Follow your dreams, for as you dream you become - Jy 32nd TT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Follow your dreams, for as you dream you become - Jy 32nd TT

Post by Ashari »

This thread is for Galenel & Deianeira to make their formal entrance to the Rocky Isle Guild (via their interviews) as well as a 'jumping off' spot for Yelena, Aerin and Ash to meet before heading out! Anyone else is welcome to join, but should have a good IC reason for being at the house. Give a knock and someone will let you in!

Thalas Manse - Jy 32nd second mark trade tide

Thalas Manse wiki entry wrote:Coming from the streets the first thing that impressed the senses was the long lane, covered in the shade of old oak trees, allowing a coach to ride right up to the main building while feeling dwarfed by the scale of the mansion.

The mansion itself was huge for the expensive ground of the Citadel where most buildings tended to expand upwards instead of horizontally. Two wings were attached to the main building, the house a shining white that looked bright in the morningtide light. The right wing had a lovely view of the Palace Garden as well as the Patrician's House of the Master of Protocol. Large green shrubbery provided a measure of privacy nonetheless. In the middle of the front garden, which was planted with a variety of roses, stood a large fountain, a dragon spewing forth water into the air. It gave the garden a nice moist touch during hot summers.

Inside the house was sumptuously furnished. The hallway was tiled with marble and stretched upwards not just to the ceiling of the first floor, but up to the second. Exposed buttresses and supports gave the austere feeling of a church, while the large chandelier hung low and gave off a warm light when the candles were lit. The entire mansion held cream theme, interspersed with other colors in other rooms. Window drapery seen from the outside were thin and lacy on the first floor, but the second floor seemed more private with heavier fabrics. A large sitting room opened up with expansive windows into the rear lawn and palace garden, allowing the scent of the flowers to drift into the house.

Ashari had just returned from a meeting with Elvin which had been suddenly interrupted by Simon Ginneke - the most important man concerning magick in the entire Empire who reported directly to the Caesar. He'd been uncomfortable and too-thin looking. The matters that they'd discussed in her coach, however, were shelved for the time being as she pushed open the door of the Manse and found herself calling through the foyer for her (hopefully) waiting students Aerin and Yelena. "Girls?" Wearing a white dress, Ashari looked very innocent and pure, and this was paired with her long loose hair that had braids woven through it here and there with ribbons of silk to match her dress. Her nails were done to coordinate with this, and her makeup was fresh.

Wasting no time she ascended the large main staircase and went to the second floor, her body slinking into her personal bedroom, though she left the door open so that they might follow her in as she disrobed. She was tan, and long and beautiful and her hair shifted around her shoulders, though she swatted at it absentmindedly while tossing the white dress aside and stepping out of the sandals she'd be wearing. Her room was a mess of clothing hanging over every available surface, though the small sitting room that was off of her bedroom was tidy. Ashari's grey eyes flicked over the different clothing options, unsure of what to wear, so she stood with her arms crossed modestly covering her breasts and comfortable underwear clinging to her rounded bottom. Bare as she was her stomach was slight more pronounced if only for the fact that her generally lean muscles weren't showing as prominently.

"What to wear..." she tapped her upper arm and pursed her lips, finally biting on her bottom one while stepping around the disarrayed room in concentration, though she would be aware of the entrance of either of the girls when they chose to present themselves. Grasping a red chemise she pulled it over her head and then fluffed her hair back out off the back of the neck then busied herself with lacing up the front of the loose fitting garment.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Re: Follow your dreams, for as you dream you become - Jy 32n

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Ashari wrote:"Girls?"

Aerin’s eyes snapped open immediately even though her last ‘Om’ continued for a few flickers longer, the young mage not wanting to let it drop out too quickly and undo her concentration. Her eyes moved to Cicero who had been seated upon his pillow in front of her when the meditation had started, but was now lobbed off to one side of it, sprawled out like a furry drunken miniature sailor, his tiny mouth agape and tongue dangling from one corner dripping a single drop of saliva for every snore that issued from his mouth.

“Lightweight…” Aerin teasingly mumbled as she rose, her choice of dress far different from that which she had worn in class – the free and unencumbered gown of full nudity. Something that not even the famed Audrey could have designed better. Aerin narcissistically told herself as she gave her relaxed muscles a once-over rub with hands that had been lightly coated in scented lotion. The one thing that she was more proud of than her nude form was her ability to finally grow past touching it on every available occasion. Looking back on herself two months prior, she realized what a randy and oversexed little beast she had become, lowering herself so far as to confuse masturbation with meditation.

Those days were gone and a new Aerin remained. One who did not need to constantly seek sex –

Aspiring blacksmiths not withstanding…, she corrected herself.

- but rather one who was growing more confident in her other assets as well as her powers of seduction. Ashari needed a ‘thorn’ now – not a ‘rose into which anyone could plunge a nose’. Jade eyes scanned her own closet quickly, not wanting to keep her Mistress waiting for long – especially since there had been promises of many goodies such as fresh faces and the start of vengeance – and selected something from her ‘semi-formal’ selection, wanting to be prepared to meet the new people looking neither like a noblewoman nor a prostitute.

