Of Dark Things - Samheen 27th MT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Of Dark Things - Samheen 27th MT

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin had quickly suppressed the nauseating effects of travelling by Portal though it took him more effort then the last few times. "I shouldn't be using them this often. Hopefully this crisis is resolved soon..."

He made way to the palace, deep in thought. He might have been wrong in trying to destroy the book yet he had sought the council of the Thaumaturgist before trying. The man hadn't responded at that time and with the pressure of guarding such a dangerous artifact the mage had taken the only course that had seemed reliable enough at the time. "I am tired of games and distrust. I'll be straightforward. Lets hope that Ginneke has a sense of honour..."

The walls are completely hidden behind huge tapestries depicting scenes from the Great Battle and statues of the Empire's heroes. In the center of the room is a massive oaken dining table, with enough chairs to sit two hundred diners.

At any given time of the day the Hall is occupied by servants working or passing through to other areas of the Citadel, visitors admiring the numerous works of art, and petitioners seeking an audience with the Ceaser. At meal times, however, this activity stops, and the Caesar, members of the nobility, and a few select guests dine, discussing matters. During this, minstrels perform on a stage at the foot of the Hall, and servants bring in fine foods or takeaway empty platters.

Once he arrived he grabbed hold of one of the servants in the great hall and told him that he had a meeting with the Imperial Thaumaturgist, as well as identifying himself as Professor Motricé of the University of Magic.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

On his way to the Palace, Elvin found the streets to be quite empty, almost devoid of people, a number of stalls that made the Marketplace broken. Several workers were busy clearing the rubble out, as well as going through the ruins of a building next to the Temple of Pan that had been gutted by fire. Recently, seeing how it had been quite untouched by flames a few days ago when he left for Pax. Something else was amiss in the city, though what was not readily apparent. The city did not look whole for some reason, as if a part of it was missing along with the people in the streets.

As he climbed higher into the Patrician's Ring the feeling of loss intensified, but again he could not quite place his finger on it. The guards delayed the Professor at the gates for a few burns a servant appearing to lead him through the corridors to the Thaumaturgist's office, knocking. Simon himself opened the door a mere flicker after the knock, frowning at the servant, but quickly smiling as he saw Elvin. "Professor Motrice, good of you to be here. You have missed quite a bit in the past couple of days. Come in. I was just making some tea.' He waited for Elvin to enter, motioning towards a large, high-backed chair and moving to the other chamber. The room was spartan, having only a pair of comfortable chairs and a low table in a way of furniture, the table partially obscuring the dark stain upon the white marble floor. Its edges were smudged, as if someone tried to wash it off and failed.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The burnt down building, the broken stalls, the feeling of loss, they all contributed to the feeling that something was very wrong. His resolve to tell the Thaumataurgist everything wavered for a moment as a feeling of impending doom overtook him.

"It's all hopeless... Though we managed to defeat the Changer the volume of the Libre was stolen. I lost another family member before I even got to know her. I didn't manage to find new members for the Shadowstar. Why do I keep fighting?" His own heart answered him: "Because if you don't try, you'll always be a failure. Someone has to take up the challenge. Could you live with the fact that you might have helped and did not?" The Professor had to agree, he wouldn't be able to live with that... "No use in complaining, you can only achieve something when you keep on trying." He straightened and quickened his pace, his resolve restored once more.

When Ginneke opened the door and greeted him the Adhiel nodded and offered a smile of his own: "Lord Ginneke, how could I not have come?" When he entered Ginneke's office he was impressed by the transformation, he had seen part of it when it had been destroyed by some sort of intense fire or magical outburst. "Must have taken a whole lot of work... Nicely done..."

