Kis: The Great Palace - Samheen 27, MT ~ Iosif

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

Reaching the top of the gangplank, Iosif looked down on the confrontation. A sweaty somewhat ragged looking adhiel in a matching pale green tunic and dohti had just jumped off his horse and was trying to board the Shark's Tooth. The mate and the sailor who had piped Iosif aboard previously we barring the way and there was the start of a serious shoving match going on.

"I must see the Lord Reeve General immediately." The blond adhiel was not actually yelling, but it was getting close to that point. "I have information he must review." As he tried to push past the mate gave him as push on his shoulders sending the stranger sprawling. Now out in the open, Iosif recognized the uniform as exactly the same as the one worn by the adhiel who had brought him out to the ship.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

Iosif sped down the ramp to intervene. This was a chance he would relish.

"Move aside!" Iosif shouted as he reached the pushing match. He pushed pass the sailors and stood protectively above the sprawling adhiel.

"Can you not see this man is from the palace?!" He glared at the sailors. "The Admiral and the Lord Reeve will have you whipped when they hear about this."

Iosif extended his hand to the courier.

"I am Leuftenant Seregon. I am the Lord Reeve General's aide de camp. You may give the information to me and I will see that it is delivered safely."
Last edited by Iosif Seregon on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

OOC: I do owe you an apology. I thought I had posted this reply already and was waiting for you. Then I was looking over the threads and saw I was the next one up. :oops:

"Leuftenant". The page came to a sharp attention and offered Iosif a crisp bow. "I would, but I am afraid that this is a matter of some delicacy on which the Lord Reeve General requested that I report personally. If you will allow me to see Lord Baradan for just a moment I am sure he will excuse my haste in trying to board his ship. And please sir, "the page spoke politely in a move clearly meant to score points with the ships crew for later. "Do not fault these men. I know that I am violating protocol, attempting to board without authorization. And I would never have done it except for the urgency my message."
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

OOC: Not a worry in the world, Darti :)

IC: Iosif stared hard at the page who refused his request. He'd put up with his position on his way to the ship, but things had changed - even if they'd changed less than a tide earlier.

"You say your message is urgent but you are aware that you are violating protocol," mused Iosif, his lips turning into a sneer. "Very well, then. If you are to be believed, these men were only acting on standing orders." His grin turned cold and almost vicious.

"And therefore, I will continue to let them follow those orders. Gentlemen," said Iosif to the sailors surrounding him, "take this man into custody and bind his hands. Quickly." He turned his hard gaze on the page.

"You have received my generosity in my saving you from the beating you may still deserve. I will continue my generosity by taking you before the Lord Reeve General myself. There it will end. But I will not be so foolish as to risk his life or mine. If you make one suspect move, I will throw you into the water myself."

Iosif stood and pointed to the two nearest sailors.

"When he his bound, lead him up the ramp behind me. If he so much as coughs, throw him off."

Iosif was steel eyed as he looked at the men about him. Without waiting for questions he turned and moved toward the gangplank.
Last edited by Iosif Seregon on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

The started as Iosif spoke then broke out in broad, unpleasant grins. This was clearly not a response they had expected, but these were orders they would obey with a relish. There not being any rope handy small enough to use for binding a man, they settled pulling his tunic up over his head and back down while holding his arms behind him. This effectively trapped his arms in his own clothing. Each man then grabbed a shoulder and an ankle and with a jerk into the air were carrying the adhiel messenger between them looking much like a pig on its way to the spit.

Before he had even reached the top of the gangplank, Iosif heard thier steps behind them, heavy with the extra weight they carried. Once onboard ship they turned ready to follow his next directions.
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

“Bring him before the Lord Reeve General,” he ordered.

Iosif marched purposefully up the plank and toward the gathering of officials. He could hear the sailors behind him and knew his orders were being carried out. Good, he thought, I hope he learns his lesson. He cared not a whit for any embarrassment he might cause the man. And being trussed like an animal and shoved in front of some more senior officers of the realm would definitely count as embarrassing.

He stood at the top and waited for the or the strange troop to march their “prisoner” to the Lord. When they arrived, he spoke simply to the assembled men.

