Samheen 26 - Early ET - THE LUAU

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Samheen 26 - Early ET - THE LUAU

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

The morning was beautiful but the messenger’s information was not. There had been another pirate attack last night, and as a precaution, the boating trip would be cancelled. However, the luau was still going to start early trade tide as scheduled.

As people arrive on the site they will see half a dozen or so Adhiel lounging on chairs under temporary cabannas while a group of human servants were setting the various foods into the already steaming pit and covering it with fronds while everything cooked. The prize of the evening a 200-plus pound tuna lay gutted on a bed of leaves while the cook stuffed it with herbs and prepared it for the fire.

Out on the water a few adhiel were swimming and playing, with dress being both daringly casual, and extremely expensive.

On a large rock that jutted into the water the Lord Advocate was fishing, but waved as he saw people approach.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

The coach rolled to a stop, and the footman opened the door. Delanedra stepped out, carefully examine her surroundings. She took a deep breath of fresh-sea air, and then coughed as she inhaled a rather unpleasant scent- sea water and too much of it.

She sputter and then looked around to make sure no one was looking. She shifted her bag and began to walk.

Post by Guest »

Loraith made his way over to the locale on his horse borrowed from his family stables, he wore one of his expensive Dhoti and had his hair free so it wafted about his head in a cascade of gold. He wanted to cultivate an appearance among the nobles. He wanted to appear as a breath of fresh air even before he spoke. Leaving Alyn to look after his horse and amuse himself he took in the sea air as he walked into the midst of the arcadian celebrations, with his invitation to hand in case he needed to display it. He naturally did not recognise anyone and rather stood, running a hand through his hair, wondering what he was supposed to do at these things. He needed to casually infiltrate society and become a fixture. But he felt a bit too timid to rush into the celebration, he hoped an opportunity to integrate himself would emerge.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Alustariel's coach rumbled into view. Inside, Alustariel fiddled with her silken scarf, hastily tying back her hair with it. Compared to yesterday, today had been quite easy-going. She'd followed Lord Baradan's directions to Audreys and picked out a gracefull kislovite sari - like the locale women wore. The gown was two toned, with fabrics that included fine silk and satin - so comfortable to wear - the main color was silvery white, but was lined here and there with pale pink. She had not had the chance to sit and talk with her brother yet, but she had told him to attend if he wished and she would meet him there. The coach-ride was not extraordinarily comfortable, but it gave Alu time to herself, which she felt she needed.

The sound of the coach's wheels grinding to a halt suggested that the journey had reached its destination. The footman stepped down and opened the door. Alustariel smiled as she looked up and down at his fancy uniform - it was so both very amusing and charming to her that the Lord Advocate had sent a carriage for her - complete with footmen!.

"Thankyou" Alustariel nodded with a polite wink. She stepped down the portable steps and took in her surroundings. This waterside revel was just what she needed.

She could see the Lord Advocate waving from afar and waved back. But not wanting to disturb him at his fishing, she instead strode over to the cabannas and approached one of the human servants to request a glass of wine.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Post by Guest »

Loraith took a self conscious glance about and spotted the large woman moving past him. Now Loraith himself was tall but at a pinch she was perhaps even taller than him. It was quite surreal to not be the largest person at the party and his intrest was naturally aroused. A gentle smile played on his lips, and that wonderful sense of mystery invaded him, the delight at finding out show she was, what was her role in Kislovan, what was her personality like.

Loraith decided to follow her lead taking her as an experience party-goer of Kislovan, so Loraith walked over to the cabannas and order some wine for himself, then he looked rather whistfully out at the sea. Quite casually and with no bravado he turned his head to her seeming almost suprised someone was nearby, as though conversation was necessary he spoke softly, "Tis a shame is it not? That there is no boating today." He looked again longingly out to sea before turning to her fully and shaking his head, "I apologise for my lack of manners, I am Lord Loraith Kasvenir, I am representing my cousin Lady Rilana Cullmenah the Lady Master of the Seas here." He smiled a nice big smile hoping to appear amiable, he held out his hand waiting for her hand to join it as a mode of greeting.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Tis so" Alustariel said, turning to face the man who addressed her. "Though the setting here is not without it's charm and comfort".

