Another Thing About Dreams (Closed) Sam 27 GT

Moderator: Mods

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Eyes followed where Mordular pointed and nodded. "D'Altamooriana." She murmured remembering the name.

A sweet smile emerged as she felt his hand touch her shoulder. "Thank you, Mordular." Her voice soft. "I shall. It is one of my wishes. To find a place to live and to enjoy life how I see fit." She grabbed his hand and pulled him along as she began to walk, "What else can you show me? Do you have a theater? What of a garden? Entertainment? Art?"
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

"There are regions of my city that I cannot show you in a Dream, Alazandra." Mordular began with a smile. "For they are regions which I have never seen, and perhaps never shall."

"My last name is not Devir, Scha'mar, or Ach-Lunar, you see." Mordular continued. "And while I am going to become the first Sentinel in a long time." he continued. "I am not of Noble birth and never have been to Nobles Point, but I understand that there is much beauty to be found there."

"As for gardens, we live underground, and the main source of cultivation is mushrooms, rather than the plants of the world above." Mordular continued. "I do not think that you would find them excessively beautiful." he smiled wryly.

"Stone cutting, however, is something that we excel at, carving only as necessary to accentuate, rather than destroy, the natural beauty of stone. Shall I show you something of that, then?" Mordular asked as they continued to walk along the bottom Tier.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

"Well let me be the judge of that!" Alazandra exclaimed at the mention of subterranean mushrooms. "What color are they? Do you just gaze at them or could you eat them?"

There was mention of stone cutting that also caught her interest and she nodded with excitement, "Yes, please!" She followed close to Mordular making sure she did not get lost as she explored a little in her companion's world. "I would think it would get rather gloomy if you could not see the sun or the moon." She murmured. "Probably more for surface dwellers because it is what they expect..." She concluded as she wondered how she would feel living under the ground all the time.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

Mordular began confidently walking with an eye toward the paths that headed upward away from the bottom Tier and toward the upper ones. "Everything in Gulanadur is either on the Bottom Tiers, or in the Middle, or in the Upper Tiers, or in the Spire. You've seen the Bottom Tier, that's where the Temples are. The Middle Tier is where the Merchant Houses, like Mine, live. The Upper Tier is where the commoners live and that's where mushrooms are grown."

"To answer your question." Mordular kept climbing, and Alazandra noticed he was heading toward the large wilted pyramidal shaped building he had pointed out as his own House. "Mushrooms serve many uses. Food, of course, but also we derive delicacies, potions, reagents, and even scented oils. And my House is expert at those sorts of creations." Mordular said proudly.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A smile softened her features as she held onto Mordular's hand while he navigated to where he was taking her. She was careful to look where she was going as she looked at the foreign world around her. Bottom, Middle, Upper...Spire. "It is all so amazing!" Alexandrya murmured a bit breathlessly.

As Mordular spoke of mushrooms, Alexandrya giggled, "I often thought they were just for eating and staring at. I never imagined how much you can actually do with them." She noticed the proud tone in Mordular's voice and grinned, "The feelings about your home is apparent. I am so happy you were able to show me a piece of yourself." Alexandrya followed Mordular towards his home. She would get the opportunity to see the inside which caused her to catch up a bit more quickly instead with the gaping awe that was only moments before.

Post by Guest »

"Its not perfect of course. I'm not talented as an artist" Mordular said with a slightly quirky smile as he led Alazandra to the wilted building. "And there should be guards here." he pointed at the doorway that he led Alazandra to, and into once he opened it into a reception room.

"My House does most of its business inside its walls, not all of the Merchant Houses do so." Mordular explained. "So, for example, the public areas of my house, like this reception room." he gestured to the room, which was done in the Adhiel style, but it was slightly different, just a little unusual. Stone carving and stonework were strong themes, emphasizing the natural Adhiel tendencies in architecture and design. "are well known to those who have business with us. Of course." Mordular smiled. "There are other areas to show you within the House, besides the public."

A staircase, thin and elegant, curved up and away from the second reception room that Mordular led Alazandra into. "Normally, a guard would prevent anyone but a family member from venturing upstairs, of course." he said, a twinkle in his eye as he put his leg on the first step and turned to regard Alazandra.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The young achadhiel looked about with the same curiosity that she had throughout. She followed close to Mordular to make sure she did not get lost. Listened quietly to his words and smiled as she was lead to the second reception room. Alazandra caught that twinkle in Mordular's eye and giggled softly, "Well I feel very honoured to continue exploring with you."

"A home under the ground. The stone carvings, I can only imagine how much it must have taken for this all to be built. Elegant and rough, natural...beautiful in a different way." She smiled, "Amazing." Her eyes followed up the stairs, "What is up there?"

Post by Guest »

"I don't see the harm in it, and it is a pleasure besides." Mordular responded softly, with a smile, in response to Alazandra's reactions to the explorations of his House. "Its actually difficult to imagine the House as empty as this." he added. "Visitors, guards, and my relatives, close and distant, usually keep the House far less quiet than this. Not even when nearly everyone is at the Temple is the House *this* quiet." Mordular's smile widened to a smile.

