[Aveas] A Whole New World-Jygust 30, MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Anora Frollie
Rogue

[Aveas] A Whole New World-Jygust 30, MT

Post by Anora Frollie »

Her steps were timid as she made her way down the so called pier, her wide eyes even larger as they gazed around her, hoping that maybe something would jog her memory, tell her who she was. Blond curls, lightened by their time in the sun, swirled around her head as she turned it this way and that, while her hands clutched at the dress, holding it up so that she wouldn't step on it.

Is this where I'm from? I don't recognize anything. But maybe...Maybe someone will recognize me, tell me who I am. I'ms so lost, thought the girl who had been known as Anora, who now had no name, no history, no memory. A completely clean slate.

Brushing back a curl and tucking it behind one pointed ear, she looked around, hoping for a friendly face, perhaps someone to help her.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

Jygust 30th was hot. But when was it ever not hot in Aveas? The surroundings did not seem familiar in the slightest to the lost woman who now stood upon the docks surrounded by water on one end and forest on the other.

For that is what this place seemed to be, forest bordering on sea with houses built in between the trees. Indeed, the greatest care had been taken to preserve nature rather than remove it for purpose of living. The trees provided the neccesary shade and moved in the slight breeze that blew in from the ocean, carrying the salty tang and the sound of seagulls.

This seemed to be a small and rather new port. A river stretched land inward, along the shores of which more houses and an elongated pier lay, small fishing boats being the majority of ships docked here. There was an abundance of adhiel in this city, with no humans or other species in sight. The ship she had come in on, a cargo vessel by the name of the Emerald Dream was being loaded with coffee, the smell of which emanated from the barrels which, on closer inspection, carried a large white eye symbol.

No one seemed to spend a lot of time paying any attention to Anora however...
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora continued to walk up the pier and towards the settlement, away from the water from which she had been saved. She continued to walk awkwardly in the dress, looking like a child playing dress-up.

Walking up to the first person she saw not carrying a barrel, she tapped them on the arm and said, "Excuse me. Um...do you know me?"
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The first person she saw not carrying a barrel was a rather scrappy looking adhiel boy, sitting on a barrel rather than lugging one around. His hair was ruffled up, the shade of it probably a blonde of sorts. His blue eyes glanced her up and down before he replied.

"Can't say that I do." He got up. He was actually just as tall as Anora. She guessed him to be a few yahren younger than her, though with adhiel it was hard to tell. She did note he spoke human quite well, the accent even seemed familiar to her. "Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to." He walked half a circle around her and was not even hiding the glances he shot at her figure. "Nope, can't say I wouldn't. Name's Taldren, but everyone calls me Tal. What's your name sweet cheeks?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

As Tal walked around her, Anora watched him, her eyes never leaving the boy. He didn't know her. But maybe he would help her. Of course, the way he was eyeing her made her slightly uneasy. It was rather forward, though perhaps that was the manner of the place. Not that she would know any other manners, but she felt that there was something wrong with it, all the same.

At the request for her name, she shrugged, one side of the dress slipping down her shoulder, which she quickly tugged up, hiding the pale skin. "That's just it. I don't know. That is why I asked if you knew me, hoping to find someone who could tell me who I was," she said honestly.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Taldren seemed confused. His eyes widened in an expression of wonder as Anora told him she didn't know her own name. The slip of her dress which she quickly corrected did not go unnoticed however.

"Riiiight...so you don't know who you are then? Guess you don't know where you are then either. Would explain why a lovely lady such as yourself would be hanging around the dockside." The young man's posture seemed to shift slightly. "Wait right here a flicker love."

Taldren walked off to where the ship was being loaded from which she had come only moments before. He asked a few sailors something she could not make out and was directed to the captain who was overseeing the loading from the poopdeck. A few more questions resulted in a handshake and then Taldren made his way back to Anora.

"This way love, there's someone you need to see."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora nodded at the barage of questions from Taldren, then did as she was told, waiting right where he left her. Her eyes followed him around as he moved from the sailors to the captain, then back to her.