"Yes, it seems so. Though I haven't found the time to look around, after I arrived I rushed here. Perhaps you would be so kind to give me a brief overview?" Elvin sat down in the chair the mage indicated and spread the papers he held out on the table, they were written in the Adhiel tongue in his own handwriting. The notes were a meticulous copy of the pages of the Libre he had been able to read...
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

“Apart from the University of Magick going POOF in the middle of the night?” The sentence was delivered without much excitement, with a single glance towards a window in the next room overlooking the city, giving the Thaumaturgist a wonderful overview of Citadel. Were Elvin to go and look, the spot where the University rested was nothing but an empty plain, crisscrossed by tunnels that made up the basements and cellars of the institution. A single tower was all that remained of the twenty three spires that once stood outside of the city, but from this far away there was no way Elvin to see if there were people still moving around the tower, or if it was deserted.

Simon poured them both a cup of tea, placing the kettle and a sugar pot on the table and sat down, piling an impressive amount of sugar in his tea and clinking against the porcelain cup stirring it. “There was some trouble earlier today in the city. Secretary Silk and Lady Manyana got at each other’s throats. Literally. Reports are sketchy, but it seems at least one of them is dead. Maybe even both. And if not one will be dead by the end of the day. I have sent a few friends to investigate. Should know more by the end of the day.” He sipped a bit of tea, holding his little finger extended as was proper. “And there was a fire last night. Seems someone did not approve of the Red Rose Guild being reopened. Probably Silk as he was responsible for it being closed the first time.” He glanced at the papers before Elvin, but did no more, letting the Professor initiate the conversation.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"WHAT?" Elvin was almost standing before he restrained himself and returned to a sitting position, "The University disappeared? What happened? Do you know where or when it is? What about my students?"

The Thaumataurgist casually told the rest of the news as if it was nothing more then a stroll in the park. Although the disappearance of the University still troubled the Professor deeply he couldn't resist to remark: "Manyana and Silk... It was bound to happen. I met them both. However I thought the lady too wise to confront the Secretary head on," he sighed heavily, listened quietly to the report of the fire with just a shake of his head and took a sip from the tea, "It seems that once more I missed out on a lot of things."

"If you know something more about the University, please tell me," he stated calmly, "Although I have with me everything I have been able to copy from the volume of the Libre and don't need my original notes, the fate of my students is something that concerns me..."

OOC: Real life is keeping me pretty occupied, sorry for the late reply!
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

There was a very good reason for Simon's calmness and he did not show much in the way of being upset even under barrage of Elvin's question, calmly sipping his tea and humming. "The University is still on the face of Tazlure. And pretty much intact, though they erected protective barriers before I could pinpoint its exact location. It is somewhere to the east of here, but I will need a better focus if I am to penetrate the shields they put in place. Next morning at the latest I will know where it is and will attempt a contact." Having done all he could at this time, he really did not see the need to be upset and waste time and effort on frantic searches when solution would be within his grasp soon enough.

"We could try to scry for your students sooner, but I would need a good focus if I am to do that. And if I try that, I fear we shall have to postpone our search for the Libre. It is ultimately up to you, but I warn you that each day that passes purifies you more and more of the Netheric taint. Even now I could not guarantee a success." The Thaumaturgist shrugged and sighed softly. "Your call, Master Motrice."
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin listened to Simon with a calm that was uncharacteristic for him considering the situation. His mind could not accept the fact that the University had just disappeared. The Professor knew the applications of magic and the sheer amount of energy necessary for such a task was beyond his understanding. It should be impossible...

As soon as that thought popped into the Adhiel's head, he shook his head. Wasn't he the one who always told his students that everything was possible with magic? Perhaps his own aptitude with magic had redefined his way of thinking about magic in such a way that prohibited any more progression in his art.

The silver-haired sorcerer's chaotic thought process halted when Simon mentioned a focus his gaze shifted to the silver ring on his left index finger. "If it is a focus you require, I have a ring which connects me to one of my students and a Mentor at the University," Elvin replied.

