Roque: Letter for the City Council

Where all the pigeons flock to leave their messages to the good people in the Western Kingdom.

Moderator: Mods

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Roque: Letter for the City Council

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Roque d'Ancourt, Waneday 30 Jygust 1225 AD

Dear Council members,

I write to you for two reasons. One is economic and infrastructural, the other is political intertwined with diplomatic.

As you know I have recently settled myself on the Ronde d'Eunys to set up my business and to renovate the building after it got into a state of neglect in the recent past. You might have noticed that at the moment I am able to import goods from the far shores of the Eastern Empire. Apart from a shop and usual trade, I have also planned a restaurant with eastern specialties. I'm sure that the novelty of my goods and food will be loved by everyone, but I aim to please the upper class, but also making it accessible for middle class people.

I'm busy gathering funding and prospects are good. However, I have one little idea that I would need your approval for. The restaurant I'm planning will be on a boat, completely in the eastern style. However, I do not want it in the harbor for it has to be an inviting place to it's customers. With that in mind, I wanted to put the boat some hundred yards into the Mer de la Lune. For this I would like to either build a pier leading to it. If you approve, I would like to call on the city to help fund the pier. Of course I would not ask you to do so without anything in return. It will open jobs for anyone within the city and once finished, I expect people throughout the known world to come to Roque for something they can't get anywhere else. And please do remember, if they come to Roque, everyone will benefit from it. Shops will sell more, and thus the city will be more thriving than it already is.

I sincerely hope you will discuss this within the council and approve of this idea.

On the second account, I know that you have no dealings with the Eastern Empire yet. While I may not seem the most suited person, I would like to present myself as Roque's representative to the Eastern Empire. Not for the power, but because their trust in me will benefit entire Roque d'Ancourt in the end. After all I've spent a lot of time with them learning their culture and language in the past months. Their people are quite suspicious of any new persons they meet, but you can have the advantage of taking in someone they already trust.

Of course, if you would like, I could always meet you and see if I could suit your needs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Gerrard Mackaree

Return to “Royal Mail”