Another Thing About Dreams (Closed) Sam 27 GT

Moderator: Mods

Another Thing About Dreams (Closed) Sam 27 GT

Post by Guest »

"Is there something that you have always wanted to discover or know about?" [Alazandra] asked curiously as they went for their walk. The silver-haired achadhiel had lifted the panel of the lantern that was in her other hand which lit their path for them. The floor seemed stable for her as she stepped forward further into the darkness which was lit up by the light that her lantern was producing.

Mordular followed her into the darkness, away from the companion who had been silent throughout their meeting and conversation in their dream. After a few moments, the dark Adhiel answered.

"I've lived in Gulanadur all my life, and I did not join those on the Great Migration." he continued. "I think I felt very comfortable in this...place." he gestured with a hand backward along the cavern they had just left. "Its because it was very close to home."

"I would like to see something akin to the surface, if you can show it." Mordular said quietly. "The sun, grass, trees and other things which are but words to me."

Mordular paused and then his voice grew reverent. "And most especially, the Moon."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

A soft smile appeared upon the young achadhiel's pink lips as she nodded, "Perhaps that is why you were sent to me." She continued to walk further on with Mordular close and the other achadhiel left in the cavern that they had just left.

"My favorite time was in the evening. My mother would often sing to her guests. A beautiful tune that soothed any harried heart. I did not stay hidden behind the screen that was given to me while I listened in on the sessions which she believed were my lessons in life." Her own mind felt the music wrapping her like a blanket as she concentrated and created images that she thought and kept close to her heart.

Then she stopped walking and stood there for a moment as she placed the lantern on the ground before Mordular. Her eyes were closed as she continued to concentrate. As she stood still the music in her mind began to manifest around the couple and suddenly the cavern melted away.

Verdant grass sprouted as flowers bloomed from gladiolas to beautiful blood red roses, accompanied by trees of different species as Alexandrya continued to hum. The colors of green, red, yellows, purples were beautiful as birds chirped and rabbits were found hopping around curiously, deers unafraid of the hunter as they lifted their dainty heads alert and cautious as they bounded away in a nature dance.

Mountains in the distance climbed higher to become snow peaked and before the two was a sparkling ocean that glistened as the sun slowly rose splashing blue-green with reds and oranges before descending upwards and to light the small world that the young achadhiel had created with her mind.

"The moon will come soon...as beautiful as the sun but serene and cool is her beauty as much as the sun is fiery and bold." She spoke softly as the song that she had woven slowly diminished and her own eyes opened to what she had imagined in her mind and painted on the canvas of the Aether realm.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

Mordular followed along and listened intently as Alazandra explained about her favored time of day, and of something even dearer to her heart. As the flowers bloomed and the landscape changed, seemingly at her will amd whim, Mordular was startled and was secretly glad that she had stopped their pace, for his pace would have surely faltered for the changes wrought seemingly by her whim alone.

Mordular turned around in a fighter's stance, slightly fearful, definitely guarded, but also amazed as rock gave away to plants and soil, and the little world changed so dramatically. Whenever he turned so that she could see it, the Achadhiel could see the brightness and wonder in the Dark Adhiel's eyes.

When the sun came, Mordular rose a hand to dim the glare somewhat, and looked away when it became too painful to continue to stare, and back to Alazandra.

"The World Above, in miniature?" Mordular said, half questioningly and half in wonder. "How...HOW do you do this?" Mordular said, shyly unable to meet his companion's eyes.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

"It is a strange and wonderful place..." Alexandrya answered as she looked at her creation. "It is as real as my own imagination can make it. It is a place I remember and commited to memory." She murmured softly as the sun move downwards gradually but not as slow as a real day's journey. As the sun blazed its way across the sky and the colors of dusk was painted the trail of the sun, a large, silvery moon rose illuminating them both with a cool beautiful light. "An as you requested...the Moon."

She grinned, "You create the world with your mind, but I believe you cannot create for another or the magic of this place backfires on you." Lessons that were still being taught of this diverse place. "This is where I get away, my balance..."
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

"Goddess." Mordular said, as the sun disappeared over the false horizon, and the silvery, cool moon rose to dominate the faux sky above them. As it rose and illuminated the entire cavern with a silvery light, Alazandra could see tears come to Mordular's eyes.

He did not seem to hear her last words, so transfixed was he by the sight and the light of the moon. With no regard to his surroundings, and perhaps only slightly more for his companion, Mordular sunk slowly to his knees and his hands came together in prayer.

