Theology Seminar with Brother Felton

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Marek nodded slightly upon Galliban’s completion of the story. “Not an easy tale to tell. I thank you for sharing it with me.”

He remained silent for a burn or two as he digested the story. He glanced over the classroom. “Demon summoning on Oracle’s Isle”, he murmured. “Why here, of all places?”

Pushing away from the desk he had been leaning against, Marek gazed down at Galliban. “And the enemies? You say the encampment had been abandoned? Have they been found? They can’t have left the Island, could they?” He asked quickly.

Almost before the echo of his words died, Marek frowned and shook his head. “No, I am sorry. I am pushing you and that is not my intention. There are just so many questions that boil over.”

“Oracle’s Isle always had the aura of being a holy place. To hear that this stronghold of the Faithful has been under attack, that is …disturbing.” He had an other word in mind, but deemed it unfit for his current company. Somehow some of the words he’d picked up in the Tavern seemed out of place here.

No wonder the priests are all edgy. How confident the Dark must feel if they attack –here-. It’s almost like a gauntlet thrown. Are they going to answer the challenge? And if so..how? What can we do that we have not yet done?
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

"Yes, it is indeed disturbing," Galliban replied. "Their thinking is simple. Strike at the heart of your enemy and you shall take the better position. Once the strongest defense of your enemy falls, the other defenses are weakened," she explained. The young half-elf was obviously having trouble finding the right words, as she was far less able to discuss the subject in the common tongue than in the adhiel language.

"These are dark times, Marek. The Forces of Darkness gathers strength and prepares to attack. Perhaps we face another Great Battle, or perhaps our war will be even greater. If that is so, then I am glad that I am here to fight it." Galliban finished, her tone becoming more ominous in her final remarks.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain

Post by Guest »

“Is there evidence of this?”

Marek folded his arms over his chest. “I know there was the demon incident and the other events that sprang from it, you told me. I too am surprised that they have chosen to raising a demon here. It speaks of confidence, I think, and challenge. But another Great Battle?” He frowned deeply. “Here, on Oracle’s Isle?”

Canting his head, he regarded Galliban solemnly. “Perhaps you’ll have your battle. For now, I’d be pleased if those who killed Lana are caught. Perhaps from them we can learn more of what their plans were.”

“We will have to wait and see.”

Unsure what to say more on the subject, Marek chose to change the subject and gestured to the Library. “I had planned to spend a half mark browsing the Library before turning in for the night. Do you have any recommendations on what sections to explore?”
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban nodded at Marek's comments, but did not speak further on the subject. She thought that perhaps her comrade did not truly understand the scope of current events. The happenings on Oracle's Isle would affect the whole world, she was sure of that. She was also quite sure that the Forces of Darkness were moving in places other than the Isle.

"There has been some sort of magical interference in the Library as of late. Apparently, the books and scrolls have become disordered, and some of the sections have yet to be sorted out. You might have trouble finding what you are looking for tonight." Galliban replied to Marek's query about the Library.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain

Post by Guest »

Marek noticed Galliban’s doubt but when she did not say anything further on the subject, he dropped it altogether.

“I’ll just have to enjoy some random browsing.” He smiled at Galliban. “Thank you for the talk, Galliban. It filled a lot of blank space for me. And perhaps we will know more when we meet again in three days, who can tell?”

Bowing his head in courteous farewell to the achadhiel, Marek made his way towards the Library to indulge in admiring the sheer volume of books, even if he would be unable to find anything specific to capture his interest.

Post by Guest »

I think we're done here. :)

Thread Skilled 12/14/04 Scytale
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

"Yes, perhaps we shall. I too enjoyed our talk. Good night, Marek." Galliban replied. She bowed her head to Marek, then turned and exited the Library, leaving Marek to his browsing.

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”