[Sierra: Jungle] By Nature's Hand -Jygust 30th MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Thorn
Civus

[Sierra: Jungle] By Nature's Hand -Jygust 30th MT

Post by Thorn »

The Jungle of Sierra

The vibrant life of the jungle enveloped you with your first steps. The air was filled with the shrill calls of birds, the deep croaks of toads and the ever present buzz of insect things. Very few trails are blazed into the jungle and fewer still survive more than a week before the jungle reclaims it. The main exceptions are the two trails that lead to the main supply of fresh water for Realt, deep freshwater pools that never seem to empty.

Time Unknown
Approximately Around Trade Tide

For many three waxing and fading of the moon he tarried, lost within the foliage of the Jungle. He did not care, he had lost caring for the affairs of the human world and turned his back from them since Taloh was thrown like sands into the chaos of the wind. This was his world now, this was his new T'aquar and She was his new keeping and under his custody, She would flourish and a day shall come when Nature shall ravage the civilizations of man and the world shall enter a new age. For three waxing and fading of the moon, he had tried to delve his essence with Her, trying to understand Her; Her very essence: each plant, animal and insect the Shaper communed...

Letting himself be felt... Introducing... Calling... Guarding... Caring...

Each day, he learned a few, each day, he prayed She would understand him and embrace him, never losing hope of the day that She would be the new promised land. Like T'aquar... Weep for the sons and daughter of T'aquar for they are no more... The Adhiel had wept all of his tears away and there was only numbness, a lonely numbness that gnawed within him, eating him, yet he stood fast for Her, for this land that beckons him.

"I am here!" He whispered, softly walking through the heavy foliage of the Jungle, indifferent of his whereabouts, focusing only to the whispering voices he could only hear, calling each day and each night. "I am here..." Thorn whispered once more. With a gentle caress, he touched a tree before him, closing his eyes, feeling the wind caressing his uncombed hair, touching his cheeks and softly rustling the once regal Shaper Robe he was wearing. "I have come!"

With all his soul, he delved deeply into Her very essence, letting his inner ears hear the voices he was hearing, trying to see with inner eyes the spirits of nature, the ancient animals and plant that embodies each natural being. He started with the tree he was touching, trying to hear its voice as he softly murmured to it, soothing, enticing it to open itself, encouraging the spirit of the tree to hear his voice so that through the tree, the Shaper could expand his inner awareness throughout the Jungle, trying to seek those voices. "Will you not listen to me? Will you not open yourself?" He asked with throbbing kindness and compassion.

"Talk to me, I am here... Will you not open yourself to me?"
[size=75][b]Avatar by Byron Albrando[/b][/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

Thorn walked amidst the jungle for many days, sleeping underneath the canopy of a world that was so much like his old home, and yet nothing like it at all. The energies of the jungle were different from what he knew. The trees and plants were ancient and unforgiving. He had set foot on many different places of the island ever since his arrival. The University and the town of Réalt but a vague memory after all this time spent with the jungle and it's guarding spirits.

For guarding spirits there were.

He called out to the jungle and react it did. He could feel the raw energy of life, the vibrant call of the forest be directed towards him every time he sought the connection. The first times this had happened it had seen him as an intruder, but as the weeks passed the jungle had come to accept him more and more a part of the jungle. Though to him it was unknown if this meant he was accepted, the jungle had seemingly concluded he was at least not a threat to it's existance.

And now it was he called out to her again. he had walked a great many leagues this day, plant life giving way more easily now to him as it had before. The dense foliage of a jungle paradise granting him passage through it as he walked. He stood there asking it to open itself to him.

His next step touched cold, cut stone.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

And walked he did for countless flickers of the moment and walked he further, deeper into the Jungle, eyes closed, ears perked, trying to perceive Her voice, trying to understand, trying to mold in Her essence, in the oneness of being with Her. He could feel Her everywhere yet She was ever elusive, like a man trying to vainly catch a ray of sunlight with bare hands, he could not fully penetrate through the thick foliage protection that cloaked Her.

Thorn walked further, neither caring where She may lead him, unconcerned with what path to take, his heart swelling when he felt the path before him gently opening, as if a huge velvet curtain was being parted before him, letting him enter into Her sanctuary. Am I here? The young adhiel called out silently with his soul, yearning to be heard, yearning to hear her. Can you here me? I am here! He was not afraid of Her, even She be unforgiving and untamed, a complete opposite of T’aquar. She calls me!