"I've only seen it in depictions, and even though this is only another, this is far more real to me." Mordular said quietly, in a reverent voice as his neck craned upwards to stare at the Moon, unable to look away from it. Now, instead of merely tears, Alazandra could see that the Dark Adhiel was openly weeping at the sight of the created Moon that she had brought to illuminate the world around him.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Grey blue eyes gazed upon Mordular's face and noticed the tears that welled up his eyes. Such dedication to his goddess. I wonder how it would be to love a god or goddess so thoroughly?

The young achadhiel gave the adhiel his moment of reverence to his goddess and as she stared up at the cool beauty of the Moon she was glad that there was someone that was looking over Mordular. As he started to openly weep, Alexandrya's concern grew and she moved slowly towards the Dark Adhiel's side and placed a slender hand upon his shoulder. No words were said as he cried, but she stood beside him as he paid his respects to his goddess.

Post by Guest »

The light touch of Alazandra's hand upon his shoulder, even in this unnatural place, seemed to slowly galvanize and firm the reaction within the young dark Adhiel. His prayers, tear filled as they were, dropped away, slowly, like rolling down a gentle slope. Perhaps a minute went by before he turned away from the sight of the moon and up at Alazandra.

"I'm...I'm..." he stuttered. "sorry." he finally managed and moved a hand up to his eyes to daub at the tears. His head turned around to where Alazandra stood. "I didn't mean to embarass you thusly." he said, a hand moving palm downward to the ground so that he might be able to lift himself up again.

"That's truly what the real thing looks like, isn't it?" he asked Alazandra softly.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Silvery locks swayed back and forth as she shook her head. "Never apologise for your beliefs, Mordular. You have not embarassed me at all. In fact, I am touched that you trusted me enough to witness your reverence before your goddess." She murmured warmly.

The young achadhiel nodded as she looked up, "Yes, I had often looked up at her from my bedroom when it was the only thing I could do. When my mind had too much to process I would stare up at night and become lost in the beauty of her silvery and serene glow. It always seemed to calm me."

A hand was offered to Mordular to stand if he wished. "My mother never really instilled beliefs in me, but I find that the ones that I knew of while growing up made me wary. It is actually refreshing to see someone like you, so impassioned by just the sight of her symbol...the proof that your goddess has given you that she loves and cares for you..."

Post by Guest »

Mordular did not hesitate to accept the hand offered by Alazandra, but he tried to, not even in this place, lean on her too greatly in lifting himself up to his feet again. He gave a nod and a smile as his hand withdraw, perhaps with slight reluctance, from her helping one and he stood once more.

"I had thought I had embarassed you." Mordular said, smiling thinly in response. "You see, the Houses in Gul do take their devotion and their worship very seriously, no matter which God or Goddess that they follow." Mordular made a slight face. "Even the devotees of the dark one."

"It is strange, and wondrous, to see her symbol, in this place, in a way that I'll never see otherwise, unless I make the journey to the surface." Mordular explained. "Oh, I've seen depictions enough, but this is something of a different order entirely. Illusion and unreal it may be..." Mordular turned and gazed at Alazandra. "but you have crafted me a memory and a gift that I can remember. Always."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A nod was given in regards to the devotion and worship Mordular's people gave to their gods or goddesses. It was still a mystery to her to devote to someone that did not exist or made their believers heart twist into something dark and evil.

Eyes twinkled as she smiled warmly, "then you know that the moon comes out in many forms?" She asked softly and as she spoke, the moon shaded and shaped as the crescent moon then to the gibbous. "I do not know much of the names and why she changes up in the sky, but I thought it might interest you." The moon was full again to illuminate their way. "The moon has always calmed me. I think it is because of the light that pierces the dark but not as painful as trying to look up into the sun's fiery countenance."

Post by Guest »

Mordular's eyes once again shifted from the lovely Alazandra to the sight of the changing moon in the sky. He did edge closer to her as his eyes took in the phases of the moon, as it ran through a complete cycle at the command of his companion. Once again, as he had before, his hand briefly alighted on her shoulder, but he was not so nervous at the contact this time, and did not draw it immediately away from her.

"I've heard that the Moon has many forms, many faces." Mordular said. "There is something like 13 full changes of the faces in a yahren, aren't there?" he asked curiously. "An acolyte or a true priest of the Moonlady would know these answers of course, but I suspect not all of they have even seen the Moon in this way as you are showing me now."

"And you are right." Mordular added. "The cool and soft light of the moon is far less harsh on my eyes than the fiery sun. I could barely stand to stare directly at that, when you had it run across the sky. And it seemed to just be...a bright ball of flame." The dark Adhiel sounded almost disappointed. "Not like the Moon at all."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Bright eyes stared up at the moon lit sky and she sighed softly. "I wish life was this serene. This quiet..." She looked towards Mordular and gave a shy smile but continued, "It seems that people cause so much trouble. So much conflict that almost makes others insane." She looked about her imaginary world and chuckled. "Although, no one could stay in a place like this forever. It is not real no matter how beautiful it is and how real you want to make it."