"So to answer your question." Mordular continued. "Up here are the personal quarters and areas of the House. At least, the parts that *I* know about, there are portions and private rooms and wings that I've never seen, of course."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

"I would imagine it is very busy. Did you know that you can also imagine people that you see every day here? Very much the same way you have created your home in your mind. Of course, if you do will them here, I might be stopped from going any further unless I was..." She smiled, "At times, it may be better to explore a barren house."

She followed Mordular to the personal quarters that were formed. "If I lived in a house like this I would be mischievous enough to sneak around all over the place." Her own vivid memories were remembered playing hide and seek in her father's enormous house. "Where is your room?"

Post by Guest »

"I never said that I wasn't explorative." Mordular said with a smile as he began leading her down hallways that looked much the same as the ones on the floor below, but they had more personal touches. Pictures, here and there, that were clearly of other Dark Adhiel of the house. Mementos that seemed to be chosen for reasons other than purely aesthetic, a vase here, a carving of a mushroom there.

Mordular finally reached, at the end of a tree of corridors and intersections, an ordinary looking hallway, at the end of which was a door. "Here are my quarters. I don't rate much, or at least, I haven't insisted on larger quarters given my new status.

He hesitated at the door. "I feel almost nervous inviting you to my room." he admitted, but the Dark Adhiel then smiled mischeviously, and opened the door to allow the two of them inside.

The quarters were relatively spartan, both from Mordular's relative youth as well as the Adhiel aesthetic. A statue of the Moonlady was prominent in the living chamber that Mordular guided Alazandra into, as well as other small touches here and there.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A soft giggle escaped Alexandrya's lips as she entered Mordular's room and looked about with the same curiosity that led her through this little dream journey. "It is nice..." She smiled as she looked about and her eyes rested on the statue of the Moonlady. "Lovely." She murmured softly as she moved closer to the statue.

Her eyes went to the pictures and any little momentoes that had some detail to it. She looked to see what Mordular's family looked like. Brothers, sisters? Anyone that seemed to mean something enough to be in the dark adhiel's haven.

Post by Guest »

OOC: You know, I hadn't really thought about Mordular's family, until now. :)

The pictures tended to be sketches and other simple, but elegant depictions of what had to be Mordular's family, for one such sketch depicted two older Dark Adhiel, a man and a woman, standing with two younger Adhiel, one a girl, and the other a boy. Although the boy was young, not even a teenager in human terms, the artist, whoever it was, had captured the facial expressions and the lines of Mordular's face all the same. Similarly, although different, there was a clear resemblance between Mordular and the girl standing next to him, as well as the parents in front of which they both stood.

Mordular watched quietly as his dream-guest's attention went to the picture in his dream-room

"Do you draw?" he asked Alazandra
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A tender smile appeared on her lips as she studied the picture of Mordular's family. "She is very beautiful and I know where you get your handsome good looks..." Her voice soft but matter-of-fact.

Then her brilliant eyes seeked out Mordular, "No, I do not know how to draw. I dance...and sing. And able to do random things but nothing too special. Why may I ask brought you to that inquiry?" She asked curiously.

Post by Guest »

"I don't know." Mordular admitted, regarding Alazandra. He had looked a little shy when Alazandra mentioned his good looks.

Finally, he found the room to speak again.

"Perhaps it was your intense interest in the drawings of myself and my family. And of course." Mordular continued. "your clear artistic temperment and talent."

The Dark Adhiel shivered suddenly.

"This dream is coming to a conclusion, isn't it? Can you feel it, like an unnatural chill that runs down your arms. Or have you changed the temperature of the realm around us?" Mordular asked.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The young achadhiel must have completely missed Mordular's moment of shyness as she continued to peruse the room. When Mordular finally spoke she turned about and gave him the friendly smile and it brightened at his answer. "Thank you. I enjoy beautiful things, art, music, people...it fascinates me during such a ugly time."

Alexandrya trembled too and her hands went to her bare arms to rub some heat into them. "I do believe you are right, Mordular." She murmured sadly. With her graceful gait, the silver-haired dancer bridged the gap between her and her Aether companion. Her bright eyes looked into Mordular's and she kissed his cheek. "Namaste..." She murmured and moved closer to Mordular for a hug. "Perhaps someday we will meet again."

Post by Guest »

"In the real world, if not in dreams." Mordular said softly. The warmth of Alazandra's kiss on his cheek was like a brand on his skin, a mark that perhaps only the two of them would ever see, but a mark that would be indelible even in its invisibility.

"Now, we have to wake up." Mordular said. "From my dream bedroom no less." he added with a touch of humor in the Dark Adhiel's voice.

"Fare thee well, Alazandra." Mordular added, and slowly, and softly faded away from sight, back to wakefulness at last.

(OOC: Thank you for lovely writing!)

Return to “Erulzat Archives”