Once the dress was in place, tied in the back with a bow, Aerin observed herself in the mirror as she combed out and fluffed up her curls, tying up a pair of finger-thin braids which trailed from her temples into a small ponytail below the bulk of the rest of her hair, giving the whole coif a more managed look. “Damn, I want you…” she winked to herself, a little affirmation to continue the day, and reached into her nightstand drawer looking for just the right things to top off the outfit. Amid several other pieces of jewelry, she found two lost treasures, the bracelet removed from the cooked Adheil and the anklet removed from the dresser in the flooded bedroom, both at the Red Banner. Her eyes shifted to the door for a flicker before she donned both items, the bracelet on her left wrist and the anklet upon her right. Certainly enough time had passed for the ‘missing’ items to not be missed any more.

With one final look at herself in the mirror, Aerin turned to the sleeping monkey and placed him back up into his pedestal bed. She then turned and left the room, heading toward Ashari’s chambers to meet with the bow who would soon be shooting her deadliest red-headed arrow into the heart of Mister Crane.

Aerin smiled at that thought – had Red not dyed her hair, Aerin would not have been able to give herself that personal pet metaphor.

“Yes, Mistress?” she asked, admiring the view as she walked closer. The looming anticipation of starting the hunt, mixed with the sudden sight of Ashari’s half-nude form glowing with the radiance that pregnant women bore was almost too much for Aerin to resist, but she quickly slowed her breathing and centered herself before her mindcrafter mentor could see and comment negatively upon the fleeting rush-and-fondle fantasy which flickered through Aerin’s mind.

No… I’ve changed…, she haldf-promised and half-lied to herslf. She could resist such thoughts of others, but Mistress Ashari would always draw a spark. “How was your meeting?” she continued, changing the subject (and her attention) back to safer things, yet not averting her eyes one bit from the beauty before her that only Andolin and Ketch knew as intimately as she longed to.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena was writing in her little journal as she awaited Ashari to arrive back home. The girl was already dressed, fitting herself in a simple beige dress. Her hair was long and smooth as it always was, combed free of any knots and tangles. In her journal, she wrote down what was going to happen in the day. Her first line was, Meet and greet the new students. The loss of Paige wasn't something that would be easily forgotten. However a smile formed on her face because the house would be a bit more livelier with more people and with more students Yelena would have to follow through with Ashari's plan not only to protect themselves, but the new students as well.

Ashari wrote:”Girls?”

Upon hearing Ashari call she scribbled her last line as well as she could before rising from the bed. Help Ashari, protect everyone. As she walked to Ashari's bedroom Yelena saw Aerin at the doorway. She tapped her on the shoulder once and whispered, “Hello Aerin.” Her head tilted curiously to peek into Ashari's room and caught only a glimpse before snapping back behind the obstruction of the door. “Hello Mistress.”
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Galenel
Civus

Galen Brandywine's debut at Thalas Manse - 32nd Jy

Post by Galenel »

As Galen walked up the street, the first thing that struck him about Thalas Manse was the long lane covered by the arching limbs of ancient oaks. The lane was presumably designed with a lord or lady’s coach in mind, allowing the owner (or well-heeled visitor) to be driven right to the main entrance underneath the cool shade of the trees. He loved the trees, and felt somewhat at ease just looking at them. He was mesmerized by the sunlight as it glittered through the fluttering leaves while the breeze gently tickled his sweat-dampened scalp. The gorgeous old oaks reminded him of the four huge Ironwoods that cradled the city of Kes’Levy in their massive arms. The walk from the Dragon to Thalas Manse was quite a bit longer than he had expected but, guessing by the height of the sun in the sky, Galen was pleased that he had arrived on-time—or perhaps even a few burns early—for his appointment with Ashari.

The home itself was impressive and seemed to dwarf the other stately homes in the Patrician’s Ring. Its whitewashed stucco exterior seemed to glow in the brilliant light of early tradetide. The home seemed to have a central building around which a left and right wing were attached. The front garden was planted with a variety of lovely roses and featured a large dragon-shaped fountain the mouth of which spewed a stream of water into the air. Galen liked it, and as he approached he found the fountain’s spray a quite refreshing aspect of the home’s exterior.

Galen approached the thick wood door that marked the main entrance of Thalas Manse. He reached up and firmly rapped the bronze knocker three times in quick succession. Stepping back, he ran his hands over his new doublet to smooth out any wrinkles. He had bought a new pair of breeches and paid two banner for a shoe-shine boy to buff up his travel-worn boots. A wave of nervousness passed through him as he waited for someone to answer the door. Galen glanced back to the rows of ancient oaks and took a slow, deep breath as he tried to relax. This was his big break and he was determined not to blow it.
Last edited by Galenel on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." (Sheryl Crow)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

The long drive and old trees left the dark skinned Achadhiel speechless as she walked up towards the house. The house itself was stunning her eyes widdening to attempt to take it all in. "This is her home... tihs isn't house this is a palace." she whisperes. She pauses a moment. looking around for others. " Galenel..." she says briefly acknowledging him. She'd left home early, candle marks early, knowing it was better to be... even a burn early that even a few flickers late. She looked back towards the the lane. "I will never get used to this." she stated.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Don't you girls just look darling," Ash purred while spinning on her heel and admiring her two beautiful students. Her chemise flared about her mid thighs as she turned, but then settled against her skin again. She gave them a smile and waved for them to step into the disaster that was her private room. She wasn't ashamed of it, she new she wasn't tidy. It wasn't dirty it was just disarranged.

