~~Secrets~~ Asht and company

Moderator: Mods

Grant
Retired Game Designer

~~Secrets~~ Asht and company

Post by Grant »

(OOC: Spun off from here)

It was a ballroom, like so many other ballrooms one might see, though this one was clearly not in use. Measuring a full seventy feet long and twenty five feet wide, the great hall had a long, deep hearth at the East end and a small, raised section at the West just beside a set of double doors that no doubt lead back out to the foyer. A set of double doors lead further South as well, placed perhaps opposite the double doors from which the guests entered from the dining hall. Another pair of modest doors shared the North wall as well, in the Northwest corner, no doubt service doors for servants that, in better times, might carry trays of beverages or snacks for dancing and gossiping guests.

There were three of the curious chandeliers here, though only one of them was lit, and lit only partially...shrouding much of the room in gloom but leaving enough light such that the dark wood floor and cream-white, mosaic ceiling could just be seen. The ceiling here was low compared to the foyer, proof that there would be additional rooms overhead...and the room was conspicuously empty, as if it were cleared for cleaning or left neglected by the staff.
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The sorcerer entered the ballroom, looking less than impressed. Perhaps it was just the sheer emptiness of the room that diminished its otherwise large proportions. His golden gaze swiftly took in everything though, shi elven eyes piercing the gloominess that hung about him, studying all the doors, making a note of where they were situated incase he needed to make a hasty exit for whatever reason. The chandeliers above drew his attention, yet he discarded them quickly.

He did not move much further into the room how, instead he slipped into a small trance, eyes closing for a few moments, several deep breaths and he again centered himself more throughly. Even without opening his eyes he entered his world of magic, where the threads of power either danced in excitement or meandered slowly, depending upon the energy present. Asht sent his mystical senses outward in an arc, even with this he went slowly, not wanting to miss anything.

Perhaps Becca would do the same, with two of them searching for any hidden traps and such, hopefully nothing would be missed. Unless of course whatever precautions the professor had taken were supposed to be hidden from magical sight also.
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Making her way from the dining hall in the wake of the sorceror, Brionna paused inside the ballroom door and looked around in confusion. Was this where they were supposed to come? It didn't look like there had been an explosion here. In fact, it didn't look like anyone had been in here for yahren!

The lighting, or lack of it, made it awkward to see clearly any distance away, and she took a few steps into the room in an attempt to make out more details. There were a number of doors leading from the room, and she remembered the words of the guard as they had been leaving. "Of course!" she murmured. "We don't need to worry about this room at all, just pass through it!" She turned to look at the others, noting with curiosity the way Asht seemed to be just standing there looking around.

"Well come on," she urged. "If we're going to be of any use to anyone caught in that explosion, we shouldn't be dawdling!"
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

Talanwei made his way behind the two women. He still was not sure of the names of either but he found it prudent to keep his own council at the moment. Asht stopped in the room and closed his eyes. The paladin recognized this as a form of meditation, calming of the senses to possibly gather magical energies. Talanwei had to enter this state often to harness the powers of Illuminatus so he had at least a small knowledge of what he was witnessing. He chose not to stare at the sorcerer and looked at his surroundings. There were three chandeliers only one of which that cast something shy of real light. It was an imposing gloom that encompassed much of the ballroom that looked as if it had not been used in some time. Talanwei wasn't surprised, this manor did not have an air of hospitality. Then again he wasn't sure if it ever had that quality.

Brionna had taken the lead looking as if she was ready to leave the room. She cast a queer look at Asht and urged the sorcerer as well as the others to hurry. The achadiel shared her eagerness to be on their way and stood a few feet away from her looking at Asht. He cast a jade glance to his side at Brionna.

"Give him but a few moments signora, he is closing his eyes and surveying our surroundings with something a bit more...thorough," these were Talanwei's first words to her and his voice was even and friendly, "Believe me, I am just as eager to be on our way. However you never know what could be just beyond what our eyes can see."

Signora? Talanwei was relatively certain he had not used the word before, it tasted foreign in his mouth but it had come unbidden. Even as he was mulling this over the paladin offered her a real smile, unconsciously brushing the few locks of dark brown hair from his cheek. Talanwei then turned his gaze to Asht awaiting the sorcerer's next move.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca was actually looking at the Aether, crossing her arms as she followed Brionna. She didn't think there'd be anything there, considering that they were no where near the West Wing yet - or so she thought, remembering directions wasn't one of her strong points - but better safe than sorry. And, well...

"Do you think the rest of the way'll be lit up?" Becca asked absently, staring at the lights with her head on one side. "Or do you want me to...?" The last part was directed at Asht, along with a vague gesture to the light above them, figuring that he was the one in charge - and probably the only one that question would make sense to.

"We're coming, we're coming," she told Brionna, holding her hands up like a prisoner being marched somewhere, then reaching behind her to start braiding her hair back. "I think Miste - Asht's justing checking for something though." Glancing over her shoulder, Becca called "If it's all right with you, Mister Urdil? I thought we were heading for the West Wing?"
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Blinking, Ashtallion regarded Talanwei, Brionna and Becca, taking in each one in turn.