"Okay," she answered, ready to follow Taldren where ever he was leading her. She hitched up the dress, holding it up out of the dirt.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Taldren stuck out his arm at a somewhat crude attempt at chivalry and guided her away from the docks and into the city. Anora could tell that this city was not very old. Most of the houses were wooden and seemed rather new, judging from the lack of plantlife crawling up the walls and sprouting out of the rooftops. Save for the plantlife that had seemingly been left there to do just that. Some of the buildings were literally built around entire trees. The canopy providing shade to the streets below it.

As they walked, Anora saw adhiel everywhere. Other species seemed somewhat lacking. It was a beautiful day, yet the mood on the streets was rather grim. She received quite a few disdainful stares from people they passed.

Eventually they came up to a large round structure which was decorated all around with lovely flowers, built on a base of stone with a roof that seemed to be alive, green leaves waving in the breeze. They entered it through a large doorway, after which they found themselves in a large circular room that seemed to span the entirety of the building. On the walls colorful draperies and more flowers that seemed to grow right out of the wall gave the wooden structure a refreshing and happy feel.

"Paloma?! Priestess?! You home? Got a visitor for you!" Shortly after a woman dressed in a green robe, her hair tied in a long ponytail behind her head, leaving her sharp pointed ears exposed to the air, approached the two from behind one of the draperies. Apparently there was a room or passage behind it.

"Taldren, dear. How good to see you." She kissed the young man on the lips briefly, making him blush all over. "And who is this then? A guest?"

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora stared at Taldren's arm for a moment before putting her own arm through his. She did this on instinct, not really sure why she did it. It just seemed natural. It made it a bit more difficult to hold the dress up, so one side slipped down, though she stayed mostly covered.

As they walked, she noticed the town and the strange way the plants seemed to be built around or with. She looked around with large eyes, though when those eyes met the distainful glances, she looked away. Why didn't they like her? Her somewhat free hand slipped up to caress one of her own ears, feeling a bit of a point there. Was she some sort of freak for not having more pronounced ears? Could that be it?

The name Taldren called out didn't ring a bell, but its possible nothing would have for the little blond. She dropped her hand from his arm as the other woman walked out. She glanced up at her ears, then moved her hands to her hair, trying to cover her own. "I don't know. Do you know who I am?," she asked the woman, hoping maybe that's why she was brought here, that this Paloma would know her.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Paloma nodded as she heard Anora speak, looking at her before turning back to Taldren. "Be a dear and wait outside while me and your guest talk Taldren. You were right to bring her here." And then to Anora; Come dear, sit with me.

The priestess guided the young woman to a stack of pillows which lay along the wall of the room, and in fact seemed to cover a great measure of the floor of the temple. She offered her a seat and sat down in front of her, looking into Anora's eyes as if seeking something behind them.

"You do not know who you are? You must feel so alone and afraid. I am Paloma, High Priestess here in the Temple of Pan. You are in Seinor on the island of...on Pan's Isle. Does that mean anything to you?"

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora watched Taldren leave, a small measure of panic coursing through her before she was calm once again. He didn't know her and this lady seemed nice enough.

Sitting as indicated, the little blond arranged the dress as best as she could, her head tilted slightly as she regarded the tall priestess. The name of Pan caused something to flicker in her mind, but that was all it was, just a flicker. Nothing solid, no concrete memory. The blow to her head was too recent to have healed, so the bridge between short term memory and long term memory was just starting to be repaired. It caused her to frown, the emotion showing clearly in the aquamarine depths of her eyes.

"I don't think so," she said, her little nose scrunching up as she tried to make her mind work. "Pan's Isle...Seinor..." She tried the words out herself, hoping that hearing them on her own tongue might help, yet still, nothing. Her nimble fingers curled into fists as she struggled to remember anything, then a flash of pain scoured her head, causing her to shut her eyes as she let out a little grunt of discomfort. "Ah!" Her fists balled at her temples as she tried to make the pain go away. It was her body's way of telling her to stop, it was too soon. She didn't know this, of course, so it just made her try harder.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Paloma reached out and placed her hand on Anora's shoulder. "It's ok. No need to push yourself." Her voice had a soothing effect on Anora, the warm hand of the priestess seemingly drawing some of the negative energies away from the tormented mind of the lost woman.

