The moonlit path ~ Mio, samheen 25th (OPEN)

Moderator: Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

The moonlit path ~ Mio, samheen 25th (OPEN)

Post by Syrawenn »

The silver strand moved through the darkness on it's own. Broad enough to allow people to walk it, small enough not to get entangled in it's own turns and junctions.

A moonlit path, a silver path. Dreamers might walk here, in search of their dream of the night, choosing their own or one of another they happened to know. Some were called out at night to join up in strange adventures. Others were drawn involuntarily to find closure or perhaps to follow an urge unrecognized at day.

Or one might be sent.

Mio was sent.
She followed the will o' the wisp which danced over the silvery road. On the left side a flaming bird guarded his dreamer, on the right an entire forest appeared out of nothing, a little group of three children running off to play between the trees. Further up ahead a man chose a left turn, nodding at the gigantic stone statue over the gates of the castle he invented.

Nishi.
The name drew her on until finally a mountain appeared on the right side. It was a familiar mountain, red skies glowering even though the ground did not rumble here on the safe path. Nothing sounded here on the path. It was completely safe here.
Would it be safe there?

No guardian stood in the way of this particular dream. Mio was free to enter.
Or to stay behind.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Some times and change from future into past without people have a chance of changing it.

Gwayne walked the path unknowingly that it belonged to someone else. The peace and quiet was like a balm to his battered spirit.

He was sick of longing to something that could not be possessed. Sick of blood, hate and pain in the night. So he sat down on the silvery path, waiting , watching for what would come.

He watched the mountain trying cut a piece of hope out of it. He looked into a pool of water. The view of his face, painted with all the symbols made him wonder how it would be without them. But for now it was peaceful and he would wait for things to come.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

Walking through shelves of books, and scrolls, and tomes, and maps, and...and...and....

The hall seemed to go on forever. Dartimos wasn't sure when he started walking or where he was. He could swear he had been here before. But he just kept walking. Even when the hardwood floors under his feet became grass and the ceiling above his head was replaced by sky. The walking was not tiring and he seemed to be making good time. Where ever it was that he was going.

He only knew that he must be getting closer. Even the shelves were gone now, replaced by rows of trees. The air was fresh and crisp, making him smile. Coming to the end of the glade he saw a pool with a man looking into it, lost in thought. His body, at least all that was exposed, was covered in markings and symbols.

No, wait Dartimos thought to himself as he got close enough to see the pointed ears and unnatural litheness of the body. It's an elf, or what do they call themselves? Adiel, that was it.

"Hello there" the young smith called out. "Do you know where we're supposed to be going?" Had he been awake, the apprentice's first question might have been, `Do you know where we are` but somehow, here, that didn't seem to matter.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc
Have fun socializing for a while...this is a dreamrealm, so you are free to take some liberties. As soon as Mio has posted I might jump in again and pester you all :)
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The pool had disappeared and a heap of sand had emerged. The adhiel was drawing a face in the sand. The face of a young woman. Sometimes he had to correct the lines because they where washed away by drops of water falling from his face.

Gwayne was so lost his his thought's that did not hear the approach of the young man and the words he spoke.

Mother why ? Why is it all so difficult, I left my home because I was different. The mercy bringer is always different, he can heal or give mercy. And I was not even human. So I was different already, not mutch change. But it made me lonely, Mother.

And now she is in my life, and she doesn't love me. But I love her Mother Goddess. And my heart pains when I watch in her eyes and feel the fain she carries. But her smile lifts my loneliness and fills my life with a warm glow. But I am dreading the day that I shall see her leave, one way or a other. Please Goddess give me the strength to at least to be able to talk with her. In stead of being so close by, and still so far away. So far way.............

He put down the knife that he used to draw the face. The face smiled.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.

Post by Guest »

The sight of the mountain gave Mio a strong feeling of relief. She recognized it, and turned immediately towards it, using it as an anchor to a far away reality.

