Councel of Dort [Closed] - Samheen 25th

Moderator: Mods

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Gwayne felt very shy in the presence of the stunning red haired lady. It was clear that Gavin liked her a lot. And it also seemed to be shared by the girl.

Gwayne swallowed something and decided that Syrawenn would not like this. He was a bit amazed that it brought no joy to him though.

"Is.... is ..... is she your girl.... uh wife or something Gavin ?" he asked. He stumbled a bit back into the shadows. Somehow he was sure that the lady or the odd creature that also appeared would laugh when they would see his tatoo's.

His eye's where large and filled with hundreds of different emotions when watching Amber and then Abner ...... and then Amber again.

He mumbled softly.

"And the Goddess came with hair as fire, and eyes that resounded the colour of the deep forrests. Would her heart burn as hot as the colour of her hair ?"

Then he realised he had said it aloud....and started to study the floor. His face red as possible.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber just looked at Syranwenn for a moment, and she felt a sudden spike of emotion as Gavin mentioned dreaming of her. She couldn't quite identify what is was... it wasn't something she felt very often, she knew that. But all thoughts of it were dashed away by Syranwenn's question. "Just before I came in here," she answered, and then her eyes widened. "Oh, I'd rather not think about that!" She shuddred. "It was a terrible dream... uughh... never mind. I don't want to talk about that. At least, I think it was a dream..."

Her voice trailed off, and then she shook herself, realizing that the Adhiel was speaking. "What, his girl!?" she all but gasped. She felt her temper flaring up suddenly. How dare he insinuate such things! Especially when the very idea of it made her feel warm inside...! "What business is it of yours!"

His next words made her blush even brighter than Gwayne himself was blushing. She gaped at him, her mouth working as if trying to say something. She crossed her arms, then uncrossed them and slid her hands up and down her hips nervously, then crossed her arms again, as if trying to decide whether to be angry or just incredibly embarrassed... or flattered. "Just... just watch what you say," she muttered finally, running a hand through her hair as she suddenly became very interested in the wall.
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Until Amber spoke Gavin just stared in disbelief at Gwayne. He seemed like a perfect companion for Syrawenn. I just hope he protects her. She seems the kind that gets into all sorts of troubles and she needs help. I really, really want to meet her. And to.... Yea, right. Kiss her. Then Amber spoke and Gavin felt warmth spread over him. It is her. Nobody could react like that to something, but Amber. So, she is real.

He had to laugh as he watched the three of them staring into various pieces of masonry. "Now, now, there. I never thought it would be like this. I see you three are worried about the sturdiness of the room seeing as you all are staring at the masonry, but I don't think it will collapse all around us." His grin clearly showed it was said in jest, one meant to draw their attention away from the masonry. "Now, to answer Gwayne before Amber's and he blind me with their blushing faces. This lass here, is my dear friend. Come to think of it one of the few friends I have." At this he put his hand across his shoulder and squeezed her gently. "But, I would not say she is my girl. I like her for sure, in more ways than I can count, but for now there is nothing between us." He looked her in the eyes and smiled. I am sorry, Amber. But, you are like a sister to me. I won't let you come to any harm. But, she's got me. He did not utter any of those words, and he only held her eyes for a flicker or so. Then he turned towards the other two. "There is no one whom I might call my girl at the moment. Though there might be in the future." His eyes sought Syrawenn's and he held them as he spoke. "I dunno. Maybe I found her already. I wonder if she feels the same?" A half grin split his lips at that and he paused a flicker to let the words sink in. He wanted to show her he remembered. But, she would have to figure it out herself. She is good at that. If she tires. Please, Syra, try to figure this one out. He did not realize it, but there was a plea in his eyes. Plea directed towards her. Then his gaze shifted towards Gwayne. What did he say? Was it a poem? A prayer? A love song? Uh oh, this is getting really interesting.

He wished he had more time to sort it all out. But, he knew there was too much to do and he was so alone in it. And although there were so many distraction he still remembered all that was said. He was not so confused anymore. So he turned to the red-haired girl next to him and turned her towards him and held her shoulders. He bent a bit and tried to make her look at him. "Now, I know it may be hard and scary, but tell me of this dream of yours. It may be important. And I would like to hear about what happened to you in Hafne. I am coming, but every little bit of information could be useful."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Whatever the goal was of this gathering, it was unraveling faster than a moth-ridden carpet. Syrawenn groaned as Gwayne went completely non-subtle and crashed through what might have been a nice, safe illusion with his incessant questioning. It did not escape her attention that the Adhiel suddenly seemed very taken in by the beautiful redhead -something she could imagine very well. It did not fit the love declaration so shortly ago, though and it made the girl wonder once again just what guys thought about her.