She? Perhaps, mistook he was by the land. For each land has its own entity, its gender. With T’aquar, it was a female and perhaps with this land…

He? Perhaps, that was the reason it took him so long to commune with the land for the druid had beckoned with soft gentleness bequeathing a fragile woman. Feeling the moss carpet filled soil with his bare feet, Thorn walked further, musing, pondering, his eyes ever closed to hear with inner soul the voice of the land and with profound alter of his thoughts, he called once more with an equal voice of brotherhood.

Brother… I…

The young adhiel shaper suddenly paused in mid-step when he felt his bare feet touching something alien, something that was not a part of the nature, and something, which was made and crafted by civilization. Slowly, he opened his brown eyes to see what the Jungle had opened for him.

Brother… What have you shown me?
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

A sudden rush of wind whisked through the trees, rustling leaves overhead, stirring a flock of brightly colored birds which scattered up, leaving a multi-colored trail in the bright blue sky, which itself was only barely visible through the dense foliage that covered this section of jungle.

Amidst the twilight, Thorn opened his eyes and gazed down at what appeared to be a slab of cut stone, rectangular in shape, covered mostly by dense undergrowth. Upon closer inspection it appeared to have once been a shade of white or light yellow, black, brown and silvery veins running through the stone like little veins of blood.

The forest whispered to him. A gentle voice that spoke a strange tongue. He sensed an energy nearby, an energy that seemed to draw from his touch of the stone. Not malignant, motherly, nurturing. The trees and plants around him rustled. Before him a path of sorts seemed to become visible, plant life moving aside, giving way to more of these stones which seemed to be placed in perfect alignment along the jungle floor, leading to a yet invisible destination.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

It was a road made of stone, hidden by nature and worn out by time. He marveled as he watched the plants covering the road slithered away, revealing and opening the path for him, curiously straining to look beyond the road and see what lies beyond the end.

Thorn had been living inside the Jungle for three months now and he had learned to trust the Jungle, knowing it would not hurt him. So, unbemused and with open curiosity, the young shaper adhiel walked along the stony path, treading silently upon the cut stone, feeling the rough, weathered cold stone with his bare feet, wondering what the Jungle was showing him.

With slight frown, the young shaper noticed the veins running through the stone and kneeling down for closer inspection, he reached forth with his hand and touched the silvery vein, smudging it with his fingers, sniffing the stains and if need be, tasting it, mentally rummaging inside his mind trying to decipher if it was some kind of mineral or fungus or another kind of plant life.

Lured like a fish, Thorn stood up and looked around the forest, trying to pinpoint where the whispers were coming from. Are you talking to me, brother earth? The shaper asked the stony path. Are you calling me, brother trees? Straining to hear more, the shaper walked further along the weathered stoned path, the whispers leading him on.

As a shaper apprentice, he could feel that the Jungle was teeming with life, with energy and it was those live energy that they shape and for Thorn, he could hear all the living energies with with inner mind and communicate with them, it was how he shaped the nature, each with its own voice, each with its own personality. Each plant, each animal, even the wind and the very earth he tread upon was teeming with voices and spirits.

Was it the familiar sense of the natural energy that he had felt? It was familiar enough, nurturing, like the essence of T'aquar, motherly and harmless. With his mind, he opened himself to the energy that beckons him, still following the opened path that lies before him.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The path before him had clearly not been trodden for quite some time. Plant life was teeming all over it and even though the jungle itself felt like it was granting him passage, he'd still have to overcome the obstacles of large roots and dense brush to keep following the path that went in pretty much a perfectly straight line to wherever it was the path led.

After walking like this for some time, Thorn felt the jungle was changing around him. Every step he took he sensed the energy of the trees and plants alter, like something else was hidden among the living presence of the forest. It felt different. It was not at all similar to what life should feel like. If it had to be compared to something, one might compare it to...wards.

And then...the road ended. And before him stood a very, very, very tall wall of massive stone. Strange symbols were etched into the stone onto a small rectangular slab right in front of him, two fist sized holes to each side of the small plaque.

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

The foliage that he had to overcome were nothing to him, what piqued his adhiel curiosity was the alien force he could sense hiding deep within the forest. Of course, the wards he had felt in the University of Magick were clearly alien for him, although they seemed to be alive, there were something artificial about them, their spirit that held those arcane energies were bounded by some unknown mechanical or scientific law the druid shaper could not comprehend, as if they crafted and made, forced by wizards and mages into the desired spells they would want to accomplish.

