Sexy flotsam (Chyril 27th Late Morningtide)

Moderator: Mods

Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Sexy flotsam (Chyril 27th Late Morningtide)

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

The Southern end of Long Bay knows a long stretch of the most white sand one has ever seen, glittering in the sun so that even under the gentle shadow of nearby trees the rays burn the skin easily. There is a gentle slope to the sand and a decent surf. Local children come here to play, though the locals are always wise enough to keep their skin covered. Out into the Long Bay there is a lot of daily activity, but the White Beach is usually deserted and empty safe for the occasional visitor.

The sand of the White Beach is made up of grind coral and limestone. It gives the waters an unearthly blue shine at the surf, while further into the waters it changes to a rich emerald green. To the north one can see the muddy delta of the Long Song ending in Long Bay, including the forest in the water ,the Mangrove Forest of the Eternal Tide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waking up to a sneeze was never Elvira's favorite. Yet, sand somehow got into her nostril and she sneezed mightily, groaning at the pounding headache that resounded in her skull. Must have been a wild night...... When the Nether did we get on shore? Her eyelids were sticky and the sunlight shining straight into her eyes, made the girl groan again and shift on the surf, trying to settle more comfortably. Her toes were cold, thanks to the tide that made the waves reach just past her ankles, soaking her boots and making her curl into a ball, before bolting upright as her brain caught up on the current events. "SHIT! The bloody storm." She ignored the headache, rubbing her temples, before getting her lids unstuck and looking around with a sour-expression on her face, the bridge of her nose wrinkled in obvious distaste of the pounding headache and solid ground and shitty taste in her mouth. She needed a stiff drink and she needed it now.

Taking a whiff of her clothing and finding herself covered in dried salt, V pushed herself up and nearly stumbled down as marks spent dozing under the sun made her regret such a hasty motion. "Whoa. Alright. Slowly now." Licking her dry lips, she used a hand to shade the eyes and took a better look of the surroundings, blinking to clear out the blurriness the headache left. It was to the first time she has slept in the open, and it sure as Nether was not going to be the last, but she needed a drink right about now. Water for start and then something to make her headache go away. A few pints of beer, or maybe a bit of wine. Hopefully not the piss, she had to endure on Harpy. Something that did not taste like it was diluted by sweat and who knows what.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Gerrard, who had been scourging the beach for a while now, grabbing all the glittering money he could find as well as anything that was useful to him, saw a lady getting up, slowly. She didn't seem to be wounded as far as he could see. Rubbing his own bruises, gritting his teeth, he stumbled toward her. The furs he found were heavy on his back, but he would need them for the night. "Miss!" he called out to Elvira, his voice more of a loud groan then actually forming clear words, "Are you okay?"

His body hurt, especially since his captors hadn't dealt with the bruises, or the cuts he suffered from the battering, correctly. His movement was slow and he looked bad. Dried blood on his face and arms. His shirt was torn in several places and so was his codpiece. His hair was a mess and his eyes looked weary. He wasn't able to do much if anyone would come upon them, but having seen only (seemingly) dead bodies so far, he was glad there was another survivor and had to try whatever he could to help her. However, the voices seemed to have stopped for now, which was pleasant. He didn't need those along with what has happened in the past days.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

It was the night after a heavy storm. Long Bay had not yet seen many fishermen going out, most patient enough to wait till the wind was behaving again and the Kami had once again become at peace. There were however one or two locals in black tunic, and yellow conic heads scrounging up what was washed up on the shore. They threw the strangers some curious looks but stayed away for now, observing silently.

The beach was littered with little bits and pieces, though unfortunately not much coin which was heavy and tended to sink quite definitely to the bottom of the Eastern Seas outside Long Bay. Far out, at the edge of the Bay, one could see some remains of the ship still sticking out, waves washing against it with some violence, spilling out the last remains. The coral reef had made another victim.

