Through the Jungle very softly flits a shadow... (Late MT)

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Kytani Hajgomb
Civus

Through the Jungle very softly flits a shadow... (Late MT)

Post by Kytani Hajgomb »

Kytani was a changed woman and, so she felt, for the better. The little ‘event’ in the Explorer’s Guild had taught her that, well, she did not know every damned thing under the sun. Far from it. Nor could she survive alone, for if her warp had occurred without her quick-thinking pack mates…

The young woman shuddered at the thought, picturing (only briefly) her furless humanoid skin on display as a hunter’s trophy – or worse, her body frozen forever mid-warp as the mages cast preservative spells upon her whole corpse so that the ‘oddity’ could be forever examined by tourists to the island.

She had gotten off lucky and while Scarlet had thrown skins over her to hide the transformation, it was Xenovia – and no other – who had covered her feline ass in the figurative sense even in the midst of a fight. That is what cemented in the panther Kanthrop’s mind the desire to concede ‘defeat’. Now, the moment and place behind them, she walked among her fellow Kanthrops under the more familiar-feeling canopy of trees and away from the human dwellings. Their huts may have been equally cramped, but there was just something about the human habitations that made them seem to be even more tightly confined.

She was sure that her fellow kin felt the same, although she left it up to them to voice it. For now, she was happy to have her feet uncovered and the soft mossy undergrowth of the forest floor licking the spaces between her toes once more.

Now that she had warped, Sierra’s jungle felt a lot more like ‘home’ to her.

Minus the Cryers, of course…

OOC: Hope you guys don’t mind a little nudge for momentum. My kitty wants to plaaaaay!
[hr]“Through the Jungle very softly flits a shadow and a sigh - / He is Fear, O Little Hunter, he is Fear!” ~ Rudyard Kipling[/hr][hr][/hr]
Last edited by Kytani Hajgomb on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." - [b]Hippolyte Taine[/b]

Totally [i]EPIC[/i] avatar by Funky!!!
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

Xenovia's aura of tense readiness faded considerably once they reached the safe cover of the jungle's dense foliage. Once they were safely away from any prying eyes (save for the ones they'd brought along), Xen had removed most of her clothing. She didn't care either way at that point, as long as her skin could breathe once more. Nevermind that her deathly pale skin and brilliant golden eyes might unsettle the sleepers. They would likely see worse before the trip was over.

Now, wearing her more familiar and comfortable kanthar, Xenovia moved through the jungle in her easy, loping way, as if she were always falling a little, shifting at the last moment to catch her descent and begin anew. Her sharp eyes darted this way and that without resting, her head turning about in an almost birdlike way. Her wild hair, free from the confines of her hood, had returned with a new vengeance. The humidity of the jungle made the already-tangled strands flip outward without warning, but Xenovia seemed not to notice. In fact, Xenovia never seemed to notice the finer details of personal grooming, despite her avian inclinations. As always, a spear found itself in her grip, the butt of the weapon thunking along softly with her footsteps. The change was visible: Xenovia stood taller, moved with more assurance, and exuded confidence. A little like a leader -- and a lot like someone who was glad to be back amidst trees.

She still didn't trust it. So much had gone wrong thus far, yet all of a sudden Kytani was being reasonable and they had made it to the jungle without incident. Something terrible is going to happen..

This thought brought her hands to her famirl, where she had tucked the blades Calraen had given her so that she might run more easily. Yet they still hung free -- not the safest place for them to be. Xenovia moved to the Dreamweaver's side without seeming to look for him. But she was keeping close track of the entire group: Muraco and Scarlet were to head up the back, to make sure their guests didn't try to escape. Kytani, Calraen and herself walked up front. Xenovia had said very little since they reached the jungle, yet now she spoke -- softly, so that foreign ears might not hear.

"I am assuming, from what you said earlier, that you know where we are going." A brief pause as she carefully removed the twin blades from her famirl, then, "Also, this isn't the safest way to carry these..."
[size=84][i]"When the sun is gone I see you:
beautiful and haunting, but cold;
like the blade of a knife so sharp, so sweet --
nobody knows your heart." - Princess Mononoke[/i][/size]
Calraen
Civus

Post by Calraen »

Calraen walked up front with the others, as eager to get awy form the village as the rest. His spirit was one that needed freedom and he could very well identify with these kit that had joined on the hunt. Or rather, that had been sent on the hunt by his mother. Their mother.

