Blood Moon Prophecy (Sam 27th GT)

Moderator: Mods

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Celestine's glass prison slowly gave way. Melting to the ground, it set her free, allowing her to fall down to the hardened sand beneath her feet. The wounds on her belly still bled and hurt, but she was free once more. From where she stood voiced were audible. Several of them. Both male and female in what appeared to be an argument. Words were not distinguishable, but several did seem clear. Words like Joy and Fight. Not much more. They were visible in the distance, but it was too dark to recognize anybody.

As Barrett spoke, the god of Passion looked at the tall Querist. Eyes flaring with anger, warmth was drawn from the air. Suddenly it became cold around the little group. Suddenly, the entire desert became cold. Pan's breath came out in big clouds of steam as his fists clenched and unclenched in rapid succession. Standing up, he released a mighty roar that echoed all across the barren plains.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Glass shattered from the power of the Horned One's voice. It almost had the power to make mortal ears bleed. Everything was muted by the loud buzzing as it died down. Pan stood amidst them all and glared at each in turn. "ENOUGH!" That single word struck with a force of a sledgehammer, shaking the ground bellow their feet. Pan's form seemed to grow in his rage. Indeed he grew almost two feet in height and gained a much wider torso as his muscles bulged. "Enough!" Much softer now, it barely managed to break through the buzzing in the people's ears.

Calming down a bit, the goat legged God slowly brought his breathing under control. "Enough." His fists slowly unclenched. "You talk of unity. You talk of alliance. And yet, all you do is fight amongst each other." His gaze passed Sevti and Fialessa. "Both your plans have merits. Perhaps if you stopped you might make a new plan." A pause and another significant look. "Together. You said it was needed." His hand swept across the plains. "We had a unity before. All these people gathered for a single cause. We had unity. And then we had death. I don't want that to happen again. I won't survive it next time."

His hand pointed at where Celestine lay. The glass beneath her rippled and a wave brought her closer, depositing her at the God's feet. "You say so much, yet nobody listens. Nobody heard the cries of this woman. He is my child, just like you." With kindness this time his eyes fell on those gathered. "Unite. Truly unite. Do not fight each other. Be ONE. Only like that can we beat him. He is Unity. That is what makes him strong."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

Celestine looked in surprise up at her God, shocked at the transition from that glass tomb to being here, at Pan's feet. She'd heard the roar, how could she not?, and feared she knew not what.

Now she looked up at the gathering of other people, the ones Pan was admonishing. She didn't recognize any of them. Carefully, mindful of the burning pain in her stomach and side, the adhiel woman got to her knees. She bowed to Pan, the short blonde braids that remained of her once hacked-off hair fell forward in a wave of sunshine and multi-colored ribbons. She couldn't do anything about the rest of her appearance, or the great spider-bite marks in her side and stomach. "My God, I thank you for your kindness." She blushed warmly and noticeably at being called Pan's child.

She looked around at the others with wide lavender eyes. "I do not know who "he" is, but if it means that I can help save our brothers and sisters, I am willing to help you as best I can. I am Celestine Elessia, Student at the Red Rose Guild and initiate at the Temple of Pan in the Citadel." She seemed to recall something at that point and she whipped her head around to look up at Pan. "Oh my God, the Temple! My Lord, the monster spider is still loose there! I could not stop it and it is still a danger to anyone who comes there for sanctuary, and possibly to Lady Leafwhisper." She swallowed heavily, the reality of her death still not having settled in yet. It was hard to accept, especially with the pain she still felt in her. She looked at him, then at these others that she hoped were siblings in the faith that she could aid. She wanted to do something to save her fellow Panlings, at the Temple and elsewhere, if she could.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

Fire, flames all around. Just fire. No fuel, no air, no smoke. Just fire.

Dartimos started to scream as he was burned. Except that he wasn't. Burned. He was as much fire as everything else around him. And then the fire pulled back leaving him standing, again made of flesh and blood and bone, on the sands of a desert.

Looking up a dune, he saw in the distance a group of people. He didn't know why or how he knew, but they were why he was here. Digging his feet determindly into the sand he began to climb. The sand was slippery and he had to keep his eyes on his feet to avoid falling, but the clear still night air carried the voices to him.

