightly discomfited by the gaze of her host as well, and Elevie can feel something else coming from the young woman as well- her emotions are clumsily shielded but seem to be leaking out all over the place- mostly drawn to the dark haired couple locked in their duel of passion on the dance floor.

Elevie purses her lips together, certain that it is not her place to get involved- and equally certain that the little unshieded one is in for trouble if she continues like this. Finally she sets her glass upon the wide railing and fixes her eyes upon the petite brunette, sending out a wave of calm and reassurance towards her, before walking gracefully to her side, saying,

"Lady, are you well? You seem to be feeling some... distress?" Elevie herself has locked down her empathy against the flaming passions of the other two, but it is obvious that this woman has not.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Moritified that the gaze of a stranger, even if it was her host, could arouse such strong lusty feelings, Shae turned away, set her now empty glass down and grabbed up another. Drinking deeply, she was suddenly awashed with a feeling of calm peacefulness and she sighed a breath of relief. The sound of the female voice pulled her out of the little world she had been trying to construct around herself. Turning, she saw the pretty light haired elf asking if she was well. Truthfully, she wasn't but didn't know how to explain it.

"Yes," she lied, embarassed for anyone to know the truth as a tear slid down her cheek. Rhoddin had tried to console her, convince her she was not going mad, but here was proof otherwise. Even the elf could see it.

"No," she shook her head and replied softly. "I have not been well for some time but I fear it's not a sickness of the body so much as a sickness of the mind or perhaps the soul. It is a sickness I don't know how to treat," the young healer admitted plaintively.

"Tonight it seems worse than usual," she looked back at the dance floor, not actually at the couple this time, just somewhere to look other than the kind elven woman's eyes as her cheeks flamed with shame. There was no cure for madness. It was a truth the healer well knew though she was having difficulty accepting the truth for herself.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Elevie

Post by Elevie »

Elevie sees the woman's reaction and hears the lie in her voice- obvious enough even if her emotions hadnt been screaming confusion and worry at the Tarien as she approached. She feels a flash of irritation for these humans- how could a powerful empath like this reach adulthood with no training or control? The poor thing was a sort of walking emotional magnet...

Elevie feels sympathy fill her face as she leans to place an firm hand under the woman's elbow and turns towards the terrace once more, saying softly,

"It is not you at all- you sense the emotions of others, as if they were each holding them out for you to see and experience. Only in your case, it is more as if they throw them at you and you are overcome with them. Come- it will be easier for you outside, with fewer people."

Elevie's eyes flicker back to their host and his mistress dancing and she adds,

"There are some strong projectors here- and they are not as well shielded as they might be! And you, you do not seem to be shielded at all. Let me help you."

Even as her hand under Shae's elbow supports the girl, Elevie reaches into her own core and takes measure of her own shield, a shimmering flexible wall of silver and green and pulls it outwards, enveloping the human girl within it and cutting off the emotional din of the party, leaving Shae bathed in the inner calm that the Tarien continues to project to her.

Once they reach the railing once more, Elevie takes Shae's glass from her and sits it alongside her own saying,

"Wine will only harm your control for now, little one- not help it. You must learn both to shield things out- and to keep your own emotions tight within, only to share with those you choose."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn was getting the hang of it, although the poor Heron's feet did not exactly remain unscathed. She laughed. "By the way, I have severe doubts about being charming, but thanks anyway. This must be a dream for sure. Why is everything still standing? No one died yet, did they? Yaiks!" The girl evaded another round of toe-stepping.

"Boring..." The butterfly grinned. "We-ell now, mister longneck, aren't you one to choose whether to stick out yer neck or not eh? How much do we bet that you're used to these parties and you've just about had it with em? Ah well, at least yer a great dancer, or I would have fallen over already!"

Right at that moment the Heron decided to dip her and she let out a muffled yelp. "Whoha!" Instinctively she pulled her left arm from his embrace to cushion her fall, only to find herself still in the man's grip. She blinked her eyes in surprise. "Surprise attack or does that actually go with the steps?"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

There is was again. Just as the dark haired woman had said, something about shielding... before she waltzed off with the man who'd invited her to his bedroom and Shae's whole world had turned into an inferno of lust.

"Sheilding? That's what the other woman said but then she had to go," the healer replied as they moved outside, away from the pressing emotions. Almost as if stepping from a bubble, the hot sensations of passion and need disappeared to be replaced by the general noise of random emotions that the girl had grown somewhat used to. When the elf touched her arm and she felt the peaceful calm, the healer sighed.

"Thank you," she turned to look at the golden haired beauty. "I am Shaeliana and I would very much like to learn to do that. You are using magic, yes?" she breathed deeply and smiled, enjoying the reprise from the turmoil.

