To: Mentahn Family, C/O ....

Where all the pigeons flock to leave their messages to the good people in the Western Kingdom.

Moderator: Mods

Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

To: Mentahn Family, C/O ....

Post by Kaelara Mentahn »

Settling herself in a chair at the tiny desk beneath the window, she pushed aside the book so recently acquired from Master Klebb, setting it atop another two borrowed from Seth... Time enough to read it before sleep... and instead pulled forth a piece of parchment. After dipping her quill into an unstoppered bottle of ink, she began to write, the rasp of the feather's sharpened shaft scratching familiarly against the paper. Words, in Adhiel, began to flow, her fingers forming the letters slowly, her hand moving steadily from side to side to prevent splotching, her arm balanced by the edge of the desk and wrist arced so as not to mar the ink. A few lines only poured from her thoughts, words that she had attempted before, but had never received a response from.

Lifting the edges to lightly blow across the damp, dark lines, she reread the words, uncertain hope knotting in her gut.

I hope this missive finally finds you well in King's Court, and though I fear it may not, I hope that wherever you are, you will strive to contact me here in Pax. The family blood runs strongly, it seems, and I couldn't but make a few steps into this city without finding placement in a shop of some kind. You would find my beginnings worthy of Pride, I might hope. I find I may have an opportunity to return to King's Court briefly in the coming weeks or days, and as tensions seem to have faded, I write in the hopes I may find you there, safely returned, as well.

Please direct any correspondence to myself to me here in Pax Balthasar, I believe they collect such for distribution in the Provost's Office.

K.L.M.

Once dried, she folded the letter into thirds and sealed it, softening the wax over the lantern, and slightly burning one finger on the rim in the process. Addressing it to her parents, in care of a loose acquaintance she thought likely to have remained in King's Court, and who might pass it on, she sat for several burns, turning it over and over in her hands, preoccupied with her own thoughts.

Sent Chyril 23rd, TT
Avatar courtesy of www.allavatars.com - Electra
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

A courier was scheduled to depart through the portal on the 23rd to deliver some of the regular administative missives that travelled between Kings Court and Pax. As a consequence, Kaelara's letter arrived in the capital on the 23rd and was delivered to its destination the following morningtide.

The recipient of the letter turned it over carefully in his hands before slipping it into an inside pocket of his jacket. It remained to be seen if the letter would find its way to its intended destination and, if it did, whether or not the adheil would receive a reply.

Return to “Royal Mail”