[UoM] What lies beneath 31st Jygust MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

[UoM] What lies beneath 31st Jygust MT

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The previous days events had left him somewhat unsettled, explaining the restless night he had just endured. There were times he felt his mind could not contain everything he wanted, and needed, it to. Slightly frustrated and irritated, he had washed and dressed quickly, not wanting to linger, for despite the lack of sleep, he was filled with unexpected drive. He wore his plain, slim fitting black robe, liking how it contrasted with his golden hair that fell to and just past his shoulders.

The magus had obviously heard discussions about the tunnels beneath the University that linked with the basement. Water filled and as of yet unexplored. He wanted to explore those depths, and of course in doing so hopefully regain some of his profile within the University walls. Many of the students still regarded him oddly, which he did not necessarily mind, but it was the lack of respect that came with it. A small measure of anger was flamed up when he heard the snide comments, noticed the supposedly hidden gestures. They may have stripped him of his authority as a Professor, but by the Gods he was still a powerful wizard, and he would ensure they were all reminded of that.

Traversing the corridors of the University, Ashtallion made his way to Peckerton's office, and gently rapped on the door twice. Then waited patiently for the Professor to admit him, if he were inside that is.
Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

G.E.A.R.I.

It was in bold letters and clearly written upon a large picket sign outside the office of Professor Peckerton. The acronyms were written in adhiel letters, cursive and all, and underneath were written: Group for the Emancipation of Animal (whether magickal or otherwise) Related Imprisonment. Clearly, this was a protest rally for the protection of Animal (aetherically enabled or impaired) against wizard and the University's exploitation of such creatures.

The demonstration was led by the founder of the organization and currently its only member. He was an adhiel, that was much obvious and like the creatures and animals he tried to protect, the young adhiel was clearly a creature of the forest as well with his wild and unkempt fashion; wearing a tattered, green druid robe which he must have worn more than a dozen times and carrying a small picket sign with adhiel writings upon it bearing the slogan: STOP VIVISECTION. Hearing someone approaching, the young shaper turned to face the sorcerer and barred his path to Professor Peckerton's office, hoisting his signs up and shouting adhiel slogans such as:

"STOP ANIMAL TESTING!"

"NO TO FUR CLOTHES!"

"FREE THE ANIMALS!"

Now that the adhiel was facing Ashtallion, the blond sorcerer could see the young Shaper was somewhat tall and wiry looking with a hint of a lean and well-defined muscle under his loose, druidic robe. His complexion was weathered and slightly tanned, perhaps, due to his long stay under the sun. His hair was light brown and long, falling untidily behind his back, twisted together like vines that seemed to have never been graced once by the merest touch of a comb. His face was serious yet innocently boyish and typically adhiel-like, angular with high chiseled cheekbones, nose long and thin, full lips that pouted slightly when in deep thought. What was startling, under his unkempt, wild physique, were his deep, emerald eyes as if they perpetually mirrored the green foliage of the forest and they seemed to shine with an innocence of a wild creature

"WIZARDS ARE MURDERER!" The Shaper Druid cried in his mother tongue (which was adhiel) once more with his booming, deep voice echoing along the corridors and bouncing off the wall. "STOP ANIMAL EXPLOITATION! DOWN WITH THE UNIVERSITY!"
Last edited by Thorn on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75][b]Avatar by Byron Albrando[/b][/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Do you seriously think it a wise course of action, my friend, to bawl at the top of your voice that wizards are murderers.....in a building full of wizards? Plus shouting in the face of one such wizard is not a smart thing to do.", the magus scowled heavily for emphasis.

The golden haired adhiel then stood with his arms folded across his chest and casting a lingering regard over Thorn. He recognised the man's face, but didn't think he was an actual student at the University. He had to resist the tempation to swat the annoyance out of his way and instead tried the more diplomatic approach.

"I doubt Professor Peckerton will appreciate you holding this....protest....directly outside is office, eh...what is your name?", he looked enquiringly at Thorn. Despite the unruly nature of the younger adhiel, there was something attractive about him. Hardly the sort of thing to be musing over! "And perhaps you could protest.....whatever this is.....", he gestured to the picket sign, "..in a quieter way?"
Thorn
Civus

Post by Thorn »

The younger adhiel (younger by a few yahrens to be exact) took the time to look upon the sorcerer before him, noting his looks and finding himself blushing as uneasiness washed over him. He frowned and unable to look Ashtallion in the eye, he boyishly lifted his right hand and placed it upon the nape of his neck as if attempting to banish the nervousness he was feeling caused by the almost close proximity of the sorcerer to him.

