The More Things Change... - Jy 30th - Late MT

These estates surrounding the larger cities of the WK include Pax Balthasar, Brie and several other smaller grounds. The barons rule supreme and intent on holding on to their belongings.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

The More Things Change... - Jy 30th - Late MT

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

It had been good to see Ulder again, if only briefly. Much had changed in the past three months, and yet much had also remained the same.

Draydis knew that getting new clothing would be necessary to keep his appearance from becoming a distraction and a potential hazard to himself. He had something in mind...something he had seen in a dream. A suit of black that covered him head to toe. The Hunter's armor would be easily worn over it. The cloak and the Guard would no longer be worn, as the cloak only seemed to get in the way during combats. Only the golden ring of the Guard would identify him as one of the few remaining members. Of course, somebody would have to work on the ring so it could be worn over the gloves of his new uniform.

The commander decided to begin by purchasing a simple black robe. He knew it would take some time to find somebody that could make his new uniform, and he knew that keeping his cloak about his body would be difficult for that long.

With his hood pulled fully over his face and neck, and the cloak pulled about his body, Draydis set out from the tavern to first find his robe, and then to find his tailor...
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

As Draydis walked along the Main Street he could not fail to notice a long one-storey wooden building.

A wooden sign hangs out above the door announcing the name of the establishment: Cloths and Clothing. Anyone entering through the unprepossessing small, wooden door will find a large, open area filled with an untidy array of bales of cloth, hats, boots, a variety of clothing, ornaments, brooches and practically anything else that can be worn. The clothing appears to be more functional than elegant and there is no obvious method of organisation. In fact, the whole place is an untidy mess. Still, most of the everyday requirements of the citizens of Pax can be obtained from the establishment.

Anyone entering will be greeted by a small, dark-haired achadhiel with a bright smile. “May I help you?”

In addtion to the achadhiel, there was one other person in the shop. A barrel-chested human with a long drooping moustache. He was presumbaly a customer for he was trying on a pair of black boots.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray nodded at the achadhiel as he was approached. "Yes, my friend. First, I need a robe. Nothing fancy...just a plain brown one would suffice."

As the robe was found for him, Draydis looked about the shop at all the goods available. It seemed that this place might just have what he wanted. His imagination ran wild as he thought about the new uniform that he would wear as the Mother's Champion. As he searched through the merchandise, Dray kept an eye out for a mask, as covering his face would be necessary.

Once he had purchased the robe, the commander looked for a place where he could put it on without having to reveal his appearance to anybody. After he put on the robe, Dray reapproached the achadhiel.

"I have another need...something unusual. Can you make customized clothing here...specifically something from lightweight leather, cloth, and steel?"
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

A satisfactory robe was soon procured for Draydis and he was able to try it on in private in a small dressing room, cordoned off from the main room by a purple curtain.

"I have another need...something unusual. Can you make customized clothing here...specifically something from lightweight leather, cloth, and steel?"

The achadhiel frowned for a moment. “My sister is able to make garments from cloth and leather but steel is outside her experience I am afraid. Perhaps the smith might be more useful if you require something along the lines of armour. Or...” She glanced towards her other customer.

The moustached man paused in trying on his boots, stroking his chin as he listened to the conversation. “I might be able to help you friend. What exactly are your requirements?”
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray moves his eyes between the two individuals as he gives answers to the questions.

"I am looking to make a new uniform that can incorporate my existing armor along with a few things that can enhance my fighting style. I need a hardened leather helmet that covers my entire head...something where the face covering looks like a mask. The main part of the uniform should be made of sturdy leather, but not heavy like armor would be. I need gauntlets and greaves the would have small blades or spikes that could be used offensively in melee combat, but also a weapon breaker on each gauntlet so it could also be used defensively. I want the glove of each hand to have lead across the knuckles. Not so much as they would become a burden to lift and use with a sword, but enough to function as a weapon of sorts should blades not be available."

Dray smiled, thinking of the many uses for such equipment.

"There are other minor thoughts, but that is the bulk of it all. For now, I will need only one such uniform, but there might be up to eight more needed soon."

The commander thought about Craghley, the Leafs, and the youth that he hoped were still interested in joining with them. The Guard would rise again.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

The moustached man let out a loud roar of laughter as Draydis listed his requirements. “Are you going to fight a war?”

The man pulled on the boots and walked around for a few flickers. “These will do.”