Elvira would recognize the man that stumbled towards her vaguely as one of the passengers from that Rogue ship that Joseph had insisted on taking on, just before they had run into the Muchislian marine ships.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

The White Beach had always been one of Chau's favourite spots for rest and relaxation. She had spent many a tide here running barefoot through the sand or simply lying a few paces away from the sea as the waves softly hum - partaking of life's little pleasures, sublime in their simplicity but, to her mind, far more rewarding than the expensive opulence of nobles. Today, dressed in her plain white robes, she wandered aimlessly through the woods near the beach, content to simply be there, surrounded by wilderness. She took a sip of water from her waterskin and sat down on the ground, looking up towards the tree branches in the hope of spotting some birds. After a while, an unusually colorful butterfly caught her attention, so she stood up and pursued him, following its zig-zag flight towards the beach itself. Diving for pearls was hard work, fraught with many dangers, so Chau believed herself entitled to a little childlike fun every once in a while.

As she moved towards the beach, she thought she heard voices. There was something that sounded like a woman's voice, which was soon joined by a more gruff, manly one. She had trouble making out any words - it sounded guttural and harsh, completely foreign to her ears, so she thought it might be some kind of animal. Whatever it was, she was determined to investigate, and did so.

Sneaking up behind a tree, she cast a glance towards the beach, and to her surprise found two strange people there. One of them was a woman, built almost like a man, wearing tattered and worn clothes and looking distinctly under the weather. The other was a man who looked to be in even worse shape. The pair had unusual skin complexion and unusual facial features. They were different - foreigners? Chau knew of the lands across the sea, but these were supposed to be incredibly far away, only reached by the more daring traders. That some people from these faraway lands had reached the Empire was an odd thing indeed! Glancing about, she noted some people were sitting back and warily observing the marooned outsiders. As they were in obvious need of assistance, she decided to show them some Eastern hospitality and took a few tentative steps forward.

"Hello.", she greeted them in Noi Long, though she was certain the foreigners couldn't understand. A warm smile - surely a universal gesture - accompanied the greeting. Chau took a few more steps forward and offered her waterskin to the odd couple.
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Having seen quite a number of prisoners aboard the Harpy, Elvira though Gerard looked familiar, but did not quite remember much about the man, though his current state marked him as another victim quite clearly. Raising her left hand with palm towards the approaching man, she inched the right hand closer to the saber at her belt, not quite certain how to react to his presence. She had no wish to deal with disgruntled greedy merchants who whined about poor treatment. Should have paid for some marines. Better yet, should have bought a better ship. "That's close enough there. You've got quite a nerve to run along the beach with your prick hanging out like that." She glanced down at his missing cod-piece and took a short step back, frowning as the headache refused to go away.

Then Chau showed up, bringing a new variable into the equation, though the sight of waterskin caused Vi to lick her dry lips, her body shifting so she faced them both as much as possible, the hand now clearly on the hilt of her weapon. "That means you too, miss. And I'd appreciate it if you tried saying that in a language I understand. You are speaking gibberish." Despite all her best effort, Elvira's eyes kept going to the skin in Chau's hands, a nagging voice at the back of her head telling her to beware as the girl could be one of those land-locked pirates that preyed on grounded ships. Ships they grounded through fake signal lights.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Flushing, not with shame but with anger, the young man grunted. "I just want to help you! You're as much a victim here as I am." he said through cracked lips, throwing his arms wide up in the air, before looking for a piece of cloth to put where once a nice codpiece had been. "And sorry that you can't handle seeing a man with his blanking prick hanging about, ma'am!" he snapped at Elvira. Gerrard really didn't need a hostile woman right now. He wanted a bath in fresh water, new clothes and good food and drink.

As Chau came closer, saying something he didn't quite understand, but with a smile, he greeted her. "Good evening, lady" he said and gestured towards Elvira when the waterskin was offered. "Thank you for your offer." he said slowly "Let the lady have some first.". He made a slight bow, as far as his aching body would let him, as a gesture of thanks. This was certainly gonna be a long time before he would be able to communicate with them, but, the etiquette his mother had taught him might be universal. At least he hoped so.