"How long does it take to learn? What do I need to do? Can anyone learn how or do you have to have a talent for magic first? Can I learn now? Can you teach me?" Shae heard the questions rushing out of her mouth and only just managed to bring them under control, blushing slightly.

"Forgive me. I get excited about learning new things and sometimes get carried away. You will find me a willing pupil but also, content to share the peace of your patio if teaching me isn't possible," she smiled warmly at the lady elf. She hadn't felt this good since the night with Rhoddin. Afterwards, lying with him and talking, it had felt comfortable if not exactly peaceful.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Her dark eyes twinkled as she finally added "What a big mouth you have.."

"The better to sing your praises," he replied playfully, "or should I say howl?" He gazed appreciatively at the panther costume and his wolfish costume melted away to be replaced by the masked attire of a wild animal hunter, covered with animal skins, and a weighted net in his hand. "Yes, the mouth ... once I capture and tame the wild panther, perhaps I will use my big mouth to kiss her," he whispered as he moved in so very close to her lips. "Or would the panther prefer I stalk other game this evening," he challenged.
Elevie

Post by Elevie »

Elevie smiles at the brown haired girl, recognizing both the relief and the warmth in her words and face. Indeed, as the girl goes on, Elevie recieves a strange flicker of warmth- an echo of passion , perhaps, but a kinder one than the lust within the ballroom and something the woman rememebers fondly. That will be a place to start.

"It is not magic, in a way- or if so, one of the most natural of magics. You have a gift of empathy, little one; to feel others emotions- and also to project your own strongly. So strongly that you might even be influencing those around you without knowing it."

Elevie leans back a little and looks up at the stars once more, continuing,

"You must learn to shield yourself from these things- to make a place of peace and calm within yourself, so that these other feelings can only be felt if you wish it. Right now, I have taken you within my shield- under my wing, so to speak."

She flashes the woman a quick smile, hoping she has gotten the inflection correct in the common tongue and not offended the woman. It occurs to Elevie that this night marks the first spontanious contact she has had with humans ever-conversations wholely unmonitored and unplanned.

She smiles once more and leans forward, her bright eyes shining.

"I do not 'teach' such things as a rule- but I myself had to be taught- and a great deal! So perhaps it will not be so difficult for me to show you what it is that I mean. But first- may I have your name? It will make it easier for me to show you- and if I may?"

She reaches out and takes the girl's hand in her own long fingered one and says simply,

"You may call me Elevie."
Last edited by Elevie on Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

"Other game?" Isabella asked, arching an eyebrow "Surely, you are not suggesting there is anybody else who can hold your attentions quite like I can?" A long white nail caressed his cheek, stopping just short of drawing blood, and there was a positively feral quality to her wicked smile. The hunter and the hunted, who was who?

"Perhaps, milord," Isa whispered in his ear, giving him a little lick as any cat might, "I can be persuaded to show you just what my mouth can do." She laughed softly after her outragous remark withdrawing slightly as if she never even suggested such a thing in public and was only politely sharing some light conversation.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

He, of course, needed to torment her. She had claimed he had a big mouth, and he held some vague memory of Isa and some large dark man. For some reason he was both jealous and angry with her, though he could not quite put his finger on it.

"Surely, you are not suggesting there is anybody else who can hold your attentions quite like I can?" A long white nail caressed his cheek, stopping just short of drawing blood, and there was a positively feral quality to her wicked smile.

Andolin pretended to be paying attention to Elevie and Shae while she spoke. As the nail caressed his cheek, he turned back to look at her, as if distracted, and uttered, "oh, were you saying something?" Though his face looked innocent, his shiny eyes betrayed him. He was really quite proud of himself at tormenting her clearly. In fact, he was so pleased with his insult that he could not help but start to laugh.

As to the suggestion what she might do with her mouth, he simply challenged, "perhaps a demonstration is in order?" Now what would she do? Torment him in return or offer a public or private demonstration? This time he did not feign disinterest.

Post by Guest »

"Why is everything still standing? No one died yet, did they?"

"No, usually I manage at least a couple dances before the running and screaming starts. Did you notice that I appear armed?" responded the young ruler to the butterfly, his rapier remaining out of the way and under control by virtue of the young man's casual skill. "What manner of ogre would dream of himself armed? I have wondered just what it represents."

Holding the butterfly low in his dip, the prince smiled down at her. "Oh, I suppose this is a surprise attack..." responded the heron with a grin. "After all, I'm just...making these steps up as I go along, anyway..." he pulled her upright and spun her around quickly. "After all, our dance is almost finished, and I wouldn't want to see you bored with me, after all..."

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”