A New Day for Rendia

Moderator: Mods

Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

The first time she had been instructed to relax, she had been very unsure of herself, but now, she was processing so many new feelings and so much new information and trying so hard that she closed her eyes and only felt tenseness trapped in her muscles.

She tried taking deep breaths and relaxing, but it was so much harder. She couldn't stop thinking so easily. She couldn't . . . what was it she couldn't do? Distancing herself from everything was a skill she didn't know she had . . . she thought as she drifted into a calmer frame of mind and her muscles released their intense tension.

Naomi's voice told her to look inside herself. Part of Rendia didn't want to and struggled to snap out of the relaxing state. Yet another part of her strove to obey Naomi implicitly. With a few more deep, but shaky breaths, Rendia let go of the newest tension within her and let herself float into the space in her mind.

Look into yourself? Curiously and hesitantly, Rendia sunk down into the new experience of allowing herself to relax and stare into the thing that scared her most, her own soul. Naomi's voice subconsciously encouraged her, as Rendia unclenched her frightened inner eyes and dared to look.

What were all the colors above her? So many colors in the sky! Or were they stars? Or . . beautiful flying stars, the kinds you see on dark nights in the desert. They moved without falling though, she felt like she needed to squint to see them. then she realized they were small and delicate but very close. The sky had come down to her, and moving lights of many shades were dancing before her. They looked happy at first. they were happy. But they were also sad. Rendia felt like crying. The moving lights were sad! Slowly, the green, blue, maroon, lavender, and golden, threaded lights were sad.

"Naomi," she whispered without realizing her heart was calling out, "what's wrong with them? What happened?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Across the etheric plane Naomi heard Rendia's plaintive cry, and shed a silent tear herself. "The colours my dear are you, and it you that is sad.

"The colours, and from what I can see, they are beautiful colours, represent the energies that make up you. They are a manifestation of your soul if you like.

"And they are sad, because you are still sad. But in that sadness, look I see a grand beauty, and a solemn strength that I don't see very often.

"When I see the colours of my elemental energies, I see the things that make me what I am, the green of my link to mother earth, the pink of my sensuality, the silver that is my strength. This is what defines me.

"See if you can find the thread that binds your energies my dear."
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

"N-no, that's not me," Rendia whispered plantively. "Maybe my being here is making them sad," she said. It was a terrible habit, always blaming herself for everything automatically. When she said this, the lights grew smaller, or weaker, and Rendia cried out. She didn't want them to go away, they made the darkness so beautiful.

"Are you sure it's not something elses energy? Something else that is also sad?" she said ridiculously. It was then that she realized she really did have energy, and that it could look like this. It was because the blue lights were suddenly bigger then the others and quieting the swallowing darkness and making the other lights better again. The dance continued. And it was Anasis. Anasis.

As Naomi had been speaking, Rendia had been getting more accoustmed to this new experience, and so as she sat there she searched for a way to see Naomi at the same time. Did she have to leave this place? Because she wanted to tell Naomi. Tell her what she was seeing. Tell her . . . tell her that, "The thread that ties me together is the grace of Anasis. Why would she do this for me, Naomi?"

Then Rendia stopped worrying why. She wasn't so unimportant, or so important either, after all. Anasis held her together, like the gods held the world together for foolish mortals. Why should she focus on herself when Anasis had saved her life? She only wanted to tell Naomi! "Naomi, Anasis is beautiful!" she breathed. "Anasis is beautiful," she repeated again and again. And if she had known she was doing it, she wouldn't have cared, like she wouldn't have cared that there were tears flowing down her cheeks. The dark of doubt was finally beginning to loose it's hold on her.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Standing next to Rendia, Naomi watched the energies in the younger woman lower, before a sudden infusion of bluish coloured energy raised her aura to prominance again.

A soft smile tickled the edges of her mouth as she watched the slow and gradual transformation beginning to occur in the young woman before her.