The Adhiel sighed and had to agree with Simon's arguments about the taint of the book. "You are right about the book however. It comes first. Tell me what to do..."
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a simple matter or priorities and right now Simon Ginneke had other worries, and truth be told the University’s absence from the Citadel might even turn out to be good, as he would not have to worry about its professors and mages meddling in his affairs and poking their long noses where they did not belong. “The ring will help. We’ll try to establish contact later, depending on how much drain looking for the Libre will be.” The tall, thin man drained the tea in his cup and lowered the porcelain upon the table with a faint clink, rising silently.

He went to the other room, shuffling through some papers and metallic objects by the sound of it, his voice muffled slightly but still clearly audible. “You need to trust me and to be ready for what could be a very painful experience. I seriously doubt you will be unable to stand it, but if it proves to be too much, I will stop.” He paused and peeked through the door to smile reassuringly. “We shall use the taint the book left on you to try and track it down. In other words you will be the focus of the spell and I will try to locate the tome through your link with it.”

He came back with a bundle of scrolls and pushing a large silver mirror before him, depositing the items on the table, and the mirror before Elvin as he moved to lock the door to the laboratory. “So we are not disturbed. Now, do you have any questions before we begin?”
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Apologies for the long wait, finals are consuming most of my time, my posting will be erratic for at least a month.

IC:
Elvin shuddered involuntarily when Simon mentioned that the experience might be painful. He thought back to the last time his will had tangled with the malicious will of the Libre, it had taken him all his training to withstand the constant barrage of mental insinuations without losing his sanity.

He took a steadying breath and replied, a slight tremor present in his voice: "I have been trained to deal with pain and my previous encounter with the Libre was painful enough. Give me a burn to prepare myself. And maybe, during that time, you can answer two questions. What's the chance that the Libre will consume me and take me over? And second, would any castings from my side disturb your weave? I'm used to constructing shields to keep out mental insinuations but if that would break the focus of your magic I'll have to consciously suppress that reflex."

While waiting for Simon's answers the sorcerer began his own preparations. After a few deep breaths he sank into a meditative trance, waiting for Simon's answers before fully submerging himself in the world he had built in his subconsciousness.

[After Simon's answers]
Elvin spiraled down, each breath drawing him deeper into his own self. Slowly but surely his dreamworld appeared around him. Green grass flowing into the distance, a unicorn, a large rock, a single tree, those were the first three things that materialized. The Adhiel liked symmetry, for these were the first three things he had materialized in the Ghaeran College. More trees, a small stream and a flat rock appeared later on. All objects he had created when his mastery of magic and meditation grew.

He nodded to the unicorn, an extension of his subconsciousness, and sat down against the rock. Most mages considered mastery of magic to be the only trademark of a mage. The silver-haired sorcerer had learned long ago that the ability to use magic, a clear and focussed mind under all circumstances, was equally important.

He pictured a flame above the flat bed of rock, feeding all his feelings to it, a visualization technique he had learned to achieve a state of intense concentration and inner calm and waited...
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Elvin’s questions were tricky at best, but Simon had prepared for the task ahead and anticipated what the other man’s worries might be, and thus an answer was delivered momentarily. “There is always risk with this kind of weaves, but I do not think you need to worry about being overtaken by the Netheric taint of the Libre. It might change you a bit, but the book is not that powerful and its lingering presence would not be enough to turn you into a monster.” The second question was a bit more difficult to answer, not because Simon did not know the answer, but because he knew what the likely reaction to it would be. “I fear you shall have to trust me in this, and open you mind fully. I shall protect you from the influence of the taint, but it is necessary for it to touch you in order for the spell to work.” He paused before adding. “You will likely see clues to where the book is in your mind. Try to remember as many details as possible as we will need to use those to pinpoint the book’s location.”

Imperial Thaumaturgist fell silent as b]Elvin[/b] fell into deep concentration, observing the other man as he gathered the ingredients needed for the weave. Only once he was certain that Elvin had reached hi focal point, did Simon start chanting, moving around the chair upon which the adhiel mage sat, sprinkling fine silver dust around it. Burns passed as he used the dust to draw rune after rune along the edge of the circle, touching the lines here and there with a fine brush, making the circle and letter inside it perfect. At last the circle was complete and runes lit up, the wards activated and ready to keep them both safe from possibly disastrous distractions. Then he sat and began the true scrying spell, the power and danger of the object they sought necessitating such preparations.