Post by Guest »

Strange, brutish people, so terribly loud. The lady first started yelling at the man, for no apparent reason. After following the Western woman's glance to the raggedy fellow's loins, Chau immediately blushed and averted her gaze. Going about half-naked was not acceptable, even in the more lax society of the fishermen, but she thought the poor man couldn't be blamed for such offensive behaviour, having been washed ashore in a foreign land. The man responded by yelling back at her. Chau wondered if all people from the lands across the sea were this abrasive, or if it was just the stress of the situation that made them act in such an uncivil manner to each other.

She was somewhat puzzled to find her offer of water replied to with a defensive posture. The woman had reached for her blade and said something in her tongue, obviously thinking her a threat. Wishing to assuage any fears, Chau slowly raised her other hand in the air, to show she was unarmed and meant no harm. The man was more polite. While his words were as unintelligible to her as her own were to him, she noted his bow and responded with one of her own.

"Take it. It is water. Look... I won't poison you or anything.", she told the woman, speaking slowly, and took a sip of the water before offering it to her again.
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Elvira had to chuckle despite the strange situation, Gerard's anger hardly worrying her, though it was several flickers before she moved the hand away from the saber. "Oh, I am not worried about a limp prick. But, they do have tendency to get hard and take over men's minds. And, apart from not being in the mood right now, I prefer to know a guy first before I allow him to go anywhere near me with his prick." She grinned menacingly, though it turned into a smile soon enough. "A few of those who did not believe me ended with a nice little soprano replacing their usual voice, if you catch my drift." It was a lie, Elvira never having cut off man's testicles off, but he did not need to know that. She just hoped her cracked voice and weary face hid the lie well enough.

Then the woman did something that assuaged Elvira's fears quite a bit, and the girl relaxed her posture a bit, moving towards the foreign girl carefully, her eyes still on Gerard. For all she knew he could recognize her any moment now and seek some stupid form of revenge for something he had brought upon himself by being on so badly protected ship. She smiled at Chau and looked into girl's eyes tentatively reaching for the waterskin, ready to jump away if she made any sudden motion. "Thank you." Once the skin was in her hands, she pored a bit of water on her hand, wetting her lips, taking only a tiny sip for now, not wanting to get cramps in her stomach. She handed the skin back to Chau and turned to Gerard. "Don't be stupid and gorge yourself on it or you'll end up in pain. Or you can be a man and try to tough it out. Don't say afterwards I did not warn you."
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard's knees buckled together as Elvira mentioned the soprano and she could see him swallow. "That's not a bad trait you have, miss. However, given our situation, I'm really not in the mood myself." he said, his voice still hoarse, but at least she wasn't yelling anymore. The fact she sported a sabre just after she woke means she was a pirate though, and thus he couldn't blame her for her defensive stance toward him. Stretching one arm, palm of his hand toward her, he said "I know you are a pirate, miss, but I mean you no harm.". He paused for a moment and then said "My name is Gerrard. Nice to meet you. What is your name?".

He then walked toward Chau, slowly. Pointing at himself, he said "Ger-rard". He then pointed at the young native girl "You?". When Chau was close enough, he held his hand out to towards her, in hopes of receiving the waterskin. "Thanks for the warning" he said to Elvira and smiled at her, his eyes closing rapidly for a moment as a few of the cracks in his lips opened up. "Great... add some more?" he mumbled to himself, before grinning to who knew what.

Post by Guest »

It worked! Chau felt proud of herself for successfully bridging a yawning chasm between cultures. Getting the two castaways to accept the water was a small step forward, but nonetheless an important one. Trust was the most important thing when it came to dealing with people. Among the fishermen, where the traditional institutions of government were virtually nonexistent, a person's word was the most valuable thing they had. The survival of the whole community depended on people respecting the fishing grounds of other people. If the balance was upset, there would be pandemonium. She had gotten the trust of the foreigners, so communication would go much easier.

The man walked over to her and apparently introduced himself. Ger Rard. Which was the family name and which was the first name? She decided to call him by his full name until she knew enough of his language to enquire. The name was hard on the tongue, but she was certain she'd manage to pronounce it passably.

