The Return - Jygust 30 - TT

Terra West is the continent that stretches from the rolling grasslands of the Western Kingdom, the icy peaks of the Howling Ice Mountains hiding the Kingdoms of Khan and Kaza Rhun to the dragoninfested desert of Terra Incognita. To the North one can find the woodlands that house the mysterious Adhiel and the swamp that harbor Orcs. T'aquar is open as a starting location for players.

Moderators: Vanadius, Morg, Mods

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

The Return - Jygust 30 - TT

Post by Vanadius »

The survivors, lead by E'uinn, crossed over the River Gate and past the outer boundaries of the Central Weald. It had been a while since Thrandil had set foot here. It remained largely the same as he recalled, but E'uinn explained something far different than what he was used to.

"Now we're passing what we call the outer boundaries. There is at least another mark's walk to the inner boundaries, and there is a very important distinction. No living thing has set foot within the inner boundaries uninvited and lived. You will want to stay close at that point. The Thorns will not allow you to pass without my consent, so do not stray."

"This is perhaps quite different than what you might recall. After Taloh Tel'Amrun fell, we retreated to the forest's heart. You have no doubt seen those blackened remains, but you are about to see the new home of the Adhiel, and the source of our power. Elevie is forever tied to the past and the old places in the forest, and that gives the rest of us the strength and power to seek the future. The boundaries were created to ward off losing more ground to humans. The Thorns guard the boundaries like sentries on a wall. Unless you have been trained, the boundaries are invisible to the naked eye, but mark my words, they are stronger than anything you have ever encountered. The old waystones might give you a hint and a suggestion of where these lines are, so use your memory of them as a guide. Once we are inside, we'll get you attuned and all will be well after that."

Several Warders approached, reporting that Elevie had been brought within the outer boundary a mark ago, and would be waiting to see him. A sigh of relief escaped his normally stoic demeanor and he smiled.

"Young Eldan." The Achlaroiliu beckoned the warrior to come closer with a wave of his hand.

"We shall get you attuned as well. I intend to name you a Warder for your efforts, and if Theorn disagrees with me, you can serve on my personal staff if you wish."
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

Eldan traipsed along, exhausted from a long day. His mind was numb, but his thoughts traveled along may courses. He thought momentarily of Evyn, the human boy he had encountered, a bit curious as to the fate of the child. Then they continued onto the battle, and the dead. He thought of Ami, and looked briefly at the sword at his hip, once hers. It had been a long day, and looked like it will still be longer.

A short distance away from the Achlaroiliu, he listened in as the leader explained the way of things now to the one called Thrandil. Things he had heard before. Things that sparked a bit of anger in him. It's all the humans fault, that we must go to such measures. Ignorant, short sighted and greedy, thats all they are. He breathed in deep, remembering the looks Theorn had given him back when they found the boy, when he expressed his feelings, and let out a soft sigh. Be careful, he chastised himself, lest you become like them as well.

He heard his name. Looking over, he saw E'uinn motioning for him to come closer. He angled his course to intercept the beckoning Adhiel. The words of the leader brought a small smile to his face. His reply was soft and short. "I would like that, my lord."
They will all pay, in blood, for what they did to beloved Taloh...

Posting Availability: Just about every day, unless work prevents it.
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil listened carefully as he walked alongside E'uinn. Nodding his head upon several of the comments he made about the way the known forests were reshaped into a magical stronghold for the Adhiel. His heart missed a few beats upon the notion of Elevie being tied to the past, his eyes watery. He shook his shoulders, as if it would shake the feeling and E'uinn's words off of him.

"E'uinn, once I'm... attuned, is there a time I can speak to you privately? And where do you place me in the new Adhiel society? I do not mean to be arrogant, but I want to prove myself to you, T'aquar and..." he said, his voice dieing down as he lost his will to speak.

Looking at the Prince of old, he said, somewhat hesitant, "Will she... can she love, E'uinn?". It would be clear to E'uinn that the Panling was talking about Elevie.

In the meantime, his head was trying to remember every waystone he had known and seen as a Guardsman. He was one of the last members of the Emerald Guard who had truly walked these woods before they were set on fire.