The mage shrugged, " An unexpected explosion originated in this direction, Miss. ", this he addressed to Brionna, " I am merely being cautious and checking for anything dangerous..... who knows what manner of devices and traps are laid through this manor. ", he smiled lightly before gesturing forward. " By all means let us carry on... just be alert as we pass these doors. I am a Battlemage by training, I am trained to think of dangers and where they might lie.... so you will more than likely see me falling into a small trance every now and then. "

He strode forward to the doors that led towards the west wing of the manor. " A light would be appreciated Becca and yes we're heading for the west wind..... ", and it will save me wasting the energy for something so minor. He had no idea of her abilites, hopefully she was capable enough to help him if the need arose. As for Talanwei, he was an even deeper mystery, something familiar, yet not so, hung about the young achadhiel. Asht could dwell on it, not with what he had ahead of him.
Last edited by Ashtallion Urdil on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

It was as Talanwei had suspected. Judging from Ashtallion’s words, there was not much by way of immediate threat in the room. However in a place like this, there could be unexpected things in every shadow. The paladin did not trust the manor’s oppressive gloom, nor did he trust those that were in the employ of the mysterious professor. There was too much mystery in the mask of cordiality and hospitality. So when Ashtallion asked for a light, Talanwei was eager to oblige. The Achadiel barely had time to remember that it was Becca that had originally offered lighting their surroundings before he himself started to channel his own iteration.

The paladin slowly peeled away his worry, his anxiety, even the excitement that he felt with the unexplored manor and pictured himself an empty vessel; a conduit for the power of Illuminatus, a blank canvas of sorts for his God to do as he willed with. Threads of energy seemed to pass through bone and sinew and he was guiding them to his hand. A soft glow tenanted his exposed skin and Talanwei focused it further making his right hand shine a subdued white. The young man had subdued this effect because if he had just let it course unchecked it would have resulted in a brilliant flash. The light seemed to pour from his fingertips, open palm. It spread across the wide ballroom and only the furthest corners were still swathed in shadow. Whenever the Achadiel tapped into the power of Illuminatus, it always left a feeling of effervescence so he was mildly smiling with the corners of his lips as he came back to himself in a sense. He immediately felt mildly sheepish jumping into action as he did and he rubbed the back of his head. Talanwei looked at his companions and Becca finally.

Talanwei said apologetically, “I just want to be of use because I feel decidedly not no without a blade at the moment. I’ll be the light if you wish...”
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

OOC: Hey folks, sorry this has been slow. Was waiting to see if Grant or Becca or Brionna wanted to post first before continuing?
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

ooc: I'm with you Asht!~

Waiting for the ladies...hey if I'm stepping on any toes just give me an elbow in the ribs and tell me to quit :oops:
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

(OOC: OOPS. *can't believe she missed this thread* Really gentlemen, if it's going slowly, show some sense and throw rocks at people until they post :P.)

"Well if we're heading for the West Wing, don't you think we should be moving along instead of lingering in here?" Becca asked, reaching to the Aether and tugging a book of light towards her, carefully tugging the pages out. "Of course, if you want to stay here and wait, we - Oh!"

She hadn't paid much attention to Talenwei at all, and now she had a feeling that she had to remedy that. Immediately if not sooner. Well, once she got over the surprise.

"I don't mind at all - if you think you can manage, then be my guest." Becca grinned at him, stepping to one side and indicating for him to take the lead if he wished - or if he particularly felt like scuffling with Asht, which she could easily see happening. "So now that's sorted, shall we?"
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

As Talanwei summoned a globe of light, the sorcerer raised an eyebrow. It wasn't sorcery.... he knew something of faith magic and simply made an educated guess, though held back from saying anything just now. " It is fine by me, Becca can assist in another way if she wishes. ", turning an eye on her, " Help me keep a look out for anything unusal. ", he smiled lightly before turning his eyes back towards the doors. " Yes I think we've dwaddled here enough. "

Striding forward, gesturing towards the door with his hand, a ball of force sent out to open the doors before he reached them. Ashtallion stopped at the threshold, peering down whatever lay ahead of him, looking back to made sure everyone was with him, he stepped over and to the side, " If you want to stay by my side for now.. ", he looked at Talanwei, " Just so I can see whats ahead more clearly. ", had the mage got his name? If so he couldn't remember it and made a mental note to ask later at a more appropriate time and place.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Becca seemed mildly surprised as Talanwei pulled the light together and Asht simply raised an eyebrow. There were questions behind the sorcerer’s eyes but the paladin was not sure of exactly what they were. Asht walked forward and cast open the doors without using his hands. The manipulation of energy, though simple, was impressive to the paladin that had no such mastery. Finally they were to be off and exploring this place; also making certain that there were no injured people around the manor. Talanwei looked at the light pouring from his hand; thankfully, they didn’t seem too put off by his eagerness and he stepped forward at the request of the mage.

“As you wish, I am at your service...” said Talanwei with a grin and a respectful nod of his head.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”