As she heard Rendias quiet chant to Anasis, Naomi spoke softly across the gulf of the etheric plain, "Indeed Anasis is the power that binds us, those of us who follow her.

"To see her gift is indeed wonderful Rendia. Now, staying centered and anchored to your own aura, try to look outwards. What do you see?"
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia would've laughed with delight if she knew how. But the way things were going she would be ready to learn this as well. For now she was engulfed in this new experience.

Rendia didn't know what she was looking outward for. Her calm was strained as she tried to make an effort to see outside of herself. She wasn't getting it quite yet, and it threatened to disrupt her calm. "What am I looking for . . ." she mumbled in soft confusion.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"We are energy in this plane, but we are generally a combination of all energies. You might perceive me as a pool of white flame, not far from yourself.

"But, if you look carefully you will see that the flame is not white, but is made up of all the colours of the rainbow, and if you look carefully you will see what energies dominate my aura.

"You should see the green of growth and renewal, and the white of restoration. There will be orange for health, and of course the pink of my humanity. And maybe even a hint of the grey of mystery.

"But, the overriding first impression will be the apparenec of a white pool of energies, which you must interpret to see what lies beneath."
Last edited by rhoddin on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

White flame . . it sounded so pretty, she could just imagine it. The idea of white flame was the needed calming idea for rendia, and she let herself relax again, sink back into the state in which she could do anything she wanted. So slowly, very slowly, she began to notice things outside of herself. Where was the white flame, she suddenly thought, and with a burst of joy, she saw it appearing before her. Oh, it was beautiful indeed. Rendia loved looking at these energies, it was like connecting with life, she could only feel alive and connected with the world.

She let herself draw nearer to the flame in a sense, let herself examine it with newfound joy and childlike curiousity, and as the colors became more clear, she remembered that someone had said they would. She pondered this peacefully for a second.

"Naomi?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The pool of energies before Rendia glowed a little more brightly, the pink more evident than previously. "Indeed Rendia it is me," Naomi was glad to see the energies of Rendias aura had returned to a more stable and joyful tint.

"Now see how the ribbons of energy that make up my aura are neatly intertwined in a pattern. Notice the smooth convergence of energies, and the balance of the pattern."
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

As Naomi told her this, rendia did indeed notice that all the energy looked right together, that they relied on eachother and strengthened eachother. "It's like . . . a weaving, an artwork. Or like the words of a story that flows," she observed slowly. Then she felt a surge of confusion. In all this energy . . . "Naomi, where am I?" What was it she had said . . .? Another plane? She could dimly remember before this, before she had seen this new world of color. Then she began to regain a sort of consciousness instead of pure instinct and emotion, amidst a very new found calm she didn't know she was capable of.

"Pretty . . ." Rendia said . . . watching the green, white, and pink dance interrupted and then enhanced by an orange glow that changed the whole look of Naomi. The more she watched the more complex it seemed.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"We are in the ethereal plane Rendia. It exists in parralell to the physical plane. It is were our aura, and that of all things are visible.

All things are energy, some more, some less, but energy, and this is the plane were the energy signatures of all things is visible, as oppossed to the physical manifestation." Naomi was quiet for a moment, contemplating the next stage of Rendia's instruction.

"What we need to practice now, is manipulating our own energy, as that is the first stage to correcting anothers aura. I want you to concentrate on the energies of your aura, and see if you can change the pattern, maybe bring a trait to the fore. I realise it sounds strange, but try to strengthen part of your aura, and then think of how it has made you feel."

As Rendia watched, a gentle infusion of pink seemed to flow through Naomi's aura. "You see how I've strengthened the part of me that feels and cares for others, and my love for my fellows?"
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

"I see . . but I do not understand," Rendia admitted. She was still adjusting, slowly but surely she was growing used to this plane and the idea of it.

With great effort she turned her eyes back to her lights in the sky, and fear chocked her automatically before she latched on to the memories of pink and blue. She looked at the complexity before her and tried to find a color she liked or felt safe reaching out to. The dim yellow caught her attention firstly, and she could not help but curiously make an effort to strengthen it somehow.