"Chau.", she said, pointing to herself, and offered the waterskin to the man. Turning to the lady, she bowed and pointed, raising her eyebrows in the hope she too would say her name.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

The gentle cessation of movement stirred Aislinn from her half-aware somnolence, eyes swollen shut and rimed with salt as her aching body became aware that she no longer rocked. The scrapes and cuts had long since grown saturated with sea-water, and as her senses slowly regained their catalouging of her surroundings, it was with some lethargy that she dimly noted the damp grit beneath her, the bruised fingers chilled and stiff as they still clutched the bit of wreckage that had saved her life.

"Thank th' mother..." at least, those were the words she thought, but her cracked and moisture drained lips allowed a mere.. "an..." to escape, barely whispered, lacking even the semblance of brogue.

The waves tugged at her hips and water soaked clothing, a miracle that the somewhat tattered garments hadn't sucked her to the depths. A stench of rotten seaweed filled her nostrils as she struggled to stir to awakeness, her body refusing to follow her commands with the rapidity she was used to, and it was several marks before she dragged herself free of the cluthing, jealous waves, reluctant as they were to release what had so nearly been their prize.

Awareness returned with excrutiating slowness, for she lapsed briefly into unconciousness moments after achieving a few feet of freedom from the edge of the water, too wearied to recognize whether the tide was encroaching or ebbing. Upon her next awakening, however, she managed to push herself up to a half-sitting position, eyes blearily attempting to focus a little stretch down the beach, where the familiar tones of voices seemed raised in something resembling anger.

A trace of fear stirred her lagging conciousness, for she suddenly realized that freedom was as near to her reach as the taste of salt was upon her lips. As the throbbing of her body began to return, now that the numbing cold of the ocean had retreated, she shuffled around for a bit of wreckage, something to use as a support.

Using whatever was at hand, she slowly clambered to her feet, hands finding it difficult to grasp as she nearly lost her footing, her right leg so weak from an old injury it barely held her weight. Who's i'? Th' blokes a standin' an' cat'waulin'? The leather satchel, water-soaked and with its contents likely ruined, hung around the drenched green garments that clung to her thin frame, the base of her skirt somewhat tattered about her ankles. Though the pirates had refused to allow her the tell-tale robes of an Apprentice Healer, she had fought to retain the dignity of the only other clothes in her possession.

Long strands of knotted flame-colored curls clung around pale, chilled features, her emerald eyes blinking, sense of distance distorted as she peered towards the sounds that had chastised her into movement. She stood there for a few long burns, taking in the scene somewhat dimly, but gathering what strength she could as she sought to rationalize the scene before her, trying to determine where, precisely she was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Aislinn saw a glittering white beach before her, with a green jungle after the gentle slope. In the distance the Mangrove Forest gave a different view, more muddy and grubby. Upon the beach various pieces of woodwork had washed up, as well as some humans it seemed. They were talking with each other. One woman she might recognize as the captains lay, the man however, who had spend most of his time in the brig, did not ring any bells, but he was obviously western for all his state of undress. The little girl in white.. maybe she was a local? She certainly didn't look like anybody Aislinn ever met before. Far down the beach there were several people in black tunics observing the scene.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

"Whoa there, sport. You should really think twice before going around half naked and accusing people of piracy. It not polite and...... Well, I ain't no pirate. You got me confused with someone else." Elvira scowled, trying to hide the quiver from her voice, a bit worried about being recognized, but hid the hint of fear with a frown. He was not given a name, the dark haired woman pouting and pointedly not looking in Gerrard's direction. Even Joseph could not stand the silent treatment for prolonged periods of time.