He wasn't sure about the wards hiding behind the natural energies of the Jungle. Was it crafted by wizards and sorcerers or perchance, the protection was shaped by druids? He needed to know and curious, he opened his eyes to perceive the spirit world of Nature. For Thorn, the Jungle exploded with life. Each flora held its own fauna inside of it, an essence of its spirit and it was through those natural spirits that the shaper shaped the natural world, communicating with them and asking for their help.

Still in tuned to the natural aether, the adhiel shaper walked forward, sidestepping the feet (which were the roots) of the spirit of the trees and walking carefully over the tiny spirits of each small plants and flowers that seemed to impede him. But it was not those floral spirits he would turn to, he would seek the spirits of the wards to know if they were artificial spirits crafted by wizards or natural spirits shaped by druids and he would communicate with them and trying to test what they were for.

He continued to probe around his surrounding with his eyes still tuned to the Aether of Nature until the road ended right in front of a massive stone wall. Frowning, he carefully traced the engraved symbol with his left hand, trying to decipher what they were for. Curiously, he peeked inside the two holes on each side of the plaque and puzzled, he stepped back, unsure of what to do.

Perhaps, the spirit of the stone shall tell me. He mused, a bit unsure if that was the right thing to do for stone spirits were very hard to communicate with, their perspective and perception quite different from living natural entities. With nothing else to do, still tuned to the Aether of Nature, the Shaper Druid squinted his eyes, looking straight into the very core of the massive stone, looking for the spirit that dwelt within.

"Brother Stone..." He called, his voice melodic, trying to gently awaken the dormant essence of the stone. "Brother Stone, will you not talk to me? What is your name and what do you do here?"
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Zri ni gan, to reth no zhal.
Parath ni tugh ne der.
Tri ohn cal niren bar.

As his fingers touched the plaque, a tingling sensation passed from his fingers through his hand and arm, subsiding would he remove his hand from the stone. Along with it, words formed in his mind, words he could not understand, but which seemed to sing to him in a strange yet somewhat familiar language.

Casting a glance inside the holes would reveal a whole lot of darkness.

He then looked at the wall. No...inside the wall. Seeking the spirit that was responsible for it. Yet there seemed to be no spirit inside the stone. It had been cut from living rock, life long extinguished amidst the vibrant energies of the island. But as his eyes sought beyond the veil of the Aether, they found something else. There was a presence there, something powerful. Beyond the wall he sensed a being, slumbering. Stirring because of his probe. His presence. It was hard to miss, even to an untrained mind. Had it been only a vague background energy emission before, touching the stone had stirred it.

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

The strange words swam inside the chambers of his mind, filling him and overpowering him until all he could sea and hear was the words. He could not understand it, and like a butterfly addicted to the nectars of the flowers, the shaper was drawn to the eldritch words that beckoned him.

He should have realized that that massive stone held no spirit within, yet, for the druid shaper, all things carried a life, a spirit, a name that was still connected back to the primal spirit of Tazlure.

But, his disappointment was immediately replaced when his inner awareness accidentally delved beyond the massive stone and sensed a presence, a powerful presence. Ancient? He wasn't sure and with alarm, he quickly pulled back his mind as not to awaken the slumbering presence.

What was it? It was the question that echoed inside his mind and surely, the stone, the strange words and the powerful presence were connected and weaved together like a tapestry. But, will the tapestry be something malignant or something wonderful to behold.

The moments flickered by without Thorn noticing as he stood before the stone wall, stuck like the stone before him, unsure of what to do as he reasoned out if he should continue beyond the wall and answer the curiosity that nagged him.

As a shaper druid that shared a link with nature and the environment, the adhiel knew the dangers locked within the very folds and seams of nature. But She will not hurt me! He reasoned out, Am I not Her loyal son? And is it our duty to understand Her very nature? Very well...

"Zri ni gan, to reth no zhal," Thorn whispered oh so softly, his voice barely audible yet he cast those words towards the presence that slumbered beyond the wall. "Parath ni tugh ne der. Tri ohn cal niren bar." And while he muttered those strange, familiar words, he lifted his steady hands and started tracing the etched symbols upon the rock, trying to listen to the strange words once more and tuning his adhiel ears beyond the words but right into the understanding of those ancient words.

Slowly, he delved deeply, into the his inner calmness, seeking the path to the balance of nature within him, and with a gentle caress, the shaper gently probed with his mind once more, opening his eyes to look at the primal spirit and force of the Tether and like a butterfly, he fluttered his mind lightly into the powerful presence, slowly and gently rousing it to wake.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

As his hand traced the outline of the wordings on the plaque, he felt his mind be drawn to the energy that seemed to appear at his touch. As he sang the words he heard in his mind, as his fingers traced the letters he seemed to know but didn't, he felt himself lose his being to the dream which seemed to call to him.