"We've much to discuss and not much time to do it before our new arrivals." The mistress began. Outside, Galenel and Deianeira were approaching via the cobbled horseshoe shaped lane that provided an entrance and exit point for the large mansion. "I've been thinking about them - our new friends, and also that I worry about leaving them here alone. This is a big house, I imagine they will want a proper tour which I don't have time for," Ash's ears perked as the knocker was struck against the exterior door. The sound echoed through the main foyer. "Ah, I'd imagine that's one of them now. Early bird, quite commendable." This last bit was said more to herself than to either Aerin or Yelena.

"The boy, achadhiel, is not a student. He'll be working for us as a servant. That doesn't mean you shouldn't treat him equally. Being nice to the help is the best way to keep your secrets private. One doesn't want their wash maid spreading gossip, and the best way to prevent it is by her being your friend, for then it breaks a confidence as much as a duty. The girl, an achadhiel as well, is a student. So, you can expect to see her in classes." Ash sat on the edge of her bed, surveying her spread wardrobe as she spoke, and wondering whether the person(s) outside would be shifting uncomfortably waiting.

"Aerin, go down and greet our guests as they arrive." Ashari looked at the redhead. "Galenel Brandywine and Deianeira Saitheria," the last was a particularly adhiel sounding name. "Take them into the sitting room, let them get comfortable. Offer drinks and be charming," she said to her and then waved for the girl to depart. "Impart that I will be down shortly for their interviews," she said after her.

Once Aerin was gone she looked to her remaining student. "Yelena. I would like you to stay here with them," she said, her eyes landing on her much more innocent pupil. There was, perhaps, a vision of a sweet fragile flower superimposed over her sight. Plus, she knew Yelena wouldn't have sex with one or both of the new arrivals while she was gone. "This mission, it's not for you to be a part of," she said this rather bluntly. Honesty was the best policy. "When I am done with the interviews with the two of them I will send them out to you. I will stop at Simple Pleasures on the way to find our man. In the meantime you can take them around the house, show them the library and talk about what ever it is you want to talk about with them. Bring them to their rooms. Galen will be in the servants quarters on the first floor and Deianeira will be in one of the rooms here, on the second floor." She smiled. "You didn't want to go on the hunt in the first place, did you." It wasn't a question but a statement that suggested Ashari believed this to be the case. "We will avenge Paige and bring her killer to justice and put the past to rest."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin smiled and gave a small bow, just as she and Yelena had been taught in etiquette class, and followed the beckon into the private room. She noted the disarray but said nothing – her own room had found itself in such a state from time to time – stepping over items to allow Yelena access to the room as well.

Ashari wrote:"We've much to discuss and not much time to do it before our new arrivals. I've been thinking about them - our new friends, and also that I worry about leaving them here alone. This is a big house, I imagine they will want a proper tour which I don't have time for,"

Aerin smiled, remembering her first days within Thalas – it had been two months and the place still seemed to hold surprises for her, mostly due to Ashari’s remodeling, but Ashari was right…there was no time for a tour – Aerin secretly hoped that there would be scant time for introductions before sending them off on time-killing errands so that plotting could commence, but she was sometimes selfish like that.

Her eyes moved toward the chamber doors as the knock was heard, a definitive smirk at the corner of her mouth. Either they had other unexpected visitors or Mistress Ashari had mastered the art of understatement when she said they had little time.

Ashari wrote:"Ah, I'd imagine that's one of them now. Early bird, quite commendable. The boy, achadhiel, is not a student. He'll be working for us as a servant. That doesn't mean you shouldn't treat him equally. Being nice to the help is the best way to keep your secrets private.”

Aerin had to laugh at this comment, albeit silently, as the case was often revered at Simple Pleasures – the nicer the customers were to her, the servant, the more she tended to hear even though none of it had been of much use to her thus far – but she did understand Ashari’s statement as well. People treated well tended not to bite the hand that fed them.

Ashari wrote:"The girl, an achadhiel as well, is a student. So, you can expect to see her in classes."
Aerin’s mind flickered to Ashleigh, picturing the pretty but unique achadheil in the Thalas setting. Her eyes moved from Ashari to Yelena and back again, wondering which of them would be sent to retrieve them. Ordinarily, she would have rushed the chance, but she did not know if Ashari would want to give either her or Yelena special instructions to ensure that neither student nor servant ‘accidentally’ found their way into Aerin’s bedroom although, after the Wrinkles incident, it was a subject that Aerin more made light of than actually planned on doing. The Citadel was large and full of people outside of Thalas to bed in rooms outside of Thalas. Much like Ashari’s example, it was best not to bite that hand, if even just through action.

The answer to the unspoken question came quickly enough.

Ashari wrote:"Aerin, go down and greet our guests as they arrive. Galenel Brandywine and Deianeira Saitheria, Take them into the sitting room, let them get comfortable. Offer drinks and be charming, Impart that I will be down shortly for their interviews,"

Aerin gave another smile and small bow, putting on her ‘game face’ and turning to the door after relying “As you wish, Mistress…”. She exited the room and descended the staircase, making sure that her dress was fluffed just the right way and that her hair fell right, primping as if going on a date as opposed to answering a door. She drew a deep breath at the last flicker and opened the door.

“Namaste…” she greeted, keeping her eyes locked on his for a flicker before motioning inward. “You must be Mister Brandywine and Miss Saitheria – my name is Aerin Seleratus, and it is a pleasure to meet you.” She kept her etiquette classes in mind and playing lady-like. “Please come in and allow me to show you to the sitting room. Mistress Gywien will be with you both shortly for an interview.” She would allow them both to enter, closing the door behind them and taking the lead as she walked toward the sitting room, giving a small tour of her own along the way as her hand motioned toward the stairs.