He was unfamiliar to her, his appearance almost certainly Achadiel, not that this was an issue to Alustariel. What impressed her the most, however, was his impressive height.

"So nice to meet somebody who I can see eye to eye with" Alustariel said candidly "If you catch my drift".

Alustariel smiled broadly at Loraith and let her hand fall into his in greeting.

"I am Alustariel of the Urdil Household, a Citadel family - though without title, I am here by the good graces of the Lord Argil" she pointed over to the Lord Advocate "And his friend Lord Morniendur"
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

An adhiel came running up from the group on the beach. "Songbird, you made it!", she cried with a cheerful shout as she saw Delandera.

She was by any definition beautiful. Standing just a hair over five feet, chestnet hair was braided into a loose pattern that looked a lot like a fisherman's net with beads holding the squares apart. Her tunic and men's dhoti were both cut a little short to be considered decent in most Kislovian society, but well tailored to hier figure.

"And two more, welcome. From Morniendur's description, you must be Alustriel. I am Kaleen." Kaleen sketched a little bow before her. "And who is this big, strapping, achadiel?"

Post by Guest »

Loraith smiled as Alustriel spoke of the setting and ran a hand through his free flowing hair, "I do enjoy the coast, it has a charm as you say, the gently lapping of the waves on the shore is very calming, and to look out over the ocean as far as you can see is humbling, we may flourish on Kislovan but to look at the sea, and imagine all its wonders, what can we do but revere it." He released her hand gently after holding it for a few moments, "Although from our height I will wager we can see a bit further out than most." A naughty grin and a glance downward accompanied the jibe.

A sigh of releif accompanied her later comments, "Oh how refreshing to talk to a non-noble, I only returned to the bosom of my great family in the last few days, but I am learning how to fit in, but I hope you realise you have now given me an excuse to stay nearby, we are somewhat alike Lady Urdil." He smiled and looked at her square in the eyes before glancing down shyly, "You know you really are very..." then he was interrupted and turned as he was accosted by this new figure, he slipped back easily into his noble persona, his back seemingly straightening with ease and his eyes becoming more focused. As she questioned him he smiled and gave a curt nod of the head, "I am Lord Loraith Kasvenir, I am here to represent the great family Cullàmh and its most serene and wise head Lady Achroiliel Rilana Lady Master of the Kislovan seas and beloved of K'Tan and my cousin which is her lowest accolade admittedly." A light bow appeared after these words as though asking for social acceptance with his high position now clear. "My Cousin had pressing business but I hope to provide at least a partial cover for her." He smiled and leaned into Alustriel and whispered into her ear, "...beautiful." to complete his sentance from earlier.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra smile was warm. "I did." she said plesantly. She took a deep breath, "Songbird..." she mused. "I'll have to get used to being called that." she added politely. A new epithet, in a new place. Turning at Kaleen's mention of
"And who is this big, strapping, achadiel?"
Delanedra indeed attemtped to get a look at this Achadiel. She wasn't sure who it was but, curiousity was getting the better of her.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

A thin smile emerged on Alustariel's lips as Loraith whispered in her ear. She laughed quietly - though it was far from an insipid giggle, she did not even blush or flinch, a single quiet sound emerged from her.

"Ha!"

"And yet" she whispered softly, looking him square in the eyes... almost daring him to look away. "My silver hair is not as fair, nor even a glimmer of radiance, when compared to such a silver tongue" Alu laughed a little louder but coughed to cover their quiet conference when she looked to the newcomer Kaleen.

"Hello Kaleen, Morniendur informed you well. I am Alustariel. A pleasure to meet you of course" Alustariel bowed her head politely to Kaleen.