His own aura extended to encompass the letters. It appeared as if the color was drawn from his body directly into the sigil before him. He could feel his head getting light, his mind leaving him.

The presence he had sensed before was still there. Though he could detect no change in it's being. All he felt right now was his own mind being drawn into the rock before him.
Last edited by Brytan on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

And he left himself be lost, opening himself further and further, fully embracing the dream that beckons him, believing that it would not hurt him. Was he not a part of the Jungle now? Was he not a shaper? A druid who walks with the path of Nature?

Zri ni gan, to reth no zhal.
Parath ni tugh ne der.
Tri ohn cal niren bar.

He whispered them over and over like a mantra and slowly, he lifted both his hands and pushed each into the hole, pouring all his awareness into the rock that stood before him, the strange symbols etched upon it.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

He passed out.
Not into a dream, not a slumber or a thought remained.
His mind left him completely as blackness overtook him.

Zho Lagar, Do trimen pareth Thorn.
Goh len, dri'an pri keth zdu dah.
Dri ehn wi done to pireth.

Why have kil'er dro?

The words hovered back into his conciousness after a while. He had no idea how long he had been out. As he opened his eyes he found himself looking up at a stone ceiling, made out of what appeared to be similar stone the wall had been comprised of. he lay on a rather hard bed of sorts, torches lit the room he was in.

Beside him sat a woman. She was dressed in white. Her hands were moving as they dabbed a wet piece of cloth on his head, wrung it out over a bucket and replaced it after dipping it in more water. Her eyes were a bright golden color, narrow black slits for pupils looked at him from a rather pale face, covered in nearly white scales. Her hair was long and blond. Despite her alien appearance, he felt a sense of comfort emanating from her, like a mother watching over one of her children.

You are awake. How do you feel?

The adhiel words flowed into his mind. A smile being the only thing that appeared on her lips.

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

The Adhiel could still hear the fading echoes of those strange yet hauntingly familiar words that beckoned him, as if echoing from a distant place he could never know. He didn't know how, but somehow, he could could understand some of the words, yet, with utter frustration, he couldn't understand what the voice was telling him despite the fact that his name was uttered by those strange whispers.

For Thorn, it was just a blink of an eye. A few flicker of moments ago, the young shaper was standing before the colossal one piece stone wall, blocking his path to whichever destination the cobblestone road was leading him and now, without him even noticing, here he was...

...Wherever here was...

The Shaper Druid was not afraid, he knew, wherever the Spirits of the Island had taken him, he would be safe, he would be taken care of. Untroubled, he sat up and look with first glance at his surrounding until his brown eyes rested upon the eldritch creature before him. She was the only thing that astonished him. With deep curiosity, the shaper regarded her long blond hair, her golden eyes and black slit pupils and her ivory scaly skin. Oh, he had never seen nor imagined such magnificent creature and with profound interest, he lifted his hand to touch her skin, trying to check if she was but a mere figment of her imagination.

Eldritch, Scaly looking female wrote:You are awake. How do you feel?

He gasped silently as he heard her silent voice echoing inside the chambers of his mind, yet, despite the strangeness of it all, he could not help but smile at her, at the chosen language she had used for it had been a very long time since he had heard his mother tongue spoken and the memory of T'aquar washed him with profound longing and yearning.

"Am I suppose to feel something, Great Lady?" Thorn replied in adhiel, his voice deep yet musical and hearing his own words, hearing himself converse in the Adhiel Tongue, sent another boyish smile across his face. "Great Lady," the shaper continued, taking back his hand but not his brown eyes from her, "will you not tell me where I am?" But then, he remembered his manners and with a sheepish smile, he introduced himself. "Forgive my hasty manners, Lady, I am named Thorniel of the House of Xecra, I was born in Tel Arannae Quessir, the Land of the First People, now forsaken, Her dying people scattered into the winds like sands..." There was bitterness in his voice and deep sorrow in his eyes.

"Will you tell me your name, Great Lady..." He paused for a flicker of moment and then, as if gathering his courage, the young Adhiel continued. "...And will you tell me what race you are? For I have not seen magnificent creatures like you, are you perchance of the dragonkind?"
Last edited by Thorn on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

You are fortunate to be feeling anything at all. The lady replied simply. Your gift was generously given but it was foolish to offer me all that you were. She shook her head gently in the universal way of mother's chiding their young. She listened quietly as Thorn introduced himself. At the words, Land of the First People, her eyes glittered with amusement and then closed. She let out a deep breath and opened her eyes again.

