Hanging about with an Apprentice - Jygust 30th late ET

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Graves

Post by Graves »

Ashari could sense the energy barrier shimmering, holes appearing in it like a bubble that has stretched too far, easy openings within her apprentice's defenses. The energies around Aerin ruptured and shimmered, and as the shields went down, a sudden flurry of images poured out-- skin pressing against skin, sweaty brows and fluttering eyes... and was that Ashari's hand caught in a tangle of bright red hair? It all burst through so fast, the thoughts rising visibly and fading immediately as Aerin attempted to wrangle them, scattering like papers to the wind.

Within Aerin's mind garden, the vines withered and died, as though winter had come far too early. The intruder was visible, and her rather... provocative... thoughts painted a playful smile on that stranger's lips, parted longingly. Or was that only Aerin's imagination? It was impossible to tell, as quickly as it happened, but the mystery lingered.

With the vines withering and decaying into dust, Aerin was suddenly made aware once again of how many thoughts were exposed to Ashari... and how easily she could now scoop up the sheltered memories...
[i]But remember when I moved in you,
And the Holy Dove was moving too,
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah...

--- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah[/i]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Ashari laughed.

Well, that's to say, it could be described simply that way. She expelled her lungs' worth of air in a single gush of guffaw followed by a too-quick inhale that made her head rush as she clutched her stomach in a full belly laugh. Her body rolled onto her side in the fit of giggles. "Oh! Aerin! Hahahahaha, Your face! Hahahaha, you should've.. hahaha, seen it! Hahahahaha," Tears squeezed out from between her fluffy lashes to leave them clumped together in long triangles. "Oooh, mother," she said with a sigh as she collected herself and sat back up again, her chest heaving with the hilarious moment. Ash fanned her face with her hand.

"Sorry, I'm such a brat sometimes..." She giggled and casually flipped her hand, swiveling it on her wrist's axis, and with said movement she drew the water from her student's clothing and collected it into a small sphere again, which she pulled toward her as if there were a string within it which she held in her hand.

Toying with the aquatic ball she gave a sigh, having finally caught her breath. "Raise your shield again and focus on this..." She held the orb between her thumb and two first fingers, rolling it and leaving a shimmer of water on her fingertips, the occasional droplet oozing down her thumb, across her palm and racing a trail that followed the veins in her wrist. "On the energy it is.. that is what you must protect yourself from." Ashari gave minimalistic instructions, but it was the way she'd been taught.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Aerin, at first, could only maintain her expression – the same expression which had sent Ashari into gales of laughter.

Ashari is…

…laughing…

…at me…

Aerin felt sick and degraded and angry and hurt – shame and disgrace calling for a battle over honor lost.

"Oh! Aerin! Hahahahaha, Your face! Hahahaha, you should've.. hahaha, seen it! Hahahahaha, Oooh, mother,"

However, as the laughter continued, even if it was at Aerin’s expense, the redhead could not help but note how vibrant and infectious it was, causing her to join in on the giggling as well – it was an accident. No ulterior motives, no ‘attack’, no subliminal messages. The soaking was merely a blindsided opportunity for teacher to show student how much she needed to learn. Aerin nodded as Ashari apologized and then ‘eeeped’ and blushed anew as the wetness left both shirt and skin, the sudden change in climate and texture teasing a portion of her erogenous zones callously and mercilessly. Aerin said nothing, but her eyes – and her left eyebrow as it arced high – asked Ashari to give her some sort of a warning next time – not of attack during training, of course, but at least during the cleanup afterwards.

"Raise your shield again and focus on this... On the energy it is.. that is what you must protect yourself from."

The raised eyebrow resumed its lowered post as the girl focused on the ball, bearing Ashari’s advice in mind. The water wasn’t important…the energy was. She focused on the previous lesson, upon making a smaller, tight wall as opposed to a wide net, her own breathing becoming a little heavier as she tried to will the wall to be as strong as possible.

As she was focusing on minding her magic instead of her tongue, one small ‘thought’ slipped out as speech instead.

“If you really want to get me wet, soak your own shirt instead… Mistress…” A snark-laden private ‘joke’ which was not kept that way for long.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari ran her tongue along the inside of her teeth. "Mmmmhm. You are such a perv, Aerin, really," she rolled her eyes and continued to roll the oversized water marble between her fingers while using aetheric sight to watch her pupil's progress with creating her shield. "There is no difference is energies - only in your perception of them. When protecting against one thing you can protect against all things. That is the mastery of shielding - that is the mastery of magick," she said, as she'd been discovering this herself recently as she toyed with different styles of magick, realizing that all energy was the same.

"The Citadel itself, the palace I mean, is nearly swarming with Mindcrafters, or so I've been lead to believe. If you don't want them to be able to read your every thought - every whim.. every yearning then you must learn to keep them secret. Well, that is until you want them learned... until you can control what you let out so that you don't raise suspicions. This is a dangerous business we're in Aerin, and you are a powerful toy in my box." The degredation continued as she played the young woman out to be nothing but something to be manipulated.