Alustariel settled her sights back with Loraith. This man moved fast and his amorous attention to her was as obvious as a flaming torch on a pitch black night. But Alustariel did not find these advances unwelcome, though he would need to do better than mere flattery.

Post by Guest »

Loraith grinned as Alustriel confronted him, "My Lady I am inclined to beleive that the stars themselves declare themselves jealous of your radiant hair." He smiled and looked away putting a hand theatrically to his chin, "But I find it somewhat worrying that you have this pre-occupation with my tongue, I hope you shall take my assurances that it is not coated with silver and only born of the same materials of yours." He smiled and as if to prove his point stuck his tongue out at her playfully. Then with a wink and that playful grin again he turned his eyes to Delanedra.

"You will excuse my curiosity my Lady but how does one gain a name such as Songbird? Does ones parents grant it or is it a name to be gained, through perhaps singing? If I am to take a rather obvious guess?" He smiled and focused on her although perhaps Alustriel's wish was gained, after all he no longer flattered her and while his attention was not on her, his back foot gently raised itself and softly rubbed against her lower leg. It was the most minimal of contact and it certainly was not lude, for Loraith it merely served as a form of comfort. One feels better at parties when one holds the hand of their beloved, Loraith was merely making sure Alustriel know that he was interested in her and while not verbally was physically flirting with her.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion strode towards the cabannas, brushing a few rebellious strands of hair from his face. He had followed not far behind him sister, even she did not know he would be there. Dinner had been planned, but a last minute problem meant he had found himself with nothing else to do for the evening.... Alu had mentioned the party the eveningtide before, and so with a daring that surprised the adhiel mage, he dressed in finery befitting a mage and attended the function.

Wearing his dress robes, Ashtallion considered himself a handsome sight. Pristine white soft lambs wool and satin, covered in a netting of fine strands of gold and silver enterwined. His silver sash around his waist. Although the Pelegrim was no where to be seen on his person, he carried the Warrior Card in his sash, though the mage doubted he would be needing its power tonight.

Sauntering towards Alustariel, he heard snippets of the conversation occuring, particularly the flirting between his sister and the adhiel who stood roughly the same height as his twin and himself. Asht glided up to his sisters side, silently but with intentful purpose, drawing himself up and looking as imperial as he could. " Alu... ", a hand rested on her forearm, giving a small squeeze. " Looks like I was able to attend after all... ", his eyes glanced to Loraith, " My apologies, sir, I am Alustariel's brother.... forgive my interuption... ", his golden eyes took in the others standing about. " Ashtallion Urdil, a pleasure. ", he gave a small bow of his head, only enough to show respect and stood aside ever so slightly from his sister so that she could carry on her conversation.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"You remind me of an old saying I know, Loraith" Alu said, smiling sweetly, though her eyes were watching her brother who was now approaching. "My old mentor used to say that Wit was educated insolence. But to do you credit - in the swordplay of witty remarks, you parry well" her smile broadened. She was not irred by Loraith's turn to speak with Delanedra, it was after all very rude to ignore fellow guests. And besides - between the rubbing of Loraith's foot on Alu's leg and Asht's hand now squeezing gently on her arm - Alustariel felt quite attended to.

"Ashtallion" Alu kissed her brother gently on the cheek "I am glad you have come, you look dashing". He did, so Alustariel throught, very regal, a look Ashtallion carried well - save for his humble countenance. The last two days had given them both time to relax and forget their misguided paranoia that surrounded their coming to Kislovan. Alustariel was determined that tonight they would merely relax and enjoy.

"Your interruption is forgiven. Why don't you get some wine for yourself and join us, I daresay when the Lord Advocate or Lord Reeve are come - I shall introduce you to them"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra smiled. "It's one that I've only aquired recently." she says turning a little crimison. "I've seemed to earn it, by word of mouth." she watches the others, each one take a few moments of her time to study them in detail. The Achadhiel woman raised an eye brow slightly as she glanced at the floor out of shyness only to see Loraith's foot. She looked back up rather quickly. "But my given name is Delanedra. Though I do think, now I shall have to use Songbird, as an appellitave name."

