Ssin Takes a Holiday (Gul Embassy: JY 30 MT)

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

When S'sinith gave the mental tug at the strand of energy, it didn't immediately have an effect. It seemed like it was waiting, pondering on it's next move. But then, slowly, the ambassador could feel that the spirit was moving towards them, towards the ward.

When the strand got closer, S'sinith could see a bright round, pulsating light at the end of the strand. It floated towards them until it was just outside of the ward. Who are you? It asked. it was a question that only the ambassador heard in his head. Ealiu was still sitting there, thinking about her father, not having any notion if it was working yes or no.

So far, there didn't seem to be any problems indeed. It was almost exactly as the book had said. According to the book, S'sinith could now force the spirit into the ward, or it could wait for the spirit to do that voluntarily.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith wasn't one who forced anyone into doing anything, particularly a worshiper of Molten. He would continue his mental conversation before pulling further.

"My name is S'sinith D'Illil-Devir. I am Ambassador of Gulanadur, and a follower of Molten who excelled at wizardry."

S'sinith paused, wondering if he even got the right spirit. He spoke to Ealiu, keeping his concentration through breathing.

"I have a connection, but please tell me your father's name. I am not sure if this is the right person..."
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

For some reason Ealiu felt that it wasn't really appropriate to talk out loud, so she whispered he father's name, keeping her eyes closed as she continued to focus on the memories of him. "His name is Ishnuir." A smile appeared on her face as thoughts of her father engulfed her mind.

The spirit, already present in the room, but not yet in the ward, was able to hear S'sinith's question and was also able to hear Ealiu's voice, even though she could not hear him yet. Ealiu?....is that you? The girl couldn't hear the spirit yet, so there was no answers. S'sinith could see the pulsating light now move into the ward. The sorcerer could see the energy if the spirit pour into the ward and all around, the edges were lighting up. Suddenly the white bluish shape of an older dark adhiel man appeared in front of S'sinith. "Good day, Ambassador. I am Ishnuir D'Urnaer of Gulanadur. You have called on me?"

As soon as the spirit, or rather ghost, now, started talking, Ealiu opened her eyes and saw the back of the man standing in the ward. "Father?" She said with a low voice. "Is that you?" Ishnuir turned around with a broad smile, now knowing that his daughter could see him too. "Ealiu!" He said, looking at her closely. "By Molten, you look stunning. So much like your mother as well. He looked back and forth from Ealiu to S'sinith. Ambassador...is there a reason why you have called me here?"
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

He had done it! He had absolutely done it! He smiled sheepishly and tilted his head to the side for a moment. He had intended contact, but he had actually summoned a ghost.

"A pleasure to meet you, good sir! This was the first time I had ever attempted such a spell. We are having some troubles with some magical beings in Gulanadur and summoning a spirit correctly could lead me to future ways of finding out a spell to send them back to where they came. That and Ealiu had missed her father, so I decided to let you two visit."

He hadn't actually tried to attempt to fully summon the ghost, but here he was! That was a lot easier than he had imagined. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Part of him wondered if he had to do anything to send him back, but he would let the two have their conversation.

"What some races consider a 'generation' compared to the Adhiel, I wasn't sure how much it would take to summon someone, but here you are! Your dear Ealiu is one of my servants here in Citadel. She's one of my hardest workers."

He was not sure when the man passed on, so he decided to give a brief update. He quietly calculated how much energy it took to bring the spirit. Since the soul was so eager, what turned to mere communication brought the ghost here easily. If these Cryers were Aetheric beings, if they had something to draw them to an anti-summoning, they could be kicked back.

"Even in a few yahren, much as changed. Our people are working more on the surface now. I am not certain if news of the Tether reaches the spirit world, but even so, I am glad you two could meet one more time."
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Ealiu was glowing with joy, unable to speak, just looking at the spirit of her father and looking at S'sinith. He could see the admiration and thankfulness in her eyes. The spirit too, looked at his daughter and smiled. He seemed to be glad to be given this chance, to speak to her. And yet he didn't say anything else to her. Instead he suddenly turned around and S'sinith could see the sudden serious look on his face.