Thran remained silent, his will to speak completely lost by the thoughts of Elevie bound to the past. His mouth feeling dry, his limbs heavy. He loves her, and he knew deep down inside that once, she loved him too.

As the Achlaroiliu beckoned Eldan closer, Thran fell back. He was no soldier, probably not even considered one of them by many of those who had not before fought alongside him or under his command. No, if E'uinn didn't ask for his presence, Thran would be walking behind the two, vigilant after the attack, ready to defend the prince, but as a soldier, not an officer.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

E'uinn seemed pleased by Eldan's response.

"Good, I shall like that very much as well." He said with a grin, giving the warrior a warm pat on the shoulder. "It's settled then."

Thrandil's request seemed to take the Adhiel leader aback for a moment. He gave a short nod to Qurraine and Eldan and pulled Thrandil over to where they could walk and speak more privately. Clearly back home, the Raidhiel leader was much more comfortable, and offered no argument for E'uinn's safety.

They walked off at an angle, pulling away from the others so that they were still in sight, yet none could overhear their conversation. The question of Elevie seemed to strike a chord with the Achlaroiliu, and he took the second part of Thrandil's comments first.

"You ask a difficult question Thrandil Mael-Muire. When I said before that she was bound to the past, I meant it very clearly and succinctly. Her spirit is now forever tied to who we once were as a people. If you think on that, you can see that she has undertaken a burden that few, if any of us, can ever understand. Her life, her soul, her very essence bears the pain and shame of our defeat and destruction. She feels every death. She mourns every loss. Her spirit is that of Taloh Tel'Amrun. The outside is calm and peaceful, but inside are the fires that consumed our fair city."

He held a tree branch aside so they could walk through untouched.

"Can she love? I have no doubt that she can... and does. But the ways she loves is unlike anything you or I have ever seen before, and perhaps none will see ever again. As long as she lives she will bear this burden, and be cloaked in the pain and death of Taloh Tel'Amrun. So you must ask yourself, are you willing to share that pain and haul that load? Loving her means binding your own spirit to that as well. Think on that carefully my friend."

"As for your place? Worry less about it. When we reach the Wellspring, and the Sacred Heart of the Evergreen, you will have your answer, for it is far more your decision than mine."
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil followed E'uinn closely as the fighter explained more about Elevie. A terrible fate for one so pure and young... for Adhiel at least. Now and then pushing a branch aside himself, he pondered about the possibilities. He had loved her all along since he met her. He had done things for her that he had objected to in his heart, but needed to do for her. They had somehow connected, back on the Attica. It is where he believed she saw clear emotions in her. Emotions that showed more about them. He was but a guard though. Not nearly high enough to think about more than being a bodyguard.

"I will make a wise decision when the Heart is reached." Thrandil said, sighing as his thoughts went back to Elevie.

"E'uinn, I... I lost her once, even though there was no chance of us being together. I lied about my past to keep her safe from harm. I lost her and T'aquar as I knew it." he continued. "I am willing to carry any burden for her... Love conquers all, if it's true." he added, and fell silent again.

"There was recognition, sir, as I spoke to her in the forest. Recognition and more... as if she felt the same as she did a long time ago, as we sailed the Mer." he said, a tear rolling down each cheek. "I'd rather carry the pains and deaths of T'aquar than to watch her go buy, feelings raging inside me, but being unable to show them."

"I pledge you now my sword and my life, if only Elevie can love me." he said, partly unsheathing his sword.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

Eldan's heart was warmed by the Achlaroiliu's statement. As E'uinn and Thrandil spit off, Eldan thought of things to come. Perhaps with a leader such as E'uinn, things might turn around for the Adhiel. With his new sword he could help throw off the yoke of human oppression. Perhaps finally be able to live a life in peaceful harmony with the forest. Doubtful things would ever get that good, but one could hope. He had many, many yahren ahead of him. He would probably outlive the youngest of newborn human children by a hundred yahren or more. Time was on his side.