They think I'm stupid or something? That I'll jump into their arms at the first sign of swoony stars in their eyes? Fizzlesticks, I got better things to do! That Gwayne is as fickle as a chicken on a bad day...and I'm glad he is too! At least I don't have to feel bad over that anymore...

Then what is it I'm feeling so bad about?

The look in Amber's eyes when Gwayne fired off his questions might be the cause of that. Maybe it was the fact that the lovely woman was most certainly a dreamwalker and would undoubtedly take up Gavin's attention. It could even be the fact that Amber's reaction was so much like her own that it was like seeing herself in action. Most disconcerting for someone she tried to dislike very hard.

Gavin spoke and made it so much worse. There is nothing between them FOR NOW! DAMNIT, I knew it. She wanted to make a wisecrack about the walls and the ceiling, but her stomach just plummeted through the floor and somehow her head felt inclined to follow.

He says she's not his girl...but he says that's for NOW. He says he likes her...but he says maybe he found a girl already...he wants to know how she feels. Why is he looking at ME then. He was talking about AMBER. Who does he expect to answer? Who the flip is he talking about? ARGH! He was looking at ME! But...why is there nothing between THEM for NOW then?

And then that look in his eyes...there was...a plea? Was he asking her to understand? Understand what? WHO was he talking about? It was all too confusing to work out right now. They had other things to do.

When in doubt, turn to practical. Already Gavin turned to Amber to speak with her about the dream. "Well, at least she ain't a figment of yer imagination." Syrawenn mumbled. "Maybe yer one in mine." She continued louder so everyone could hear. "Right, guys, gal, we got work to do. It's all fun to stay here in the hallway and count the stones in the wall while clickety is clicking away, but I suggest that we move on. If any others are supposed to come, they'll come at the time and placethey are supposed to come and not a moment sooner or later or anywhere else. I've waited quite long enough. I'm going in. I'm sure we can talk further inside."

And if Gavin wants to stay behind with Amber, that's all fine with me too.

Too bad it wasn't fine. Her stomach was knotted up while the girl tried to weigh one observation against another, but again she came up even. There just was no way of telling what the big man had meant. Briefly she wondered what Amber would have to say on the matter...or what she thought.

Isn't that just typical...finally meet someone I like and it's in the one stupid dream after another while his real life already contains a cuty of lovely proportions.
Shuddup. You don't need anyone. Besides, it ain't smart to be with anyone anyway. People die, ya know? They die around YOU. If you want him to have a good life, you should stay away from him. Look at Gwayne: he almost got himself killed twice!
Yeah, you don't need anybody...so why'd you kiss him?
SHUDDUP!

Clamping her jaws shut the girl felt unexpected tears burn behind her eyes. This was not like her. She was not the crying kind. She didn't want to cry and she certainly didn't want them to see. Turning towards her favourite victim of the evening she surveyed the clicketyclick.

"I bet you don't hold all the answers either, eh?" She pretended to sneeze and wiped her nose on her sleeve.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber calmed down a bit as Gavin tried to lighten up the sudden tension that had developed around them. She didn't find his attempted joke particularly amusing, but at least she could sense his motive behind it, and she was grateful for it. She finally managed to get up the nerve to look at Gavin while he tried to explain things. She knew he was telling the truth about their relationship - after all, it never had gone beyond simple friendship - and she found herself wondering why she was a bit disappointed that he openly admitted that without any hesitation. After all, wasn't Gavin the sort of man that most women would kill to have as their special someone?

Her thoughts were interrupted as she found his eyes locked with hers, and what she saw in that gaze only confirmed his words. She looked away quickly at his next words, and his gaze shifted to Syrawenn; she knew what that meant, or at least she thought she did. Why did that hurt? Why did she care? She wasn't that sort of girl anyway; she didn't need a man looking after her. She didn't need someone to rely on. Friends were all well and good, but Amber had grown up in a rough and tumble environment. She didn't need someone special! She felt her thoughts leading into a vicious downward spiral, and she forced herself to forget it for now. Now was not the time or place for this.