The serene meadow upon which Elvin sat in his dreamscape remained calm and silent, the only non-rhythmic noise the thudding of unicorn’s hooves upon the grass as it moved around it, bending down here and there to pluck a bit of grass and chew it thoughtfully. Then came the more profound silence as time in the grove seemed to stop, unicorn caught in mid stride, even the stream to Elvin’s side completely still. Then its surface rippled and grew smoother, each new ripple making it closer to what would one expect from the surface of a pond. Something flickered in the stream’s depths, but from the angle at which he sat the mage could not see what it was.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin had anticipated the answer to both questions. Although he did not like to let Ginneke into his mind the loss of the book was his responsibility and so was it's retrieval. It was a somewhat fitting punishment that his privacy would be invaded in such a way.

The silver-haired mage waited in his meadow, prepared for anything. When the stream started to ripple the Professor nodded: "I should have known that my subconscious would try to fit it in somehow."

He knew that whatever happened here could damage and kill him so he stood up, carefully approaching the stream to look in its depths.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The stream was just a window into some other place, the flicker under its now smooth surface proving to be flames, or rather a bonfire. Each step made the image clearer, blurred shapes obscuring the flames now and then proving to be humanoid figures, caught in a wild dance about the raging flames. Nude men and women careened around the fire, their bodies glistened with sweat, a swift rhythm of drums registering on adhiel’s ears, growing stronger with each step. Then suddenly a female figure stopped, coming closer, moving towards Elvin and the barrier the water’s surface represented between her world and Professor’s. She was young, black-haired, her exact features shaded, flames framing her head like a fiery halo. Reaching for him, her hand broke the water’s surface, emerging from the stream, long, supple fingers, beckoning his closer. Her body obscured the scene behind her, and she was breathing rapidly a pair of shapely breasts rising and falling in swift rhythm.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The image filled the Adhiel with revulsion. Whatever they were doing seemed like a total surrender of the will. He knew that often Pan's followers indulged in rituals like this and understood their reasons for doing so, although he could not agree with them.

The scene unfolding in the water was something that Elvin feared to be a dark ritual. After all, this was a search for the Libre, and dark, obscene rituals seemed a more likely explanation then sexual indulgences.

When he saw the female figure moving closer, he took a step backwards, cautiously following her approach. Whatever happened here, was as real as the waking world and mental damage could be even more dangerous than physical damage. As her hand broke the surface of the stream the silver-haired mage hissed. Now this is different from your normal scryings..."

Elvin couldn't help but notice the woman's shapely figure. Although some thought of him as a dry, boring scholar, the Professor was still a man and, as such, could appreciate female beauty. The difference between him and most normal men was that his mind did not shut off the moment he saw a pretty woman.

He wondered if he should accept the invitation, thinking about the possible dangers and sighed when he came to the conclusion that to figure out more about what was happening he would have to step into that other world. With another sigh, he clasped the woman's hand and stepped into the stream. "Please, let me get through this with my sanity intact..."
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Supple, feminine fingers closed about Elvin’s hand and with a peal of laughter she tugged him through the stream and onto the other side. Despite going through a stream he was not wet, and before he could recover his senses the woman pressed close about him and pressed a long, exploring kiss to Professor’s lips, her fingers caressing his back, tangling into his hair. She pulled back only so, licking at his lips, as her fingers traced his ear. “Mmmmmmm, I simply adore adhiel. So slim and well formed. Come, the others are waiting.” She grasped his hand and led the way towards the fire and then stopped, turning with a wicked smile on her lips. Somehow the faces lacked detail, shadows always falling so as to make it hard for Elvin to catch any distinctive features. The girl simply moved to him and began loosening his robe, aiming to strip him naked, as all the others have been too. As they had moved the edged around the fire and now Elvin could see an altar on the other side of the bonfire, and a stone pedestal next to it held a familiar object. Opened upon it sat the Liber Maleficarius, another female form bent over it, her voice rising and falling in a chant, giving rhythm to the dancers.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin was still pondering the implications of the stream when the woman kissed him. He was too stunned to push her away and didn't know how to react. The Adhiel blushed furiously when the impish woman made her comment.