And yet time was also against him. A forest can only heal so fast, and if the humans continued their desecration of it, how much of it would be left in a yahren, or five, or ten, or a hundred. If action wasn't taken, and taken soon, their might not be a forest left for the Adhiel. Or Adhiel left for the forest. Drastic measures for drastic times.

What we need to do is strike the humans in their own homes, see how they like it. Force them to see what it is they are doing. A bit of their own poison directed back at them.

Yes, that was exactly what needed to be done. It was with these thoughts that Eldan continued on their trek.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

E'uinn gave Thrandil a sympathetic look.

"I would accept your sword and your life, but I cannot speak for her feelings. Only she can know what lies in the depths of her heart."

A Raidhiel came running forward, interrupting the pair.

"Apologies Achlaroiliu. We are nearing the inner boundary. The Thorns have reported that they have pushed it out further than expected."

E'uinn looked at Thrandil and the messenger a look that was full of both surprise and pleasure.

"Good. Have you told them about Elevie and the others?"

"Yes my lord."

"Excellent. I shall need to speak with them about attuning new members of the Raidhiel." He clapped Thrandil on the back warmly.

"Let us greet them together, shall we?"

As they made their way over back towards the main group, the Achlaroiliu signaled for Eldan to come closer.

Three figures stood unmoving in the path before them. They were shrouded in green cloaks and mist hung about them, making any clear distinction about them difficult to ascertain. E'uinn moved forward, but stopped at a respectful distance.

"You have unattuned with you Achlaroiliu." A female voice said. It was unclear if the voice was heard coming from one of the figures, or from the very trees themselves.

"Yes I do. They are my charges, and I wish them attuned as members of the Raidhiel." E'uinn replied.

"Step forward." The voice commanded.

Eyes of the party turned towards Eldan and Thrandil, waiting for their next move.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"I know you can't, E'uinn. It's not as much a requirement as I made it seem. I apologise." he said, holding the pommel of the sword out to E'uinn still when the Raidhiel came running towards them. As the Adhiel had spoken, Thran's expression changed from serious to anxious. Not too far I hope. No need for the Forest to attack me. Or would the Mother control them? Probably not. Can't take a risk. he thought and stayed close to the Achlaroiliu, sheathing his sword again.

"Sire." Thran said, his face all serious, giving the prince a nod of thanks, not spending more words than are needed. E'uinn knew what honor it would be for Thran to once again fight for the same cause as he did before. A different organisation, but the cause is the same: Taquar.

"Yes, E'uinn. We shall." the Panling approved, his body adjusting his posture a bit to being part of the Adhiel's elite fighters once again. In a whisper he added "On a sidenote, can I call you E'uinn, or would you rather have me call you Achlaroiliu, Prince?"

Thrandil looked towards Eldin, giving the patrol member a nod of approval and an acknowledging smile. As he had done so, the former Lieutenant stepped forward, two paces, closing his feet together, standing rigid, chin up, looking straight forward, arms close to his body. After all, the young man was a warrior and had been part of a ceremonial unit of elite warriors.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

As E'uinn motioned for him, Eldan made his way back towards the Adhiel leader, and Thrandil. When he spotted the three figures ahead, he smiled, for they were obviously close to their destination.

When the voice spoke, a shiver ran down Eldan's spine. It was almost as if the very forest spoke. He listened intently to the exchange between the Achlaroiliu and the figures.

At the command to step forward, Eldan glanced tentatively at the Adhiel ruler and Thrandil. Bolstered by the latter's smile, he returned one of his own, and mimicked the veteran, stepping forward with confidence.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The ritual had not been witnessed by anyone outside the forested realm, nor would any see it unbidden. The cloaked beings came forward to prick the palms of the two warriors with sharp knives and then collected a few drops of blood from each in earthen bowls. The three then gathered together in a tight circle, foreheads nearly touching as they chanted and swayed.

At first, both Eldan and Thrandil only felt the gentle burn of the small cuts in their palms, but as the ritual wore on, the burning intensified and grew stronger and hotter, as if a poison began to work its way through their bodies. Breathing became more difficult, vision began to blur and swirl. The trees themselves began to sway and dance, and the deepening green began to flood and control their sight like a verdant tide they were drowning in. The chanting of the cloaked figures fell away, receding into silence until only the familiar chirps and chatter of birds and woodland creatures could be heard. The green mist that obscured their sight fell away as well, as quickly as a curtain that had been pulled from a rod.

