Pax - The Stone Cube ~ Chyril 27th, Early TT

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

The woodsman nodded in response to Mara’s thanks but remained silent. Nyrellon beamed an unmistakably affectionate smile towards him that broke her normally stern countenance. Vernon’s eyes twinkled in response.

“Vernon is my conscience,” said Nyrellon, cryptically. After a few flickers, her face returned to Mara.

“Now, tell me, what should I do with you? Do you seek spiritual guidance, to further your knowledge of the Father? Or, do you have other plans for wish you require my assistance? Or, have you sought me out to assist me in the burden I must bear for the citizens of this town? If it is the third path you seek, then I must warn you that troubled times are ahead.”
Last edited by Guido Cercatoro on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mara Zucaro
Civus

Post by Mara Zucaro »

"Yes." Mara answered simply. "Focusing on my faith was always secondary to dodging the Inquisitors and helping others. Now that I have time to breathe, I would like to learn more." Mara paused for a flicker. She knew the next part would sound naive but she had nothing to hide from Nyrellon.

"I did have vague notion of building a temple to the Father." Mara admitted. "To truly have a place where those of our faith could worship openly." Mara looked up. "But now I've seen the cube and the energies that surround it. I know something odd is going on in Pax. If I can help you, I will." Mara vowed.
Avatar by Sedone Thongvilay [url]http://www.sedone.com[/url]
Guido Cercatoro

The high priestess arched both her eyebrows as high as they would go as she digested Mara’s wish to build a temple.

“It is a noble and idealistic wish to build a temple. I wish that I…” Nyrellon sighed, spreading her arms wide. “In normal circumstances, it might be my duty to establish such a temple. However, I am afraid that other matters demand my attention at present. If you embark on this course, I wish you well, for I can only applaud those wishing to spread the faith. However, I would urge severe caution, for whilst freedom of worship is allowed here, we are still part of the Kingdom. There are those who will not look kindly on the establishment of a temple and such an endeavour may put you in danger.”

“As for deepening the understanding of your faith, well my time is limited. However, Ines is well versed in the Father. I will instruct her to assist you in you wish. And, there may be tasks with which you can assist me in the near future, for as you say so poetically, something odd is going on in Pax. In time, I will tell you what I know.”

The middle aged woman pulled her garments closer to her body as if she felt a sudden shiver. “I will call for you when I have the need. In the meantime pursue your studies and …other endeavours…”
Mara Zucaro
Civus

Post by Mara Zucaro »

Mara nodded simply. "I have but one other question and then I'll leave you to your work." Mara added. "Has there been any sign of Lasswen in Pax? Back in the Mouth they always said that you were being rounded up to be deported but there were rumors that not everyone made it here." Mara feel silent at that thought and looked up at Nyrellon with fear and hope warring in Mara's eyes.
Avatar by Sedone Thongvilay [url]http://www.sedone.com[/url]
Guido Cercatoro

“Lasswen’s fate is something of a mystery,” replied Nyrellon with a frown. “I have heard that she arrived here but departed immediately after she arrived. If this is so, it is most strange, for I would have expected her to seek me out. I have had no time to pursue this rumour; you may wish to do so. I would welcome news of her.”

“So many have been lost since the expulsions began.” The woman sighed as she lay back in her chair, closing her eyes. Her face was drained and tired.

Vernon smiled and beckoned Mara to leave.

(OOC: finished here I think?)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: Yes, and thank you!
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Guido Cercatoro

Locked for the skilling thingy :wink:
Guido Cercatoro

Skilled and archived

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”