General Locations

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

General Locations

Post by Maeve »

Main Street
It was called Main Street. The truth was that it was the only street in the big city of Pax. Hastily thrown together wooden sheds, all ten of them stood together huddling in the larger meadow as if some mistake was made and a simply avalanche would take them out. A larger building contained a tavern, as well as the Provost office where the citizens collected their pieces of land.
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Fort Pax

Fort Pax as it was called at this time was only a collection of tents. Engineers were busy building a wooden pallissade around the city of Pax including four impressive watchtowers. It would take some time before they could start on the officers mess, the latrine and the barracks.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The River Clearwater

At times the river Clearwater, which had been powerful enough to cut out the entire valley in the mists of time, was no wider than a few feet, or where it was wider, it seldom was deeper than one's waist. At several points small waterfalls occured, but mostly the water wrapped itself around the multiple rocks on its way.

Of course this small trickle could take on the guise of an angry monster if the snow was melting or thunderstorms hit the mountains. Then it became a brown boiling mass of water that may flood part of the valley.
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The Forest

The valley of Pax was not very wide, and yet one could easily get lost in the thick forest in the middle of it. Dominated by oak it also contained ash, elm and cedar trees, with the occassional birch tree where there was more space in the woods.

Most of the forestfloor was thickly covered with verns, with a rock here and there breaking up the rythmn of trees and verns and allowing in some sunlight that otherwise would barely touch the ground. Moss covered the smaller rocks that were strewn about liberally.

Deep in the woods the deer some smaller prey animals hid. Larger predators were not unknown in the mountains, traveling from valley to valley, making the howl of wolves or the low growling of beers not unheard of.

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”