"My name?" Her eyes blinked slowly as she considered the question. I have not had occasion to use it in some time. My people called me Mother. He always called me siori faliu. She closed her eyes once more and fell silent for a moment. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

Amanare. She decided at last and opened her eyes. You may call me Amanare and yes once the blood of dragons flowed in my veins though only my mother respected that birthright. Amanare removed the cloth and held down a gracefully taloned hand. Can you stand?
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

"Gift, Great Lady?" The young shaper asked, quizzically looking at her. "I do not understand, I have not given you any gift at all or offered you anything. Last thing I know, I was standing in the Jungles of Sierra before a stone wall with strange inscriptions etched upon its surface, with voices calling me, beckoning me in a language that I could not fathom. Beyond the stone I sensed a great presence, a slumbering presence and it was upon that presence that called for. What happened to me?" He fell silent and turned to look fully at her eyes. "Were you that slumbering presence, Lady? Are you the Essence of Sierra? The Spirit of whom I yearn for to protect and communicate?"

Amanare wrote:He always called me siori faliu

Oh, Thorn silently sighed, his young heart yearning to be called by such a name, yearning to be loved, yearning to connect to another person, someone who could complete him and fill the empty places of his life. Sioru faliu... My eternal love... When would someone call me that as well, that someone who could save me from the depths of my loneliness... When will I find love? Reaching for her scaly cheek, the young adhiel brushed the single tear away, yet he himself could not brush the yearning that ache within the chambers of his heart. "It is not my intention to cause you grief, Great Lady." He apologized softly, his face twisted in profound aching loneliness.

Her answers only gave him a dozen more questions, and reaching for her hand, Thorn nodded and tried to stand with the woman's help. "I thank you, Lady Amanare." He replied, trusting her completely and opening to her like a lost son who yearned for a mother, his hand never leaving hers.

"You mentioned your people, Lady, where are they? Are they of the Dragonkind like you are? I mean no disrespect, Lady, but, what exactly are you and where am I?" Yet, he could not ask the most important question that lingered in his head.

Who was him that called you sioru faliu?
Last edited by Thorn on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Amanare looked confused at Thorn's many questions. "Have my children so lost their manners that they would leave you to wander through the lifeways in ignorance." She shook her head. "I see I shall have to remind them how to properly treat guests."

"Yes the presence you felt was me, little fonkin." She patted his hand. "The stone that you touched was a conduit for life energies to power the magicks built right into the stones of our lifeways. They were never meant for such as you." Amanare sighed. "Only your strength of spirit kept you from being drained dry in an instant. But instead of saving yourself you continued to pour your energy into the weave. You died, Thorniel." She said softly, "but once I became aware of this, I could not leave it so. I returned a portion of your energies to you and brought you here to recover." She closed her eyes and sat back with a sigh. "Already the peace of long sleep calls to me."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

ooc: Edited and added a few
[hr][/hr]
Unable to believe what he had just heard, the young adhiel gasped out loud and stepped back a pace, his eyes brimming with profound shock! I died?! For the first time, fear overshadowed him, fear of the Nature that he longed to protect. The young Shaper thought that it would never hurt him and he realized that he was wrong and realized that Nature would care not whether you be a powerful druid or the least creature in Tazlure. It was his mistake and he learned from it.

Like a seven-headed Hydra that could never be killed, Amanare's answers only created a dozen more questions forming inside his mind. What is she? Is she the Mother Incarnate made flesh? She Who Gave Gave Birth to Tazlure? Is She the Spirit of Sierra?

With a confused frown set upon his weathered adhiel face, the shaper shook his head as if trying to clear the cobwebs that fogged his mind. "I do not understand, Great Lady Amanare. Your answers are riddles and I am faced with more questions. Lifeways? Your children? There are no more people in this Jungle, Noble Lady. The trees and the animals have taken the Jungle back to Her keeping." Thorn replied with certain bravado, seemingly approving of what the Nature has done. "Ruins are the remains of the ancient civilizations that had lived within this jungle."