A single cloaked figure stood before them, the rest of the people were gone. Beneath the hood, eyes flashed silver, points of light in the dim gloom under the recesses of the hood. The hands came up, beckoning them for them to come forward.

~~Eldan~~

The voice in his head was that of a woman. Her voice carried a gentle lilt, and musical against the sounds of the forest. There was a familiar quality to it, yet it was nothing like anything or anyone he had heard of before.

"I have been watching you. Your flames of hatred burn bright. You would war with a people that nearly destroyed us. My question is, can you temper that flame? Can you forge a future from that fire? Or are you determined to fall like a star? Strong and bright at first, then fade into oblivion..."

~~Thrandil~~

The voice in his head was that of a woman. Her voice carried a gentle lilt, and musical against the sounds of the forest. There was a familiar quality to it, yet it was nothing like anything or anyone he had heard of before.

"You have returned from far away lands, unwittingly bringing back a past that no longer exists and seeking a future that can never be. You have hunted those dearest to our people, and treated with our most desperate of enemies. Can you find what has yet come to pass in what once was? Can you find freedom in slavery?"
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

Eldan instinctively flinched when his palm was pricked, a slight grimace on his face, gone as quick as it came. The grimace returned as the ritual continued, his hand burning more and more, the feeling spreading through him.

He began to feel unnerved when his sight started to fail him, first blurring, then gone all together to a greenish mist. He could hear only the ambient sounds of the forest, the native creatures chittering in their own tongues. Then sight returned. A lone figure motioned them forward, and Eldan complied.

The voice was female, like deja vu but so much more. Its words struck true, reminiscent of the words of Theorn.

"It is hard not to hate them," Eldan cried, "they took my home from me, and oppress my people." His face had a look of anguish. "I try not to hate them, because it makes me more like them, but it is hard not to." He took a slow, deep breath, calming himself to his normal state. "But I will do what I must for the Adhiel, for T'aquar."

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

~Eldan~

The figure came closer still and Eldan could see that it was indeed a woman. Her hands were slim and fragile looking, like they would shatter off the ends of her wrists if something struck them too hard. Most of her face was still obscured, but he could see the noble point of her chin and the swan like neck that supported it.

The she turned just enough where he could see the scars.

What should have been delicate and silky skin, it was dead and mottled shades of gray. The left half of her neck and face had been burned or melted, and now she bore the grim and horrible reminder of that awful fire.

"Hate is the currency of the abyss. The swirling, seething mass spits out hatred in unending amount. It cries out for more and the hate that is picked up and carried feeds it all the more. Its like a river flowing into a sea. More and more until it will swallow us all."

She reached out towards him, her palm offering something slim and silver in her hand.

"You will do what you must." She echoed flatly. "What if that means laying aside your vengeance and casting off your chain of hatred? What if the Adhiel need you to find a mate, and bear children, and grow new green things in the earth? What if what T'aquar needs is peace, and quiet and calm? Can you still the fire within? Can you beat out the flames with simply daily chores and find serenity in service to your fellow Adhiel?"

"Can you tend to Atara Arda's garden here, and abandon everything you long for?"

She fell silent, a wan smile twisting the corners of her mouth.
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

Eldan extended his own hand towards hers, reaching for the silver object in her hand.

"Those are the things I desire most. I fight to make them possible one day." He paused, thoughtful. "If I said I could, it would probably be a lie. I am trying, but I am not yet ready to lay down the sword."

He hung his head in shame, thinking he had failed some test, but couldn't lie, either to himself, or the figure before him.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The thing she held out to him was a pin. It was small and delicate, for use in holding a cloak or cape, or perhaps even worn ornamentally. She offered no explanation, or answer to why she was giving it to him, or its purpose.

When he took it, a warmth enveloped his hand. Like a warm glove over exposed skin in winter. The sensation of warmth began to travel up his arm slow and steady.

"And what if I told you that those things were possible now? What if I told you that you would never have to take up the sword or bow, and that you could live your life here in peace?"