"Trying to remember can have quite the opposite effect. After the war I've seen many men and women with head injuries, losing their memories for days, even weeks on end. Maybe telling me what you do remember will help. Afterwards we can get you settled in at an inn or with some of my people. They frown a bit on strangers, especially humans what with the Mouth nipping at our heels, but they are good people."

She got up and fetched a tray of fruit along with a pitcher of seemingly crystal clear water and some cups. She poured two of them and handed one to Anora, leaving the tray in the middle. "Please, eat, drink. And tell me your story. Pan watches over us in this place. Everything will be alright."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

The contact made Anora stop pressing against the blackness, her hands dropping from her temples. She opened her eyes wide as she looked up at Paloma, the blue depths tinged with confusion. "War? We are at war?," she asked. This didn't seem right, but her mind was so foggy, it was hard to know what was the truth.

"Oh, but I'm not full human!," she said, then looked confused. "I'm not?" It seemed this was news to the little amnesiac, her fingers running over her ears again. Maybe her mind was starting to come back.

She wrinkled her nose as she was asked to tell what she did remember. "I don't remember anything before waking up on board of the ship yesterday. I was dressed in pants and a shirt and the ship's healer said I was in the water for a couple of days," she said, taking the glass of what she thought was water and quickly moved to drink it down. She was still a bit dehydrated after her stint in the undrinkable sea.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The water was cool and refreshing, a hint of fruit or flower mingled with the taste of the water as she drunk it down quite rapidly, leaving a sweet aftertaste that seemed to remember her of something she had drunk before, somewhere, once upon a time. The memory was blurry however, though her exclamation at not being human was quickly backed up by shreds of images from what appeared to be her childhood.

Paloma sat and watched the young woman, pondering her own past as Anora did. "The War of the One waged heavily on our island. Still it is not, nor will it ever be the same as it was before. Our cities taken from us, our people driven into the woodland to live among the fair folk. These are dangerous times, not to mention for someone with no memory of who they are." Paloma had grown increasingly concerned with the wellbeing of her people over the past few moons. She had agreed to support the other factions of Pan's faith in rallying against the opposing forces that inhabited Tal'Fea and the southern reaches of the isle. Still, it did not sit entirely well with her, hints of which resounded in her voice.

"You will find there are many who believe the war will not end until the island is ours once more. I would advise you to stay clear of them until you discover your own purpose here." She poured another glass of water. "Pan has a hand in all things. It is not by accident you ended up here. I wonder though what part you are to play..."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

The water was refreshing and made Anora smile, though it flickered as strange memory flashes jumped in her mind. Why in the world was there a bar? The man behind it was smiling at her, flicking her ears, though his were just like them. He spoke to her in Adhiel, just a small phrase, but she understood it. "Faliu siori," she murmured softly.

Now she was getting really confused. "How can I play a part? I'm just a small woman who doesn't know who she is or what she is? What if I'm one of them?" This thought seemed to bother her greatly as her brows furrowed deeply and a look of great concern came over her features. One of the coins that had been in her pocket when she was found made its way to her fingers and quickly began to dance across them. It was an unconscious action, one that she did to help her think. Index finger, middle finger, ring finger, pinkie, again.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Paloma followed the motion of her hand, and then the coin with great interest as she listened to the response of the lost woman. She smiled as she drank from the fruity water herself once more. "Oh, but I think you know more about yourself than you realize. For one, that is not something you just picked up, did you?" She indicated the motion of the coin. "Also, I may have said something about your human nature, but your adhiel isn't bad. I've been speaking it for a while now..."