"You shouldn't have done this. You have no idea what you have done. I...I can't be here..I shouldn't be here." Ealiu was shocked, now leaning backwards, trying to find support with her arms so that she wouldn't fall over. "Father? What is wrong??" The spirit kept looking at S'Sinith. "Send me back. You have to send me back! You don't understand! Please, I employ you!" The bluish white taint on the spirit's energy was now darkening from bottom to top, slow at first, but he could see it happening quicker and quicker.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith nodded grimly and performed the way to send him back as was per the ritual. He kept his cool, wondering what could have possibly been missing from the texts on this one. It was a translation... could something had been missing from it. His blood ran cold as he quickly went to work.

"Forgive me, Molten. Forgive me sir. Ealiu, start praying, now!"

As performing the ritual, he also began praying to Molten. Divine intervention was one of the only ways to send a ghost back to the realm of the dead, thusly, he implored for the divine intervention he would need to do so.

"Molten, I send this noble soul back to your embrace. I had your blessing over this matter and was unaware the consequences by the spirit realm. I will not venture this matter any longer. Send Ishnuir D'Urnaer back to his place of peace and rest and away from the Tether and what may be happening to him."

He slapped his hands together as he sighed, a tear falling down his cheek for his stupidity.

"Forgive me, good sir. Why is it that my good intentions always pave my road to the Nether? ... "

He finished the incantation, hoping Molten would hear his prayer, because now he was truly unsure what was going on. If he felt the blessing of Molten when he started this, what lesson was he about to learn the hard way? Part of him should had known better than to meddle with such things... his heart was really breaking, feeling helpless, yet performing the letting go with all he could muster in his energy.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

The spreading tarnish paused. Ishnuir glowed red at the edges and the blackness faded away much like ink being sucked out into a great body of water. Then the spirit was fading with a final imploring look upon his face. Ealiu and Ishnuir were staring at each other as he reached out an arm and the ghost's lips moved, but the sound was so muted as to be indiscernible. What appeared to be the freshly cut stump of his wrist, however, was clearly visible for a second.

Then Ishnuir was gone. He left behind a word in a distant voice and a bright orange outline.

Sioriugani...

And the room was open to the normal, everyday sounds again. This included the rustle of Ealiu's garments as she rocked back and forth, still praying. Her eyes were most and the chin trembled just a tiny amount; the girl was not openly crying but was obviously distraught. She finished the prayer by saying, in a tiny voice,

"Father..."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Spirits could be hurt?!

S'sinith collapsed to his knees, trembling in his own right. He never even thought that ghosts could be injured. He wanted to die at that very moment, seeing the stump of the spirits wrist.

"Was... was there something missing in the translation? What darkness was that? It... it was from an account of someone who witnessed the ritual to the last detail, but... what more was I missing? Oh Molten, Ealiu... Ishnuir... please forgive me. I just wanted to know if there was a better way to save Gulanadur and give a good person a chance to see her father..."

His hands trembled and he crawled over to Ealiu. He was starting to absorb the shock of what he had done. He wanted to go over to her and console her, but he stopped short as he reached his hand. He was unable to even forgive himself at the moment and just curled his knees to his chest and wept bitterly.

He failed... miserably.

"Molten... if there is anyway I can send some energy to him to heal him, please... take it. I... I need to make this right! I need... I need to..."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ealiu was making no move but that of her mouth soundlessly forming one word. Her eyes, too, were moist and threatened to send a tear or two to run down her cheek.
The stick rolled along the floor to Ssinith's knees. Its end was still alight and now it flared angrily; the heart of the slim piece of wood quickly turned to glowing ember, a fraction of a flicker afore the outside followed suit and burst into flame. The whole thing took but another few flickers to degenerate into pale white ash, which settled into a flat smear upon the stone.
Embers were forming once again. In various spots amidst the ash a point would glow and spread in thin lines, forming letters, then words, and in a short time, a couple of Adhiel sentences. It read thus:
    By your own hand, you have done no harm. By his hand, and not by his hand, he is trapped outside my hall. His seat awaits him, empty and unused. Find for him that which is missing,
    commend it to the flame, and open for him the Gates.