His eyes were closed most of the time. He recalled coming to this island so long ago. It must have been centuries since he had last set foot in this jungle. He imagined how it had looked when Amanare reigned here, lush forests held back by her creations. Now the jungle ruled, and his sister's essence was barely noticable.

But it was there.

He sensed his sister, slumbering in the jungle. Somewhere deep in the center, behind the layers and layers of foliage and thick trunks of trees. He sensed other energies aswell, the magick of the jungle. Spirits long past which lingered on the edge between the Tether and the Aether. Like himself they too needed the energy of the black crystal to walk this plain. His eyes flicked to the Bane.

"The black crystal should awaken Amanare aswell, then we can get the spear and set this right."

It was still unclear to him why his mother had asked all three keys be united once more. What would happen if they were brought together? Even he had not lived long enough to see the unbridled power of his mother at work. After all, she had died in her sleep, her children but a magickal dream. A dream which had been roughly disturbed...

"I am assuming, from what you said earlier, that you know where we are going." A brief pause as she carefully removed the twin blades from her famirl, then, "Also, this isn't the safest way to carry these..."

Calraen glanced to the side where Xenovia walked. His eyes, pupils narrow, his head now free of the dark hood, shooting from the bare blades to the face of this young girl. He had given her the blades, and she had taken them. More black crystal in the hands of mortals. They would not understand it's potence. So he chose not to speak of it.

"My sister has walked these woods for many centuries. I sense her energy everywhere. The imprint she left on this land is great, but her own energy is still more powerful." He turned his eyes forward again, his profile being dark. His skin covered in silvery black scales like the large dragon Xenovia had spotted all those marks ago. "I know where we must go to find her. But it will take us a while to get there. Especially with those two..." He indicated the dwarf and the human. "They are slow and weak, they can not travel these lands like our kind can."

"As for the blades..." He flicked his cloak back, revealing his body. He wore similar clothing to what all male kanthrop wore, light, easy and not a lot of room to pack stuff in. The only thing that added to the outfit was a girdle made out of a dark leather. "Unless you gain a few pounds, I doubt you will be able to wear this. But you are more than happy to give it a shot."

The Dreamweaver even managed a smile.
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

When Calraen first spoke, it was not of the daggers in her hand, but instead of his sister. Xenovia's eyes had been turning this way and that in their sockets, but now she seemed to look closer, as if trying to see that which the Dreamweaver could sense. Magic, shamanism, whatever it was called, was not something Xenovia was familiar with. She lacked the imagination and patience it took to look past the physical world, preferring instead the familiar feel of a spear in her hand and the world below her feet.

Her features didn't change at all when he mentioned their "companions." She couldn't have just killed them, but Xenovia now wondered whether bringing the tall man and the tiny man had been a good idea. Would it slow them down too much? Doesn't matter, they're here now and we've just got to do our best. At least they were finally in the jungle. It seemed as if getting this far had taken much longer than it should have.

The flight trajectory of Xenovia's eyes changed again when Calraen flicked his cloak back and revealed the girdle. He looked quite normal when you got down to it, sans the scaly skin and slitted pupils. Xenovia looked normal too, sans crazy hair and crazy everything else. But the idea of wearing something that hugged her body that closely almost made her cringe visibly. Though his comment on her gaining a few pounds made the corner of her dark lips quirk upward, she shook her head lightly.

"I'll figure something out."
Calraen
Civus

Post by Calraen »

"I am certain you will."

Calraen's praise was not easily given. But he had to admit that these kit surprised him. They had proven to be sturdy, if not somewhat ill tempered and rash. But then again, had he not been the same back when he was young? When he looked at the kanthrop that surrounded him, they all reminded him of himself when he was younger. The fate that had befallen the children of Weldar was worn gracefully by the children that surrounded him now.