Then she had to suppress a groan at the sugary scene that took place before her, a brave explorer meeting an innocent, but pretty native and teaching her his name. For a flicker she entertained the idea of going all Doh, me na-me El-vi-ra on them, but the girl was a native and treating her nice for a while could be useful. "I'm Elvira." She pointed at her chest, while looking at Chau and repeated. "Elvira." She watched as Gerrard went about wetting his lips, before her eyes focused on the black robes observing the three of them. "Chau, who are those people?" She motioned towards the curious bystanders with her chin, suddenly not feeling quite so comfortable, their uniformed attire making them look too much like an organized force. Speaking of which she was quite curious to see if any other crewmen of the Harpy survived, the shipwreck containing a few items she could need if she were to have any chance to making a headway here.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Having been an unwilling addition to the Harpy, she had taken the time to note who was who. The slow recognition of the dark-haired woman spurred a flicker of anger, but it was a limp, diminishing one weighed down by exhaustion. The woman's Captain had thought a pet healer to be quite the prize, and though she'd managed to maintain some shreds of decency, it had been humbling to fend off lustful gazes that would not continue to be easily put off.

Ah, th' moth'r... came that half-formed prayer of gratitude. The picture before her swam, her bare feet shuffling through the gritty sand as she pressed down the fear and uncertainty, gritting teeth against pain as she hobbled towards them with her narrow stick of driftwood. Her fingers throttled it, digging a few stray splinters into fingertips and palm. Aye, 'n there be no like o' survivin' on m' own...

"Be ye from th' 'Arpy?" An Islayan brogue rasped out, as if her parched throat were strangling the words upon utterance before stretching forth on the strands of air for the trio to hear. Aislinn eyed the man somewhat doubtfully, her time at the Abbey reducing such a free display to a clinical assessment. Or it would have been clinical, if she could have kept her vision from swimming. As it was, if the man had washed up with the rest of them, he must've been with the recent 'cargo' swept below-decks with the last raid - and she was not about to judge any such person on the state of their dress or lack thereof. Even in her hazy state, that seemed to bode well for continued freedom.

Post by Guest »

Chau committed the woman's name to memory, privately wondering which part was the first name and which the family name. She would have to call El Wai Ra by her full name too. As the foreign girl inquired about the black-clad fishermen who were prudently observing from the sidelines, Chau crouched down and drew a stylised fish in the sand. First she pointed to the men, then to the fish, and to ensure the woman would understand pretended to fish with an invisible fishing rod. The foreigners surely were familiar with a tool as simple as the fishing rod, if they had ships that could bring them this far.

"Why are you standing over there like jade statues? These people need help!", she shouted at the fishermen and motioned towards them, asking them to come forward. The foreigners could use all the assistance they could get. Besides, she thought, someone would have to scour the beach for any more survivors.

Just then she heard another voice, and turned to find a woman wobbling towards them. Red hair - and green eyes! She had once seen an adhiel with red hair, but she never saw any such humans. Perhaps the girl had adhiel blood? All such questions had to be left for later. Chau rushed towards the woman, who seemed to be on the verge of falling down, and offered her shoulder for support.
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard didn't notice Aislinn just yet, or had chosen to just ignore her for now. It was Elvira who had his attention. Didn't she understand that waking up with a sabre at her waist he would know she wouldn't be one of the captives? And apart from the pirates, nobody carried any weapons on board as far as he knew. The aspiring forger rolled his eyes.

"First of all, miss Elvira, I am not naked by choice. However, nature has endowed me well enough not to be ashamed of it either. I would prefer a new codpiece or at least a piece of cloth for now though. Secondly, you are wearing a sabre. I do not think it very probable that you have 'found' that on the beach while you were just waking up right now. The fact you carry a weapon, means you are one of the crew of the vessel I have been on for the last days. It was a pirate vessel with a pirate crew. How could anyone one in their right mind ever come to the stupid conclusion you are a pirate? I must be so wrong there." Gerrard said, the voice full of sarcasm in the last few sentences.

He shook his head and started laughing. "Look miss, if I wanted to attack you, I would've done so earlier. Even then, I'm in bad shape with all my bruises your crew bestowed upon me. However, I am not angry with you. I do not hate you for what you have done to me. It all came true. They told me I would be free, and look what has happened, I am free. I'm alive, and I'm just happy enough with that. They also told me you were not my enemy on this island." he said and paused for a flicker. "Now it's time to make the best of this situation and I would really like to see us helping each other out, since so far you are the only one I can have a coherent and fluent conversation with without any hurdles to overcome. So if please we could leave the hostilities behind us, we might see what this native can mean for us. What do you say?" he asked her, glancing at Chau as she tried to explain something with drawings in the sand and shouted something at the men in black.

