The Bardic College Jygust 30th MT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Raina Courtez
Civus

The Bardic College Jygust 30th MT

Post by Raina Courtez »

On the same square as the Temple of Pan, The Bardic College stood, as it had for many yahren. A small doorway off the street led into a brightly lit antechamber dominated by a dark wooden desk. Behind the desk several doors opened into other parts of the college. The air of the chamber was scented with the fragrance of lavender, and something a bit sweeter, a light citrus smell of sorts. The walls were hung with a variety of tapestries, most depicting bards in various poses, but some showed battles of the past and other glorious events. The sound of the feet of those entering was muffled by the deep pile of the rug throw over the cold flagstone floor.

Sitting behind the desk was small birdlike young man, busily scribbling in a ledger opened before him. Behind the desk the young man looked up from his scratchings, a look of mild surprise on his face. It seemed that he was not expecting visitors, or perhaps he had just been so engrossed in his work that he had forgotten where he was.

"Welcome to the Bardic College of the Citadel. How may I help you?" he asked, but then added quickly, "There are no concerts today."

Raina bit her lip anxiously as she stood outside the door of The Bardic College. This was her first day in Citadel and she wanted to make sure that her future in dancing could be secured before she even thought about lodgings. She was not sure if this was even the right location to enquire, but figured it was as good as any place to start.

Raina squared her shoulders determinedly and went inside the college. As soon as she entered, Raina immediately noticed the fragrance. Closing her eyes, she deeply inhaled. The fragrance of lavender and possibly a hint of lemon filled her; she smiled slightly. The fragrance was comforting, and it reminded Raina of her mother. The scratching of a quill interrupted her reverie and her eyes flew open suddenly realizing how vulnerable she was standing there with her eyes closed. She quickly checked her dagger, which was attached to her belt and breathed a sigh of relief as she saw it was just the clerk. At her sigh the young man looked up seemingly startled.

"Welcome to the Bardic College of the Citadel. How may I help you?" he asked, but then added quickly, "There are no concerts today."

Of course he thinks I’m here for a concert. With a quick laugh, “I am not here for concerts, but possibly lessons. Does your…um college have dancing lessons in the purpose of one day being able to perform?

Raina looked at the young man expectantly. Her startling green eyes flashing excitedly as she leaned forward in anticipation.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”