[Aveas] Getting Settled-late Tradetide, 30th

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Anora Frollie
Rogue

[Aveas] Getting Settled-late Tradetide, 30th

Post by Anora Frollie »

The sign proclaimed the inn to be the Nymph and Satyr. Even the unlettered would know it by the vivid picture of a buxom red haired lady being lasciviously embraced from behind by a randy satyr. The look in both their eyes promise a time of heated frolic.

Within the atmosphere was one of comfort. It was well used in the few months since its opening but it still smelled more of fresh paint and sawdust than spiced wine and pipe smoke. Tables and chairs lined the outside of the common room with plenty of cushions about the center for those that wish to be more comfortable. The long bar at the back was an homage to the bar they all remembered from the Pan's Touch: a young pretty sister to the grand old lady they left behind.

Anora, attired in her recently refitted dress, glanced around and found the scene familiar. A sense of comfort, not just the atmosphere that already surrounded the tavern, but one of almost being home, seemed to curl around her petite form as she surveyed everything. She could almost imagine a buxom brunette, many yahren older then herself yet still with an air of youth surrounding her, calling out to rowdy customers and flirting outrageously with all and sundry. A small smile slipped onto the lips of the amnesiatic girl.

"Hi," she said to the barkeep, her pixie face turned up with a smile. "I'm new in town and Paloma said that I might be able to find some help here."
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

Behind the bar, a rather strapping young adhiel man smiled broadly at Anora as she entered and made her way over to the bar. He did not seem much like the bartending type, his clothes pristine and neatly cut. His hair was long, falling in blond locks over his shoulders. A pair of bright green eyes glanced up and down Anora's figure as she approached him.

"Tis not often we get such beauty to frequent our humble inn. Pan has smiled fortuitously upon me this day for you to arrive with me here to greet you."

He extended his hand to grasp hers, planting a gentle kiss upon the back of her hand, gently caressing her skin with his fingertips as he let go.

"You are most welcome to the Nymph and Satyr lovely lady. If it is within my power to help you, I will be at your every beck and call. Be so kind as to extend me the honor of knowing your name."
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora had to laugh at the flirty barkeep, giving him her hand, her large aquamarine eyes dancing with humor. Her lack of memory was pushed to the side with his greeting. "With such a greeting, I should wash up on a strange island more often," she said with a chuckle. "You can call me Andi," she added. "And what might I call you, besides bold?"
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Bold? Far from it milady." The man released her hand only to bow down courteously from behind the inn's counter. "But how can I resist lavishing a gorgeous woman like yourself in praise? Tis not boldness that drives your humble servant, only bedazzlement from your beauty which enchants me."

A smirk sounded from another corner of the inn, where a young adhiel woman had been listening in. "His name is Mark, in case he forgets to mention." Mark shot her a glare and then turned back to Anora with a wide smile on his face. "Tis indeed my name, dearest Andi. And what, by grace of Pan, might I aid you with today?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Dear gods, but this adhiel was amusing, Anora decided as her grin stayed in place. She did roll her eyes in humor as he called her gorgeous. Cute, maybe. Pretty, if she hadn't been recently soaking in the briny blue. But gorgeous. Even she, with no memory, knew that was a bit far fetched. Either the man was blind or was hoping she had really deep pockets.

She flashed the female adhiel as grin as the barkeep's name was revealed, her eyes unconsciously taking in body posture, cut of clothing and any bulges that might indicate weapon and/or money pouch. It wasn't something she was aware of doing, but something she did naturally. Turning back to Mark, she said, "I'm actually hoping you might be able to help me with three things, Mark." She bit her bottom lip for a moment and lowered her eyes, as though trying to decide how to frame her requests. "I'm looking for a hot meal, a place to stay and the makings of a job. I just washed up on shore and am sorely lacking in all three." She gave him her best winsome smile, lowering her lashes slightly to give it a personally interested tone.
Dorothy Parker

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Hot meals we have, the best in town some claim. Myself included of course. The same goes for a place to stay. If you are in need of a room, we have some available. As far as work is concerned...I'm not sure..."

"She could help me out in the kitchen. After Jeal quit I've been short handed. You any good with preparing food Andi?"

The young woman who had spoken earlier had stepped up and extended a hand. "I'm Marina by the way, me and my brother here run this place...sort of. And if you want you can work here, help out, earn your meals and a roof over your head while you get sorted out. Sound good to you little brother?"

Mark smiled broadly. "It would be a pleasure."

Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora shooked Marina's hand and smiled. "I don't know if I'm any good with preparing food, but I'm willing to try," she said, trying to search her scant memory for anything related to a kitchen. Nothing flashed, but she suspected that didn't mean anything. "Sounds like the perfect deal to me. I should warn you, though, of one thing," she said, the smile slipping for a moment. "I don't know who I am or what I did before I was fished out of the sea a half dozen tides ago. I don't think there's any trouble looking for me, but figured you should know."
Dorothy Parker

Return to “Triangle Islands”