He could not help but wonder what they would encounter deeper into the jungle. Amanare had been so different from himself. Last he knew she had secluded herself away on this island. An island which, then, had been a vast jungle with nothing to it's name but the extensive array of wildlife and plant life hidden within it's dark confines.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

In the jungle hidden by the trees, hidden by her own talents stood a 'Shi Shi Te Kul' named Vet Ra Sa Tol . She was a killer by trade, and a spy by request. She was sent by the 'Ancient One' to watch for anything strange. To her all humans were strange, yet there was something more odd about the way this group moved. The front three moved as if they themselves belong in the jungle. The others were the same slow and clumsy beings that she had been spying on for the past month or so.

She wondered just how different the first three were from the others. She giggled to herself and took steps to find out. She moved herself down wind to a location were her scent would cross their path, and let out a little dab of her musk. Then she moved quickly back up wind of the strange party. She sat bored, watching, waiting for a reaction.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Muraco
Civus

Post by Muraco »

Everything was on its way up in Muraco’s estimation of the day. He had restrained the urge to throw his human clothes in a bush somewhere, who knew if they would be needed again. The kanthar was cool, loose and altogether the opposite of the cramped man breeches. He swallowed a grimace when he thought of the tunic. They were rolled tightly and shoved in the bottom of his pack. The wolf kanthrop was a step or so to the side of their unwilling companions, distancing himself as much as possible from their two charges. Jamail and Baylan were liabilities in his mind and nothing good would come of their tagging along. Whenever either of them lagged behind he would wait a flicker or so for them to pick up the pace and a prod of the butt of his spear would follow should they still be too slow.

Though he was attempting to concentrate on this task alone, there was so much to see in the jungle. And if there was much to see there was a plethora of smells in the air to sift through. The earthy scent of decaying leaves and soil that was just beneath it all. There was the smell of fruit, the occasional musty scent of a marked territory by some unknown animal. It was all mixed together and Muraco practiced at isolating one specific scent to find in which direction it lay. Though he prided his ability to run and he was enjoyed combat in almost all its forms, there was precious little of those two to be had for the time being. A time would no doubt come soon where there would be a surplus of the need for both of them. He sighed as he continued to walk; all the while secretly wishing that time was now. As he breathed deeply the scent of the jungle there was a new smell; that much was clear...that much was irrefutable.

The pinpointing would be the challenge and it was one he tried to conquer. Muraco beseeched his inner wolf to peel away all the extraneous scents to focus on the one that inserted itself so casually into the mix. The tall Kanthrop even slowed almost to a stop while he looked around the surrounding leaves and ferns. Holding his spear at one side, he turned a slow circle with his jade colored eyes scrutinized the shadows. He could not sense a presence but by the Mother he could smell something. What exactly it was, however, the white maned hunter did not know.
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

Xenovia said precious little more to Calraen as they traveled on. Conversation was not her forte, and little by little she moved away from him, until she was, more or less, by herself. Her spear continued to tap along the floor of the jungle with each step, her senses straining to catch all the input they could. It was she who first crossed the new scent.

But Xenovia's nose was not as sharp as her companions; her eyes were her greatest gift from the Mother. So she paid little heed to this smell -- there were plenty of other new and strange smells in the jungle -- except to notice that it was new and a bit unusual. It was only when she glanced back and saw Muraco turning in a slow circle that Xenovia quirked a brow.

"All right?"

Her gaze moved to Scarlet and Kytani as well, for she knew the nose of a feline could be just as sharp as its claws.
Scarlet
Civus

Post by Scarlet »

ooc: sorry guys, new years was a beast
ic:

Scarlet had been skipping along quite happily alongside the group. Her decision to spurn the clothing of these islanders was one she was relishing now. The thin light cloth did not chafe or weigh her down and in the heat and the humidity of the jungle perspiration easily left her skin cool in what little breeze there was. She spoke idly with Jamail, asking about the properties of particular plants or fauna that she spotted in the dusky shadows. This was a land very different to the one she had left. The canopy was so far above her it seemed to grace the sky itself, what little light spilled onto the ground was snatched up by thick undergrowth - though the Kanthrop had little need of machetes to carve their path. She wondered, not for the first time why the humans fought so hard for their existence.