She couldn't look at him as he took her by the shoulders and turned her to face him. She stared at her boots, her arms crossed protectively over her breasts, some wayward locks of red hair hiding her face. "I... I don't want to talk about the dream," she insisted quietly. "It... was just a nightmare, that's all." She felt herself starting to tremble, and vainly tried to put a stop to. "That's all it was." She abruptly changed the subject. "The keep... um, in Hafne... well, basically, not a whole lot happened at first. I was just trying to eavesdrop on people and find out what was going on, but before I could really learn much, a bunch of clansmen attacked the place. They were trying to rescue the girl, Jenny, or at least that's what they claim. There's not a whole lot of them, but they're good fighters; they overwhelmed the keep's defenders without too much trouble. The fight was fairly brief. They seem like nice enough people, but I don't know if they'd be willing to let me go. Last I heard, there was another army marching on the keep; one of the Clansmen said something about the Duke coming to take it back. They're getting ready for another fight."

She looked up at Gavin, another question forming. "What happens if I'm still there when the fight begins?" she asked. "If I have to fight, who do I fight against? The Clansmen, or the other army?"

She heard Syrawenn urging the others to start moving on, but she wanted the answer to this last question first. If she had to kill someone again, she didn't want it to be the wrong people!
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc Pardon for the intrusion upon postingorder...syra was nagging me!

Nightmares.
Syrawenn knew all about those and she knew all about not wanting to talk about em.

Biting the weird emotions back she turned, having made up her mind about how to deal with the current situation. She was not one to back off from a fight...not this one in any case.

With a few big strides she was back with Gavin and Amber and looked at them in turn. "Amber, tell when you can. Don't if you can't. Ain't yer fault. When a fight comes and you don't know where to stand, fight where it feels right."

Next it was Gavin's turn. "You..." Fierce green burning behind the grey eyes. "We need to talk. But not here, not now. But we need to talk..."

If you ever remember this dream...which I doubt...oh bother, bother, bother.

The girl refused to walk around without knowing what in blazes the big man had meant. Of course she wanted to believe he was talking about her. He had looked at her when he spoke...but the facts were that it could just as well be Amber, with an apology in his eyes for the hyperactive girl...especially when Syrawenn could almost see a mirror image of herself when she watched the redhead.

Well...in attitude then...I ain't nowhere near that heap of hair!
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"It's all right. No need to talk about the nightmare. Like she says. Tell us when you are ready. Or never." It pained him to see her like this, but he knew that nothing he did would make a difference. Not until he was by her side. Darn. I need to find them both. And they are so far away. Then Syra spoke and he turned to her. "I agree. We need to talk. To get a few things straight. Either once we meet or once we are done here. You choose."

He pondered for a flicker whether to tell Amber the truth about the army. If she does not know they can't make her talk. And if she does she can prepare. "That army you are mentioning. The Count leads them. I have taken a few men and I'll try to make peace before they arrive. When the fighting starts you kill whomever threatens you. And I'll try to be by your side when that happens." He turned to the ticking statue then and stared for a few flickers. "But, we should really go in. No sense in waiting for any other. This is it. The five of us are all that stands between the Tazlure and demons. Heh. It is really funny. So much to do and so few people to do it. So, Syra my dear. Lead the way. I believe our host said we go north."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne tried to be invisible. He felt miserably and trapped between his feelings for Syrawenn and the facts shown in the dream. A easy conclusion was that this was a nightmare.

Ambers reaction towards him burned like the lash of a whip. And Gwayne concluded once again that faeries where more logical and more easy to communicate with.

Folding his arms around himself, he hoped that would protect him from more pain.

O Goddess, why are you doing this to me. The only war I see in this room is one between friends and would be lovers.

He positioned himself behind Syrawenn, if there was something he could do it was keeping her safe.
The weight of the ritual knife somehow comforted him, gave him a purpose in life. Goddess wills.

Maybe I am not meant to have a real relation, maybe love is not for me. Syrawenn................

Aetya has called me a warrior, maybe thats what I am.

Suddenly a deep feeling of loneliness came to him. It almost brought tears to his eyes.

Bringer of mercy, Goddess will's

But somehow he was a bit jealous, at least they had a common care. Maybe even a common background being human except the dunny one. And he was nighter human nor a real adhiel. He felt like a painted freak.

Enough, self pity.........