Where are you, Nishi? she thought, scanning the mountainside with a desperate gaze. Please. I've come to help. But it seemed to be a useless plea. The mountain was giving away nothing, and although the release of recognition pulled her relentlessly towards it, Mio couldn't logically find a reason why Nishi should remain in the same place as the last time.

The little adhiel shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. What was logic in a place that thrived on imagination? Come to think of it, what was this place?

There were people here, she could feel it. Turning back to the path, she saw two people ahead and hesitated. Abigail had said to be careful...

'Hello?' she called, unwilling to shout in such a cavernous place. If only she could find out where she was in relation to... in relation to what?? It was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Dartimos was looking at the face formed by his new companion. He reached down and picked up his jewler`s hammer and chisel that lay on a rock next to him. Sliding the small blade underneath the edge of the face, he started tapping around the edge until cracks appeared in the sand all the way around the figure. With sure and steady hands, he lifted it from the sand, and brushing away the covering and exposing the beaten silver underneath. He set it back down, now polished and shining a formed mask of a woman`s face. "You can see the love in your work. She must be someone very special to you."

Hello

Dartimos looked up at the new voice. Coming down the path he saw another Adhiel, female this time. She was approaching slowly. Perhaps she doesn`t know where she is going either, thought the young man.

He pushed back the hood of his Gheran College robe, exposing closely cropped hair, a neatly trimmed Van Djyk, and an open smiling face. "Hello there. Do you know where we`re going?" Dartimos stopped after asking, standing still and thinking. This was the second time he had asked, but he still had no idea why a destination was so important to him.

Recovering his manners he stepped forward extending a hand. "Anyway, I`m Dartimos Hammer. I'm from Snowcrest, not that anyone knows where that is. He hand was clean and his nails trimmed, but well calloused. Reaching out had exposed his muscled forearm, which showed a long scar running up the outside.

Last edited by Dartimos Hammer on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne watched the young man create a mask out of the picture he drew.

When the man was ready he hold a beautiful silver mask in his hands. Then the man said "You can see the love in your work. She must be someone very special to you."

Gwayne watched the empty eyes of the mask, and said "Yes. but she is just like the mask, beautiful, special and with hollow eyes."

He bowed his head down again. Took a small peace of wood and and shaped it quickly into a statue of a young woman, who seemed to enjoy a invisible sun.

He waited again.

After Dartimos spoke to the Adhiel lady, he said softly "Dartimos, thats a good strong name."

He watched the little wooden statue dance......

Post by Guest »

Mio approached the two men with some hesitance. As she drew closer she could make out that one was a man, the other an Adhiel. A peculiar feeling of homesickness washed over the little adhiel at the sight of one of her kin, and she swallowed back an annoying lump, glancing up sharply at the man when he spoke.

'Where we are going?' she echoed, a small frown of confusion creasing her brows as she shook her head, a small chestnut curl falling from behind her ear. She brushed it away impatiently, 'I wish I knew.' she answered, giving the man a small smile, 'I... I know what I want to find, but not how to get there.' Gaining little confidence from this admission, Mio took his hand lightly and shook it, feeling the hard callouses under her palm with some surprise,

'I am Mio.' she said simply. The handshake felt formal, and she added, 'Nice to meet you, Dartimos Hammer.'

The little wooden statue beside the adhiel had begun to dance, and Mio let go of Dartimos' hand to watch it with a childlike fascination.

'Who is she?' she asked the adhiel quietly, never taking her eyes off the statue. Perhaps Nishi will come to me. Perhaps these people will help.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Sleeper, dreamer, guard on top
Guardian, wake and all will stop

Dreamer, dream, and weave the land
We'll be safe as dolmen stand

Sleeper, sleep, do not awake
Or our souls are theirs to take

Guardian, dreamer, sleeper still
Please protect us, if you will.

The words echoed through the strangely hollow place, a child's voice chanting it over and over again.

Around the threesome a small circle of five standing stones appeared, towering over them as the sky grew a steel grey. A low rumbling shook the ground, but did not touch the stones which were marked with symbols and drawings of spirals and mountains.

The wooden statue danced, tripped over Gwayne's toes and fell down, lying still after one last shudder.