Something is out of place

She paused in her stride, abandoning her conversation with Jamail and turned to face the weak breeze that filtered through the trees. They were not alone. She glanced to Muraco and Kytani, they had to have caught the scent too. She was, perhaps, more in-tune with her senses than the other two. Muraco had not yet warped and Kytani would still be adapting to her new situation. Scarlet had had months to hone her senses.

"A human."

Scarlet dropped her pack like lead weight and gripped her obsidian blades in each hand. Had they been tracked? Was someone coming to recover their captives? Was someone else seeking their prize?

"Kytani, you track better than me." She voiced in invitation before glancing to Xenovia, hoping for a nod of assent. Quietly, she slid into the undergrowth and shadows, eyes peeled for footprints in the soft earth and her ears straining for any hint of sound.
[url=http://wiki.tazlure.nl/index.php/Isle_Cat]Isle Cat[/url][size=75][color=darkred]

I'm not here to play who's the better killer.

[i]But it [b]is[/b] my favourite game...[/i][/color][/size]
Kytani Hajgomb
Civus

Post by Kytani Hajgomb »

Scarlet wrote:"Kytani, you track better than me."

Like her cat-sister, Kytani looked to Xenovia for approval before doing anything active, sticking to the passive for the flicker, her nose to the wind and her eyes on the scenery around them, hoping to pick up on stronger signs of the human in question - she could find none. Perhaps Scarlet is been mistaken or was picking up an old scent? Twice more she sniffed, the small hairs on the back of her neck stiffening as she caught a good gust of the musk.

She had smelled animals, dwarves, and nature before. She had smelled human before, quite a bit back on their island but, according to her limited olfactory database, this scent was -

"...not human...", she whispered once to herself, throwing out her arms in a 'wait' sign to the others. "Not human." she repeated a tad louder with conviction, looking to Xenovia for a sign of what to do next, her feet freezing in place and her nostrils wide on the scent.
"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." - [b]Hippolyte Taine[/b]

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Vet Ra Sa Tol did not have long to wait, for Muraco was hot on her trail. Her little game had become a serious matter. These human were more then humans, and there were five of them not three. As Vet ran she could see the movement that the other were making. She was going to show them that they were not the only ones with keen senses. She too was using her sense of smell to find the ones with the strongest scent. She found that Calraen had a strong and somewhat familiar scent, but because he was in the open she could not use him for cover. Scarlet also had a strong scent, and was now slipping into the undergrowth. It would be Scarlet that Vet would use to cover her trail.

...........................................................................................................

Muraco was trying to lock on to the scent. He may not be able to see her yet, but he knew in what direction she was moving. He had the feeling that she had stopped for some reason, but he could not be sure. All he knew is that if she made a mistake by stopping then he would make sure to use it to his advantage. He was right she had stop and that is when he charged after her. He never saw her but his sense of smell kept him on her trail. Sadly his trail end with disappointment, and frustration, as he found himself staring at the back of Scarlet.

...........................................................................................................

Xenovia's heartbeat quicken as she spotted Muraco start to give chase. Her keen sense of sight was working correctly, but what it was telling her made no sense at all. It was as if the jungle itself had came to life, and was moving at a fast pace. She could see it moving throughout the undergrowth, yet she could not see it clearly enough to identify. Xenovia's sight trail ended in her staring at both Scarlet and Muraco in the shadows of the undergrowth.

Scarlet slipped into the undergrowth, and into the line of fire. She could hear someone or something heading straight for her, but could not see it. As Vet got within seven paces of Scarlet she jumped for the trees behind her and started climbing upwards. To Scarlet it seem that the creature had stop in front of her. Then without warning she heard a loud thump high in the trees behind her. She moved to the trees, and saw nothing more then leaves floating to the ground. Scarlet got the sense that a being was behind her. She let out a sigh of relief, and a sigh of disappointment as she saw that it was only Muraco standing behind her.