A pause, a heartbeat.

"Or what if it were a command? An order to follow? Would you, could you lay down the sword then? What would it take? Money? Love? Peace? Freedom? What would it take for you to walk away, and let the fire of your vengeance gutter and die?"

The warmth reached his chest and he could feel it in his chest cavity. It felt like a blanket being wrapped around him.
Last edited by Vanadius on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil had been silent for a while, tieing the cut made now to the one Draesl had made in King's Court, binding him to the necklace, enabling Draydis and him to see into the recent past.

"You see what none has seen, yet my bond with the Mother is at question. I am chosen by her to serve her Son, I am chosen by her to be a part of nature's balancing forces." he said, noting himself as a Bloodling as well as mentioning the Horn.

"I have hunted to bring back balance to the world, yet you question my intent. I have treated with humans, but as much as Atara Arda has several faces, ranging from mirth to sorrow, so have the humans. The few true men have a common enemy with us and have fought them with us. I may not find what I want to find, I may not feel free, but I will be with those I love and carry their pain so they may feel none. I will put my abilities to the test for T'aquar and I will do as is needed. I will find peace in my duties, if not freedom in my mind. Freedom is found where the trees can grow in every direction, where squirrels can roam for their food without harm and where Adhiel can live without worry. If I can help reach that goal, I will do as asked." he answered lengthy, but explaining why he was in a bad light in the eyes of these Adhiel.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Eldan
Civus

Post by Eldan »

The feeling after he took the pin was strange but wonderful and intriguing as well. He closed his hand over it and let his arm fall back to his side.

"Of course they are possible, but some are meant to take a different path. As much as I may want such things, I must continue to walk the path of a warrior until I believe my people are truly safe. And that day is not today, nor do I see it in the near future."

Eldan lifted his head back up, his eyes watering with tears. The questions the figure asked tore at his soul, questions that brought the most conflict within the heart of the young adhiel.

"I do not know. I should like to believe my loyalty is unquestioning, but perhaps in a different manner. If such an order came, I would only follow it if my heart told me it was the right thing to do. While it is one's duty to follow orders from those above us, it is a greater duty to follow one's heart. My heart tells me to fight."

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

~Eldan~

The warmth he felt continued to spread throughout his body, flowing down into his legs like water over a cliff.

"A warrior cannot exist without a war and if you will fight until you believe that T'aquar is safe, then lay down your weapons and call yourself a warrior no more. No living thing has sent foot within our sacred Weald unbidden. Dangers exist, but they do not threaten."

The feeling within him suddenly ran cold and icy.

"I can see your heart Eldan son of Eldan. You would make more war and forge the same misery and sorrow upon them as they did upon us. Will that bring your loved ones back? Will that give us our precious Taloh Tel'Amrun back?"

The feeling grew colder still, causing him to shiver and tremble.

"This one's heart and mind are beyond redemption. He cannot join the Great Houses until his waters run smooth and calm. Place him with the House of Thorns."

Her last words were about him, but not to him. The green curtain surrounded him again. Once again his breathing became difficult, his vision began to blur and swirl. The trees began to sway and dance and the deepening green began to flood and control his sight like a verdant tide he was drowning in. When the curtain fell away this time, he found himself lying on his back, staring at the sky.

A figure knelt near him, but it was not the woman he had been speaking with. Instead, it was a man of an age that was difficult to determine. The lines and creases in his face suggested great wisdom and experience, but the way he moved indicated the strength and vitality of a much younger Adhiel.

"Welcome to the House of Thorns. I am called Yari. When you are ready, we shall begin our trek to M'oibh Eort."

Yari stood and let Eldan have some space. The forest around him seemed different. The light above was bluish white, illuminating everything in the trees and land around him to the point where it was almost glowing. There were no shadows, nor was there anything hidden from his gaze. It was almost as if the leaves on the branches were invisible, and he could see everything around him in the strange cobalt light.