When she tried to strip him naked, he grasped her hands, and issued a single word, his eyes cold: "No." The sorcerer wasn't as distracted by the others' nakedness as he normally would be, he let the feelings fall away into the peaceful calm he maintained in his mind and the severe mental training did the rest. If the woman wouldn't listen it was easy enough to push one of the pressure points in her arm. If she wouldn't relent, he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

A sharp intake of breath was the only reaction to the presence of the Libre, he had expected it to be here. He did not expect to find it in the middle of a ritual however.

He looked at the surrounding terrain, tried to get a good look at some of the dancers as he walked closer and closer to the Libre.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was then that Elvin noticed something odd, as his body refused to obey, the word No never leaving his lips. The hand that lifted to help the girl undress the mage showed another thing as the skin was simply too pale and far too young to be Elvin’s. His feet were too small, and he was a good six or seven inches too short from what he recalled of himself. The words formed on his lips of its own and the voice that came was too high-pitched to be Elvin’s. “I never thought it would be like this. Thank you for inviting me here, Ca…..” The woman pressed a finger to Elvin’s lips and shook her head showing him to be silent and led him towards the altar and the pedestal with the Liber upon it. The woman behind the book raised her eyes and her chant rose in pitch and rhythm, becoming fevered as she repeated one word over and over again amidst a stream of many others of unknown language. Thoth’azim was the word she chanted and as she did so her eyes turned on Elvin, her lips curling into a seductive smile. She motioned towards the altar upon which a scarlet cushion was spread and the nude girl led the naked Professor towards it.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

When his body didn't obey his orders Elvin panicked for a moment, fearing that some dark magic had suppressed his will, but when his body spoke with a different voice the Professor realized that he was observing this ritual through the eyes of someone else.

He felt repulsed by the sheer stupidity of this boy to come out to such a happening. Even more so, he felt repulsed by the entire atmosphere. The sorcerer firmly suppressed his feelings, observing quietly. When he saw the cushion on the altar dark suspicions were beginning to grow. He knew of many rituals in the dark arts that utilized emotions to bring about a desired effect. "First have sex with him and utilize his passion, stab him through the heart when he's at his climax and use that fear, pain, betrayal mingled with passion," Elvin thought and a small pang of fear found it's way through his mental barriers. He felt what this boy felt, what would happen when this unknown Adhiel would die? Would his willpower be enough to keep him mentally sane through such an ordeal? The Professor cleared his mind again and waited, both hoping that what he suspected wouldn't happen, and fearing that it would.

"Can I warn this ignorant boy should things start to go wrong?" he wondered, faced with three problems. First, his presence should not be betrayed, second could he reach the boy and third was he willing to risk the knowledge of where the Libre was for the sake of a foolish idiot who had gotten himself into this? It was a hard choice and a choice Elvin hoped he didn't have to make.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The girl who guided the boy to the altar, placed her hands against his chest, pushing him back, her fingernails gently sinking into his skin, prickling with light pain. Awkwardly he climbed on top of the cushion and kept backing off as a woman climbed after him, a feral smile on her lips. She teased him with fleeting kisses, escaping his attempts to deepen them, toying with him, as he started getting breathless. From the edge of his sight which was focused on the girl almost completely, Elvin could see that the others have joined into a circle around the altar, their voices chanting along with the woman before the Liber.