As she started shouting, Gerrard understood what she was trying to explain. The men were fishermen! He said "Chau? Are they fishermen?" and pointed to the drawing in the sand of the fish and mimicked throwing a line with a fishing rod.
Last edited by Gerrard MacKaree on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

They were hesitant, the men in black. One couldn't trust these aliens. Never know what they got up to. Little Chau, they recognized her vaguely, was either very trusting or confident in her skills of defense. Didn't she know that aliens eat you alive? They were loud mouthed alright, and they had strange clothes and hair color. They clearly didn't belong.

Despite these misgivings one of the fishermen approached. Females had the strong command of influence and power in Long Danh, even if they were just part of a fishing community. "Little Chau," he called in Noi Long, the endearment one of respect "What are you doing with these strangers on the land? Must we go call the warriors?"
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Somewhere half-way through Gerrard tirade, Elvira stifled a yawn, spending the next couple of clickers examining her fingernails, pondering how she really ought to clean those and make them look less black and more, well clean. It was all an act, but that man was starting to seriously piss her off, by being so sickeningly determined to be right and to know everything. Next thing I know he will start ordering me to wash the dishes or something. Maybe the master would like me to wash his feet or feet him sweets in a sexy, ladylike fashion. UGH. "Sorry, but there is something I need to know. You say you are well endowed and I was wondering if you compared yourself to other men? The actual method interests me. Did you face each other and compare them side by side or something?"

Then Aislinn joined the crowd and Elvira once more had to stifle a groan, finding the pair of them much like lost pair of kittens in need of a mommy cat to carry them around, and it looked like she was to be that mommy. Before the Gerrard could say anything to her, she turned and gave her a rather frustrated run-down of the situation. "Yes, we are from the Harpy and yes I was part of the crew, though wearing a saber does not make me one. That there is Gerrard, the girl is Chau, and I am Elvira. It is so very lovely to meet you and yes we would love to know your name." She was talking swiftly, not truly caring if the girl managed to follow her words, wanting to get the idiocy out of the way so she could find a nice inn, a good bath and then start figuring how she could earn some money off the locals. "We are so happy to know you. Oh, and those guys there are fishermen and you are free to use the water skin, just don't drink too much or you will get sick." At that point she ran out of breath, but luckily she was just about done with all she needed to say. "Any questions?" She was vaguely aware of the locales talking in their gibberish lingo, but did not quite care right now.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Burdened by her handicap, Aislinn didn't have the energy to rebuff the proffered shoulder. The hand that didn't clasp her bit of stick stretching out for Chau's shoulder, obscurely grateful even as she resented being at another's mercy. Dinna be fashed, ye bairn... Regardless, this stranger seemed a far cry from the pirates, and any figure that might lend her distance she was prepared to greet with open arms.

A faint smile crept over features weighed with weariness, a slight cessation of discomfort as another bore some of her weight. "Thank ye, lass, Chau..." she murmured raspily as Elvira's monologue proceeded, sharp and bitter as smelling salts, and serving to jolt her mind a trifle. Her ruddy brows lowered as she sorted the woman in her memories, vague but present amongst the crew.

"Ye're... El... th' Cap'n's...." her voice stilled, more embarrassed at nearly blurting out the sudden recognition than over Gerrard's state of undress. Her quieter tones returned moments later, a trifle more firmly, though it seemed her tongue was getting a bit tangled, her brogue and 'R's rumbling together in jovial disarray. "M'name's 'Ash-linn Oo`Coon'ill', an' I'd f'rgo th' pleasure o' y'r comp'ny, miss, though m'thinks Gerrard an' mysel' ha' a bi' in common..." There, ye've gone an' concussed y'self... no sense mumblin' more if'n they cannae make out yourn words...