"What was that? What happened to him?" Ealiu was staring at the pile of ash as the words sputtered and died, then at Ssinith. "Why did he mention... them?" the pretty young woman's features grimaced in disgust at the reference to 'them'. "There is something not well with my father, isn't there?"
Last edited by Craghley on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinth fell back from the explosion, but absorbed the sentences which were written on the ground, reading them twice for good measure before rising back to his knees and bowing before the message and nodding.

"Yes, Molten."

He sighed, trying to collect his thoughts and breathed deeply to get himself in good working thought.

"Alright... part of me wondered why the first part of the communication turned so swiftly into a summon. Apparently an outside force got in the way... according to that message, though, his soul must have had connection to it when the summoning happened. That's the only thing I can think of."

Pulling himself together, he wandered over to Ealiu and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out. We can bring him to rest."

He sat down next to Ealiu, being there in the case she needed to break down. She was a lot stronger than he had thought, holding back tears that even he couldn't hold back... and it was her own father! He gave her a few moments to collect herself and silently offered a shoulder if she needed it.

"I know this is likely a hard subject, but could you tell me more about 'them'? What is this 'Eternal Darkness'?"

It was then something dawned on S'sinith... something wasn't right about this at all. His last name was D'Urnaer, her last name was Sanaidhuni. She dyed her hair and her eyes were... different. He didn't think it serious, but there were some deep secrets involved with her.

Considering his station, how did she become his servant? Surely whomever they would choose for him had good repute and background. Not that she was bad, but merely the fact that they chose her to serve him at her young age likely meant that she had good connections.

Aside from a slight raise in his ears at this realization, he tried to keep his poker face on about this situation.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"It's a family name... the Everdarks. They hated my father." Ealiu's summer sky eyes met his. No, more like glittering frost. "They hated my entire family... no doubt they still do. There's nothing difficult in talking about them, since it was my father who drove their - their bloody wretched little faces into the dirt!"

Ealiu's gaze suddenly widened - she realised something of what Ssinith had said.

"Put him at rest? What's happened to him? I saw them commit him to the volcano myself - that was the last day I spent in Gulanadur. Ssinith... Ambassador... please tell me, what is going on?"

The poor girl was obviously in shock still, but dealing with it quite well. All this was too important for her to go into hysterics now.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

He pondered the family feud and tilted his head slightly. He would have to look into that one. Pausing for a moment, he looked up, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Well, when a soul has an unfulfilled purpose they can turn into a ghost and haunt the Tether. Somehow, though, I do not believe that's what happened. It was as if an outside force started corrupting him. If it is and isn't his fault, it likely has something to do with the revenge of the family he ruined. Whether it's at a spiritual level or someone casting spells against him... that's the question."

S'sinith crossed his arms and bowed his head in thought, wiping one of the stray tears from his eyes in frustration.

"He could have taken that burden with him even after being cast into the inferno. He was safe there, likely, but perhaps it was something that made him start remembering that family and brought a connection to them. If they had someone powerful in magic or even a passing spirit from their family deceased, that connection could be enough to lead them to his soul. It's only theory, however."

He pondered what was read in the book about Amun Rah and their worship of ancestors. S'sinith had an errand to run there anyway as he was going to offer Isis aid.

"Hmmmm... the ritual originates from Amun Rah. They would have more information about the spirit world than I would. I have a political errand to run at their Embassy anyway. Here, help me collect this ash. I may be able to use it in Alchemy to aid the situation later. In the meantime, tell me more about this feud."