She drank once more while she gave Anora a little time to let the realization sink in. Paloma herself was one of the few adhiel in the city who bothered to learn the human tongue, especially now when most human influences were good and well banned from the streets. She continued in human once more. "As for your part to play. The gods work in mysterious ways. It is not always clearly visible to our eyes what it is they will of us. I am certain your path will become apparent when you're ready for it though."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora wasn't even aware of the coin in her hand. The motion was second nature. It went beyond memory of the mind to memory of the body. She glanced down and watched as the coin easily flowed over her fingers. That little wrinkle between her brows came back as she tried to remember where she picked up that trick. "Maybe its starting to come back?," she said, then realized what else Paloma said and pondered on that. She had understood, instinctively, adhiel. Maybe it had something to do with that man in the bar. But that meant that she was at least part adhiel herself. Then why was she so short?

She gave a sigh, then lifted her eyes back to Paloma. "Well, I hope I'm ready for it soon. This not knowing is rather irritating," she said with a sip of her water. "What shall I do in the meantime?"
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"I wouldn't break my head over it too much. If you did indeed come from a ship, it must have passed the island at some point. Maybe you could ask around if any of the fishermen have noticed anything while they were out at sea? First things first though, we need to get you a place to stay. I'm sure Selane at the Nymph and Satyr will set you up for a few days."

A glance passed over Anora's body, Paloma's hand reaching out and touching the fabric of the clothes she wore.

"And maybe a change of clothes won't do you harm either."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora nodded, finding Paloma's suggestion of asking the fishermen if they had heard of anyone going overboard. If anyone had heard, wouldn't it be them? She smiled brightly. "It would be greatly appreciated. And perhaps we could find me a job...and a name. I must be called something."

She looked down at her outfit and blushed. "The wife of the captian was a bit larger than myself and the clothes they found me in were tattered and torn. And change into something less likely to fall off would be nice. Thank you."
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"There is quite an adept seamstress in town by the name of Priscilla. I'll ask Taldren to take you to her. In the meantime I'll arrange for a room for you at the Nymph..." As if by magickal coincidence, Taldren appeared on the doorstep. "Ah, there you are dear. Could you take our guest to Priscilla and get her something new to wear? Afterwards she will be going..."

"...to the Nymph and Satyr. Yes, I know." He winked at Anora

"I was kinda..."

"Listening in?"

"...sort of."

"Well then, I'm sure you know what else there is to do. Once you dropped her off at Priscilla, go have a chat about town and see what you can dig up for our guest. I trust you'll have the decency to at least stay out of the dressing room while she changes..." Paloma winked. Taldren blushed. The priestess turned back to Anora. "Don't worry to much about work, I'm sure it's been a trying day for you already. We can talk more later if you wish. I am usually here. As for a name...I'm sure one will come to you."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora watched the exchange between Paloma and Taldren, slowly rising. She was a bit upset that he had been listening in, but it made it easier on her. He knew what was expected and was glad to have another helping hand in finding her way.

She walked over to the boy, then turned. "Thank you, Paloma, for everything." Moving quickly, she hugged Paloma, then returned to Taldren's side. "Shall we?"
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Paloma returned the hug and didn't say much as Anora and Taldren left the temple. She returned to her day to day tasks and tried to remember how many victims of war, refugees and otherwise she had given shelter among these walls and in this town. There were too many to count. And now this one had come with no knowledge of who she was or where she had come from. It was sad to see such helplessness in someone's eyes. Yet it felt good to know that she would be alright. At least for the time being. Who knew what secrets lay within the confines of her mind, or what person was sheltered within the dark recesses of her soul. For now...she was no one though. And those that needed help, deserved all they could get.

Taldren in the meantime led Anora along the streets of Seinor once more. It was getting later and the streets were busier now than they had been. They crossed a large square in front of a big circular building, which seemed to consist of living trees entirely, grown in an intricate pattern to form walls and a roof. Through some more streets they eventually stopped in front of a rather small house which was apparently built against another massive tree. Taldren stepped to the side of the door after pushing it open. "After you."