As soon as the stones were erected, a heavier earthquake took all peace and quiet away, the dolmen swaying dangerously as the first cracks started to appear. With the threesome in the middle, they were at severe risk would one of the stones actually topple over.

Sleeper, dreamer, guard on top

All the while the chant continued.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

A scream left Gwayne's throat "NOT AGAIN, PLEASE MOTHER NOT AGAIN !!"

He rose quickly to his feet, grappling the small statue and holding it in his arms, protecting it from harm.

Looking up towards the moon, clearly non aware of the other two people who shared this dream.

"I know, I could not protect the Korey man, please Goddess, don't hurt them anymore."

He almost fell because of the earthquake. Then he jumped towards the dolmen. Ignoring the danger of being crushed by them he ran inside the circle. Pushing the large stone's in a desperate bet to keep them erect.

His face expressing all types of pain and fear at the same time he screamed again. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Reacting to the anguish in new companions voice more than anything else, Dartimos followed him to the stone pillar, now cracking and shifting as the earth continued to move. He reached out, his arms taut cords, as he strained to keep the pillar standing against the ongoing shocks.

"Get out of the circle!" he yelled to Mio. Small stones rained down on the three of them as the vibrations exposed flaws in the dolmen, breaking off chips and loose pieces.

Post by Guest »

Mio's breath came in short panicked gasps. Feeling suddenly with a sinking inevitability that the world was collapsing around her, she automatically put her hands over her ears to block out the male adhiel's screaming and stared frantically around her at the rising stones. She whirled to face Gwayne, her eyes pleading,

'No!' she cried, 'Please! Don't scream like that!' The little adhiel ran desperately towards Gwayne, putting her hands on his shoulders and shaking him, 'Stop! You're Dreaming! It's only a dream!' She glared at Dartimos, 'Help me!'

As the eery singing continued, Mio remembered another bodiless voice she had heard.

You are doing what you should...fighting the growing darkness. The time has gone for bystanders. All my children must stand and FIGHT...

Fight.... She grabbed Gwayne by the arm and attempted to drag him out of the circle. Little stones rained down on them and she hunched her shoulders against the downpour,

'Come ON!' she shouted at him, amazed at her own persistence. The time has gone for bystanders. Talking of bystanders...

'Help me! ' she shouted again at Dartimos, putting all her strength into pulling on Gwayne's arm. It can't be over yet Pan. I still have to find Nishi...
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Gwayne ran into the circle, oblivious of his companions. The wooden statue clasped under his arm he tried to prevent the huge stones from falling. Yet they were too heavy, too solid to just stop them in the midst of the terrible tremblings of the earth. Needing his full strength the Adhiel needed to stretch his arms, causing the wood to slip free and fall to the ground.

crack

A wooden arm came loose, hanging by a splinter.

The great dolman started to shift, forcing Gwayne's arms back despite all of Dartimos' added strength, looming over them as it slowly but surely made it's way to the ground. If the men did not get out of the way, they would be crushed as well as the wooden doll on the ground.

A woman's voice penetrated the chaos as Mio shouted at the men to get away from the toppling stones. It was hard to dislodge Gwayne's arm from the stone, as if they were cast together. It would be up to Dartimos to help her drag the Adhiel away, or go down together as the huge dolman went over the edge...

A hissing sound came from the base of the stone as it left the ground, opening up the gaping hole in which it had stood for yahren. Steam escaped and through the misty haze bones became visible, hidden under the stone for all this time. They were broken, fragmented, but still very recognizable as bones.

The stone almost reached the point of no return, ready to send the men to an early grave.

[/size]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne was barely aware of the little statue dropping down until ..."crack"
then tears flowed over his face.

He was unable to to stop the dolmen from tumbling over but also was unable to give up and release the large stone.

He just mumbled strangely....

"I lost her, she is gone. The stone's are gone. Goddess please. She is gone..."

O Goddess, please don't take Syrawenn away from the world, I shall leave her alone. Just let her go on.

Tears flowed again..