“Mistress Ashari and the students live upstairs…” she announced sweetly, omitting the excluding comment of ‘…servants live downstairs’. Taking the group to the right, her hands motioned left and then right as they walked forward. Living room and garden room are this way – we often have classes there and in the library, which is down this way…” Her hand returned from its motion toward the library and came to rest upon the doorknob of the sitting room. “You will get a full tour later, I am sure.” She opened the sitting room door and motioned inside.

“If you will excuse me for a flicker or two, I will go and fetch refreshments. Please make yourselves comfortable and, in case have need of it before I return, the bathroom I up the stairs and to the left although I would not recommend just wandering about alone.” With that final thought, Aerin excused herself to the kitchen to fetch drinks and possibly some fast fruit or crackers to go with them.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Inside the house was sumptuously furnished. The hallway was tiled with marble and stretched upwards not just to the ceiling of the first floor, but up to the second. Exposed butresses and supports gave the austere feeling of a church, while the large chandelier hung low and gave off a warm light when the candles were lit. The entire mansion held cream theme, interspersed with other colors in other rooms. Window drapings, seen from the outside, were thin and lacy on the first floor, but the second floor seemed more private with heavier fabrics. A large sitting room opened up with expansive windows into the rear lawn and palace garden, allowing the scent of the flowers to drift into the house.

Galen looked around with wide eyes, soaking it all in, as Aerin led them from the foyer into the sitting room. Nice place! he thought to himself. This is going to be great, much better than that terrible flophouse by the port or even the Dragon. "What a beautiful house," he observed, trying to sound less awestruck and excited than he felt.

He did not feel at ease in his new clothes, which were ever so slightly damp with sweat from the walk under the warm midday sun, and despite his best efforts to the contrary, he felt slightly anxious about the looming interview with Mistress Ashari. As he looked around the room, he made a fist and took a deep breath, hoping no one would notice his feeble relaxation exercise.

While Aerin was in the kitchen, Galen turned to Deianeira and asked in a low voice, "Do you think she's a student here?"
Last edited by Galenel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Aerin Penna Seleratus wrote:Aerin smiled and gave a small bow, just
“Namaste…” she greeted, keeping her eyes locked on his for a flicker before motioning inward. “You must be Mister Brandywine and Miss Saitheria – my name is Aerin Seleratus, and it is a pleasure to meet you.” She kept her etiquette classes in mind and playing lady-like. “Please come in and allow me to show you to the sitting room. Mistress Gywien will be with you both shortly for an interview.” She would allow them both to enter, closing the door behind them and taking the lead as she walked toward the sitting room, giving a small tour of her own along the way as her hand motioned toward the stairs.

“Mistress Ashari and the students live upstairs…” she announced sweetly, omitting the excluding comment of ‘…servants live downstairs’. Taking the group to the right, her hands motioned left and then right as they walked forward. Living room and garden room are this way – we often have classes there and in the library, which is down this way…” Her hand returned from its motion toward the library and came to rest upon the doorknob of the sitting room. “You will get a full tour later, I am sure.” She opened the sitting room door and motioned inside.

“If you will excuse me for a flicker or two, I will go and fetch refreshments. Please make yourselves comfortable and, in case have need of it before I return, the bathroom I up the stairs and to the left although I would not recommend just wandering about alone.” With that final thought, Aerin excused herself to the kitchen to fetch drinks and possibly some fast fruit or crackers to go with them.

Deianeira nodded. "Thank you." She looked around, her eyes examing everything in detail, trying to take it all in. It was gorgeous. Beautiful. Her mouth moved softly as if trying to take with words, pictures of the gorgeous place. "Students live... here?" she says slowly as the words sink into her mind. She looks at Galen and then nods to Aerin. "Umm... thank you." She settled down into the seat. "A full tour later." she says. "I'd need weeks to just learn about this place." she says softly still looking around the sitting room as if to make sense of it all.

Interview The world left a bad taste in her mouth, but with a place this beautiful, quality was probably of the utmost importance. She'd dressed well, a blue dress, simple and clear cut. No frills or fluff. But respectable. To Galen's question she nodded slowly. "It's safe to assume so... I don't think she's a teacher... I could be wrong... but she probably is."
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen chuckled to himself. He offered his hand to Deianeira. "So rude of me," he said to her in Adhiel. "For all the time we've spent together, I am not sure we were ever formally introduced. I'm Galenel Brandywine—you can call me Galen." He smiled at her, partly out of genuine friendliness and partly because he was still overcome with excitement over the thought of getting to work at such an impressive estate.

Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Ashari wrote:"We've much to discuss and not much time to do it before our new arrivals. I've been thinking about them - our new friends, and also that I worry about leaving them here alone. This is a big house, I imagine they will want a proper tour which I don't have time for,"

Yelena listened intently to Ashari waiting for whatever instructions she would have them do. Today was when there would be new people in the house and the day when they would enact their revenge. Quietly, she gathered a deep breath. If they were going to do something the new people would have to be sent away for a while or someone would have to stay.

Ashari wrote:"Ah, I'd imagine that's one of them now. Early bird, quite commendable. The boy, achadhiel, is not a student. He'll be working for us as a servant. That doesn't mean you shouldn't treat him equally. Being nice to the help is the best way to keep your secrets private. The girl, an achadhiel as well, is a student. So, you can expect to see her in classes."