“My lord,” started Iosif with the semblance of a bow, “this man stormed the ship indicating he has a message for you. He did not follow protocol nor did he attempt to secure the assistance of a senior official. He refuses to divulge his message, stating it can only be for you. I thought it best to take him to you myself.”
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

As Iosif spoke there was a loud THUMP on the deck behind him where the now bound page had been dropped face down on the deck. The two older adhiel looked on with amusement at the proceedings, well Morn himself looked annoyed.

"Dellan, this had better be important." He spoke to the page, a bored drawl in his voice. As the inched backwards until his back end was over his heels, Morn continued. "Dellan is one of my sources on the events in the palace. And while he is a loyal brother he does somtimes think it gives him position he has yet to earn."

With a grunt of effort Dellan was able to lift himself into a kneeling position. "I would not be here otherwise my Lord. The adhiel you mentioned, Alustariel Urdil. She was attacked by a group of ninadiel this morning. It was a revenge act for the incident in town where the female was injuried. The humans now think they can get away with an assult in the capital city in broad daylight!"

OOC: Dellan will continue on but I wanted to give you a chance to re-act. If the answer is "Iosif stands there and listens", just PM me and I will expand this post.
Last edited by Dartimos Hammer on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

OOC: This works. I can do some internalizing of the situation before he continues.

IC: Koba! Did you hear that? They have struck! Iosif forced his thoughts into the recesses of his mind. He did not need to be incited in his hatred for the ninadhiel. He never had. He was not surprised they had acted as this man, Dellan, described. They were a base species, unwilling to accept their position in society. He grimaced as he remembered that there were adhiel unwilling to accept the human’s position in society as well. The desire to rectify this wrong burned within him. One day . . .but maybe not so far off . . .

In truth, he was secretly glad the human’s had acted in this fashion though it took his mind a flicker to grasp it. He did not wish the female ill but in every conflict there were those that needed to be sacrificed for the good of the people. Perhaps this Alustariel Urdil was the martyr his people needed to realize their efforts to reform these ninadhiel were in vain.

He remained calm as Dellan continued. The Lord Reeve General would want details, presumably on who was responsible. Iosif would wait and hear them as well but he was not concerned with responsibility. The action warranted a response, swift and violent. He knew who was responsible . . . humans. Silently, he began to plan how he would respond . . .if he had the chance.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Iosif listened as the page continued with his discription of events surrounding the attack on Alustariel.

"As near as we can tell there were six of them. One of them was "Bill" from down on the docks. We've had trouble with him before. "

"I remember." the Lord Reeve General mused. "Well we are fairly sure he is one of those sons of wolf-bitches. And now he wants to show his teeth."

"What do you think Leftenant? How should an adhiel respond to something like this?"
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

"Well sir," said Iosif evenly. "I would respond as I would to any animal that attacked me. I would respond with violence designed to punish and to educate, lest they try it again." He clenched his fists as he pictured in his mind exactly the violence he would perpetrate.

"But," he continued with a cold air of calculation, "if their attack were vicious enough, and I feared for my safety, or that of my family, I would do the only thing logical. I would kill it."

Iosif was unsure how his sentiment would be received. These were adhiel but some adhiel were sympathetic to humans and saw them as equals. Ironically, he continued to ignore the voices in his head. Instead he silently prayed that K'tan had put his feet on the path of those who shared his vision for a true land of the adhiel.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"A logical answer", one of the older officers sitting at the table spoke up. "I like the way you think."

"Indeed", Morn responded. "K'tan has made it clear that he...has a clear view of the relationship between humans and adhiel."

Morn paused, catching his new leftenant's eyes. Iosif had told them he had seminary training. Clearly there was a challenge here......
Iosif Seregon

Post by Iosif Seregon »

Iosif did indeed notice Morn’s words.

He is of the more ancient mind set, Iosif told himself. Perhaps K’tan himself has brought us together? Though Iosif had been a student of theology he knew it was not his calling. His religion would never rule his life but he was by no means ignorant of its significance.

“Yes, my lord,” responded Iosif with a sly smile. “I would agree that he has.” Iosif paused, unsure of whether to show his enthusiasm. He decided against it in favor of simple confidence.

“If you feel there is an opportunity for me to serve on another level, sir, I would be most pleased to take it.”
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Morn took time to consider Iosif's response. He looked his fellow adhiel up and down, clearly weighing him in his mind. Then, reaching a decision, he continued.

"You are from Sirionn. So tell me, what do you know of those who call themselves Firelords?"

Return to “Kislovan Archive”