The boy shivered as cold wind suddenly blew over his sweat glistened skin, the girl looking him directly into the eyes, her amber irises glinting in moonlight. Her head dropped down towards his groin and heat rushed through his body as her moans reached his ears even through the chanting. The boy writhed and tried to shift, but the amber eyed vixen kept him pinned, doubling her efforts, his body tensing and arching up. Moonlight was just peeking over the edge of a ragged cliff behind him, the cleft in the rock reminiscent of a sickle. It was as if it had been a single rock that had been pulled apart by some force of nature and broke in a semi-circular pattern.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin watched, his anxiety grew as the boy climbed on the altar. "Fool! Don't..." But the Professor knew the emotions that rushed through the boy's body. Even grown men had problems using their brain with those kind of feelings. The Professor tried to disconnect himself from the young man's feelings by mental imagining techniques he had learned. "A white background, a single black dot. Let all feelings fell into darkness."

When his thoughts were somewhat more ordered he noticed the strange natural formation. He imprinted in his mind, it would be a good focus for a scrying weave. Since he was merely watching from the boys eyes Elvin waited and watched, continuously pushing back against the young man's feelings.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Despite the boy not listening to Elvin’s pleas, he did shift each time the mage sent his thoughts and tried to influence the actions, even though the voice was barely a whisper as opposed to the thundering of blood in his ears. Despite pulling away from his emotions, the professor could still feel the rising pleasure in boys body as it swiftly soared towards crescendo, and then the girl pilled away mere flickers before he could climax, wiping her lips and crawling away. Her eyes glinted like those of a giant cat that has sighted a poor defenseless mouse, and the boy reached for her, missing her barely, her lithe body slipping out of his grasp. “Now, wait, don’t…..”

Then another figure slipped into his vision and the woman who had so wickedly teased him stepped back and took her place in the circle. The very woman who stood behind the book stood before the boy, her blond curls spreading over her naked shoulder in a cascade of glinting gold. She had some sort of tiara in her hair, two spikes shining in flickering light of the fire, but the boy’s eyes traveled down quickly, his breath coming out in pants as he stared at the perfect body before him. The woman was built like a goddess her tanned skin smooth and unblemished, every muscle showing as she climbed on the altar and straddled the boys hips, pushing him back down. A flicker later she started moving and with each move picked up the pace.

It was over too swiftly, the boy clearly inexperienced and already brought to the edge flickers before. The wild and mad sex seemed more like a rape than anything and half a burn later the boy’s body started to twitch as he was shook by orgasm, his scream rising into the sky. Then, just as the pleasure started to subside, and his scream died out, the pain gripped his body, his member the source of it. It felt as if it had been gripped by an iron hand and tugged towards the woman and a new scream rippled in boy’s chest, his entire body burning, his eyes widening as he watched his own hand shrivel as if all the liquid had been sucked from it. Then pleasure rushed in once more and he smiled, thankful the pain was over, muscles relaxing as he fell back down, his life-force draining away while he enjoyed it.

OOC: Feel free to wake up any time you wish and you will see a very curious Simon Ginneke over yourself
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin watched with mounting terror as one woman was replaced by the next. It was difficult to focus his thoughts as the young man's feelings crashed against his consciousness. Somewhere inside his mind a flickering flame of anger started to build. "How dare you... I will find you... I will destroy you!" He looked through the young Adhiel's eyes and studied every detail of the woman that suddenly slipped away and was replaced by another.

The Professor felt sick when the life-force seeped away out of the young man while he enjoyed it. He locked tried to seperate his mind as much as possible from the dying boy. Suddenly darkness enveloped him as he was separated from the young Adhiel.

Slowly Elvin opened his eyes and drew a deep, shuddering breath. Someone was standing over him... "Who?" It took him a few moments to recognize Simon Ginneke. "Simon..." the Professor muttered, he forgot to adress the Thaumataurgist with his proper title so shaken up was he. He looked the other mage in the eyes: "What did you see?"
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

As with the other woman, details were hard to catch, though if he ever saw the woman naked Elvin would definitely know the one who drained the boy’s soul out of his body. She was almost unnaturally beautiful, even though he face was blurred and hard to focus upon. Almond shaped eyes that reflected the flames fully, full, pouty lips, and pronounced cheek-bones that hinted of exotic were there, but each time he tried to focus on it, the overall image escaped the Professor.