Yelena nodded since she felt that she never treated anyone unequally. There could have been a case or two where she did, but with the new student and the servant there would be no problems at all. She watched Aerin walk out of the room as Ashari sent the redhead down to greet the two newcomers while she stayed in the room with Ashari.

Ashari wrote:"Yelena. I would like you to stay here with them. This mission, it's not for you to be a part of. When I am done with the interviews with the two of them I will send them out to you. I will stop at Simple Pleasures on the way to find our man. In the meantime you can take them around the house, show them the library and talk about what ever it is you want to talk about with them. Bring them to their rooms. Galen will be in the servants quarters on the first floor and Deianeira will be in one of the rooms here, on the second floor."

For a flicker Yelena was confused. She could feel hints of both relief and frustration. She wanted to be a part of the direct plans, but still did not know if she had the willpower to follow through. Maybe Ashari knew and that was the reason why she wanted her to stay. “Yes Mistress, I'll stay with them and show them around.”

Ashari wrote:"You didn't want to go on the hunt in the first place, did you. We will avenge Paige and bring her killer to justice and put the past to rest."

“No Mistress, I did not. But it wasn't because I didn't want to avenge Paige, it was because I didn't know how I could help,” her voice started to become quieter. “I didn't want to become a burden and make anything worse because I care about you and Aerin and the others...”
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"That is a part of it indeed," Ash said to Yelena. "I worry that you would be caught off guard by the violence that I will have to display in taking him down. If something happened to you... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself," she said. Ashari's words came out a bit stammering at the end, as if she was caught up in them and the thought of some sort of terrible fate befalling Yelena in this last stand against Michael Crane. She couldn't allow that to happen. Aerin would be able to hold her head around the chance of gore.

"He... he is terrible to women," she said with a frown. "From what I've heard, beatings and rape were common at the Red Banner. Those girls.. I wonder what happened to them all - those that lived, that is." Ashari took in a breath and then kicked at a slipper next to her bed to send it soaring and then skipping across the floor of her room. "Should... should I not return tonight you must flee from here, you must send the others away - all the servants and tell Deianeira to never speak of me again. You, as well, should not." Ashari walked over to her desk and picked up a bronze key. "I will give you this, for I trust you. Open the top middle drawer only if I do not return. It will help you get on your feet."

If Ashari didn't return she had little hope for the others should they be linked to her. She also suspected that if she were killed that Aerin would be as well. In the top drawer she left a parcel of money, it was enough for Yelena to have a future and with Ashari's death her contract with Pecunia would be ended so she had no fear of leaving this place. "I cannot tell the future. I am resolute in the idea that we will succeed, but, I wouldn't want to leave you without a plan B." She smiled and handed Yelena the key. "If we're not back by second mark eveningtide then go - go far away from here."

With that being said she rubbed Yelena's arm affectionately. "Believe me when I say that I trust you, and my worry is only for your safety. We will return victorious, and we shall celebrate tonight - carefree and fun with our two new friends," she withdrew her hand and stepped away, pulling off the chemise. Ashari had tired of it already. It wasn't what she'd wear. Michael's death deserved something more formal. She grasped a black dress, one that had a sharp white V that went down the front to just above the the crotch which drew the eye from it's low cut neckline in a direct shot downward. It had long sleeves which were tight and came over the wrist to cover it. "Would you tie me up?" She asked, and offered her back to Yelena where a twin set of lacings went up from the small of her back up to just below each pointy shoulder blade. The dress itself had a narrow cut to it which allowed for good movement. Over the sleeves of the dress she tied on her Warded Bracers which would make it so she wouldn't need to shield and could put all her energy into her two crafts.

Her hair was left loose and the white ribbons complimented the white V against her black hair in a very nice way. On her feet she pulled socks that came to above the knee and then leather boots. It wasn't a day for heels.
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

As going to the kitchen and gathering items was no greater feat than getting dressed, thanks to the organized pantry, Aerin soon found herself returning to the sitting room, oblivious to the conversations about her that had occurred both in this room and the one directly above it. She had been given simple orders and not much detail, so the tray bore five glasses, just in case it was to be a group meeting. Keeping to the lessons, she placed the tray upon a small table and poured the glasses near-full, giving a playful smile at Galenel to let him know that she was not above service herself and that she would hopefully never forget that her roots were just as humble.

“The Mistress shall be here shortly – just a few burns more, I suspect.” She announced as the last glass filled. “We have had a busy time of it all over the past few days…” she said, not wanting to scare the Nether out of the two of them nor cast false pretenses – at least not too false. “Why just this morningtide, we have had classes on meditation, literacy, and dance, in fact…” she continued, giving Deianeria a warm smile. “I think that you will find that the classes are as much fun as they are work, my dear…” she continued as she served a glass of the wine to the new female student.

“As will you, sir…” she continued as she passed a drink to Galenel. With Miss Saitheria’s addition, there shall be three females here taking those lessons, all in need of a practice partner, I think…” she chuckled. “…and unless Mistress Ashari tells me otherwise, I think that I would like to practice with you, if our schedules allow?” she asked with a small nod of her head, mentally adding He certainly looks like he knows how to sweep a woman off of her feet… before realizing at the last flicker that she was flirting with him without meaning to.

A slight blush kissed her on each cheek, just as her dance instructor had done only a few marks earlier, and Aerin glanced toward the sitting room door. “Not now though, unfortunately – as my day is pretty booked as it is. The Mistress wants me to meet with a man who could well change all of our lives and, if luck and Pan are with me, I shall find my way into his heart with ease.” Or any other organ that gets in my way, I hope… she mentally added, the flickers becoming burns with each one spent thinking of watching the light fade from Crane’s eyes.