She let her bare feet slide along the soft grass and she stretched her arms out deliciously outwards towards the sky. "Mmmm, I wanted to do that for awhile." She giggled. "Have you ever seen snow before?" Alexandrya asked curiously, but then spoke up once again, "What of your world, Mordular? Please show me something." She was even more curious to know the unknown.
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"No, its not real here, although it is peaceful. With or without this snow that you speak of." Mordular agreed. "And we are free of those bonds for the moment, it would seem." he said, gesturing to his own hands and spreading them wide. "I only now have really noticed that. I hope that your companion who did not speak will also now be free."

Mordular continued as he watched Alazandra take her pleasure with her hands and stretching upward.

"I would love to show you the wonders of Gulanadur, but I will need some." his eyes twinkled slightly "instruction in just how you do what you. I've seen the changes you have made, in terrain, in the sun and in the moon, but its not something inside of me as yet."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A soft giggle along with a sweet smile was given to Mordular. "It makes everything less painful when you can go out and just soak up the beauty that the gods and goddesses provide." Then she turned about as little white powder began to fall to some unknown melody. "It is usually very cold when this happens."

Her gaze fell on Mordular as she spoke to him. "It is difficult for me to explain. It is sort of like a longing. Something you want to change inside of your mind to manipulate the world around you...this world. I do not think you can manipulate someone else but only what is within yourself." She thought of wearing a colorful gown filled with every color of the rainbow. Violet wrapped around her bodice as veridian and red wrapped around her middle, silver and gold shot through that gave way to a midnight blue. She twirled and the colors flew off her dress to make it white once again. She giggled. "It does take some time to get used to but the limit is your imagination."

Graceful steps drew her closer to Mordular until she stood in front of him. Her gentle fingertip were placed upon his cheeks and she smilled up at him. "Just relax and dream of what you know but be careful because even if you are in a dream, your subconscious could also throw you into a nightmare."

Post by Guest »

Mordular looked up in wonder as the soft white powder fell upon them both, setting as sharp a contrast on his skin as his hair did. "This doesn't feel cold, but you say the real thing is cold." he said, sticking out his tongue and letting some of the snow hit his tongue.

"It's just water?" Mordular said, first with a questioning tone and then nodding and smiling. Mordular's attention moved to Alazandra as she switched clothing, and then drew near to him.

"Dream of what I know..." Mordular said, and closed his eyes and nodded and smiled. "I can do that."

Slowly the world around them changed. A room built up around them, a large circular room. On every portion of the wall and the ceiling were mirrors. The ligthting of the world dimmed, the sun and the moon being replaced by glowing mushrooms of some sort. But with the mirrors nearly everywhere that Alazandra looked, the reflections and lighting were dazzling. There was also, to Alazandra's perceptions, a sense of reverence, peace and worship to the room that Mordular had created.

"Did I get it right?" Mordular asked, his eyes still closed.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A giggle escaped the young achadhiel's throat as she watched Mordular stick out his tongue. "It is exactly what I did when I first experienced snow." She replied happily. "Yes, it is just water that was frozen."

Eyes widened in surprise as Mordular changed the world around them. She instinctively drew closer to the dark adhiel as his world appeared before them. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lights of the large circular room. The light of the mushrooms and the play on mirrors bathed the room in an ethereal glow that made Alexandrya smile sweetly. "Mordular, it is beautiful!" She whispered softly as though she meant to keep the peace of the place.

"Where is this place?" She asked with an awe-filled voice.

Post by Guest »

Mordular slowly opened his eyes as Alazandra expressed her delight and wonder at his creation. The dark adhiel looked around slowly, with a nod of satisfaction of work well done, craft well created, until his eyes and gaze focused back on his companion.

"This is the center of the Temple of the Moonlady in Gulanadur." Mordular said softly, focusing his gaze on Alazandra. Thanks to the reflections from the mirror, while Mordular focused upon Alazandra, many other mirror-images of Mordular, from various angles, regarded mirror-images of Alazandra as well.

"You do know that Gulanadur is tiered, yes?" Mordular asked. "The Temple is at the bottommost tier of the city, a tiring journey for some. So in a real sense this is the base, the center of the city from which it rises above."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Her head gently shook, "No, I do not know anything of Gulanadur but if it looks as beautiful as this...I hope some day I do find a way to visit this place of mystery." Her voice was still soft when she heard it was the Temple of the Moonlady.