Just focusing seemed to be the first trick, but Rendia did not understand what happened next. As if responding to her will, she coaxed the color to shine brighter, move more lightly along, it was like nurturing with thoughts. It made her feel as bright as the yellow she did not know existed. A sense of delight filled Rendia, the kind she felt whenever she learned something new, and this supreme new lesson was now feeding her that quiet joy that results from a deep love of knowledge. She felt as if she had just solved a great puzzle, and everything would be better from now on.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

OOC: beautiful

IC: Naomi watched the the pale yellow of Rendias aura strengthen and grow brighter, and a joyous almost golden wash of colour flooded her aura. In response Naomi's own aura glowed brighter, with hints of pink and gold showing through.

"Well done Rendia, do you feel it. Feel the flow of the energies.

"In someone who is unwell, or injured, the flow of energies is disrupted. Part of the healing process is to be able to realign the flow, set things to right as it were.

"Does that make sense too you?"
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia looked for awhile . . . then she slowly felt she understood.

"Yes," she whispered. If you believe in gods . . was this so hard? It made a lot of sense to a simple slave girl.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Excellent, we need to go back to the physical plane now, but remember your experiences here, as they will be the basis for further lessons, a little later," and the hint of smile pervaded Naomi's words as she spoke to Rendia.

"Slowly let your concious self take over again, gently easing yourself from your trance. Feel the physical world around you grow," and Naomi slowly talked, leading Rendia back to the physical plane once more.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia let herself follow the words, tried to regain conscious thoughts and experiences. It was like having to wake up from a deep sleep when you weren't ready, but the more clearly she began to see the world around her again, the more content she was to return, no matter how beautiful the non-physical plane had been. Her eyes refocused on the figure in front of her.

"Naomi," she said, uncertaintly, as if trying out the name to make sure it fit. Then she remebered where she had been with no small ammount of awe. "It was so pretty," she murmured, almost smiling.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Naomi did smile, holding back a responce as Rendia finished her words.

"Indeed it is pretty my dear, but also very dangerous. As much as you or I can exist in the plane, so can others who may not always have the best of intentions. There are those who scour the etheric plane in search of easy prey, so you must only visit the plain with one who has the knowledge to offer protection.

"In time you will also learn these skills, but for now heed my warning," and the older woman smiled again, a warm reassuring smile.

"Now to try our cough elixer, le's see if we can find someone to test it on, and I'll show you a bit more of the magic of healing," as she spoke a trill of laughter escaped her throat, as she waited to see if Rendia had anything further to add.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia's face showed no emotion or thoughts as she listened to Naomi's warning. It was entirely blank, she was very good at doing that. She only nodded. She would remember and heed the danger.

Her face slowly softened into a more content look as Naomi laughed. Naomi put things in a safe way, and Rendia was, although she still felt shy, ready to see what would come next, even if it involved more people. With her stiff reserve she realized it could be akward, but she trusted Naomi implicitly by now, and most everyone else on the island as well by default. "I am ready," she told Naomi, who seemed to be waiting for a response.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Naomi nodded her head, a generous smile once again splitting her angular features, reaching out to take Rendia's hand in one hand, and the already prepared elixar in the other, she prepared to leave the preparation room in the temple.

"Come then my newly instructed apprentice, let's see who there is for us to practice on around here," and with a half skip like a young child Naomi led the way out of the room.

OOC: Gia, this is short tie over, I'll review this thread and award some more skills in the next day or so, and I think we'll start a new thread for the rest of the day, but feel free to answer this post if you, or Rendia, feel you have a response.

hugs, Rhoddin
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

OOC: *chants* Time jump, time jump, time jump!! =P Let's just discuss what we'll be doing and jump ahead so i won't have to say i've been here a year and played two days. :P We'll scheme in the chat sometime maybe, hmm? ^^

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”