Forest Gates; Jadmai the Whip 27th early TT

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

While the sight of the waterfall was indeed breathtaking to say the least, Shylah made it a point to scan their surrounding for any signs of what could have been causing the horrible smell. When she caught sight of the charred remains of several bodies scattered about the clearing, she gasped in horror. It was not long after, that she spotted a figure off in the distance bending over what looked to Shylah like another person. Immediately, Shylah turned her attention back to Jadmai and Laelas, "It looks like I am needed over there," she stated nodded into the direction of the achadhiel man across the pool, "Stay safe to you both, and Laelas, I promise to have your steed back safely."

Without a second thought, Shylah directed the white mare to the pool and cautiously made her way across. When Shylah reached the man who had beckoned her over, she could see the concern in his eyes and that is when her gaze fell upon the wounded Trajan. Dismounting the horse, Shylah grabbed her bag of medical supplies and pulled out her tabard, pulling it over her head.

"I will do my best to assist this man," Shylah said to the achadhiel man, now making her way to where Trajan lie, kneeling down beside him.

"My name is Shylah," she said to Trajan, as she pulled out a vile of liquified Gotu Kola, in order to give to the man, "I am a healer and I am going to need you to swallow this medicine. It will help relieve some of the stress you are experiencing and relax you, thus helping with the pain you are experiencing."

Holding the vile up to Trajan's lips, Shylah tilted it and allowed the liquid to spill into his mouth, "Okay, swallow."

If Trajan would swallow it, Shylah would then look to the achadhiel man nearby and ask, "How in the world did this man inhale enough smoke to sear his lungs?"
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

(OOC: I am NPCing both Jadmai and Trajan for the time being – the former due to his removal from the boards and the latter with his permission whilst he is incapacitated!)

As Shylah made her way over to the stricken man, Jadmai and Laelas dismounted and inspected the dead bodies.

Trajan swallowed the liquid offered by the healer and rapidly appeared to relax a little, his fit of coughing reducing in intensity. The achadhiel nodded with satisfaction at his companion’s improvement.

“How he became so afflicted is a tale that I can scarce believe. To put it briefly, we arrived at this pleasant scene and were assaulted by several dead, blazing dwarfs. If I told this tale in the gate, I would be rightly laughed out of the tavern.”

The achadhiel paused for a flicker, shaking his head as if he could scarcely believe what he had witnessed with his own eyes.

“In any event, Trajan inhaled the smoke given off by these devils. It has burnt and seared his throat and lungs no doubt. It would be bad enough if it was ordinary smoke but it is more than that. These dwarves were animated by some magic. My companions are investigating the culprits.” He gazed towards the top of the stone steps.

“Can you do any more for Trajan or should we get him back to the healer at Pax as soon as we can?” The injured man continued to wheeze and cough sporadically and was clearly in an almost comatose state despite his improvement.
Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

While what the achadhiel man told Shylah about the dwarven zombies did shock her, she wasn't sure what to make of it as she turned her gray eyes back to Trajan, trying to think about what she learned in Healer's School regarding smoke inhalation. There was only so much one could do for something like that, and she wasn't familiar with smoke inhalation due to a blazing zombie. This was all too foreign to the young achadhiel healer, but she was determined to help this wounded man. Of course, the only thing she could do was try the current methods for such cases.

"There is more I can do," Shylah told the concerned man, as she placed the empty vile back into her bag, "Is there a tavern that we can take him to? While I haven't a shop set up just yet, I am willing to look after this man until he is back in good health."

"I will take him on as my patient, and if for some reason I cannot fully revive him, I will take full responsibility in finding someone who can."
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro

Trajan was now semi-conscious but was babbling a little deliriously.

The achadhiel nodded in response to Shylah’s suggestion. “It would be wise to get him back to Pax as soon as possible. If we strap him onto his horse, you should be able to lead him back. I must stay here to assist my comrades.”

As the achadhiel was speaking, a puzzled Laelas arrived. He looked directly at Shlyah. “Your companion has departed,” he explained. “He mumbled something about a hermitage and then took off.”

Laelas dismounted from his horse and with a little effort the two guides lifted Trajan up into the saddle of his horse and strapped him in. The injured man continued to murmur and cough.
Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

Once Trajan had been securely placed upon his steed, Shylah looked at Laeles and asked, "Would it be possible for you to guide us back to the main road? I would be more than happy to compensate you for your troubles."

While she waited for the man to reply, Shylah grabbed the reins to the snowy mare and to Trajan's. Time was of the essence here, and she knew that this injured man's life now rested upon her shoulders. Shylah was a little worried, but the way she carried herself, one would never know.

ooc: End for me, unless it is deemed necessary that I continue here...
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro

Laelas agreed to guide Shylah and the injured Trajan back to Pax and the journey was made without incident.

(OOC: yes, fin here - this take us nicely in to your recess posts; I'll attend to both of your recess posts as soon as I can and then you can move on :) )
Guido Cercatoro

Skilled and archived

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”