Kytani's mind raced as she waited for a reply from Xenovia. If not human then what? It wasssss reptilian. Reptilian? Reptiliannnnn. The word echoed through her head. Reptilian, but what kind? All the ones she knew of were the ones she played with as a kit. She could not be sure. She needed another whiff, but all Kytani could smell now was Scarlet.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

Xenovia merely looked at Scarlet when the feline warper turned to her, saying nothing and making no movements as she watched her slip into the undergrowth. It was Kytani's soft mention of "not human" that led Xenovia's eyes back to the trees.

Left. Right. Up. There was something. Right. Right again. Her eyes shot their gaze all around them, her head only moving in small increments, allowing her eyes to dart more rapidly, her mind to process the information faster without having to worry about the muscles of her neck. Down. Left. Down. She never blinked, so she couldn't deny what she saw: it was as if the entire forest had come alive with this presence. And there it was! In the undergrowth. Moving, moving..what was it? She'd never seen anything like this. Then, just as she thought she might catch a good look at it, she found herself staring only at her kin. Her left eye gave a slight twitch at the pang of anger and disappointment which slowed the rapid beating of her heart.

Our companions. Yes, everyone had been distracted by this new scent. They had all seemed to have forgotten -- save for Kytani, which Xenovia noted with intrigue -- that they had been assigned certain duties which did not end just because a new scent came across the trail. Xenovia immediately looked back toward Jamail and Baylan, to make sure they didn't get any crazy ideas. Her golden eyes shone, challenging their mettle.

"If you are done chasing shadows," Xenovia said to those whom had broken formation, "we should continue. Be alert, it is obvious we are being watched; but Kytani is right. This presence is not human. For now, however, it is also not a threat. Let's continue on."

Xenovia had not moved since she caught the strange scent, but now she turned and resumed their trek, blades tucked back into her famirl and the butt of her spear thumping against the forest floor. Her eyes darted now more than ever, watching the trees and the undergrowth. What was going on now? Kytani had done best, in Xenovia's eyes. This idea was strange to Xenovia's brain, which wondered if Xenovia had forgotten that Kytani was a bitch.

"Calraen," she said after a few long flickers of thought, "do you have any idea what that was?"
Calraen
Civus

Post by Calraen »

Calraen remained stoic in place, turning to look at the two captives who still remained uncomfortably in tow, thus far at least. He had sensed the creature aswell and his vision told him something interesting.

"I can't be certain. The island is inhabited by many creatures and I am unsure what my sister has done except for live here. Whatever it was though, it was not human. You were right about that. I only caught a short glimpse of the thing as it fled through the trees."

He pondered his words for a few flickers before saying them out loud.

"At best guess I'd say it was Kanthrop."
Scarlet
Civus

Post by Scarlet »

Scarlet's gaze flickered between Muraco the canopy and Xenovia with irritation in each glance.

"If you are done chasing shadows... Let's continue"

A snarl curled her lip and she slipped her blades back into their sheathes. She was irritated that Muraco had followed when she had asked only for Kytani, leaving the rear of the group exposed. She was irritated with Kytani for stalling rather than following while she waited for Xenovia's approval. She felt no small frustration at her own failure in identifying the scent and losing her prey to the trees whilst they left no trace but falling leaves...

She was, however, royally pissed at Xen.

"Chasing shadows?" She replied incredulous, walking past Muraco and back to her pack. "I would have thought you of all people might fear the claws of nameless shadows." She bit back any further rebuke she might have voiced, it could wait until later. Scarlet was not a fool, she would not be made one by belittling comments. She snatched angrily at her meager belongings and, after a flicker's pause, she stooped to string the recurve bow she had carried from Aveas. The scent of one prey was not masked by another for one who could meditate on such things. Given time she could have followed the trail. Once he had awakened, Muraco would be able to pick up trails days old, scent the direction of travel even guess the physical state of his prey. Not for the first time she felt a flash of envy.

Still, their stalker had not yet absconded and Scarlet did so very hate to relinquish a hunt. She pulled one arrow from the case and fitted it to the bow. If all she managed to see was a squirrel, then they could at least eat come noon.
[url=http://wiki.tazlure.nl/index.php/Isle_Cat]Isle Cat[/url][size=75][color=darkred]

I'm not here to play who's the better killer.