Her vibrantly hued orbs turned to look at Chau, expectantly, releasing her wooden prop as she became more certain of the steady figure at her side. "Heal'r? Lass?" Her palm lifted, displaying nicks and a small gash on her forearm, before her fingers shifted to touch the various injuries upon her head, where bruises were clearly already forming beneath pale, lightly freckled features. The tip of a hefty goose egg peeped from beneath her hairline. "Heal'r?" The word emerged, a questioning tone as she hoped the foreigner would grasp what she asked.

Her gaze flickered to Gerrard, who seemed to be sporting quite a few injuries himself and it was with a spasm of regret she realized it was in no state to offer assistance. Spirit chafing at the burden she felt to be, the clanswoman tried to focus her thoughts more, striving to take in the surroundings and strange mainlanders.
Last edited by Aislinn O`Conaill on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The two other outlanders continued to bicker as Chau helped the newest arrival. Really, one would think they would be bonded by their common misfortune rather than fight among each other like tigers over a water buffalo. A savage people they were, but now they were guests here, and it was simply good manners to show kindness to guests, was it not? Perhaps they too would return the favour some day - though she doubted she would ever travel further than Long Bay. The red-haired woman spoke in a strangely slurred manner, possibly as a consequence of her injuries. It resembled the language spoken by the other two, but seemed more gruff and mumbly, like she had a handful of pebbles in her mouth. Chau had no idea which part of the woman's mumbling was her name. Perhaps Hee Lur? It was obvious she was injured, and more severely than the others.

Chau's large black eyes met the woman's pleading gaze and twinkled as she offered her a comforting smile, accompanied by a gentle hug. She steered her to a spot near Ger Rard and El Wai Ra and slowly sat her down on the sand, motioning to her that she should lie down and rest. Chau did not have the skills or the means to heal her injuries, but she knew that it was smart to rest if you hit your head. Someone in the Field would know what to do - or a healer could be found in the city. She opened her waterskin and gave the woman a sip of the water before washing the cuts and gashes on her arm out.

As one of the fishermen approached and gently chastised her for approaching the outlanders, Chau sighed. Perhaps she was acting rashly, but she couldn't stand back and watch people suffer, even if they were savages like these. Also, she was both trusting and confident that the bruised and battered foreigners could not overpower her, even with blades. They seemed ore intent on fighting each other than her, in any case.

"I am helping people in need, oang. They may be foreign and ill-mannered, but I do not think they mean us harm. Do not call the warriors.", she told the fisherman who stepped forward, "They are far from home, hurt, lost, angry. There are people in the city who speak their tongue - we shall take them there and see if there is a way for them to safely return to their empire. Until then... I shall have them as guests on my boat. If they betray my hospitality, then I shall make dealing with them my responsibility."

She bowed slightly to the fisherman. Chau may have been young, but she was now an independent woman with her own houseboat, onboard which she could have anyone she pleased.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

As he approached, the fisherman gained faintly familiar features. It was Nguyen Ha Kim, one of her many neighbours. The man was not one to be hasty with his 53 yahren, his wife in possession of several boats while he was in charge of repairing nets and keeping the boats in good shape. He had always appeared thoughtful and quiet. Their status was a complex thing to consider, because he was a man and not an owner of boats, while at the same time he was older, grey hairs demanding respect, and his wife outranked her by reason of her wealth.

Kim gave Chau a respectful bow, recognizing her honour. By accepting the strangers as her guests she had bound her fate to them and courtesy demanded they be treated as they would treat her. "It will be as you say Little Chau. I will fetch the others to help your honored guests with their things."

The old sinewy man regarded the strangers for a moment, then upon reflection, gave them the tiniest of bows as well, folding his hands before his chest "May harmony be your path."
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Gerrard was annoyed by Elvira's disinterest, but maybe he deserved it. He didn't make it easier on her, neither did she make it easier on him though. Whatever the case, as she started about comparing endowments, he roared in laughter. "No Elvira, they just told me to say that." he said, extending his hand toward her. "Let's bury our problems and see what we can make of the situation, miss?" he asked, smiling. The woman might've been annoying, but at least she had a good sense of humor too. Gerrard liked that in the fiery woman.