"Did you spend a lot of time here?" She asked curiously as her keen eyes studied and memorised what was in Mordular's mind.

Post by Guest »

"I am not a priestess of the Moonlady." Mordular replied with a smile. "So, nay, while I have worshipped in the Temple, and often, it is not as if I have spent endless hours here. Still, aside from my own House, it is a place that I know very well in Gulanadur indeed." he added.

Mordular began walking in a circle, his images moving in circuit in the mirrors even as he walked in circuit around Alazandra. "In a place without such a source as the sun and moon, mirrors are useful things, and here, in the Temple, the reflections give us better ability to contemplate the Goddess."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A nod was given as she continued to explore and stare at the foreign beauty that was displayed before her. She then began to walk about too. Her fingers could only imagine what the texture of the place was. Then she murmured softly, "And what does the rest of Gulanadur look like? What if regular homes? Do they look as fascinating as this place? Please show me more if you can, Mordular."

Post by Guest »

Mordular smiled at Alazandra's delight at seeing the inner sanctum of the Temple of the Moonlady. He bowed to Alazandra and began to close his eyes, and began to will things again.

Slowly, the scene changed around the dark elf and the half elf as Mordular held his eyes shut and willed the world to change around them. Or, to be precise, Alazandra saw a double dozen Mordulars, counting the ones reflected in every mirror that she could see, close his eyes and concentrate.

The mirrors dissolved away, as did the walls, replaced by a large bowl shaped world around the two of them. A large spire dominated the center, and from where Alazandra and Mordular stood, at the bottom of the bowl, Alazandra could look up and see some beautiful buildings here at the bottom, and staircases running up to the tiers that ringed the city in an ascending manner.

"This is Gulanadur." Mordular said. "Or should be." he added, still modestly keeping his eyes closed for the moment. "The temple we just saw the interior of is over there." Mordular gestured in the general direction of one of the buildings at the base. "We call this the Temple Tier."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

When Gulanadur was revealed, her eyes were wide with awe as her mouth was slightly open in an o shape. Her eyes were round like saucers. She never saw anything like this before and all she could do was stare. "This place truly exists?" She asked breathlessly as she studied everything that Mordular created with his mind.

"It is so beautiful." She whispered. It seemed that each description of this mysterious place made her more curious to see what else came. The designs did not remind her of anything in its uniqueness and it touched her heart that she was able to share something so special with this stranger to become a friend even though they never met in the Tether.

She memorised what she could. Alazandra hoped to remember what she could as a future map to this place. It did scare her a bit what would be waiting for her but the beauty of the place also drew her, playing upon her curious nature.

[ooc: Thank you so much for your patience in my shoddy posting time. Had to/still dealing with moving to a new apt and such. I hope to have a more normal schedule once I start work and my old apt is cleaned up and papers are signed. *hugs* Thank you for bearing with me during my rl ordeal. ^^]

Post by Guest »

Mordular nodded proudly as Alazandra seemed disbelieving, and enthralled, at the depiction of his homeland. His eyes were still closed

"This place truly exists." Mordular replied. He seemed to know a bit of what Alazandra was thinking as her eyes drank in the details of the dream model of the city. "Few other than Dark Adhiel , especially ninadhiel. come to Gulanadur, of course, but visitors do come to my city." Mordular smiled. "Not everyone is afraid of ganiu."

Finally, Mordular opened his eyes and he looked around. "A couple of the small details are not perfect, but I think its a very good likeness of the base of the City." Mordular said proudly.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

There was a sweet smile on Alexandrya's lips as she continued to look about. "What was your favorite place when growing up?" She asked curiously. The place that had formed before her was absolutely foreign. She could not imagine people living underground some their whole lives. It would be something to research on if there was actually books on stuff like this.

"It looks exciting." She murmured softly. "I can see why you love your home very much. I had to r--leave my own home. Of course, it is exciting to see and experience new places. No regrets...that is how I try to live my life."

Post by Guest »

"The grounds of my own House. There." Mordular pointed a slim digit in the direction of one of the relatively large buildings on one of the tiers above them. "D`Altamooriana" he added after a moment. "While I like to see new things, new experiences, and new visions." Mordular continued. "In the end, there is nothing like home to return to, to share what you have seen and learned."

"I am sorry that you have had to leave thine own." Mordular's hand reached and touched Alazandra's shoulder in the same sort of gentle gesture that he had done several times during their Dream together. "I hope that you have, or will find, a place of your own. No regrets and everything."

Return to “Erulzat Archives”