Post by Guest »

Loraith's foot finding subtlety to be the better part of valour rapidly retreated deciding impressively dressed brothers merit much caution. Who knew what he did, Loraith had had enough bad experiences to know that one should know the lie of the land before one gave battle. Feeling that Ashtallion had put him off his stride he turned fully to the Adhiel and had to admit that he looked impressive. Reaching out a hand and lightly tapping his right shoulder Loraith gave a little nod of the head. They were a strange pair, she had mentioned they were from the Citadel and they did not conform to the customs of the island that much was for sure. Decidely Panling thought Loraith and this Adhiel was wearing elaborate robes, either he was a mage or priest of some sort of decidely arrogant. Only time would tell on that front and Loraith had to suspect the former for his own safety.

"Well Ashtallion Urdil I am Lord Loraith Kasvenir, of the great family Cullàmh. Well met, to one who radiates so much majesty I am finding myself obliged to bow." He smiled and was true to his word hoping to flatter the well dressed individual. "I am most impressed by House Urdil, you yourself sir carry yourself very well and your sister has been quite keeping me in my place with her wit, why I feel like a seagull amongst peacocks at present." He smiled gently and the cogs in his mind rotated as a plan of sorts formed, He felt rather in the middle of two seperate conversations at present but felt able to continue them both, he adressed the Urdil's first and with a smile said, "I have quite made up my mind, Lady Alustriels charm has quite convinced me I should like to invite you both to my families estate in the city tonight, my cousin has taken much of the staff but I am sure the cook could prepare some sort of culinary experience and I should like to learn more about you two fasinating Adhiel, for I am sure I shall be forced to mingle tonight and will not have a sufficient chance to ask questions and converse." Smiling he turned to "Songbird" and spoke sweetly to her, "And as for you my Lady I am afraid I rarely allow accolades to stand without them being tested so I shall ask that you latterly prove yourself a Songbird." He smiled, "If you are willing of course, but tell me for now a little of yourself."

Thus Loraith stood loitering, with two conversations about him as his mind worked gently but quickly at trying to collect all the informnation he could and use it wisely. He cursed inwardly the amount of people about, for as his eyes caught ALustriels again he could not help but for a moment block out all noise and enter into some sort of romantic dream state where she was the only person with him and they were free to talk. But alas after a moment grim reality took its grasp over him and he was washed back into the crowded party. He would need to wait it seemed, patience was a virtue.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"WOW! Look at him fight! I'll get the net." Morniendur Baradan, was yelling as he scrambled up the rocks to where Argil Insurinn, the Lord Advocate was currently braced against the pull of his fishing pole. It was bent nearly double with something out of sight valiantly fighting to get free.

Kaleen smiled at Alu, before giving Loraith a long unblinking stare. "Funny, an Achadiel from such a well known family. You must be no end of pride to your cousins. Still, I would expect even half a Cullamh to have better manners than to challange one of my students."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Although he kept his face of polite interest, the mage was silently thinking.... Gods! This one knows how to flower his words and flatter!

Luckily, Asht was not one to fall for such comments and outright false flattery. " Lord Kasvenir, a pleasure. While I have never heard of your Family or House, I am impressed none the less. ", offering another small bow of his head, he flicked a glance to his sister, confirming he had heard her request. " And please my Lord, you flatter both my sister and I far too much, our house is humble, though proud. Sorcerers by birth and training I will admit, but still humble enough. I myself am training under the Battlemage Royal....Mage Falgan. "

" As for the invitation, no doubt my sister will agree it is a most kind offer and if nothing else prevents us, we accept. "

Drifting away for a moment, Ashtallion returned with a glass of wine for his sister, none for himself. He merely stood by her side with his hands folded and listened in to the conversation, taking in the sight of the party and enjoying the atmosphere.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu could feel there was a tense air still lingering her brother, though it was clear he was trying to relax in this new environment. Alustariel realised that they had never been to too many social forays together - save for perhaps the Citadel Tournament.