He looked for one of his beakers to put the ash into as well as a broom to collect the rest of it. It was touched by Molten as well as used in a ritual. It may have some good properties for later.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ealiu tottered to her feet and immediately went to fetch a small hair broom and a granite crucible. Her eyes had a far away look, with her mind was elsewhere trying to tackle a problem which had fallen on her with the weight, and surprise, of a mountain. It would have been unsurprising if she had come back holding a sieve to hold the ash and a small duck to sweep it up with.

When she did come back it was with the intended items. She immediately went to the patch of ash and began sweeping it all onto a large, thin piece of cloth which was then emptied into the container. As she did this she spoke some more.

"My family, D'Urnaer, are mostly stonemasons. Except for myself, our family home is still in Gulanadur. Some years back it was also home to the Sioriugani - fellow stonemasons..."

The tale unfolded. The D'Urnaer was small-time craftsmen and purveyors of stoneware in Gulanadur, while the Sioriugani catered not just to the middle class but some of the lesser aristocracy. Then Ishnuir was born.
He was, by far, the most cunning businessman that family D'Urnaer had seen for many generations. Almost single-handedly (and with the aid of another shrewd businesswoman, his wife) he turned their fortunes around. Of course this meant that they were starting to enroach on the Sioriugani's trade. This they beared for a few years until the threat of the D'Urnaer became impossible to ignore. They tried everything - slander, boycotts, and so on. Ishnuir bore it more than well. Sales actually increased when he changed the sign above their shop to read "D'Urnaer Goods - Worst Stoneware in the Tether". Knowledge of the Sioriugani's bitterness was common, so the joke was largely understood.
This is what probably what pushed the Sioriugani over. They ransacked their own shop and blamed Ealiu's family for the damage. She was not there at this time, for she was boarding at an expensive school Ishnuir had been able to pay for her to go to. Apparently he didn't want his children to be trapped in the stonemasonry trade if there was something else they wanted to pursue. Anyway, although such incidents were not unknown in the past, Ishnuir was no fool. The Sioriugani had been careful to make friends in powerful positions over the centuries - this included a number of the judicial staff of Gulanadur. The courts were not a safe place to battle the Sioriugani, so Ishnuir issued a challenge to Tamandale, patriarch of the Sioriugani. It was accepted for Tamandale knew himself to be a skilled swordsman.
He had not reckoned on Ishnuir being a real fighter, though. Tamandale had had extensive training but Ishnuir had risen from the gutters where fights were rough and common. Ishnuir won, fairly, and though it was no offence worth a fight to the death, Tamandale's hand would never be the same again. The Sioriugani were forced to pay reparations of slander, plus endure punishment for wasting court time. They faded away and the D'Urnaer flourished.
That was it - a happy ending (least for her family). Until Chyril, when Ishnuir died after a trying two weeks of sickness. But she had been there to see him committed to the volcano. After that she went to the surface for she had been working as secretary to house Devir and was charged to join the Ambassador - Ssinith - in the Citadel. But Ealiu's mother had known the the Sioriugani had fled to seek fortune once more when Gulanadur opened up, and they too had thought the Citadel would restore their wealth and power.

"So I changed my last name and have been avoiding them ever since coming here," she finished. "To be honest I've not seen another dark adhiel not somehow affiliated with the embassy."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"If they had access to the courts... they likely have access to magic."

Still, if there was fault on Ishnuir's side, there had to be something missing.

"Another possibility is that one of the dead from that family could have been seeking after him and found him while we were doing the ritual. He was safe in Molten's realm, but not even he was banking on interference from there. He might have fled into the Aether once he realized that another force could be harming him... apparently, not back to the seat that he once had."

S'sinith sighed, folding his arms and pondering things.