The excitement about the upcoming mission had her giddy and talkative and she needed to be neither at the present. Giddy, at all, could be dangerous either on the task or as a last-burn deciding factor against her going out and doing anything. If she seemed too ‘happy’ about the attack, Ashari might consider her too immature to be a part of it. Talkative might do the same, but she planned beforehand to do far more listening than talking, allowing Ashari her rightful place at the top of the marionette stage instead of Aerin trying to Pinocchio herself into danger.

Calm… Breathe… Roses… Open… Om….

Taking a small lift of her glass to the other two, she focused her thoughts on a small, informal toast with another small nod to each of them.

“Ahem. To new friends and new beginnings, eh?”
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Ashari wrote:"That is a part of it indeed," Ash said to Yelena. "I worry that you would be caught off guard by the violence that I will have to display in taking him down. If something happened to you... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself,"

Ashari's words struck Yelena deeply. Her Mistress was very kind. She was definitely the kind that watched out for her friends even if they did not ask. Yelena nodded, trying her hardest not to burst into emotions. This was the best decision to make. The girl would stay here with the other two and wait.

Ashari wrote:"He... he is terrible to women," she said with a frown. "From what I've heard, beatings and rape were common at the Red Banner. Those girls.. I wonder what happened to them all - those that lived, that is." Ashari took in a breath and then kicked at a slipper next to her bed to send it soaring and then skipping across the floor of her room. "Should... should I not return tonight you must flee from here, you must send the others away - all the servants and tell Deianeira to never speak of me again. You, as well, should not." Ashari walked over to her desk and picked up a bronze key. "I will give you this, for I trust you. Open the top middle drawer only if I do not return. It will help you get on your feet. I cannot tell the future. I am resolute in the idea that we will succeed, but, I wouldn't want to leave you without a plan B." She smiled and handed Yelena the key. "If we're not back by second mark eveningtide then go - go far away from here."

Yelena turned her head at the mention of the worst case scenario because to her there wouldn't be one. A couple of deep breaths helped her get the thoughts out of her head. It wouldn't be like that. If it was Ashari, Aerin and anyone else that was going to help her it would surely go their way and they would be back. The blond nodded again but added, “I won't get to use this key. I know I won't.”

Ashari wrote:"Believe me when I say that I trust you, and my worry is only for your safety. We will return victorious, and we shall celebrate tonight - carefree and fun with our two new friends. Would you tie me up?"

“I believe you Mistress.” Yelena helped her by tying the back of the dress up. “I will be here with the servants and Deianeira, awaiting your return.”
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen watched intently as the captivating redhead Aerin returned with a tray bearing five glasses and a bottle of wine.

Aerin Penna Seleratus wrote:“The Mistress shall be here shortly – just a few burns more, I suspect.” She announced as the last glass filled. “We have had a busy time of it all over the past few days…” she said. “Why just this morningtide, we have had classes on meditation, literacy, and dance, in fact…” she continued, giving Deianeria a warm smile. “I think that you will find that the classes are as much fun as they are work, my dear…” she continued as she served a glass of the wine to the new female student.

“As will you, sir…” she continued as she passed a drink to Galenel. With Miss Saitheria’s addition, there shall be three females here taking those lessons, all in need of a practice partner, I think…” she chuckled. “…and unless Mistress Ashari tells me otherwise, I think that I would like to practice with you, if our schedules allow?” she asked with a small nod of her head.

A slight blush kissed her on each cheek, and Aerin glanced toward the sitting room door. “Not now though, unfortunately – as my day is pretty booked as it is. The Mistress wants me to meet with a man who could well change all of our lives and, if luck and Pan are with me, I shall find my way into his heart with ease.”

Perhaps it was his apprehension about the interview, but it was not until Aerin mentioned it that Galen realized that, if he was successful in obtaining the job, he would be a paid servant in a house occupied only by him and four attractive, young, unmarried women. Lord Pan, he prayed silently, please cast your countenance on me and grant me this fine opportunity, and I promise I will not disappoint you. He noticed the blush on Aerin’s face as she spoke about practicing her dancing with him. Galen had to repress the impulse to flirt back, but he knew he needed to keep everything together. Who knows? he thought, this could be some kind of test.

Galen gently swirled the wine in his glass and smiled sweetly at the two lovely women.

Aerin Penna Seleratus wrote:Taking a small lift of her glass to the other two, she focused her thoughts on a small, informal toast with another small nod to each of them.

“Ahem. To new friends and new beginnings, eh?”

Galen nodded and raised his glass in response. “Absolutely,” he agreed. “I wish you the best in your venture today,” he said to Aerin. He recognized in Miss Aerin a fellow Panling and wondered if they would have the opportunity to celebrate together the Horned God's most sacred sacrament, Pan's Joy. Locking his eyes with hers for the second time that day, he added, “May Lord Pan shine his countenance on us this day and help us all make the most of our endeavors.”

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

The panlings, Deianeira watched them, feeling a little like she was missing out on some private joke. She too raised her glass as words were exchanged. "To new friends, new beginnings, new lives.... to a whole new world." she said raising her glass carefully before taking a sip. She took a moment realize.. he'd be a servant in a house with her in it? How many others were here?