“Well I may be able to help you; or rather I know someone who can. He is an experienced armourer. However, he is reluctant to work these days. He is an odd fellow but can be persuaded to take on work if you know the right tack to take. Would you like me to introduce you to him?”
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray had seen many leaders use their words to convince the rank and file to do various unpopular things. He had even used similar tones on occasions himself. He knew that at this point his request for the new uniform was probably seen somewhat as a joke. Thus, the adhiel straightened his body, and did his best to make his presence felt through his words. He was the commander of the remainder of the noble Emerald Guard. Though these men did not know that fact, they would hopefully know that he was one of influence.

Draydis was unresponsive to the man's laughter. He defiantly responded with a simple and bold, "yes."

The adhiel watched as the other put on his boots and decided to make the purchase.

When asked about the introduction, he nodded. "Yes, that would be appreciated."

He kept his answers brief on purpose, hoping that his tone and straight to the point attitude would help to show that his intentions were completely honest and serious.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

"Very well," replied the moustached man as he paid for his boots. "This man will be at the festival field tonight. He will be tending a stall, where there are prizes for throwing daggers at various targets. I will there early even'tide to make you an introduction. I would advise you to wait for me for I have some influence with him and the fellow can be...ill-tempered."
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"Very well, good sir. I will meet you there this evening. I appreciate your willingness to help."

He then cast his eyes about the shop to see if there were any bits of clothing that might be well suited for parts of his new uniform...

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

Draydis' new acquaintance gave a brief nod as he made his way out of the shop. "Until tonight then. Oh and my name is Konrad; if by any chance you find it difficult to find me at the festival just ask around for me."

The shop was full of a wide variety of cloths and garments and it was difficult to find anything that might exactly fit the adhiel's requirements. The shopkeeper scurreed over to her customer's side. "Is there anything in particular you are looking for?"
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Konrad... Dray echoed the name in his mind several times to be certain that he remembered it.

As he looked through some of the goods available, Dray had trouble finding exactly what he was looking for.

"Do you have anything that is form-fitted that would cover my entire body and be wearable under my armor?"

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

"I may have just the thing," replied the woman, vanishing into a far corner of the shop. She returned a few flickers later carrying a padded garment. It appeared to some form of gambeson, or padded military tunic. In addition, there were a matching pair of grey, padded leggings.

"These were sold to me the other day. They look about your size and they are remarkably light and flexible. I'm not quite sure what they are made of - some sort of heavy cloth I suppose."

"Would you like to try these on?"

If Dray tetsed the garments, he would find that they were a good fit. They were highly flexible and lightweight enough to fit under heavy armour although they smelt a little fusty as if they had not been worn for some time.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis nodded when asked about the padded clothing. He tired them on where he could be in private and found they fit perfectly. The warrior pulled on his boots and goves to see how well covered he was. He needed to have none of the fur exposed...

His armor fit well over the clothing...it would make a good start to his new uniform.

He put his robe on over the top of it all so he could be covered and went to speak with the shop keeper again.

"I will take the clothing. Do you have a mask or sashes now? I need something to cover my face and neck."

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

"I have no masks as such in stock," replied the shopkeeper. "However, I could easily make you up a covering for your neck and face. Are you thinking of something along the lines of a cloth hood with eyeholes or do you wish for something more elaborate?"
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"I was thinking of something of soft leather that is more fitted. A simple hood may interfere with my vision, which won't work. Is that something you could make this day? I was thinking I could get a metal cap style helmet, and have the mask go over the top of it."

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

"My sister could make you something out of soft leather, I am certain", smiled the adhiel. "If you will let me take some measurements." The shopkeeper grabbed hold of a length of rope with markings with which she would do the necessary measurements if Dray would allow.

"If you return this eventide, the mask may be ready, although i cannot promise. It will definitely be ready tomorrow morningtide."
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray nodded. "I would appreciate her working on the mask. I must ask you to measure my head in a way that you do not see or feel my face. I fear that my appearance is one that would haunt most people."

He waited for the shop keeper to perform their work.

"I will go purchase the cap helmet that I will wear under the mask and return it here."

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

The shokeeper looked puzzled for a few flickers but she was clearly used to dealing with strange requests from her customers. She took care to use the measuring rope only loosely around Dray's hooded head to avoid touching his face.

She nodded with satisfaction when she had finished. "That should be fine. It may turn out a little large as I cannot get precise measurements but it should suffice."

(OOC: finished here I guess until you return for the mask?)
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

ooc: yes, he's done with this thread now if you want to assume he can purchase a steel cap helmet easily and return later for the mask.

ps: he wants the leather to match his hunter's armor. he will show the lady in the shop the armor so she can make sure it matches.

DMD Member since 2005
Guido Cercatoro

(OOC: ok, no problem, we'll assume the design matches)

Fin and locked for archiving

Return to “The Baron Estates”