Entering the small building revealed a shop of some kind. Three walls had windows in them, looking out over the streets. There was nothing on display in the window, but a large table in the middle filled with all sorts of cloth and other fabrics, aswell as several stools and a large mirror made it hard to mistake this for anything but a tailor's place. A small bell had chimed as Taldren had opened the door, which soon summoned forth a woman from behind a curtain in the back wall. She was very short, even for adhiel standards. She did not seem very old. Her raven black hair hung loosely over her shoulders. Her petite appearance clad in a mixture of radiant colors the likes of which Anora did not remember ever having see...sorry.

"Good morningtide dears. What can I do for you, oh don't tell me..." She walked up to Anora and walked a swift circle around her. "Tsk tsk...not your size, nor your color at all dear. Who dressed you? Your grandfather? Tsk tsk...nonono. This simply won't do at all."

Taldren stepped up. "Paloma asked if I could bring her here. She is new to town and doesn't know anyone, I'll be dropping her off at the inn later." The woman smiled. "Say no more dear. Say no more. She'll be ready round the third or second mark of tradetide." She extended a hand to Anora. "My name's Priscilla dear, and they say I'm good with a needle." She giggled. "So, what's your fancy?"

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora's eyes, always large, seemed even larger as Taldren moved her through the town. Everything was all about trees, it seemed. Quite lovely. Somewhere, deep inside, she knew she had never seen anything of its like before. But since it was so far down, she simply figured she didn't remember.

Then, they were entering what looked like a small house. When the proprietress came out, a smile blossomed on Anora's face. Someone closer to her own size. Much better. And then the lady began to rattle off questions and answers all in a row. It didn't give her much time think. Taking her hand, she said, "Its nice to meet you, Priscilla. I'm...Ah..." She paused, still not able to pull up a name.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Priscilla looked at Anora, then at Taldren and then back at Anora. "Centaur's got your tongue dear? Tis no matter." She turned to Taldren. "So, you plan on standing there the whole time or do you have things to do boy?" Taldren flushed a little again and spoke to Anora; "I'll return shortly, you're in good hands, don't worry."

"Yes, yes, now be off with you. Can't have a lady undress with prying eyes all around. Come dear, we have our work cut out for us." She offered her hand to Anora and led her to the curtain in the back of the small shop. in the meantime she took out a measuring tape with the other hand and snatched up a pincushion all in one go. Behind them, Taldren lingered a few flickers longer before turning around and leaving.

As Priscilla opened the curtain, Anora found herself faced with an array of color. Inside the tree against which the small shop was built, a room had been carved which rose roughly two stories over their heads. Against the walls, aswell as on mannequins which were scattered all throughout the large room, the most wonderful fabrics were draped or rolled up in neat piles, sorted by fabric and color and most likely cost. There was a chair in the center, near a large table which held stacks of paper and an array of colored swatches of fabric.

"You'd think that in Seinor, you couldn't get this, do you? Luckily for me the traders that come here bring me all sorts of nice goodies from all over the Seven Isles, from the Citadel to Amun Rah. I even have some fabric from King's Court if that is more to your liking." Priscilla obviously prided herself in her inventory. "Ofcourse, I am the only tailor in the city, so not much competition to vie against for the better cloths." She started walking around Anora as she spoke, measuring her waist, legs, arms, neck and bosom.

"You strike me as someone who dresses in blues...I have a nice selection of colors to choose from. Or am I completely mistaken?"

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora nodded as Taldren made his way out, frowning ever so slightly. I need a name. Everyone has a name. A...An... Those two letters sounded right together. "Andie. My name is Andie." No, that wasn't quite right, but it would do for now. She smiled brightly, though, finally having a name to call herself.

She gave a small gasp as she looked up at all the colors. "It is amazing," she said, the word 'Citadel' setting off the fluttering sensation. She tried to pin it down, but it got away. Then the question came as to what she normally wore. She pondered, remembering the clothes they had found her in out in the water. The pants had been black and the shirt a light blue. "I think you might be right," she replied. "But you are the expert here. I leave it to you to chose."
Dorothy Parker

Return to “Triangle Islands”