One thing ends where another begins (TT, Open, EG mandatory)

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Draydis felt the warmth of the Mother reach him through the darkness...

"Mother, thank you for Your presence. I know You have much that troubles You now, but I know these youth will be helpful to me in my efforts to accomplish the task that You set out before me. I thank You for lending your compassion so these boys may be healed."

His words were warm and full of energy, yet were quiet...as if seeking only to speak to the Mother.

With that, he cupped the head of the strong boy in his glowing hand. He felt the blood of life flowing from the wound. Not knowing exactly how to heal the boy, Draydis closed his eyes and imagined the blood stopping, the wound healing, and the boy not only being healed from the wound, but gaining consciousness. He then focused his thoughts on imparting memories of all that happened into the boy so he might wake with a greater understanding of the purpose of the encounter and a desire to seek out the Mother.

Next, Draydis touched the unconscious boy with his glowing hand. He focused on helping the boy to open his eyes once again and survive the terrible blow that he had received. Again, Draydis focused on what had happened to the boy and how the Mother had given Draydis the ability to help heal him in hopes that this boy's faith in the Mother would either develop or grow.

Once he had expended all the energy that was granted to him by the Mother, Draydis stood and watched to see what would happen.

"Keep your prayers to the Mother strong, my friends. She is truly here with us. The Mother will serve you well if you just listen to Her. I can teach you how to listen for Her words if you would let me."

Though Draydis felt like he had done everything correctly, he kept an eye on the strong boy. He did not want to be surprised by a sudden attack from that youth. He was certain that one hit from the boy would topple him...especially considering that the one hit he had taken was still plenty painful.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

As Draydis cupped the head of the boy, he felt the green glow flow over the head wound and, within a few flickers, the blood had stopped seeping from the wound and all that remained was small red scar. The adheil felt elated as if the act of healing had added something to his own being as well as assisting the fallen fighter.

The crowd remained silent, some staring in awe and others appearing uncertain, their eyes darting between the adhiel and their stricken friend. After half a burn in which the wounded boy lay still, he suddenly stirred and a great sigh of contentment escaped from his lips as his eyes popped open. The youth offered his hand to Draydis, clearly inviting his former opponent to pull him to his feet.

“I have seen her,” he muttered in a quiet voice.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis beamed when the boy spoke. It was truly an answer to prayer. So many times, Dray had asked the Mother to help him in battle...to lend to his abilities to wreak havoc and cause death. This was the first time he had asked her to help him heal. It was an amazing feeling. His faith grew even stronger, knowing that despite the Mother being terribly busy with the problems here, She heard his prayers and granted him the ability to make a difference.

He gladly offered his hand to the boy, relieved that the fight was over. If he would be able to teach this youth discipline and tactics, he would be a tremendous warrior indeed. Time would tell.

"I can teach you about Her. She is now a part of you. Your friends all helped with their prayers as well. You have great friends, warrior."

Draydis helped the boy up and gave him a slight bow of respect.

"Let's help your friend now."

The adhiel warrior kneeled and focused his attention on helping the boy that had been knocked unconscious...

"Wake now, my friend." His words were warm and soothing.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

The boy took the hand that was offered and was soon standing on his feet, apparently fully recovered if a little dazed. A few members of the crowd drifted away, perhaps uncomfortable at what had transpired. Four young achadhiel remined, their faces filled with wonder.

As Draydis knelt by the second boy, it was clear that the youth was merely unconscious. He was breathing steadily but had no obvious injuries. The grren, healing glow that the Mother had given to her follower had now faded and was scarcely discernible. Still, it was sufficient to stir the youth and, although he did not yet wake, a more contented look appeared on his face as the last of the healing glow vanished.

If Draydis looked up, he would see two guards approaching, evidently intent on investigating what had transpired.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis smiled at the result of the Mother's healing. "He will be just fine. He is just unconscious now, and will wake soon. Thank you each for your prayers. You were all critical in healing the injuries of your friends."

A few of the youth left after the healing was administered. He hoped that they could be encouraged to give another thought to joining with him. For some people, proof of the Mother's presence derailed their thinking, as they had never realized Her presence was true. He prayed silently that the Mother would continue to touch each of their hearts and that with time to think and process what they had seen, that each of the youth would return to Dray for teaching.

There were several left however, and they would hopefully prove to be useful in assisting the champion of the Mother in his pursuit of finding out what was harming the land here.

At the approach of the guards, Draydis stood to greet them...

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

The two guards strode briskly toward Draydis and the remaining group of achadhiel. One of the guards was a nervous looking youth who fingered his sword nervously as he approached. The other was a thin, sour-faced sergeant who regarded the adhiel with a look of distaste.