His eyes focussed on the back of Syrawenn, at least something in this world was good, weird but good.... It brought a smile on his face, and strength returned to soul. Goddess will.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber nodded at Gavin's words, though they provided only a little comfort. Now she knew it would be all right to kill whoever threatened her, but it also meant that she might have to worry about twice as many enemies. Gavin wasn't the only one who hoped he would reach her before the fighting started!

She glanced north as he suggested they should start moving, or at least, in the direction she guessed was north. She couldn't really tell in this place. She felt for her knives at her belts, and sighed in relief when she found they were still there. "Um, where exactly are we supposed to be going?" she asked no one in particular. "I think I missed that part of the coversation."

She heard a rustle of movement behind Syrawenn, and saw that Gwayne was behind her. She eyed him for a moment, but it seemed like he was done with his comments, so she spared him the tongue lashing she felt she should give him. Comparing her to a goddess, indeed! He must have been half blinded by the darkness here or something, for there was no way that any man could mistake her for a goddess. She was just a simple farm girl, that was all. She supposed she could forgive him that mistake, as long as he didn't keep going on about it...
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Oh sure...ignore me...Let's see if I'll try and help ya again. I could tell you about nightmares. I know how to handle em. But I guess you won't hear that either. The girl set her jaw in a determined way, raising her eyebrow at the redhead as she folded her arms.

All of a sudden it was a lot easier to think of Amber as someone to possibly dislike. Ignoring was definitively the best way to get on Syrawenn's wrong side! Eyes turned back to a moody dark grey as she surveyed the redhead from a distance. Yet...Gavin obviously cared.

"We'll talk alright...later...if yer ever gonna remember this stuff." She mumbled. "If ya won't..." Syrawenn didn't finish that sentence.

The hyperactive youngster heaved a sigh. Nice people were a problem. Giving in to nice people was a bigger problem.

Bother. Better let him know we might be able to help then.

"We're around the clans." She offered, not looking at anyone in particular. Either Gavin or the woman would react to it or not. Syrawenn was not going to try again. "If we can get away from sir Peckish, I'm sure we can get to ya sooner than Gavin. Gimme more details about that place. Names of clan...we can get there."

Gwayne was still at her back. It felt...uncomfortable. Syrawenn shifted to get a view of the Adhiel. What she saw did nothing to reassure her. Shaking her head at the idiotic situation she once again moved towards the clicketyclack.

"If clicky don't talk
We will just walk
If clicky don't speak
We'll take a peek"

She stuck out her tongue at the humanoid and moved northwards. "All ye who doubt my sanity, follow me!" She mumbled under her breath. "My dear, eh? My nose!" And yet her stomach made another summersault.

Finally they moved. The girl felt better instantly. Boy, am I gonna feel silly for talking to a clock!
Last edited by Syrawenn on Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The girls seemed to be doing fine by themselves, but something seemed out of place between them. He could not place his finger on it, but it seemed as if the piece was missing. Nothing as big as his memory of Syra's kiss, but something was not right. I will have to pay more attention. Everything is important nowadays. "We are going north, Amber. And that should be that way." He pointed at a blank wall in front of them. "Now, I know there is nothing but the wall there, but this here is Aether. Dream realm. And the laws of nature are slightly different. No time to explain, but the important thing is the door might appear there. Or we imagine one to exist. No matter. It will become more clear once it happens. I think"

Then it was Syrawenn's turn. "I told you. I tried to remember. Only I did not succeed. Happens. I will try again. And again. Until I remember. But, we will talk. And you do make a good point. I presumed Amber was in Hafne Keep, but if that changed I would like to know." As she sang her song, he just smiled. Here we go again. "Lead the way. But, I feel we will need to wait until the clicky decides to let us through."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber stayed close to Gavin as she eyed Syrawenn. There was a strange young woman if she had ever seen one. Of course, Amber had been called strange herself on many occassions, as well as lots of worse things. Troublemaker, harpy, and it got worse from there. "No, I'm still in the keep," she replied to Gavin. "At least, unless something has happened since I fell asleep. Assuming this really is a dream and not some sort of weird magic thing."