"As Ambassador of Gulanadur, I must put all of Gulanadur into account. Granted that they broke the laws, but I would have to hear all sides of the story if this is a battle between ghosts. If this is Dark Magic, however, and there is a practitioner involved... Sioriugani is going to be in even deeper trouble than they already are. Considering that we saw the stump of his hand before he departed... my crown is on the latter. Particularly if you think they may be after you. Regardless of the politics between merchant houses, you are now one of my servants. If they have a problem with you, they will take it up with me personally."

S'sinith paused for a moment, realizing something. If it was the latter, then they would have had to known they were performing this ritual. His face grew grim and he looked around the room.

"... and actually... That would make sense that they would want to disrupt the ritual if I am trying to find a way to save Gulanadur. Your family was there when the Cryers attacked, were they not? If the Sioriugani have indeed stayed in Citadel in order to rebuild, they would not want your family to return to their business before they corner the market. My question is... how did they know what we were doing if such is the case?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ssinith wrote:"If they have a problem with you, they will take it up with me personally."

"That's - I appreciate that, ambassador. But, this is a family matter, and you've been - you are so busy, I mean, with your duties... I just don't feel justified to demand your time for this. Perhaps I can do this myself..."

"I find this hard to believe, sorry. The Sioriugani are petty, but dark magics? I just don't know them well enough. My father thought it would be good to keep me away from the whole business. Doing it so as to make money, though - now that I can believe. If they have gained some in their time here, perhaps they've been able to pander to their betters once more."

Ealiu frowned. There was a lot of history to analyse.

"They're opportunists, that much I know. If they could make a profit and hurt my family... they would do as such. Times are hard for the business. For everyone. I think that you are right, sir. If there was ever a time to act..."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I see... I respect that. You have a strong spirit."

S'sinith paused for a moment, trying not to let his 'let's save everyone' mentality get the best of him. It was still something he needed to control.

"I am still unsure of what happened, though. If there was no interference from another mage, then what happened to your father? What spiritual force was he running from?"

He crossed his arms and shook this head.

"This may be a family matter, but to know what truly happened is important from an angle of study as well. If I performed the ritual correctly, then an outside force attacked your father for whatever reason. The Amun Rah embassy should have more information on the spiritual side of things. As for the historical, you will be having a hard time finding that in Citadel without directly snooping them out. Perhaps if we know what happened in the spiritual, it will give you a starting point."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"Your Excellence is helpful beyond thanks. But - thank you, none the less. If you think I should contact the Amun Rah embassy, then that is what I will do. Immediately. I have to know. And if it is your job, then you do as well." But then she blushed. "Sorry, I don't mean I'm forcing this on you - even if I could!" Ealiu gestured frustratedly with her hands, obviously seeking some way to redeem herself, obviously unable to find one. "I - I am grateful, that is all there is to it, that you are taking this so seriously. And that you are here to understand what I wouldn't have a clue about. I'll contact the embassy," she finished hopelessly.

"I shall write a letter and have it delivered - immediately? Shall I send by courier? Um... I'm a little unclear as to what write. Maybe it would be better for me to go over there personally and tell them about what happened. Maybe have notes on the ritual. It may take some working through which, I'm sure, correspondence would only exacerbate."
Last edited by Craghley on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith had that cute yet absolutely cute look on his face with one of his ears slightly drooping as he tried to take in all of her rambling. He slowly folded his arms and smirked slightly while he sighed.

"Ealiu... just come with me. Even though it's my holiday, this disturbance will keep nagging me until its resolved. It's... a science guy... thing."

He had no other better way to describe it to her, he motioned her to follow with the collected ashes. He picked up the books and took them with him as they walked across the hall and downstairs to where his small lab was.

"Besides, you can be my honorary assistant when I show the Amun Rah Embassy how my alchemical formulas work. While we're on the topic of magical aid, I will inquire about the ancestral summoning. If they need answers about your family, you will be there to answer them."

There was only one strict rule in the lab...

Don't touch anything.

