"No Rest for the Weary" -Jygust 30th Late ET (Open

These estates surrounding the larger cities of the WK include Pax Balthasar, Brie and several other smaller grounds. The barons rule supreme and intent on holding on to their belongings.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

Putting the parchment into a small pouch that hung at her side, Shylah nodded in agreement to Larenis’ suggestion before turning her head into the direction of the drunken laughter, “Yes, let’s get him into the shop before something else happens. It simply isn’t safe out here”

“Okay, here we go. Are you ready?” Shylah asked, looking at the man as she started to gently take hold of his arm, “Larenis and I are going to try and pull you up.”

Gently, Shylah started to pull the man into a sitting position. She didn’t want to move too quickly in fear of injuring the man more than he already was, but she did want to get them all into the shop before something else happened. Taking in a deep breath, she closed her grey eyes briefly opening that some deity would be on her side tonight.
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

With the help of Larenis, Shylah managed to pull the wounded man up to a sitting position. He let out a short cry of pain but otherwise appeared to be no worse for the movement. The drunken laughter sounded closer.

“We must be quick,” urged Larenis, glancing in the direction of the noise.

“I might get to my feet and walk a little if you both support one arm,” suggested the injured man in a series of gasps.
Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

Nodding, Shylah draped the man's arm around her neck, struggling slightly to help the man to his feet, "On the count of three, we are going to stand and get into my shop as quickly as possible."

"One," the achadhiel woman looked at Larenis, making sure the woman had the man's arm as well, "Two......Three."

Once the last of the countdown, fell from Shylah's lips, she tried as quickly with some caution to the man's injuries to come to a stand and bring the man up as well. If there were no problems with that, Shylah could breath a sigh of relief as they came closer and closer to the doorway of Healing Hands. A chill ran down Shylah's spine as the drunken laughter seemed to be closer than ever.

"Almost there..." she breathed heavily, "Just a few more paces."
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."
-Tori Amos
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

The injured man proved to be of a lighter weight than Shylah had feared and, with the help of Larenis, he was returned to the healer’s shop. Immediately, his strength gave way and he collapsed in a faint to the floor. Outside, the sound of drunken laughter moved along the street; this close the laughter held a degree of menace but soon vanished down the road.

The man was now unconscious. Larenis breathed heavily, her face pink with the strain of carrying the man.
Shylah Boyd
Civus

Post by Shylah Boyd »

When the man fainted upon the floor, Shylah took the opportunity to examine the man in a better light than she had outside. The gash upon his head still bled with such force that the healer worried if the man would ever regain consciousness.

Standing up from a kneeling position, she looked at Larenis and whispered in fear of whoever was outside could hear her, "Keep putting pressure on the wound like you did outside. I am going to gather the necessary supplies, as it would seem that I didn't have any sort of anti-septic in my bag and then I am going to set up a cot. While it would be unwise to move him now, I believe once we treat and dress the wound, one more move should be okay."

Before making her way back to the examination room, the young woman strolled over to the door, making sure that it was locked up securely. Satisfied, Shylah turned on her heel and quickly made her way into the examination room in search of dressings and other necessary materials. She also made it a point to hide the man's dagger on a high shelf in her supply closet.

It didn't take long for the young woman to return with a tray of supplies, setting them down next to the young man, and handing Larenis a compress of thousand leaves, "Now apply pressure to the wound with this. I am sure you remember the many uses of thousand leaves?"

"I would like for you to keep that on his head for a few burns," Shylah said, looking upon Larenis whom she grew more and more proud of with each moment, "Once I am done setting up a cot, we can start to dress the wound and get him onto it."

Before turning her back to Larenis to retrieve the cot, she turned around briefly and looked at the young woman with a warm smile, "By the way, you are doing wonderfully."

With that said, Shylah returned to the exam room to retrieve a cot. Once inside, she remember the parchment inside her pouch. Curiosity seizing her, Shylah took it out and looked upon the torn paper.

ooc: I hope I didn't assume too much here.
-Tori Amos

Return to “The Baron Estates”