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestine's glass prison slowly gave way. Melting to the ground, it set her free, allowing her to fall down to the hardened sand beneath her feet. The wounds on her belly still bled and hurt, but she was free once more. From where she stood voiced were audible. Several of them. Both male and female in what appeared to be an argument. Words were not distinguishable, but several did seem clear. Words like Joy and Fight. Not much more. They were visible in the distance, but it was too dark to recognize anybody.

As Barrett spoke, the god of Passion looked at the tall Querist. Eyes flaring with anger, warmth was drawn from the air. Suddenly it became cold around the little group. Suddenly, the entire desert became cold. Pan's breath came out in big clouds of steam as his fists clenched and unclenched in rapid succession. Standing up, he released a mighty roar that echoed all across the barren plains.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
"Enough."

murmer / mumble

"You say so much, yet nobody listens. Nobody heard the cries of this woman. He is my child, just like you." With kindness this time his eyes fell on those gathered. "Unite. Truly unite. Do not fight each other. Be ONE. Only like that can we beat him. He is Unity. That is what makes him strong."

The young Apprentice knew of whom they spoke. As Celestine spoke he reached the group and looked around. Mostly adhiel, some human, and one OTHER

"There must be no more killing in his name. You will die. I will die. He will die although he doesn't understand that. I asked the spirits of the fire "How do I cure an insane god?" and they brought me to you. How do I help you stop him, before he cannot be helped?"
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti's cheeks flushed with shame. She had never before ignored another's suffering, yet in her anger, she had done just that. She had forgotten the problems of others for what she had deemed to be the far more important problems that she was embroiled in.

She knew that her Lord was right. They needed to put aside the bickering and find a way together. But... Sevti refused to believe that giving up Pan's Isle would be that way. There MUST be a solution that would save them all. If they could all just think a little harder...

No answer came to mind, so she did the only other thing she could think of. She walked forward until she stood by Celestine's side. Fighting back the awe at being in the presence of a true Rose, she knelt beside the girl to help her rise fully to her feet. "'He' is the cruel God, Dominicus," Sevti informed her. "His followers have come to Pan's Isle with blood and death."

Swallowing, she looked up to her Lord, briefly meeting his eyes. "As Lord Pan has reminded us, we must find a way to unite and drive them back." She turned her gaze to each of the people that stood around. "If we can but bring all those who are threatened by the Jealous One togeher... but how?"

When she was once more on her feet, she placed a hand on Celestine's arm, then reached out to touch Barrett in much the same manner. She might not be able to devise a plan, but the unity of their selves here, touching one to another, had to be a start. She hope the others would see it as well.

Before she could say more, another figure joined them. Someone else willing to join them, someone else that knew of the danger they all faced. The panling girl wished she had another hand to draw him in as well. She wished she had enough hands to touch each of them. But she did not.

Instead, she tried to answer him. "At the moment, I know nothing more to say than 'join us'. Get as many of your people to do the same. Show this God that we will not be beaten and together we can and will be stronger than He. Refuse to stand by and let Him take what he wishes. Don't let Him take another step easily. Fight him every flicker until He knows that this is pointless."

She looked sadly at the newest arrival. "I cannot believe that what He is doing to those who will not follow him are the workings of a sane mind. It may already be too late to save his sanity. All we can do, I fear, is fight because reason won't work."

She turned once more to her Lord. "Whatever we learn here, whatever we decide... will we remember them, Lord Pan? Will we bring them with us when we return?"
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

Barrett resisted the urge to shrink back from Pan’s outburst. His own deity demanded that he remain unmoved and stand behind the advice he had given. Still, the echoing cry and the shattering of glass, the sheer display of power (even if it was in the Aether) made the querist’s heart skip a beat.

So what followed came as something of a relief. Kinder words, words of unity. And still with the underlying anger of a god under attack. At Sevti’s touch, Barrett flashed the Panling a friendly smile. He was not fond of such displays, but he understood that it was the way of these particular faithful. Since he was technically an intruder in their place, the least he could do was match their communication style.

The newcomer was even more of a puzzle. Could it be a Westerner? Here? Suspicion caused the Dortman’s features to harden into an emotionless mask. But the words were right.