She studied the wall in front of them, then glanced at the clicky. Naturally, she was curious about this whole thing, and curiosity didn't sit too well with Amber. It just had to be satisfied. She left Gavin's side - with another glance at Syrawenn - and approached the wall that Gavin had indicated, while staying well clear of the clicky. She reached out and touched the wall gingerly with a fingertip, half expecting it to disappear. Or maybe expecting something to reach out and grab her, and pull her in.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn listened to Gavin's words about remembering. "No worries, mister. I got a great way of making people remember..." If push comes to shove..I'll bloody well kiss him again! To the Nether with the consequences!

The thought was enough to let a careful grin grow on her face. It was not such a bad prospect, unless he was going to object, of course. Yet the grin disappeared the moment the redhead started talking...

It was amazing. If Amber had not responded to Gavin's questions, either, Syrawenn might have been inclined to believe the woman was just getting accustomed to the dream. But with her ONLY reacting to the big man, she had to conclude it was something else...and it was not helping.

With a low growl the girl turned around and only stopped when she was face to face with the redhead. Enough was enough. The youngster waved a hand in front of Amber's nose: "HELLO! Can you see me? I'm starting to believe yer a figment of Gavin's imagination after all cause you listen to him but SURE do a great job at COMPLETELY ignoring everything I say or ask! Well, for your information, I was trying to be helpful, but obviously you only want help from guys or something...either that or I've become the most noisy unheard ghost in history!"

Syrawenn walked around the little group as they faced the north wall, her eyes flaring. "Screw it all, go ahead, be heroes and stuff. Have fun entertaining each other. I'll be the one in the back keeping yer arses from being attacked while you pretend I'm not here. Don't worry, I won't come looking for ya in wakey wakey land. Obviously you don't NEED any help!"

She was mad. Really, really mad. Had it only happened once, it could happen to everyone. But this was the second time in a few flickers and she had asked a direct question! Even a question aimed at helping the redhead out of her predicament. Why was Amber being such a bitch? Was it because of Gavin?

Syrawenn shot a look at the big man. It was hardly his fault being the one Amber lavished her attentions on. Yet it stung to have the beautiful woman only reacting to him like she and Gwayne did not matter. Her next look was on the Adhiel. He was impressed with Amber, she could tell.

What is it with him and redheads? Pfah, good luck getting through her thick skull! She ain't seeing anyone but Gavin, mister! How much do we bet she's got a crush on him? I seen that look!
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Something in the sound of Syrawenn's voice told Gwayne "Trouble" it could be the tone, or the fact that she screamed it in front of Amber's face.
If he would do anything, he would be bitten by eigther Syrawenn or Amber, sometimes life really, really, became interesting.

It looked a bit like a meeting of priestesses. But it could end in using of weapons or worse...nails, teeth....and bad attitudes. Women where more nasty to each other then men ever could be, it seemed.

On impulse he made sure that he stood in between Syrawenn and Amber although he wanted to take out the knife he would not. But he would go to the netherworld and back before he would turn his back towards eigther one of them.

Bloody Gavin, do something about this.

His mouth twitched a bit, he was even less important to any person around . And he never complained about it. But now he started to get annoyed himself. A deep sigh left his lungs. And before he knew it he growled towards Gavin.

"Blasted Gavin, can you keep these cats away from each other ? We are here to talk, and they start a bloody war themselves !!! So bloody marry one of them or something........"

Then a sudden feeling of anger flowed right through him.

"I really don't understand you people , you behave oddly. Even now you try to fight each other. A war is coming, terrible time's are ahead with families being separated and loved one's lost into the darkness."

Tears started to flow over his face while his head turned downwards to the floor.

"You people don't appriciate what you can have, you just fight over what you don't have. I would prefer you all not to ignore each other."

Then maybe more talking to himself....

"Friendship and love are things you can not fight over, you can just hope that they come your way and then make sure that they stay by sharing it. So you people should fight a other war then one amongst yourself. But at least reach out to each other."

Goddess, when do they learn !!
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was a bit taken aback by Gwayne's outburst, not to mention Syrawenn's just a moment before. She found herself gaping at them once again, and again from embarrasment and shock. She hadn't realized she was ignoring the other girl. She had simply been so happy to see Gavin there - not to mention confused by the entire dream setting - that she was having a hard time dividing her attention properly.

"Um... I'm sorry Gwayne, I didn't mean to upset you," she said softly into the moment of silence after his outburst. "I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything, I just... I'm just confused, that's all." She looked over at Syrawenn and made herself meet the girl's eyes. "And I'm sorry for ignoring you Syrawenn." She tried to make herself sound truly sorry, and she was, but she was having a hard time. When anyone lost their temper with her, especially another female, it was natural for her to respond in kind. But she didn't want to do that here - Syrawenn could make a valuable and good friend, and she seemed to mean something to Gavin as well.