Before he replied, Simon all but shoved a cup of tea into Elvin’s face forcing him to take and swallow a gulp of the bitter, syrupy substance within. It’s effects were almost instantaneous, Elvin able to feel his muscles relaxing, strength returning to his limbs. “Drink it all, it’ll help.” He sat back into the chair opposite Elvin and relaxed. “I did not see much. Just a glimpse of a meadow with a stream and then I was pushed out by something stronger than me. But, you seem like you got your share of excitement.” He glanced down towards Elvin’s lap and chuckled, pretending he was impressed by the bulge there. “So, you have to relate it to me, so we can see how to interpret the vision.”
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Elvin forced the tea down his throat, he had a dislike for syrupy teas, yet he heeded the advice of the Thaumataurgist. As Simon looked down, the Professor followed his stare and realized that his own body had reacted to the... trials of the boy. A blush coloured the Adhiel's cheeks. In the body of the boy he could ignore his uneasiness with more private matters for it wasn't his body. Even now he might be able to push away those feelings with a few simple exercises but it wasn't healthy to push away your feelings all of the time. Besides the silver-haired magus was too shocked by what he had seen in the vision to really care.

"Errm... Yes... well," he coughed and shifted uncomfortably. The sorcerer put his cup down and folded his hands in his lap, concealing the bulge in his pants. He sat still for a few flickers, collecting his thoughts. "My meditation began as all others, in the meadow I have envisioned the very first time I undertook these lessons in the Ghaeran College. There was something in the stream, another landscape. And I was pulled through and watched the goings-on from the point of view of a young Adhiel male who just arrived."

He pondered for a moment on how to best describe what had awaited him on the other side of the stream and it struck him that it might be better to show it. "Wait, I am going to try something..." Elvin closed his eyes and tried to recall the surroundings and the positions of those participating in the ritual and began shaping the aether with his hands and will, trying to create a small replica of what he had seen between Simon and him.

"The Libre was there. A woman was reading from it while the others danced. Eventually they put the Adhiel boy on the altar and started giving him some... ah... excitement, if you catch my drift? That part ended in the woman who read the Libre in having sex with the boy, sucking his life energy, his soul right out of him. His entire body shriveled as the vitality was sucked out of it. It was..." the Adhiel stopped, at a loss for words, the Human tongue was not his own and those words that expressed very complex feelings were difficult for him.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Curiously enough while Elvin’s spell worked, the images he tried to conjure simply refused to appear before the pair, thick fog laying over the scene, as if something or someone was meddling with the spell, trying to hide the scene from prying eyes. Professor’s mind had no such problems and thus he was able to remember the vision in detail, even though the faces of participants were vague and blurry at best. Powerful magick was at work there, magick designed to protect the coven from scrying, though the joint might of Professor and Thaumaturgist was able to penetrate it to an extent. Even with their combined might details still were hidden, the source of such protection unknown still.

Simon was much more interested in the vision than the bulge in Elvin’s pants, the comment meant only to make the Professor relax and open up to the Imperial Thaumaturgist. Simon was most interested in any details Elvin might recall of the actual ritual, as well as if he remembered reading anything of it in the Liber while it was in Professor’s hands. The site of the ritual was also of importance to the Imperial Thaumaturgist, the thin mage quizzing the adhiel mage incessantly, plucking every last bit of information he could about the vision. Only once they were interrupted by Morgan did the questioning stop, though Simon looked like he would seek out Elvin again and question him further.

OOC: I think it is time we wrap this up. Please summarize your report and then we can move to new season. If you have any questions, PM me and I will happily answer.

Return to “Patrician & Citadel Ring”