“Causing more trouble I see,” said the sergeant, directing his remark to the youths. “Clear off before I bang you up in jail. And take your friend with you.” He pointed to the unconscious youth. “You and your kind have been warned before about this type of behaviour. This is the last warning I will give.”

The youth that had fought Dray gently picked up the comatose boy and slung him over his shoulder. As he passed the adhiel, accompanied by his friends, the boy whispered a few words. “We are at Tuirdhiel’s Tavern most eventides, may she be with you.”

Once the youths had departed, the sergeant turned his attention to Dray. “As for you, sir.” He emphasised the last word with considerable sarcasm. “I believe that your leader stood surety for your good behaviour. I would hate to report that you have been involved in another fracas to the Lieutenant. Please try and keep out of trouble.”
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

As the boy passed him, Draydis nodded and pointed. "I camp over there. Please meet me at first light in the morning with your friends. We have much to discuss." He gave the boy a smile and hoped that they would show. "May She be with you as well my friend. Be safe."

Something about the encounter and the Mother granting him the ability to heal others had pacified the raging wolf spirit inside of Draydis. Though he was still covered in mud and leaves like he was ready to go on the hunt in the woods, the feral side of the adhiel was pulling back and allowing his much more calm side reappear.

His attention then turned back to the guard. Though the guard clearly had zero respect for Draydis, the reply given by the commander was very respectful.

"My leader is not any of the men in this place. I do not belong with the group of Ulder and the others, and I owe no loyalty to them. I am the commander of the Emerald Guard, so I owe only loyalty to the crown of Taquar and to the Mother."

His expression softened. "There was purpose to this matter just now. I watched as these youth heckled a man who was passing by. I challenged the strong one to a fight and said that if I could best him that they would train with me. My goal is to help them become better citizens of this town. Tell me, sir, has anybody else in this town attempted to teach these youth the proper way to act instead of just lashing out at them and making them feel worthless all the time? I understand that my methods were perhaps wrong, but I believe that I can make a difference in their lives. Wouldn't it be nice if that strong one could become a productive worker in this town, or if somehow he could become a leader and show his friends that there is more to life than just being thugs? Have faith, my friend. Change is possible with the right attitude."

He smiled at the guards. "When I came through the portal, I was confronted by a crazy dark adhiel who wanted to kill me for no apparent reason. Since then, I have had to force the removal of my brother and most trusted of friends from the Emerald Guard because he became power hungry. Tell me, if that happened to you, would you be in the best of moods? I apologize for my actions since my arrival, but I would hope that you can see that this day has been quite difficult. I assure you, it is the exception to the norm."

He shrugged. "I only want to try and help make things better here. From what I've seen so far, these youth are eager to learn, and I believe that they have good hearts. They only need some guidance."

The adhiel extended his hand in a non-threatening way so he could pat the sergeant's arm. As he made contact, he lowered his voice and spoke in a peaceful tone. "May the Mother bless you, my friend. May She grant you peace and protect you always." He didn't know if there was any of the power of the Mother's blessing left in his body, but Dray attempted to channel it all into the guard if there was. It was intended to help the guard find peace and understanding of the whole situation.

Draydis gave the guards a bow of respect. "You have me figured wrong. If I had entered this place on a normal day, it would be quite different. You will see in time who I really am. Until then, know that I am here for the good of the people."

With that, the commander took his leave to explore the town. There was something wrong here, and Draydis had to find out why. But first, he needed to take a bath and clean his uniform. He was the Guard commander, and he was here to help the Mother and to recruit trainees. His appearance needed to reflect the honor of his position. The stirring creature inside of him would have to be less visible for now...

ooc: Craghley and Dray have a thread for the next morning already. They are waiting on a mod post. Perhaps the youth could show up in that thread?
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Thu May 01, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

"I camp over there. Please meet me at first light in the morning with your friends. We have much to discuss."

The muscular boy nodded in agreement and departed with the rest of his group. the sergeant was less friendly in his reply to Dray’s explanation.

“I don’t care about T’aquar, the Mother or the Emerald guard,” scowled the sergeant. “Just remember that this is the Western Kingdom. The One tolerates your beliefs here, so long as you cause no problems. And we do not require your help to quell trouble in this town. That is our job. My job.”

The soldier drew sharply back at the adhiel’s attempt to touch his arm and looked coldly as Dray recounted the Mother’s blessing. The adhiel felt no remaining trace of the Mother’s touch. Whatever power she had given him had now drained away.

“Be on you way,” hissed the sergeant unpleasantly before turning to stride off with his nervous companion.

(OOC: finished and locked for skilling).
Guido Cercatoro

Archived and skilled

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”