[i]But it [b]is[/b] my favourite game...[/i][/color][/size]
Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

OOC: Hope no one minds another post.

Her eyebrows lifted at Calraen's answer. Kanthrop? All the way out here? She supposed it wasn't quite that unbelievable, being that a Dreamweaver was supposedly sleeping in this jungle. But still --

"I would have thought you of all people might fear the claws of nameless shadows."

In her defense, Xenovia couldn't help but respond to Scarlet's anger. Every goddamn time she opened her mouth, someone got pissed off at her! Frankly, she was getting sick of it. Leaders shouldn't have to waste time explaining themselves or soothing feelings that get hurt when a command is issued. And yet here she was, coddling her kin once more. Her grip on her spear involuntarily tightened, but she forced her voice to remain eerily calm -- the kind of level tone that told you the person speaking was actually livid.

"I don't care about shadows until they attack me, and I'll not waste time being afraid until then. We have wasted enough time fucking around, I just want to get to where we're going."

Can't you understand that?! She watched with glaring eyes as Scarlet drew an arrow and continued the hunt, sans prey. That girl never gave up, and somewhere in the depths of her angry black heart Xenovia admired that. What she admired more, though, was the grace with which Scarlet moved, her gaze watching the feline warper's legs as she practically floated through the jungle. The flex of her muscles made Xenovia's jaw clench, but she looked away within two flickers, back to the jungle before them, and abandoned such thoughts in favor of those she could focus on without incident.

That was only a test. I wonder why we are being followed.
Kytani Hajgomb
Civus

Post by Kytani Hajgomb »

Kytani fought to regain the sniff of air which had brought her the reptilian scent, but could not, the smell leading her now to Scarlet as it was almost overpowering in comparison to the others. She stayed silent and on task, listening to Xenovia’s orders while not breaking formation like her pack-mates – any good predator knew that the easiest way to diminish numbers in a herd was to lure them off and pick off the weaker ones one by one.

Xenovia Canace wrote:"If you are done chasing shadows, we should continue. Be alert, it is obvious we are being watched; but Kytani is right. This presence is not human. For now, however, it is also not a threat. Let's continue on."

When Xenovia and Calraen spoke, his answer confirmed a budding suspicion of hers – it was a reptile Kanthrop, much like him. “Your sister?”, she asked respectfully, keeping her tones low and resuming task for the flicker as she carefully moved forward in their original direction. “It was reptile…” she continued, still sniffing the air for any signs of danger, not just the one scent that Muraco and Scarlet seemed so intent upon. “Gone now, but…” she began, wishing to say something about Scarlet’s scent.

Scarlet wrote:"Chasing shadows? I would have thought you of all people might fear the claws of nameless shadows."

Xenovia Canace wrote:"I don't care about shadows until they attack me, and I'll not waste time being afraid until then. We have wasted enough time fucking around, I just want to get to where we're going."

“She’s right, Scarlet…” Kytani said, pausing mid-step to look back over her shoulder at her pack-mates, Scarlet especially. “We can’t do shit till we can see or smell it, so why waste time if it was just checking us out? Besides…” she added with a smirk as she turned back to her duties, pointing one thumb over her shoulder at the captives. “The natives aren’t restless about it. Back home, if a Cryer screeched, we’d be running while they wandered off to investigate, right? Same thing here.” With that, Kytani lapsed back into silence, her mouth closed and her eyes and nose open.
Last edited by Kytani Hajgomb on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Calraen
Civus

Post by Calraen »

Calraen turned to Kytani. "No, it was not my sister. I sense her, deeper into the jungle. She lingers on the edge between this reality and our own. She is not powerful enough to travel these lengths."

It pained him to say it. It was their weakness. Born from the Aether they could not exist in the Tether lightly. Stepping the boundary between worlds was not a task easily managed. Even now his own energy waned. The trek through the mortal realm cost him greatly.

"Whatever it was, it hasn't attacked us. If need be we can give chase later. But something tells me that what is out there will come looking for us. We are trespassing on their ground. And you of all people should know the fierce determination of a predator protecting it's own territory."

Return to “Triangle Islands”