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

As the stone began to shift past the point of no return, Dartimos realized that he was not going to be able to keep it in place. He was standing directly in front of Gwayne, almost like they were dancing.

Darti's right hand dropped off the dolmen to grab the Adhiel by the belt of his pants while his left snagged Gwayne's right bicep. He stepped back in a circle while lifting the much lighter man in front of him and spinning them both back towards Mio.

He felt Gwayne's feet leave the earth, while the stone pillar, with nothing to restrain it continued its inevitable tumble to the ground. The stone hit the earth with a *thud* that was felt more than heard just as the three people landed inches away in a tangled pile of arms and legs. They were bruised and shaken, but luckily, no one was really hurt.

Although the same could not be said for the little wooden doll. Its condition could only be guessed at since tons of rock now rested on the ground above where it had fallen.

The apprentice tried to rise to his feet, but found he couldn't move. The edge of his cloak had been pinned under the dolmen, leaving him trapped, and a mute testament to just how close it had been.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne crawled away for the others, holding a small piece of wood that resembled a arm.

Its a dream, I should be able to recreate her.....I should !!

He concentrated on the piece of wood, but in stead of returning to its former glory it just turned to a grey form of dust. Like a Korey-man shifting over to the netherworld.

Shock played over his face. Then he softly started to sing.

Goddess, you placed my heart at the side of love
Goddess, now place my eyes between the stars above
Goddess, make my feet walk eternity and beyond
Goddess, Until I find love again.

Goddess, I offered my love and she returned it
Goddess, I tried to light the candle, but it stayed not lit
So now I am alone again
Going on because I can.

Goddess, give strength to those who fight the enemy
Goddess, give peace to those who see
Because the land is suffering and pain is here.
All what is left is the curse of fear.

He just watched the dust being blown away. Although some of it did stick to his tears and was washed away..
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Ooc: Sorry for the wait guys! :D

ic: The little adhiel felt herself hit the ground, closing her eyes tightly shut as her fall was followed closely by the two others. For a moment she just lay in the fray, shocked and bruised, but with a sudden surge of movement she dragged herself out from under the tangle of limbs and scabbled to her feet, breathing heavily.

The stone was broken, cracked in several places and lying inches from where they had fallen. Mio stood re-catching her breath, gazing at it absently. Moving towards it, she could see under where the rock had stood, and she started backwards with a small sound of disgust as she realised what was there.

'Bones,' she said shakily, moving with a morbid curiosity to get a closer look, 'and a lot of them.' She looked up at Dartimos and the other adhiel to ask for conformation, but stopped herself. Gwayne was singing, cradling the remains of the wooden doll in his arms and singing in that of the voice of a broken man, a man who has lost everything.

Mio opened her mouth to call out to him, but then closed it again, looking at Dartimos for help. How could she comfort a man who wouldn't even tell her his name?

She sighed, pressing one dusty hand against her forehead in an attempt to clear her thoughts. The task of finding Nishi was proving to be more and more difficult; she could just up and leave these men here, but she still wouldn't know where she was going. The little adhiel sat down, crossing her legs and tapping her fingers restlessly on her thigh. The bones lay like a grotesque effigy of death in all its glory, whilst the soft and broken voice of the other adhiel drifted heavily through the air around them.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Bones.
Broken bones.
Yellow fragments.

But bones nevertheless.

The rumbling subsided, leaving only their voices to break the sudden silence.

"The guardian is broken." A soft voice said next to Mio, a little girl's head peering curiosely at the broken dolman. "I guess that means the sleeper is awake too." She picked up a few of the fragmented bones with a sob. "No more dreams, no more safety. They'll come soon to take our souls."

The voice had a frantic edge to it, the girl's eyes wide at the chaos around them. Nishi -of course it was her- stared at the other two men. "I did not call them. Where is Isaac? I want Isaac! Someone has to warn my mom and dad! And...and...and...now what do we do?"

The girl stared at Gwayne while he sang his mournful tune. "He's almost gone too, isn't he? I think he's one of them, but he's too tall." She stepped towards the Adhiel. "Scuse me, have you come to take our souls away?"