"No!" Thorn almost cried out loud in anguish, deeply troubled at Amanare's last statement. "Noble Lady! You must not! You cannot go back to slumber!" Filled with anguish, the young adhiel took her hand, afraid that the lady would disappear right on that flicker of a moment. "You cannot, Lady Amanare! As the Spirit of this Land, you must protect the jungle of Sierra. Already, the people are ravaging and violating her. The uncaring humans are going inside the Jungle and slowly, they are taking the Jungle and stealing from the ruins of the ancient civilizations, making it theirs! Will you not protect Her?"

Greatly agitated, the young Shaper turned and merging with the Spirit of Nature, he called forth the totem spirit of the Wind, she who could see everything, and with a graceful movement of an adhiel, Thorn dipped his finger upon the bucket of water. "Spirit of the Wind, she who sees everything, come and show us the ravage of T'aquar."

"Look and see the sorry plight of T'aquar, Lady Amanare!" The young Adhiel looked up, his eyes full of sorrow and pain. "How can you slumber when Sierra is being raped? Will you let Sierra share the same sorrow of T'aquar?"
Last edited by Thorn on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Thorn called upon the spirit of wind, and as his finger touched the water, the surface of the bucked rippled out from his touch, only to reveal images of far away. Distant lands being scorched and defiled by demons and men. The people of Taquar killed, enslaved or worse.

Amanare looked at the images and heard his words. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she stood up and turned away from Thorn.

"Your gift awakened me, that is true. But where once the energy of my people sustained my presence here, I do no longer feel their gift. This island has lingered out of my grasp for too long. Now I am not certain how long I can remain. Despite my wish to stay here, it appears my children have forgotten their ways as well as their manners."

Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

"NO!" Thorn cried out lout in anguish yet a part of him grieved for the tears that Lady Amanare had shed. "I cannot accept this, Great Lady. You cannot! You must not!" The young adhiel, in his innocence, pleaded as if like a young boy pleading in front of his matriarch.

"Then..." In desperation, the young druid looked around as if the answer to his dilemma could be found within grasp's reach. "Then..." There was nothing else for him to do. He would have done it for T'aquar yahren's ago and now, having lost the Nation of the First People, he could not let this go by, this piece of virgin land, wasting away like a vague memory. Grabbing the woman's hand, Thorn had made his decision.

"Then... accept me, accept my gift. I do not care for my life anymore as long as this land would be protected. I would have done it for T'aquar, now I am doing it for Sierra. I do not know what had befell your children, Lady Amanare, but I shall be YOUR child. I would sustain you if need be, until the ends of time or let me summon your children and bring them together and remind them that you have not abandoned them... Let me go in instead of you. But I beg of you, do not abandon this land, do not abandon your children." And then, opening himself, as if opening the floodgates of his soul, psyche and his essence, he started passing everything, all of himself into the essence of Amanare. It was a sacrifice he was willing to take.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

As Thorn gave himself over to the spirit woman, feeding his essence into the dream, another tear rolled down her cheek.

"No."

The room around Thorn faded as he felt his energy cast into a thousand directions upon her refusal, only to collapse back upon him in one massive surge of power that brought him back to some form of consciousness.

When vision returned, He was no longer in the room he had been in before, but in a large dome shaped room. In the center of the room was a pedestal upon which a larger than life statue of a great dragon roared at the sculpted sky engraved upon the dome ceiling. Rays of sunlight cast in through an array of small openings, like stars shining in the darkness. The wings of the dragon spread across nearly the entire room. The webbing like crystal, reflecting the light from the ceiling and focusing it onto a single spot on the ground in front of the dragon, where a black crystalline staff lay on an altar covered in arcane writing and three hand print impressions embedded in the stone.

Amanare stood in front of the altar, gazing up at the staff and the statue of the dragon.

"You must understand, Thorniel. You must know that I am not what you think me to be. I am not some nature spirit. Not like you would have me. It is true that once, the whole island thrived under the influences of the Dream. But the Dream can not sustain itself. It needs dreamers."

She turned around, her physical form almost translucent.

"I sense an energy on the island. People are coming. But not all of them bring misfortune to my home. Like you." She stepped towards him and held out her hand. In it a shard of black, glossy stone. Almost like glass. One single vein of silver ran a jagged line across the surface. "You are a dreamer Thorniel. You are a child of Kanthanar in so many ways, and yet none at all. Were you to give me your life, I would remain in the Tether for a few days perhaps. But your dreams will sustain me forever."

She placed the shard in his hand and kissed him gently on the lips.

"Take the shard and go. Go back to your people and live. If you meet my children, my kin, show them the shard and they will know you for a friend. As long as you hold it, I will always be able to find you in dreams. And you me."

Return to “Triangle Islands”