It wasn't a wizards tower, but for small scale experiments, it would do nicely in this underground with the indigo lights. One table was for keeping books and notes open, another for the actual experiments. One stone shelf was for finished products, the other was for items to be used for experiments later. He looked for the powdered water and the sandstone agent he had been working on for Amun Rah and found a satchel to place them in as he slung it over his shoulder carefully. He placed the books on the table, save for the Merklar series which he took with him as well as his notes. If one of the servants were playing double agent, he would need to find a safe place for that information.

"I will put these ashes here. Once I know better what is going on, we might use them later. In the meantime... we might want to freshen up. We are on a political errand as well as getting our own answers. If you need something more proper to wear, we can stop somewhere... If nothing else, it might calm you down a bit... besides... I could use a lady's advice for something of my own."

Ah yes... shopping and dressing up her crush... That would surely bring her spirits up a bit and get her mind off of things.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"Oh! Er... I've never really been taught such a thing. What an ambassador should look like." Ealiu gave a small cough. "But I shall do my best," she finished, the modesty of her statement highlighting and underlining that Ssinith could not be in better hands, or at least ones which were as readily available.

Ssinith needn't have worried about the lab; Ealiu was deadly afraid of what all the components of the lab might do. Interfering with important paperwork was bad enough until it came to her desk; her mind assessed the equipment here and suggested it did not have the faculties to imagine what the worst possible outcome of a broken beaker might be.

"I have some suitable clothes in my quarters. Um... you can show me a selection of what you were planning to wear. If it helps. I might be able to pick something good out."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"White light, though, tends to turn a lot of my selection to... well... something rather gaudy. I've been resorting to my black attire, but as I understand, it is poor taste to wear the same thing twice in public eyes. I love the robes made by Madame Audrey, but I have been wearing them too much. I'm certain you've seen most of my selection in my closet since you tend to my room."

He had sold most of his 'gaudy' clothes before the war, but he still had little more than reds and that one disgusting-looking orange tunic. In the underdark sight with the indigo, it wasn't so horrendous with his reds, but in white light, he looked like a high-class circus traveler. Of course, no lady had yet to comment on the fashion disaster to his face.

All others besides his masterpiece wizards robe made by Audrey was really appropriate for true fashion on the surface. Though his outfits were of fine design, he just... didn't wear it. Sure, they looked illustrious under the indigo hues, but in white light, his reds were just boom! The only exception was his black leathers that he wore during the war. Oh, he actually looked dashing in those! The trouble was that it was more traveling attire rather than 'court'.

She would have some work on her hands as they approached his room. He fumbled around in his closet and... of course... the first piece he brought out was the orange tunic.

Now, he had the right idea! He put his leathers around it so it was a muted undertone, but gods, that orange... where in the nether did he get such a piece of clothing let alone what cloth-maker would waste money in attempting to make such a bright insidious color?

He really didn't go for the tight pants and codpiece look, but he had once set anyway and tossed it to the side. He wasn't proud of his legs one bit, considering he was a tall drink of water for his race. He rummaged through his breeches instead. Black and red... yes, that was honestly all he had. His saving grace was that he knew what he looked good in, and stuck with it well. Minus the orange, of course. There was sometimes something with black and gold, but the man had no clue how to work his eyes with anything other than black. Those chilling pale blue eyes with speckles of lavender were screaming for something different.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"Ye-es," Ealiu said, and then, "No. That doublet, perhaps. The leather looks good. Has a more 'practical' look to it... but, I'd leave the tunic. And the tights. Unless you had something else to go with them, like, hmm. Slim boots - and a plain shirt. The doublet would go quite nicely over that. If all you have are those reds and... that... orange, perhaps black and gold would be the best bet for a surface trip..."

But Ealiu said this with something else obviously on her mind. She eyed Ssinith up and down, scrutinous of his measurements, while walking slowly in a circle around him.

