Back Down to Earth (Morgan/Simon sidethread, Jy 30 ET)

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Morg

Back Down to Earth (Morgan/Simon sidethread, Jy 30 ET)

Post by Morg »

(OOC: continued from here.)

As he made his way out into the open air, Morgan deflated like a ruptured pig's-bladder. The larger-than-life, flamboyant air of mystery he'd swathed himself in for the benefit of the customers of Risque shrunk away, to be replaced with the usual Morgan: slim, serious, perhaps even inconspicuous. His dark eyes showed the change most dramatically of all. A sharp, steely glint had entered into them as he waited to hear what the Imperial Thaumaturgist had to say. This was a man who didn't have the time to waste words.

Once away from the club, Morgan drew a shield around himself, adding a cocoon-like anti-eavesdropping ward around both men - a dense weave of air energy that virtually muted the sounds entering and leaving the bubble. If anyone tried to listen in on their conversation, magickally or otherwise, the disruption to the weave would mean that he would know about it.

When satisfied with the weave, he turned to Ginneke, all ears. "What's the problem?" There had to be a problem, else the Imperial Thaumaturgist wouldn't have called upon Morgan. Where problems went, Morgan followed closely behind.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Simon had followed Morgan outside quickly and without saying anything else until the bubble was in place. Morgan could feel a slight tension in the energies as Simon checked it out. As his hands went through the beard that he had been working on for quite some time now, he grinned. "Nice work, Mr. Scrylock, very nice. And yes, there is a problem indeed. I have information about the Liber. It is here. I think I know where it is and I need all the help I can get to get a hold of it." He paused, knowing that Morg knew exactly what danger this all implied, but he said it anyway. "We need to get it. Before it is too late."
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan allowed himself a quick smile. Having one's wardings complimented by the Imperial Thaumaturgist was high praise indeed, and the student magus wasn't above being gratified by such things.

He nodded as he mentally ran through the implications of what Simon was telling him. So the Liber has resurfaced. It was frustrating that he hadn't been the one to find it. Morgan had his own plans for the Liber - plans that perhaps hadn't been worked out in any specificity yet, but that definitely didn't involve another attempt to destroy it.

What worried him the most was Ginneke's angle on the matter. Elvin, he had seen, wanted to destroy the book, as did Mother Abeaja. Mistress Tabeann wanted to preserve it - or at any rate her beliefs would not permit her to annihilate the knowledge it contained. Practitioners of the Dark Arts - and Morgan did not doubt that they existed in the Citadel - would, he assumed, want to profit from its contents. These were known quantities. Constants, almost. Simon was an unknown. Naturally, like all the other parties involved, he would prefer it if the book was in his hands rather than others, but what would he do with it once it had been retrieved?

Still, that was not the immediate issue. Now that the High Thaumaturgist knew where to find it, Morgan's best avenue of approach was through him. It would mean no more fumbling around in the dark looking for answers. It's a shame, in a way; I was looking forward to fumbling around in the dark some more with Etain.

"I won't ask how you discovered its whereabouts," the Dortman said grimly. From the few dealings he'd had with Ginneke before, he knew that the man had more eyes and ears than was quite natural for a human being. "I'll certainly help you to retrieve it. What do you suggest we do?"
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Patrician & Citadel Ring”