Deianeira tried to think, not many she'd assume, though the size of the house could just hide many people. She smiled, Galen was quite nice looking, worth a shot. She supposed. "So about the classes? Dancing you said, literacy and meditation, sounds quite exciting. What its like learning those things? And what else do you learn about?" she leans foreward a little before setting her glass down lest she spill it. She watched them flirt a bit... she always botched such things.

Her drunken dancing... her forewardness... the most unlady like behavior... like a street whore... what did you want? She'd asked her dance partner... like a street whore. She inhaled. She wanted to be refined to move in the delicate circles and not be a gutter snipe... the child of a courtesan.... not any more... She sat there watching the other two converse easily, fluidly, her fist forming a ball on her skirt, wrinkling the material. This is why I am here, to learn to move, to breath, to become a Lady. To have power, and to weild it wisely and well. She found herself wanting something of her own. "So how did you come here, Miss Aerin?" she asks pleasantly.
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin savored the taste of the wine as she sipped to the pair’s good fortune and to new contacts, taking a seat herself and listening as Deianeria gave her questions about what was to come. “How did I come here?” she asked, restating the last question first as if ignoring the others. “Well, I think that my tale perhaps shows well what Mistress Ashari is capable of within these walls. When I first met her, I was just a father-raised farmgirl fresh off the boat and as crude as a woman could be without being a man.” She shrugged. “But Mistress Ashari runs neither a whorehouse nor an inn here – she takes in students and turns them into ladies and gentlemen who can be more than they were.” She gave the neophyte a smile.

“There have been other courses as well, etiquette, music, and more, but the real lessons that I learn from the Mistress as far as behavior come from simply watching her – she is a lady, Miss Saitheria, and holds favor with even the Caesar himself because of it…” Aerin gave a solemn nod of her head. “With an example like that one cannot help but seek to match it and I am all the better for it, I think.” She finished before taking another ladylike sip of her wine, thankful that Galenel had not returned her flirts, for if Ashari thought that his presence would pose a problem, it could well be Aerin’s undoing as for his chances of hire and not his own.

“She is not the only example, either…” she added with a smile. “Each student brings strengths and experiences with them – you included – and shares them with his or her classmates…” she said, setting her glass down and interlocking her fingers. “Your own skills grow from teaching them to others while others get the benefit of the training. Take Yelena and myself for instance… She knows how to read and write far better than I, and so we practice together when time allows.” Aerin lightly fibbed, knowing that since taking the jobs and separate social lives, she and Yelena had missed out on many opportunities to do what Ashari had intended. “Likewise…”, she continued undaunted, planning to speak to Yelena privately about the fib and ask that she lend credence to it. “She is a bit shy and I am more open…” she said, resisting the urge to turn on and openly flaunt her charms. “…and so I help her in that aspect, helping her awaken her inner vixen.”

I wish… she mentally added, remembering back to her dirty little haiku about Yelena in the literacy class oh so scant marks before. Thoughts of Yelena made Aerin’s eyes wander to the door once more, wondering what the nether could be keeping the Mistress and her fellow student. Hopefully Ashari had not decided to leave Aerin to ‘babysit’ in order to see how she would do as a stand-in head of house while she and Yelena skipped out to do a little Crane-hunting, yet did not have the heart or hubris to tell her so beforehand. “Relax, beautiful…” she reassured the girl before taking another sip. “I am sure that you would not be here talking to me, had the Mistress not seen promise in you. Or you, sir…” she added, nodding to Galenel.

Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Literacy. Galen thought about this. He could read and write a little in both the human tongue and his native one, Adhiel, but only in the most rudimentary fashion. He would not have felt comfortable—in fact, would have felt quite embarassed—writing a letter to someone. I wonder if there's any chance I could get some help improving my writing, he mused, even though I would not be an actual student here.

Galen watched Aerin. Something about her reminded him of a cat, but he was not sure why. She seemed to be quite ladylike, but gave him the impression she was capable of sensuality—perhaps even violence—in the right (or wrong) circumstances. She intrigued him, but he made a mental note to treat her, like the others, with at least some small measure of caution.

He took a sip of the wine. Decent vintage, he thought. I wonder from where it came. It did not seem to have the unique flavors of a T'arquar wine, but he could not tell its origin. He watched the two young women talk about the school (or Guild—he was confused) as he wondered what kind of lovely victuals were to be found in Thalas Manse's wine cellar and food stores. A mix of excited anticipation and anxiety swirled in his belly. He wanted to get the interview done and know, one way or the other, if this wonderful opportunity really was meant to be.

"So there's you and the other student, plus Mistress Ashari?" he asked Aerin, noting her mention of the other student—Yelena or something—and the fact that there were two glasses left on her tray. He took another sip of the fine, unnamed wine and awaited her answer.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

She looked back towards the steps and where the Mistress was. She leans foreward for a sip of wine and then sighed. "Aerin, can I ask, how you learned to do such... and how can you awaken some one?" she asks. She tries to be polite about it, her base self knew a good way- a good strong drink. She tasted the wine-it was beautiful, not as strong the drink she'd drunk at that party, but clearly not as all consuming. "I know it can be a loosening of ones restriction with strong enough drink, but you seem to mean with something else?"
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

OOC: Galenel and Deianeria – Hyper-posting is cool and all, but let’s slow it down and give everyone (Ashari and Yelena especially) a chance to post before replying please – thanks.

Galenel wrote:Literacy"So there's you and the other student, plus Mistress Ashari?"

“For now, yes…”, she replied simply, not wanting to get too far into a discussion before Ashari and Yelena could join, which could happen at any flicker.

