Discussion in the Red Tent: Mid MT Jyg 30th (Pax)

These estates surrounding the larger cities of the WK include Pax Balthasar, Brie and several other smaller grounds. The barons rule supreme and intent on holding on to their belongings.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Discussion in the Red Tent: Mid MT Jyg 30th (Pax)

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

Talanwei thumbed the note in his pocket for perhaps the hundredth time that morningtide, ensuring it was there. It was the note from the followers of Illuminatus. His mind was turning end over end with speculation. It had seemed yahren since he had talked to those who believed as he did. Ulder, the members of the Swordmark were all trustworthy and good men but sometimes it helped a man to get perspective from others of a similar faith. Talanwei held the tenets of the Swordmark almost as close to his heart as those of the Bright One. There would perhaps come a time when the two were put at odds and a choice would be forced upon him. Surprised by this unbidden pessimism, Talanwei shook his head as if to physically dispel the notion.

Things had been odd in Pax even since the first few days of arrival. Yet this was only in such a way that it lurked just behind the veneer of normalcy. A young brother and sister killing and resurrecting dead dwarves, spiders on the Day of Dark, and an innocent boy given a virulent poison; all things that were not in any way normal. Saving the young boy had left a bittersweet taste on the Achadhiel’s tongue. The difference in the color of eye and his spared life that none of his allies could claim responsibility for. He had wanted to storm into the encampment and...well he was not sure what he would have done, at least civilly. There was a root to the corruption plaguing Pax and having tended a garden in his youth, Talanwei knew that sometimes roots ran quite deep. Excising such a blight took skill, finesse, and a measure of strength but violence alone would do nothing. Unfortunately, violence was all the tall swordsman wanted to dole upon whoever had done the poisoning and he simultaneously knew this was not the way. First he would talk to the men of Illuminatus; they would be able to give their opinions on matters

Thinking of the reason Ulder had brought their force here the Achadhiel was still a bit unsettled. More was at work here than the Church of the One. Fighting Oneists was one thing, combating dark forces, spirits, and their like was entirely another. The Swordmark had only he, as far as he was aware, that had magicks to wield against such an assault and this concerned Talanwei. Having fought against the Changer’s spawn and the succubus, it was a wonder to the follower of the Bright one that he had survived brushes with those evils. Before he knew any better, Talanwei reached his destination, the dark red tent of the secret worshippers of Illuminatus. Should the flap be closed; one hand pushed the folds of the tent out of the way and his other hand on the hilt of his sword so the point of his sheath would not catch on anything. Talanwei narrowed his eyes for the inevitable change in lighting and looked to those gathered for a familiar face. Should there be none, he would simply introduce himself. He withdrew the letter from his pocket and held it before him for those in the tent to scrutinize.

"I am Talanwei Fortisse, follower of the Bright One. I hope this morningtide finds you well," he spoke in a clear tone yet his lips bore no smile, for there were many dark things to talk about.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Morg

Post by Morg »

Other than its colour, the dark red tent had little to distinguish it from any other tent in the camp, either on the inside or on the outside. Bags and trunks of possessions were neatly stashed against the sides of the tent. One man was already standing, and two others, an older human male and a slender female achadhiel, rose to their feet as Talanwei entered.

The standing man Talanwei would recognise as the contact who he'd initially met in World's Mouth. Lucan was his name, and he was young, perhaps a few yahren older than Talanwei, with cropped, mousey brown hair and a serious expression. Although not a priest himself, his faith was strong, and he was knowledgeable and reliable. "Signore Fortisse!" he exclaimed. "It is good to see you here. There is darkness in this place that we do not yet fully understand. Perhaps with your help..." He broke off, glancing at his companions. "Brother, sister, this is the Paladin I told you about. Talanwei, this is Sister Gianna, initiate of the Bright One."

Gianna, who was a caramel-skinned achadhiel with dainty features and long dark hair, curtseyed shyly.

"And this is Brother Ambrosi," Lucan introduced the other man, a hint of deference in his voice.

This man, in his middle yahren with greying hair, had a weather-beaten, well-travelled look to him. He wore a plain white tunic under his dark cloak, and nodded in greeting to Talanwei. "We thank you for bringing this place to our attention. It..." He winced suddenly, and his eyes flickered shut before he was able to regain his composure. "It is not quite like anything we have encountered before. We would welcome any light you may be able to shed upon it."
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Baron Estates”