It was then that the redheaded woman dawned on him. He didn't notice her before, but she seemed to be in an even worse state then he was in. "Well met, milady." he said to her as he kneeled aside her, looking at the gash in her arm and the several knicks and bruises. "I'm no healer, but there are basic things most people know. Let me see if I can be of any help." he said, smiling at her.

As he turned toward the native girl, he saw the old men bowing to them and saying something that, in regards of the bow, would probably be positive. He bowed his head toward the man, "Well met, kind sir.". "Chau," he said as he turned to the native girl, and pointed the waterskin, "Water, please?"
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

With a smirk that soon turned into a grin, Elvira took the offered hand and shook it, her palm well callused from months spent working around the boat, nodding. "As long as you don't call me a pirate, we are well." Then the man moved over to the red-haired girl who all but called Vi the captain's lay, which while technically correct was still not the exact truth. She bowed to the black robed man stiffly and murmured something that could have been close to what he said, but in reality she was just mumbling melodically, trying to mimic his motions. A plan was hatching in her achy head and for it to work she needed the locals to be friendly.

Sighing and mumbling something that could have been Men she moved to Gerrard's side and slapped his hands away, nudging him aside with her shoulder. "Pfffft. I'm no healer, but there are basic things most people know." She did her best impersonation of Gerrard's voice, her tone dripping with sarcasm, though she flashed him a smile at the end. "Just get me some cloth and water. Only the lump on her head could be serious, and the gash on the forearm will need to be stitched." Not quite gently, she grasped the woman's chin and turned Aislinn's head this way, looking for more lumps and gashes. "Now, don't you tell me men from the Harpy did this to you. They were bastards, but they kept you on board so it means they judged you worth a ransom. Just like the annoying little git at my side. And this thing here, honey, could very well kill you." She touched around the lump on the girl's head, trying to see if it was hot and already wondering where she could find some ice to reduce the swelling.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

As soon as Chau had finished rinsing her wounds, flushing lingering bits of sand and sea muck from them, Gerrard and Elvira seemed to turn to her as one. Her head swam, her arm extending to the warm sand by her side, the pain and aches in her head congealing nauseatingly in her middle, not helped by the salt water she had ingested.

Irritation was swamped by the sudden desire not to embarrass herself with any further displays of weakness. Though there was little enough for her stomach to reject, she swallowed carefully, the tip of her tongue wetting her lips as she forced the bile down.

"M' bag.. th' herb... prob'y ruin't... bu' a twig o' ging'r f'r nausea... think've rattl'd th' bonnie brains fra' me 'ead."

As Elvira turned her head, Aislinn's eyes saw double of the woman, the pupils of one eye markedly larger than the other.

"Jostl'd a bi' i' th' blust'r, cannae swim. Taken fra' th' abbey t' 'slay..." Her lips quivered briefly, speech halting as she steadied a stomach about to revolt.

The bag Aislinn mentioned as a sorry, soaked satchel of leather stretching from her left shoulder and pooling in the sand at her right hip. It was tied carefully closed with knotted bits of leather, but clearly not water-tight.

Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Kim walked away, talking to the other fishermen, who still threw them curious glances. Then the three of them approached the group again, picking up any belongings that were strewn about, and starting to gesturing towards the jungle, where a small path could be seen. “Little Chau, tell them we mean no harm,” Kim smiled, somewhat forced, trying to be non threatening. He still expected to be attacked at any minute.

Meanwhile Elvira might have noticed the heat. Ice was therefore not in the vicinity. The bump on Aislins head, though impressive in size, was not particularly hot, so there was no immediate threat. The wounds were clean now, since Chau had dutifully washed them. The water was already restoring their spirits somewhat, even though the sun still burned their skins, reflected to so heavily on the white sand. The jungle beckoned as some place cooler. The locals certainly seemed eager for them to go that way, smiling, bowing and pointing that way repeatedly.

Chau knew that Kim was gesturing to the path that would lead towards Long Danh over a collection of small dykes and wooden bridges.

Return to “Long Danh archive”