Deianeira Saitheria wrote:"Aerin, can I ask, how you learned to do such... and how can you awaken some one? I know it can be a loosening of ones restriction with strong enough drink, but you seem to mean with something else?"

The airs of innocence about Deianeira were as thick and heady as the wine in their glasses and Aerin smiled at the naive woman’s question, her left eyebrow perking as – only in her own mind – the potential student’s clothing ripped away into nothingness in a fraction of a flicker. Aerin felt herself thrill at it the sight. “Not drinking, training. And oh, it is not difficult, although it does take time. Perhaps this eveningtide in my chambers…” she answered, allowing her words to trail off as she looked once more to the door and shifted a bit in her seat, crossing her legs demurely at the knee.

What is keeping those two?

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I'm quite confident you won't need it either," Ashari replied with a soft smile and a gentle pat to the girl's arm. "But one should never accuse me of being unprepared. Do remember that. I'm always ready. What happened with Paige shouldn't have happened, and it was almost entirely her own fault. If she hadn't gone off in the night then she would've been protected by all of us. We are masters of our fate more than we care to think. She decided she didn't want to tell me about her lover so I could have him investigated." For, that was a thing well within Ashari's capabilities. "For that, I am bothered. I hope you would never be afraid or ashamed to tell me anything, Yelena."

Once she was laced up Ash spun on her heel and let the dress flair about her legs much like any eighteen yahren old would be wont to do. Sometimes it was easy to forget how young she was - even for Ash herself. "Hand me that black brush there, on the edge of the dresser," she vaguely pointed to a buffing brush that was coated in a black substance so that it appeared to have been rubbed in an extinguished fireplace. She delicately rubbed the brush over her boots, giving them a stunning shine all the way up to just below the knee and then handed it back to Yelena.

She stepped over to her mirror and alternatively fluffed up her hair and re-arranged it until all the ribbons were artfully arranged to frame her dusky face. From there, her attention went to the application of a dusting of powder above her eyes of crushed mica to give a subtle sparkle to her gray gaze.

Ashari considered how much instruction she wanted to pass on to Yelena - and how much responsibility she wanted to put on her shoulders. "Bring Galen to his room first, after the tour around the house," she suggested to the Companion in Training. "This will show Galen his place, and also make Deia recognize hers when you bring her upstairs to her own room." The ones upstairs were very large, and at this time with so few students they were also very spacious. "I'd like you to take her under your wing. I'm going to get her a job as a scribe as well, so she will want to confide in you. It should make you fast friends." This she said with a more genuine smile, as if it interested her that Yelena had a close friend within the Guild.

"She was raised her in the Citadel, but I don't get a very adhiel feeling from her, you know? Like she likely doesn't know much of her heritage. Perhaps you could tell her things, things about your people. I would like her to be more like an adhiel, if possible. I'm going to bring in an instructor of adhiel to assist you both with the language. And, above all, get to know her. Once I take them in for their interviews catch Aerin up on what we've discussed. We better get down there before she thinks we've run out the service entrance around the back on her," she giggled and stepped through the door without another word.

The pair were able to descend the steps without being seen, but once hitting the bottom landing in the foyer the view into the sitting room was fairly well open. It was a large space and Ash greeted the three of them with the slightest of smiles in only the edges of her lips. When she graced her way from the stairs into the sumptuous sitting room she'd just barely picked up the end of Aerin's last comment - an offer which caused for Ashari's eyes to meet those of her redheaded pupil sternly but without verbal reprimand.

Surveying the room she looked at Galen and Deia in turn. "I hadn't expected the two of you to come together," she smirked slightly. Ash found herself rather amusing. "As you've gotten one introduction, here is another. This is Yelena Kintessia, Yelena, this is Galen Brandy Wine and Deianeira Saitheria," she said.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen stood up and acknowledged the two with a polite nod.

"How do you do?" he said to Yelena in particular with a smile and a subtle tip of his wine glass. Yelena was a pretty girl who reminded him of many of the adhiel girls he grew up with in T'arquar. Like Deianeira she seemed to him to be the typical adhiel type: delicate, slender and lithe. A twinge of bitterness passed through him as he thought about the last girl he knew before he left the realm of his birth. This is a new place, he reminded himself. People here are more worldly and open-minded.

He turned to Ashari, shrugged his shoulders and grinned. "Miss, I guess we are both prompt by nature," he said to her.

She grasped a black dress, one that had a sharp white V that went down the front to just above the the crotch which drew the eye from its low cut neckline in a direct shot downward. It had long sleeves which were tight and came over the wrist to cover it. The dress itself had a narrow cut to it which allowed for good movement.

Ashari had caught his eye last night in the Dragon, but she looked even sexier and more spectacular in the black and white dress. A gorgeous house, full of gorgeous women, a decent-paying job—it was almost too good to be true. He was determined not to blow this opportunity. His thigh muscle twitched and he shuffled his weight from one foot to the other. Come on, he thought to himself impatiently, let's get this 'interview' done with.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

The achadhiel smiled at Aerin, "Perhaps this evening then." she says softly, not flirting but being utterly sincere and curious. "Yes.. that might be interesting if you'd like it." she says trying to keep her mind on the upcoming interview on her mind. She turned a little bit curiously.

As Galen rose, so did Deianeira. She offered a slow curtsey to the woman. "Mistress Gywen." she said in greeting. She offered another curtsey to Yelena. "A pleasure to Miss."
RP Prefs:Any thing goes Really, on Camera--ot doesn't matter.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”