"I didn't mean to ignore you," she went on. "I've already told you everything I know. I don't know which clan took the Keep, or really even why. All I know is that... I don't want to be there anymore. Anywhere else would be just fine, just not there...."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Amber had ignored her twice, while making googoo eyes at Gavin. The latter was of a lower priority right now, no matter how Syrawenn wanted it to be differently. It was the former which pissed her off royally. They were trying to make something of a plan! People should try and pay attention to questions! Of course her own outburst had been nothing but reasonable!

Gwayne's however, did not make sense at all. Syrawenn glared at the Adhiel while he went through some weird phase of self pity, rambling about friends and family while they were nowhere on the schedule to be discussed.

MARRY one of them?

"Gwayne, BUTT out if you've got nothing relevant to share!" The girl snapped at him. "If we were at war, one of us would be dead right now. So quit the loveydovey words and SNAP out of it. As for you!" She turned back to Amber.

"Apologies accepted." Some of the dark clouds left her eyes. She always felt so much better after a good blow out. Of course it was something of a shame that the apology came so early, but they didn't exactly have all the time in the world.

"Right, now that we're all on the same page again, I can't help but notice that absolutely nothing is happening here." The youngster looked around. "Nope, absolutely nothing. So, if anyone can tell me what the area looks like where you're being held, Amber...I'lll try and draw it on here and we'll plan from there."

With a swift motion the girl got a piece of parchment out of her bag. A small stick with a charred top was next. "Ready when you are. Let's get practical people, if we just keep standing around here, the world might just decide to leave us hanging."

And I will NOT stay with Peckamania and his lot!
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was just about to answer Amber when Syra burst out. For a flicker he was surprised that she reacted in such a way after so little time. He knew better than to ignore her, but Amber did not. So her reaction was somewhat unexpected. But, then Gwayne managed to shed a bit of light on the situation. Marry one of them? What the Nether is he talking about? Oh, wait. Oh, bloody wait. She thinks that Amber and I... And could it be that Amber thinks I.... And they are.... And.... And..... And..... The big man barely stifled a groan. A quick glance at all the gathered people and he just shook his head. Bloody perfect. As if I did not have enough problems. Sure, pile it up a bit more. Gavin can take it. Well, guess what? Bring it on.

But, that moment of self pity mixed with resignation and rage quickly passed. And the big man started thinking about the facts he just got. Amber and me. Bloody Nether. Why not? She is pretty, and nice when not angry, and I like her. And she seems to like me. But, then I had to go and meet the chaos in the little bottle over there. In a bloody dream. Great, fuckin' great. I don't meet a decent girl in years and then I meet two, no make that three girls in a few days. Bloody great. And to top that I go and say all the wrong things.

He was not really paying attention to the fight around him and the way it seemed to die down a bit. His brain would catch up in time. Oh, but it gets better. I dash away to save Syra and leave Rosalie at a bloody Ball. And I hurt Syra in the middle of the bloody Nether. And then I tell Amber there is nothing between us. And, I can bloody well guess I said a few more things one girl or another figured out the wrong way and got hurt. Girls and demons. I wonder which is worse?

As the apologies flew around he realized it was his turn to speak. "Keep them from fighting? Why would I do that? They are big girls. They know what they are doing. I told them times were dark and that it is not looking good. They know that. They know they need to work together. And neither of the pair ignores what others say. Right?" There was a slight note of sarcasm in his voice. And he looked at both girls in turn as he spoke. "Now, since we all know we need to work together, I'll leave the two of you to sort this whole Keep and Clans things out and go see if I can find a way ahead. Care to help me Gwayne?" And without waiting he strode to the northern wall and started to examine the masonry there searching for the way through. The change in his mood was obvious. And somehow he did not care to hide it.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne did shy away as usual. When Syrawenn snapped at him he stepped back. Then he responded softly .... "It would probably be you...." anger was in his eyes. For the first time he was really angry at Syrawenn. "I have already killed for my people." he resumed softly.