Ashtallion wrote:"Do you seriously think it a wise course of action, my friend, to bawl at the top of your voice that wizards are murderers.....in a building full of wizards? Plus shouting in the face of one such wizard is not a smart thing to do."

"I find your intellectual-superiorist remark offensive," the young Shaper stammered his reply in fluent adhiel, his voice deep and musical, lifting his green eyes to catch a quick glimpse of the magus' face and finding him still staring, the Shaper quickly averted his eyes, awkwardly trying not to feel embarrassed. It was the first time in a long month that he was able to converse in perfect nuance of his mother tongue and he was somewhat pleased by it. "But I shall ignore it because of your traditional status as a wizard, the stress of it has caused you to arise your very own egotistical-intellectual-superiorist view."

"If you must know," He continued, still unable to look at him in the eye, "the aim of this protest rally is to show the exploitations done by the University Staff, by the wizards of this School, against the Creatures of this Planet (whether aetherically challenged or not). It is time for someone to stand against the injustice of it all and voice out the Rights of such free-spirited creatures (whether magickal or mundane) and reveal the lies that the University of Magick, headed by the Wizard Peckerton, of which, as the headmaster of this University, rightly falls the offense."

Silent Protest? His emerald eyes opened wide for he had not thought of that. Perhaps that is the right course of action. Violence and harsh actions imbalance the course of Nature and Harmony and Unity must prevail. "You are right, Magus. Have you by chance been indoctrinated in the harmonious balance of the Aetheric Nature? Your suggestion coincides with it. " Thorn answered, giving the Magus a boyish grin, his green eyes fully looking at him for the first time.

"Perhaps a Hunger and a Sit-Sown strike in front of this Wizard Peckerton's office shall show the erroneous ways of their actions and liberate the magickal and non-magickal creatures in the Beastiary." He mused to himself, frowning in deep thought and with dismay, he realized that he wouldn't be able to burn the effigy of Peckerton as his final protest. "I have heard of a nude protest as well against the removing of fur from animals... Perhaps..."

With another boyish grin, he faced the Magus once more, though still uneasy before his presence. "Thorniel is the appellation that was given to me by the matriarch of my House, the House of Xecra. Would you like to sign my protest so I can submit it to the Wizard Peckerton?"
Last edited by Thorn on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]Avatar by Byron Albrando[/b][/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

"I-interesting..."

Professor Peckerton had emerged from his office and was listening to the two adhiel having their conversation. "Good m-morningtide Ashtallion. A f-friend of yours?" The professor looked the two, particularly Thorn, up and down before stepping aside, opening the doorway into his office.

"Would the two of y-you l-like to s-step into my office? He beckoned Ashtallion and Thorn to come in and could not help but notice the large sign.

"I-it s-seems to me the h-hallway is not the best place to rally p-protesters. Aside from that; I t-tend to read scrolls that are on my d-desk more than on s-signs."

The office of Professor Peckerton looked out over Sierra in all it's lush beauty. A large desk dominated the office, with a few book cases along the walls of the room. A few comfortable chairs stood in front of the desk, a somewhat larger one behind it. On the desk lay an assortment of knick knacks, among which a pipe holder, an assortment of papers and scrolls and a few heavy tomes which had apparently been taken from one of the book shelves recently as there were a few books missing on one particular shelf.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

I find your intellectual-superiorist remark offensive

The sorcerer leveled a harsh stare on Thorn. "It was not intended to be so. Yet I can't say I regret that my remark has been taken as such.", his expression did not change, yet as the fellow adhiel continued to talk, the expression altered, becoming decidely darker with impatience written all over it. There had been few that could incite such a reaction in the magus in such a short span of time.

"A nude protest?", at this his eyes lightened somewhat. "Well...I admit that it would certainly be a more entertaining form of protest to watch.", Asht smirked. "And no, I would not like to sign your protest....best of luck with it though.", at that point, Peckerton opened the door, and his features showed a sign of relief...which promptly vanished as the senior wizard invited both individuals into his office.

"Well, Thorniel. I am Ashtallion Urdil Alrul....", he gestured dramatically, and with a sigh, "After you...", before entering the office himself. Once inside, "No, Professor. No friend of mine.", Ashtallion offered the mage a bow of his head before he cast a dubious eye over Thorniel. "I came to speak to you.....", the wizard yet again look at Thorn. "....about the tunnels beneath the University."
Last edited by Ashtallion Urdil on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Triangle Islands”