Barrett was not sure he considered Dominicus as mad or insane. If the Western Kingdom had expansionist goals, then did it not follow that the god was acting in the interests of his people? But the One had turned a blind eye to the threat of the Nether. Or worse, had allowed it to invade as part of his plan to undermine the other gods. And that was the act of no sane being. In the frustrating manner of intuitive thinkers everywhere, the querist spoke his thoughts aloud, to no one in particular.

“Does not the wellbeing of this god lie with fulfilling the needs of his people? If the Western Kingdom wishes to spread out and conquer the known lands, the behavior - though extreme - is not so senseless. Perhaps the fault is to be found with his followers or his avatar? Or is there a more sinister origin to this god than our own?”
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

"Avatar? What is an avatar?" The young student turned to the querist. "All I know is that the last time I went to the Temple to pray, the Spirits of Fire showed me the building through their eyes. It was cold and ashen, whatever love and grace Dominicus had was no longer there. It was as though a fire had been banked to last, but not tended properly and had burt itself out."

"I don't understand what is happening, I only know that this cannot be allowed to continue. The exile to Pax Balthazar was wrong. I stood up then and said so, but I let others silence me because of my fear. I will not be silent again. But I must find a way to be heard."
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Was he... at the fort? ... With the Panites? ... With Ayla?

Who said what where? How did he find himself here? It felt like... the chamber of Molten, only... not Molten.

Not Molten?!

He shot up from where he lay... in an alien place covered in red and black firey robes. His hair was insanely long and loose... wild and free. The insignia of Molten was branded into his chest, visable under the folds of the robe. His blue, purple speckled eyes examined the place, unsure where he was or who he was around. His obsidian skin and pointed ears made known his race. His heart sank as he saw some of the bodies... and realized that this place...

Was the tragedy made reality. His breathing was fearful at first...

Then, he turned his head to the Horned One...

<Adhiel>
"Can I communicate with more than one god?" Ssinith inquired aloud.

He gulped, wondering what to say to another god which he did not worship... but he looked so sad... it didn't take an Archmage to figure out why either. He slowly stood up and gave a respectful bow, but did not do so in a worshipful fashion. His god was Molten...

<Adhiel>
"Salutations, Horned One... Your power likely already knows who I am, but I am Ssinith D'Illil-Devir... Firebrand of Molten."

~Poor spirit... ~ He thought to himself

"You... probably know what is going on with my people, and I am sure Molten would have not allowed me... however it happened, into your presence without reason. But..."

He swallowed for a moment, allowing Molten into his heart... his face changed into a young and timd boy into that of a leader.

"Know this. The Oneists are our enemies as well and have taken from us, despite not as much as they have taken from you. I have made contact with your people, though I am unsure that they will be so quick to accept me considering the history between your Isle's people and mine. Though my god is not your dark little sister, her people are also the people of Gulanadur."

His fist shook with that same rage which overcame him during his speech at the gathering for the Ascencion.

"I do not understand all of your ways, but I DO understand rage and helplessness, Horned One!" He shouted, pointing to the glass.

"At the same time, I can not fathom your people! I bear no hostility towards them, but I am bloody frustrated at trying to figure out your followers! Explain it to me! Please! Why are they not taking matters into their own hands?! Are they so simple to believe that they can do nothing for their god?"

He looked back at the others here, breathing hard... not knowing if they were Panites or something else. Taking a hand to his long gnarled hair, he knelt down in sorrow at the scene, taking in how many bodies there really were in the glass before weeping himself...
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Things stopped making sense, more people appeared and their words and thoughts confused her. Little would be solved as long as everyone thought they were the only ones who were right. And that was the real threat. Until the Panlings truly sought to agree, they would be lost. Survival would bring them together, perhaps. Unity and survival were tied in an endless circle, they must unite to survive and they must survive in order to unite...

Holding the image of her wounded god in her eyes and his pipes within her small hands, Fialessa found her surroundings fading from her. She could not help here, this wasn't the place for it, she would wake now...
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

Something deep within the Querist understood the nature of his sleeping travels into the Aether. It also understood the dangers to which his spirit was exposed during such travel. The mandate of learning, of making contact with another deity and another sect had been fulfilled. Even the temptation of new information offered by the arrival of others - Can all of these forces be united?[i] - could not override his internal limitations. With a last glance at the Horned God, an unspoken promise, Barrett began to fade from this landscape.

[i]I must remember this. Must reach out to the Panlings.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”