Then ignoring everything he moved away to help Gavin, searching for a entrance in the wall.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was beginning to think that things were really going to get out of hand when Gavin started in with a bit of a tirade of his own. For some reason, the sarcasm in his voice hurt a bit, even though she knew it wasn't really directed at her. Still, she realized that part of this current situation was her fault, and it shamed her a bit. She hadn't mean to offend Syra or make the two men mad in anyway, but she had anyway. She just swallowed though, and kept silent, her eyes following Gavin as first he, then Gwayne moved off to take a closer look at the northern wall.

She was so caught up in watching him, that she almost, almost forgot to pay attention to what Syrawenn was saying. She looked back at the other girl and took a moment to try and collect her thoughts again. "Uh, well, I'm not really being held, per se," she tried to explain. "You see, the clan that took over the keep, they're not really sure who I'm working for. Hell, I'm not even sure who I'm working for anymore!" She shrugged. "Currently, they've left me free to move around to keep, although that little girl, Jenny, is constantly with me. She's a strange one; I don't much like her. Used to getting her way, likes to manipulate people. Gets mad when you're too smart to play her game. Anyway, I've been sleeping in the room they assigned me, one of the maid's quarters. It's small, out of the way, like you would imagine for servant's quarters."

She paused, hoping that she had explained things clearly enough to Syrawenn to be of help. "Um, that's about it, that I can think of," she finished.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Has everyone gone NUTS? And they call ME weird! Sheesh! MEN!

Syrawenn stared at Gavin's back, unable to come up with a good answer because frankly, right now nothing the men said or implied made any sense at all. "You know what?" She finally managed. "I think this is just perfect. Yup, it is. You guys can go stand in a corner moping around while we get practical here...honestly, I don't see what yer all getting worked up about! Everything is fine here!"

With that she wanted to turn to listen to Amber's story...when Gwayne made his final remark.
Syrawenn's eyes grew dark.

"Go screw yourself, Gwayne. I don't need your insinuations. If you got a problem with me, spit it out right now. If not, shut the fuck up and swallow your gall cause we need to stand together here! But I guess you'd rather go and feel sorry for yourself or something. Fine, you wanna be angry with me? GO ahead! But if you wanna say something, at least have the guts to tell me what is biting your ass right now. And if you'll excuse me, I got some planning to do here with Amber...with whom as you might have noticed I am not fighting."

She turned again. "Right....let's see what we got."

It was a bit of a let down to hear Amber's story. Not only was there no making of layouts, the situation was a bit more complicated than expected too.

"Hrm. Okay. So basically we don't have to deal with the ground but with the people moving." She mused. "And this Jenny...that's the one this is really about then? People want to take her out of there and you're not sure where you fit in...can I ask something really stupid? You can kick me if it's too stupid, but I just wanna know...how'd you end up there in the first place?"

Syrawenn tilted her head, curious for the answer. The working question was not really all that interesting. Ambers intents when she got there, were!
Last edited by Syrawenn on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

If the memory of their last fight was not vivid in his mind, Gavin might have said something to Syrawenn. But, he just walked to the northern wall and bit his lip in anger. Damn you, Syra. You too, Amber. Why in the Nether do I like the pair of you? Why can't I meet a nice lady and fall in love with her? But, no. I have to go for the challenge. And for the first time in ages he was too angry to pay attention to what the others were saying. And then the wall was before him and with full power his fist connected with the masonry. The glove he wore absorbed a part of the impact, but it still sent a sharp lances of pain up his arm. But, it served a purpose. He was back again, and anger no longer blinded him.

For a flicker he thought about going to Syrawenn and kissing her in front of everybody to make her uncomfortable, but an evil grin was all came out of it. Damned girl. I can even be mean to her. Even when she is doing her best to drive me crazy. Heh, a lady would be nice, but I like this better. Guess, I am as mad as they get. All right now. Wall and passage through. He turned to Gwayne and smiled. "She is driving you crazy, too? Now, let us see if we can be less creative then them and find a way north to our host." But, he also listened to what the ladies were talking about. And now it became interesting. Yea, Amber. Why did you go there? While me and Abner were almost dead, you up and left. Explain that.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Throughout the foregoing, Abner had been "present," but only barely so. He still felt like he was encased in a viscous fluid that impeded his movement and muffled the conversation of the others. He guessed from the raised voices and animation of the others that something rather significant was going on. The gnome kept trying, without success, to break away from whatever it was that constrained him.

