Asht and Argil at the Luau

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Asht and Argil at the Luau

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

"You and your sister make quite a striking couple. Even with the difference in your hair color, I can definitely see a family resemblance."

Argil's voice was soft as he spoke, not a whisper, but not certainly controlled so that no one other than the two of them would hear him.

"After your sister's *Ahem* illustrious interview at the palace, I was asked to make a few discrete inquiries about the two of you. Everything I have found so far, appears to support your sisters tale, at least, her current one. Tell me, what did you think of the Citadel?"
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" Thank you. I'm positive my sister would take great pleasure in knowing that.... as do I myself. ", a light smile graced his lips and he brushed a stray strand of hair from his face.

Alu mentioned nothing about a conversation at the Palace.... perhaps she did and I forgot...

Ashtallion winced mentally, but showed no outward reaction. " The Citadel? Well I spent most of my life there, save for several years or so. For the most part it is a wonderful place, I don't know if you have ever been? ", a shadow seemed to cast over the adhiel mages' eyes as he turned them to view the sky for a time, " Though.... most recently... ", he stopped for but a moment, " My apologies, Lord Argil, I struggle for words to describe the encounters I've had. The Citadel has become... corrupt, through subtle methods of manipulation, the scheming and secretive plots of the political heirarchy. Its all soo frustrating, not to mention disconcerting. I've battled dark sorcerers and demons, both of which seem to be establishing a firm foothold in the Citadel, the place is becoming rife with vile energies. "

" It was sickening at times to feel all that vile power, even in the University of Magick where I studied. ", he shook his head and then looked at Argil.

" I ramble on, but you can perhaps imagine it was not a pleasent place to remain in... not when one is being used as a puppet... ", this latter sentence chased away the shadows and replaced them with a fire behind those golden eyes. " I do not like being used..... one reason why I left the Citadel. For the time being anyway. ", he shrugged his shoulders slightly.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"Then I must warn you pulling puppet strings is considered one of the greatest of sports at the Palace. And like it or not, you have been noticed by several of the games finest players.

Anyway," the adhiel continued, "you were telling me about the Citadel. Some of what you say has already reached Kislovan, and other parts have been surmised, but not yet proven. I may ask you to brief the Council at some point if you would be willing.

"Actually, right now, I have more of an interest in your youngest memories. This may sound a little odd, but I would like to spend some time discussing them with you. We could walk now, or would you prefer to sit down for dinner? This could certainly wait."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

He suppressed a sigh, and merely displayed a weary smile. " Ah well, its seems politics run the same everywhere on Tazlure then. And may I enquire as to whom these finest players are? Just so that I can keep my guard up. ", another smile, this one more open and honest.

" Perhaps we had best sit for the meal, least I be considered ill-mannered, and surely my sister will be fretting as to where I wandered off to. And as for my younger memories, I will be glad to answer what I can.... though I warn you, my memory of my younger days is far from clear my Lord Argil. But like I said, I will endevour to do my best. "
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"Very well," Lord Argil responded with smile. Let us join your sister and the others. As to the matters of players in the game politics, I would say that the Seneshal certainly is certainly a skilled player. My good friend Morniduier is perhaps still somewhat a novice, but he is learning quickly. The Battlemage Royal, has been heard to say that he hates the game, and that it wastes his time, but still he plays as well as any I have ever seen."

Walking towards the table, Argil indicated the seat between Lord Morniduer and Alu, and then moved to take the seat between Loraith and his friend Mornidurer.

OOC: Continue here:
https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=11761
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread skilled.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Kislovan Archive”