"Of course, we accept" Alustariel said, turning her head and winking at Loraith, out of sight of Ashtallion. For some reason, Alu got the feeling that her brother had not taken well to this Achadhiel, even if she had. She sipped at her glass. She was almost teasing Loraith, for having Asht standing directly beside her with his arms folded ominously - made it very had for Loraith to make another move - but Alustariel was looking forward to seeing his next attempt. Somehow they would have to detach quietly from this crowd, so they could speak together without prying ears - but that possibly wouldn't happen until later in the evening.

For now she turned her attention to Kaleen, who stood smiling and gloating about her student.

Still, I would expect even half a Cullamh to have better manners than to challange one of my students she had said

To Alu, this sounded exceptionally rude, though Loraith had seemed not to notice. It sounded like a clear jibe at Loraith's human-adhiel parentage.

Funny, I would expect a woman who claims to be one of the greatest music teachers in Kislovan to dress a little more decently Alu contemplated saying but instead said...

"I should very much like hear your Songbird sing"
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra smiled. "Perhaps you will." she says. She looks through her bag, the contents included a few other odds and ends, including a comb, a mirror, her favorite pendant, a dagger-shethed of course, and her favorite cloak.

She looked at the others. "I should have probably brought my lute with me, but I didnot." she taps her finger on her cheek. "Perhaps one of your could play- if you have any musical talent."

Post by Guest »

Loraith bowed to Kaleen, "I ask that my Lady forgives my impetuous tongue, I did not mean to challenge. Any student under your care I am sure posesses the voice of the gods tehmselves and surely it would be wasted upon my tainted ears, I merely sought to hear the effects of your teaching for my own selfish reasons." He stepped back as a sign of subservience his anger supressed for the moment by ambiton. He turned an apologetic gaze to Delanedra. "Forgive me my Lady, I did not mean to question your ability or to demand any songs, I merely wished it for my own enjoyment which was impertient of me." He smiled forcing a smile onto his face.

Turning to the Urdils he smiled a geniune smile, first adressing Ashtallion he said in a scholarly fashion, "My family is one of the ten great families of Kislovan, we have traditionally been the greatest trading family of the island, however the attacks from the Broken Isles have been crippling but nothing we cant recover from." He smiled, "Ah but socrcers how interesting, I must admit I am rather intrigued by the arcane arts, having no skill myself but I hope I might learn something, idle intrest you understand." He continued his smile, "But I am sure I would not understand much. I prefer the way of the blade but I have only mediocre quality at that." He smiled and tilted his head to look at Alustriel, "Good, we shall go after the party then, I am sure we shall have lots of fun." He smiled at her showing his teeth again and brushed the locks of stray hair behind his ear, she was enchanting. Her brother clearly had some power coupled with modesty, yes House Urdil was intriguing Loraith greatly.

Turning again to Delanedra he regretfully shook his head, "I am afraid my talents in the musical field are minimal my Lady, please do not feel obliged to play now. I am sure a talent under wise guidance such as your own will play in Kislovan and enchant us all in time, and we may hear in good time and be thus amazed." He nodded gingerly and turned back to Alustriel finding that these Adhiel without the biase of Kislovani heritage were preferable to talk to, "I am obliged by my cousin to mingle at this event and I hope my Lady might kindly introduce me to the Lord Advocate and the Lord Reeve at some point, after all it would be most improper to merely approach out of the blue." He grinned gently, and his tongue just for a moment darted from his mouth, ran against his dry lips and darted inside, enticement and primordial lust in this most proper of events.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Kaleen smiled slightly at Loraith's apology. "Don't worry" she told Delandera, "I have a flute, and Arrond has his drums. I'm sure we can come up with something later. For now it looks like the cooks have the first course ready at the beach. Would any of you care to partake, the tuna roe wrapped in bacon looks delicious." With that she turned and headed back toward the sand.