Finally, after some series of dream-contortions he would never remember, there was a loud POP, which may or may not have existed only in the gnome's mind, and Abner jerked into phase with Gavin and the others. he was a little disoriented but even so, he could sense the tension in the air between his two friends and the two newcomers. The little scientist looked slowly from one to the next.

"Ummm. Hulloo," he finally said, hoping to break the ice a bit. "I think I am here now. Could someone tell me where 'here' is?"

[OOC: Hi, all! I'm back from holiday travels. Should be able to participate regularly now. I see everyone's been making friends while I've been gone. :? ]
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne ignored Syrawenn's voice until a large popping sound made him jump skyhigh.

His first angry look was at Syrawenn, the suspected source of the sound, then his attention shifted to Abner.

"What are you ?" he said... his eyes large in amazement and well, joy.

"Are you a faery ?". he asked Abner.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber swallowed nervously at the venom in Syrawenn's voice as she retorted at Gavin, but she wisely kept her own mouth shut. She'd already made a fool enough of herself by going all wide-eyed over Gavin all of a sudden, and mistakenly ignoring Syrawenn twice. So she just kept her mouth shut, and waited until the other woman turned her attention back to her.

"As far as I know, yes, Jenny is the reaon that the clan attacked the keep. Throughout my time there, I was beginning to suspect that, while she was just a young girl and has no unusual powers that I know of, she wasn't just an ordinary girl. She's very observant for one so young, and she's nosy too. She likes to manipulate people; more than once I found myself talking to her more than I intended to. It was obvious to me that she didn't belong there. Whether she was kidnapped or deliberately placed in the keep, I don't know, but it seemed to me she was trying to get out. And then, when this clan showed up and started attacking the place, she got all excited and said they were there to rescue her. I'm not entirely sure that was the only reason, but it was at least part of the reason, it seems."

She listened to the question Syrawenn thought may have been stupid. To Amber, it wasn't a stupid question, but it was one she wasn't sure she could answer entirely. "The Count wanted me to go there," she replied. "After that... creature... attacked us - Gavin, Abner, myself, and the Count - at his estate, he wanted me to go to the keep and report to him anything I thought might have been important. He didn't really give me any reasons as to why he chose that particular place, or even what, in particular, that I should report to him." She shrugged. "Either way, this attack by the clan is the first thing of any interest I've come across."

She started a bit as Abner rematerialized, and she glanced over at him. "Abner! Hello... I'm glad to see you're all right. It's been a little while, hasn't it." She glanced at Syrawenn, wondering if perhaps the other girl couldn't answer the question better, but she figured she'd try to do it herself. "I... I think we're in some sort of dream," she said. "I don't think any of this is really happening, at least, not outside our minds..."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The transparent person popped in. It wasn't just an expression, he really popped!

It evoked a grin on the young girl's face and she looked around to see how the others would react. Surprisingly enough Gwayne seemed to use this appearance as the perfect excuse to ignore her.

So basically he can say and insinuate anything he wants and doesn't listen to anything anybody else says. Doesn't matter what others think, eh? Only your own little world counts. I'll remember this, Gwayne. We're not through yet, not by a LONG shot. Or maybe we are. The grin vanished as the Adhiel refused to acknowledge her.

It was a good thing Amber took on the explanation for Abner, because right now there were a lot of things Syrawenn wanted to say, none of them particularly fitting for the faint or the weak of heart.

Taking a deep sigh she released it slowly, trying to keep her thoughts on what really counted. Obviously Gwayne did not fall into that category anymore. She rehashed Amber's information time and time again to find the interesting tidbits. There was a strange hesitation in her story.

She ain't sure of stuff. I don't think she has a clue right now.

"Well, why didn't you ask him what you were going to do there? Seems a bit weird to just go without purpose, ya know?" Syrawenn inquired, still highly irritated by the fact that the situation hurt more than she'd care to admit. "Have you asked the girl why she needed rescuing? Why she was there?"

These were such basic questions that the youngster was surprised Amber had not asked in the first place.

Amber's small explanation of the situation itched for elaboration: "Oh, mister Pop-up, she got it right. This is a dream...but a controlled one. Not sure yet who's in control, but you'll find you can change stuff. Yer a dreamwalker right now, not just a dreamer. Enjoy it. Or not. Depends on what you make it, I guess. And somehow we all seem to be expected...by someone who doesn't open the door in the first place. Interesting, yes?"

Return to “Erulzat Archives”