[/size]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"Scuse me, have you come to take our souls away?", the wind carried the words towards Gwayne. A little girls soft voice.

"Scuse me, have you come to take our souls away?", the words rebounced inside Gwayne's head. strangely enough did every word burn a little, and combined they burned a lot.

His eyes searched for the source of the voice.

He swallowed a lump away and answered "Do...do...do you want me to do that ?"

His eyes reflected fear while he waited for the answer of the little girl.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Dartimos wiggled and twisted until his arms came free of the sleeves of his robe. Freed of the cloth pinned under the dolmen, he was able to get up. He looked down in the hole and shivered. Bones were not something he liked to think about.

"Scuse me, have you come to take our souls away?",

Dartimos walked over to the little girl and squatted down so thier faces were at the same height.

"I am not sure why we are here, but that is not the reason.

Immedeatly, and unbidden the question came to his mind. But why are we here, where are we going, and for that matter, where is here anyway?"

Post by Guest »

Mio had been staring at the girl with a mixture of astonishment and shock. It was as if someone somehwere had read her thoughts and brought her the little girl.

Thank you, Pan, she thought silently, unsure of who else to thank.
She watched Dartimos kneel beside the girl and finally found her voice,

'Nishi?' she said quietly, trying not to make the little girl anymore nervous, 'Isaac couldn't come. I came instead. My name is Mio.' she gave her a trembling smile, 'I've come to bring you back.'
Syra

Post by Syra »

The girl tilted her head at Gwayne. "Want to? Of course I don't want to! Don't you want to get out of here?" Her voice sounded so lively, yet her eyes were dull.

It was Dartimos' attitude which evoked a smile. Lowering himself to the girl's height he won her over immediately. "It's not the reason? I'm glad. Cause that would mean I have to be afraid of you and I don't want to be afraid. You're nice people."

She turned to Mio. "I like Isaac too. But I'm glad you're here. I don't like it here. Everything is broken now. You think they need a new dreamer?"

A twig snapped.
Around the last standing stones the forest moved in, throwing shadows before their reaching branches. Nishi gulped and moved towards Dartimos, grabbing his tunic.

Shheshshmm...sshhhhh....hesfffnmshhhhh

Whispers grew louder, words garbled.

"Don't let them get the bones!" The girl shrieked. "Don't let them get me!"

Little arrows flew out of the undergrowth.

[/size]

Post by Guest »

The world was black. Annwen was plunging through a world devoid of sight, surrounded by confusing sounds. Whispers seemed to come at her from all angles, a wordless, confused whispering. She couldn't see, did not know where she was, and in her panic, did not know where she had ever been.

Branches scratched at her arms and legs; were they branches, or fingers, clutching at her, holding her back? With a choked scream she tore forward, scrubbing at her eyes, desperate to see.

With a shriek she tripped, knees grazing as she fell. The adhiel thrust out her arms in pure fear, gasping for breath, as her vision flooded back in a confused mass of colours.

The colours merged into people as she blinked and looked up, scrambling to her feet. A man, two adhiel.... and a little girl.

'Don't let them get me!'

'Angelique?...'

She let out the half stifled gasp, then stopped. It was not Angelique, of course, but what did this all mean? Little girls when she was awake, little girls in her dreams? Oh, Pan, what is all this? she thought despairingly.

Wait... had she heard something about bones?
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

OOC: :oops: Eventually I will learn to watch which name I am posting under. :oops:

Rising to his feet, reached accross his body with his right arm to grab the girls right shoulder. As he spun to face the arrows, he pushed the young girl around behind him. "Stay behind me," he told her. "You'll be safe there."

He scanned the treeline looking for the source of the arrows.

With a shriek she tripped, knees grazing as she fell. The adhiel thrust out her arms in pure fear,

The apprentice's head swiveled. Who was this new person, was she one of the attackers, or someone else fleeing them. Keeping an eye on her, he continued to scan for the source of the arrows.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”