[Dort, Jygust 30th, Morningtide] Finally here!

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Talulla McBride
Civus

[Dort, Jygust 30th, Morningtide] Finally here!

Post by Talulla McBride »

The Golden Gates were finally in site! After a long ways ride, she had made it to the city that promised her adventure! Coming from Islay, she was in awe of the craftsmanship of the gates, gilded with gold, possibly designed by Dwarves, she really had no clue.

The sun was just creeping over the eastern horizon, shining long strands of light across the gently rolling hills, sparkling in the morning due. Already, it was beginning to get very warm, at least compared to the misty cool of her native Islay.

Her marble Draft horse, Apollo, was hanging its head in weariness, having marched for long stretches of land. It would be grateful for a long overdue respite. As she made her way to the gates, she noted the two guards, dressed in blue regalia. She knew that questions would come, and smiled to them, dismounting Apollo.

“G’day fellas!” she chirped, quite boisterously.

(((OOC: Hope this is all good.)))
Last edited by Talulla McBride on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

This is the entrance to the capital of the Isle of Dort, the city that gives its name to the Duchy. Coming from the rolling green hills surrounding Dort, the impressive high stone walls made from the famous dark stone that is successfully exported because of its hardiness, creates a first impression of a fort. The visitors may wonder at the dry moat that seems to suggest that more peaceful times have come to this town now that the Great Battle is slowly fading into history.

It is the gates that proudly announce what really occupies the minds and hearts of the people of Dort. Carefully gilded in an ancient Dwarven mastery of wood and stonecutting and freshly painted as if the gates just rose from the ground yesterday, it is clear that this is the city where money talks and none are shy to exhibit their wealth.

A sign above the gates reads "Duke Von Zu Dort-Billigh welcomes you to Dort. May your visit be profitable and blessed by the lady." It hangs under the shield of the Duchy, featuring a steaming hot plate of stew after the legend how the first Duke of Dort was but a humble farmer who was wise enough to offer the Steward of Tal Alkeen his hospitality when this ruler of the Citadel returned weary from a battle.

Two guards in blue uniforms with obsessively large yellow tassels salute each visitor and with a pleasant smile ask them after their business, offering helpful information where they can.

"Goooooooood Moooooooooorning!" a burly guard's voice called out towards Talulla. The other one, holding a scroll in his hand and a quill, just having been dipped in the inkpot set into the wall of the gate, looked her up and down.

"Name and your reasons of visit, please." he said, as the burly guard leaned back against the wall. The eyes of the writer shot his way before and his hand went up signalling a halt to Talulla. "Gaerim! Get your lazy ass from that wall and make yourself useful. Get your halberd and keep hold of it so it looks like you are doing something to earn your money!" he bellowed to his fellow guard before returning to the newcomer.

A deep sigh escaped him before he said "Really, sometimes I wish that his uncle had less clout in our city's government. It would've been a lot easier if he would have to work in order to earn his wages. Instead, he never does anything and they take it out on me if something goes wrong. Cruel cruel world, isn't it, lass?". He had forgotten whether or not he had written her name and reason down yet, and started to look at the last name on his list.

"Roberto... You don't look like a Roberto. Are you Roberto? Did you come here to visit your great aunt for the... oh my, 27th time this month?"
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Talulla McBride
Civus

Talulla simply sat on Apollo with a mused, if a bit perplexed look on her face. She watched the two guards and found herself giggling lightly.

"Uhm, nah. I'm visitin' from the Islay. Came t'look for sometin' new. Wanderlust, y'know?" she replied, her accent thick to the guards.

Apollo neighed in annoyance, wanting to find some shade and water to relax under why Talulla went on her way.

"Name's Talulla Flanagan, by the way."
Last edited by Talulla McBride on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

The guard looked up at her and chuckled. "Aye, we get a lot of those these days. After all the ruckus in Hafne. Tell ye what. You go right in. Drunken Duck is where ye can most prob'ly find yerself a bed an' some t'eat. Anything in particular yer looking for in Dort though? Maybe I can point ye in the right direction." he said, starting to write her name down.

"Oh, one moment miss, Talulla, is that with a double L? And are you one of the Flanagan's from Clamberton? Me aunt's from Clamberton. Small villages, maybe a hundred people. I can remember a few Flanagan's there." he continued.

OOC: you can continue here, and you can open up a new thread anywhere in the city too.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Talulla McBride
Civus

Talulla smiled lightly at the guard. "Flanagan be a very common name in the Islay, there be at least one in every village, I reckon," she explained.

"It be Talulla with two 'L's on the end, and I'd much 'preciate it if ye could point me in the direction of a good place to practise my skill with the blade," she explained, Apollo smashing his hoof to the ground in consternation. "The inn, first, though. Me horse here is gettin' a tad bit hot out."

(((OOC: So do I just start a new thread at the Drunken Duck, and you finish this thread off with a final post?)))

Return to “Triangle Islands”