"By being a good doll you will not cause anyone to look at you twice." She took a deep breath. "And because of that you will be able to get into places that no one else will, and you will wield infinite power by the strings of bedchambers. Is this still what you want, Aerin?"
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin felt her cheeks flush a bit, but donned a smile as she tried to keep her mind focused on her shielding. “’Perv’ might be a good thing, mmm, since men seem to pay more attention to a lowly bargirl who looks like she might be as perverse as they, while paying no heed to the prim and proper duchess who looks and acts like she has not been properly fucked in many yahren…” She gave a small shrug. “Or, at least that is the way that it seems from the service side of the stew which is Simple Pleasures…” She concentrated on the shield a little more, trying to buffer up weak points. “But I will try to watch what I say and think, okay?” It would be a long and hard…time consuming and difficult…task, but Aerin felt as though she could work at masking her desires better – she would have to as any desire could be a tell.

“So…”, she mulled as she kept focusing. “The water ball, your mind tricks, whatever it was that gave you a burn mark on the floor and a ragged new window are all cut from the same cloth, you mean? I can see that.” She stated, continuing to focus on her blockade. “Much like a deer, a cow, a fish, you and I are all made of meat – the only difference is in shape, right?” It was a crude analogy, bordering on her oft recurring fetish for cannibalism, but the best analogy that she could make with the limited brainpower that wasn’t being spent on her shields.

Aerin allowed both a smile and giggle to pass from her lips, Ashari’s intended degredation merely seen as a welcomed part of the Mistress/Slave relationship that the redhead shared with the woman who practically owned her ass, thanks to the contract as well as the student’s infatuation. “I like being your toy, Mistress… Your doll and puppet…” Aerin gave her mentor a knowing nod as she paused in the checking of her shields for weak points. “I have wanted it since the very flicker in which you offered it, Mistress, and I want to complete my every action with the firm knowledge that I make you as proud as any blacksmith who has ever put iron to fire.”
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari winced visibly as Aerin brought up the topic of the burn mark that had been on the floor as well as the charred window that had given an excellent view of the neighboring house. It was still a tender subject, but the dark haired minx wasn't about to waste time thinking about that night. "Yes," she said. "They are all the same. It's all the same, and the sooner you can reconcile that in your mind, the sooner you will be the better for it," Ash continued. "And yes, as well, to the fact that we are akin to everything around us, in fact, the same could be said of us and the plants in the garden and the trees in the lane or the water, or this fire..." She motioned toward the candle as she spoke with her hands as much as she did with her mouth. "All energy. Everything is. For now, though, your specialty in training will continue to be matters of the mind, for that you seem quite suited to."

Aerin's easily manipulation, and how well she took to being a pupil was both refreshing and invigorating. While the young woman knew that she could keep up with the mental tricks and gentle attacks (be they magickal or verbal) all evening, she knew that her student would be drawing tired soon. It wasn't an easy business learning shielding, as it stressed the inner workings of the mind in a way that had never been done before.

"Alright, let down your shield," she said, and rolled the ball from between her fingers to rest in the palm of her hand, then she dropped it into the cup and allowed her perception to relax so that the world didn't need to bend to her will any longer. "Tomorrow, I should like to do some more work with you like this. Do you think you'll be up for it?"
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin nodded as Ashari let the ball return to its natural state, the redhead returning to hers as well, surprised at how physically drained she felt from the mental exertion as her shields faded from both mind and existence. Still, it was a ‘successful’ kind of weariness – a sense of accomplishment painting her features as she listened to Ashari’s wishes.

“As you said yourself, Mistress, I am a doll in your dollhouse.” She gave a small smirk. “Have I ever given you an indication that I was not ‘up for’ anything that you wanted to do?” She gave Ashari a small nod. “I shall be ready and willing, Mistress, and will try to conserve energy for the lesson so that I am not so tired and weak from a full day.”

She made this promise without having any idea of what the next day had in store.

OOC: Fin for me, if you’d like, although Aerin would push on for marks if allowed IC.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I find that eating meats or nuts helps replenish you from that feeling - as well as before hand. Something about what they're made of, I suppose," she suggested. "My mentor had a tea she used, but that was in Western Terra, I don't have anyway of getting it fresh." Here she shrugged. The true reason was that she'd fallen from the good graces of her mentor in King's Court and thus never learned how to make the hot recepie that helped bring her back to full strength.

Ash smiled. "No, you've never made me feel as though you couldn't handle anything I've offered you, doll." The young woman rose, stretching her legs. She was weary herself. First, the skein, now this practice round. Ash wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"Good night, Aerin. I will see you bright an early for lessons." With that, she departed the company of her apprentice for her own bedroom.

OOC: Fin for me, too! Nice job, loving your garden metaphor. Can't wait to see how it.. blossoms? ^.~

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”