"Ta-Da!" Argil cried as he brought a mid-sized swordfish down from the rock where he was fishing. "Let me take this over to the cooks, I'm sure they can find something to do with it."

At the same time Morniendur Baradan made his way over to the group. Planting a quick peck on Kaleen's as he passed her, he smiled, his eyes alight with the exertion of the fish he and Argil had brought ashore.

"Milady Urdil, it is good to see you made it. And is this," he gestured at Loraith, "the friend we spoke of earlier?"
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"As it is good to see you once more, Lord"

Alustariel curtsied to Lord Baradan as he addressed her, but she was quick to smile again when the he mistook Loraith as the friend she had spoke of yesterday.

As she spoke looked to Loraith "Nay, this is some galant with whom I have only met tonight, but he had been looking forward to meeting you, he is Lord Loraith Kasvenir, of the illustrious family Cullàmh, he represents it's matron, Lady Achroiliel Rilana Lady Master of the Seas"

"And now that you have asked, I must introduce you to my friend AND brother of whom I spoke yesterday" she gestured back to Ashtallion " - my beloved sibling Ashtallion" she smiled looking to her brother "Asht, this is Lord Morniendur Baradan, the Lord Reeve General in Kislovan, and, as I found yesterday, a wonderfull conversationalist"

"But come, let us eat, this tuna roe in bacon does sound very tasty..." she said "... we can talk over the meal"

"And just to be fancy ...would one of you care to escort me to the beach?" Alu said, hooking out her arm. She could not help but let her eyes wander back to Loraith.

edit-spelling
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Del nodded. "Thank you, Lady Kaleen." she said forcing her voice to become much louder and stronger sounding that before. She smiles wider. "Shall we go to dinner?" she asks politely. She walks towards the place where the food will be, looking rather lost in thought-possibly thinking of what to perform at her impromptu performace.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"And just to be fancy ...would one of you care to escort me to the beach?" Alu said, hooking out her arm. She could not help but let her eyes wander back to Loraith.

It was impossible to notice if Morinduir noticed Alu's look back to Loraith or not, given the speed and smoothness with which he moved in and took her arm, guiding her down towards the tables set on the beach.

In the meantime, the servants were finishing preparing the tables with the first course sitting out ready to be eaten.

OOC: The tables seat five. There are six of them and about 25 guests total at the party. I leave it to you to fight it out, however I will say it will take something close to a duel to have Lord Morinduir sitting anywhere but next to Alu

IC: As the group made its way to the beach, Lord Argil fell in step with Ashtallion. "A word with you if you don't mind." he said intentionally slowing his steps so that everyone else passed them, leaving them room to talk in private should Asht slow down with him.

Kaleen in the meantime had hurried down to one of tables laughing and sat down as if at a throne, Arrond holding her chair. He then sat next to her, his stature and width of shoulders marking him as the only human not working as a servant.

Post by Guest »

While perhaps he was vaguely tempted to take Alu's arm, he knew very well her brother and Lord Morinduir had more right than him to accompany her, though her look to him was enough to confirm that really they both wanted him to make the movement, and that was enough for him. He moved in front of Lord Argil but did not try to go for a seat yet, he was getting the hang of being subservient for these Adhiel bastards. So for the moment he decided to hang back till there were only a few reamining seats, then he would sit and try to be as unnoticable as possible.

So he kept his eye on Alu for a moment, let Lord Morinduir have his fun flirting and so on, but Loraith wondered if she would invite her back with him, then her preference would become clear. Still Loraith reflected how having power on this island would amuse him. How he could make them bow to him, how they would pander to his needs. So the young half-Adhiel waited, waited for the Adhiel masters to sit so he could take his place. He had no desire to socialise anymore, bile had risen in him and had put him off these people. Still he would have to stay, it was expected of him.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”