"Sir... tell me... how much do surfacers know about Gulanadur fashion?"
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

The comment put on a light bulb in S'sinith's head. Through all of the crisis back home, he had almost forgotten the entire concept of starting the Gulanadur fashion revolution! He was clueless about being 'eyed' for those purposes. The war and walking around on the surface had cut back his stomach lump considerably. Though he wasn't well built, he was a fair lean... and though he wasn't the best endowed in that area, it was still proportional to his height.

"Even the Lady Vlast bemoans the surface style. I do love the robe as it works well for me, but... well..."

He brought out the magnificent robes made by Audrey. It was exquisite considering that she was only given measurements and a description of his looks.

"It is still a surface style made to look more exotic. I had spoken to her about bringing more fashion sense into the surface, but with the calamity back home, it was placed on the shelf. I wear it with the golden armor pieces normally, but it also works well with big sleeved shirts."

He pondered for a moment and sighed, sitting down on his bed to think. Of course, being oblivious to Ealiu's intentions, he had no idea that his obscenely long hair that went past his shoulders would do extreme justice to his square jaw.

"You know, if we do go to an Embassy on a trip to represent Gulanadur, even if we have other reasons to go besides politics, we need to represent appropriately. Perhaps a trip to Madame Audrey's is in order to make a trade."

He looked at his clothes, most of which were in good condition as he rested his elbows on his knees in thought. His mind couldn't be further away from anything along those lines. After a moment of pondering, he looked around at his wardrobe and the doublet she suggested. He honestly was trying to figure out the puzzle of fashion, but was far from an aesthetic creature. He was a man of logic, and the best understanding he had of fashion was the effect light and color with one another... pure opposites on the color wheel looked horrid. Light was a reflector and black was an absorber.

If only he realized how adorable he was in his helplessness, the dark red shirt and black pants with boots he was currently wearing did very well with his long hair as he plopped down to the floor to examine his selections.

"Perhaps lend her a few pieces I no longer need, and perhaps one that Lady Vlast is weary of and show her the light difference by bringing some indigo with us and showing her the light problem. I am not sure whether if it would be the kind of cloth or the dyes involved. If she can make a masterpiece which makes me look like a prince just by description and measurement, I would like to see how far she could fly with this. Though the Lady Vlast may be more comfortable in her chambers here, I would imagine she must be dying for something new."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

OOC: sorry for the late replies. Best excuse I have is work picking up

"That seems... good," Ealiu conceded. She had stopped moving and her gaze was a little unfocused. "I've never gone to Audrey's for clothes, though, so I don't know anything but her reputation. And what I've seen on other people," she finished, eyeing up Ssinith's wardrobe.

"I guess you could do a trade, I don't know. Surface styles don't call for much of the colours we use. On the other hand it's worth a trip if - and I'm sorry to say it - this is all that you have. Do you have an idea of how long it will take to get a new suit?"
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"Well, even if I can find something 'surface' which works well on me, it will suffice until she can figure out how to make it work."

Pondering his options, he wondered if going to the Amun Rah embassy was a good idea for today. He sighed for a moment and tapped his slender fingers on his head.

"... Hmmm. Perhaps going to the Embassy isn't a good idea today. Going in a state of confusion would do us no good. I need to relax and do more research later. Only then can I think straight to make sense of it. Something trivial, yet important is something we both need."

Trivial, but profitable to Gulanadur. He would need input of other people who decide the tides of fashion. It was then he noticed her gaze and looked inquisitively at her, hoping she was alright. She had just gone through something really traumatizing, and he hoped that the 'fashion' excursion would make her a little better.

"Are you alright?... Maybe you need a holiday of your own."

Oblivious to why she was really being unfocused and distant, S'sinith stood up slowly, thinking it was because she was still pondering the events of her father. He approached her with a kind and soothing smile, brushing a lock of hair from her eyes.

"Hey... we'll figure it out, alright? Even if I had all the information we needed, we likely couldn't do anything right now. He is away from the threat even if he is not with Molten right now. Your father wouldn't want you to worry so much."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Return to “Patrician & Citadel Ring”