OOC: Feel free to reply, but then your story will continue here;

~Thrandil~

The gray colored cloak the figure wore stood out against the leafy green canopy all around. The woman who wore it, and now Thrandil could clearly see that it was a woman by the point of her chin, a slim, fragile ear and the curve of her graceful neck as she stood nearly motionless. She held something out to him and he instant recognized a comb that had belonged to his mother. Jaant had worn the comb often in her hair, and the memory of it came back to him in a flash. The brief image of his mother’s face came unbidden to his mind, and he could see her as she was then as clearly as if she were standing there now.

"Balance can only be achieved when forces are equal. Such a task is beyond our talents to achieve. The scales will not and can not be tipped with death and combat. Do you fear life so much, that you must end it in an attempt to control such destinies?
Two points of silvery fire danced and flickered under her dark hood.

"You have built walls up in your heart and mind Thrandil Mael-Muire. What once was is lost. What shall be, can only be found if you open the gates and let the walls become sand beneath your feet. Can you face being overrun by your enemies? Can you tear down the bricks of your mind and let the enemy truly within? Can you let yourself embrace the enemy and fall into oblivion?”
Last edited by Vanadius on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Tears welled up in his eyes as he recognized the comb that he was shown. It had many memories to it. Memories of home, of Pan's Isle, of his childhood.

"I do not fear life or death. Both are part of the Mother and happen when her will is set to it. I did as requested, as I was taught. I do not want to control destinies, but will use what power I have to honour what is and shall be. I am but a stone thrown into a pond, insignificant, able to cause mere ripples, but part of a larger whole, able to withstand what comes as my surroundings smoothen my edges." he said.

"I embrace my enemy and their culture as much as my own, for how can I fight what I do not know? I can be overtaken, overrun, trampled, but as long as my heart beats, no matter how slow and faint, there is hope. I can tear myself down, or can be torn down, only to learn from what happened, what happens, what I see happening. One can have me fall where I must, but I will crawl back up a better adhiel, in body, mind and soul." the young adhiel continued, his will to fight the humans gone, his will for a free T'aquar present, but he would go to any cost and through anything they would have him go through in order to achieve it. Life as a commoner couldn't be that hard if worse came to worse.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

"Must it always be a fight?"

She took a step closer, setting the comb down carefully on a nearby, moss covered rock.

"I have yet to see you embrace your culture Thrandil Mael-Muire. Since you have been in our midst, you have been willful and disobedient as you have struggled with what once was against what is now."

"Always with you it is measured in who stands with you and who stands against you. When will the veil over your eyes be lifted? When will you begin to see that you are with your people? In your mind and in your heart you separate us. We are not your enemy. You would do well to stop treating us as such."

She took another step closer, her bare feet inching her way towards him slowly.

"We are all Adhiel here. We are your family. We are all one and of the same people. Will you not let that blow land?"
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"What fight is there to be had, when one is truly loved? When one does anything he can for love? What fight is there then, following total surrender?" he said, as his eyes followed the whereabouts of the comb.

"What was, remains, in our minds. What is, has been crafted anew, binding us. My people are spread over Tazlure, it's cities, it's forests, it's meadows, it's rolling hills, it's waters. I do not separate and have no enemies of my own blood. I do take responsibility for my wrongs and am willing to atone for them, to work for my reputation. I am merely hard on myself, striving to do better to survive and earn my place."

"It is not that I do not value the tongue of my brothers and sisters, but my conscience is looking for approval, waiting for rejuvenation. Your taking me into your midst does that for me. I have spent months to get as far as I am now and my only goal is cleansing of my soul. Your words are like a waterfall, washing away the sin with each word spoken. I would not fight for what I don't believe in, for what is not part of me. I could stand by idly, yet here I am, asking your permission to enter the Heart. Enter a new life with brothers and sisters alike, do my thing in harmony with our people and act where actions are needed."

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

"You continue to rationalize what you cannot or will not understand. Listen to how you continue to shield yourself with failure, and cloak yourself with doubt."

Another step closer. If she lunged forward, she could touch him with an outstretched arm.

"What approval do you need here? What permission do you seek?"
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"I... I seek Elevie. Her approval of me. Her love if she's willing to give it. I seek to bond with her, paying every price I need to. I seek to lead a group of elite men and women to keep this forest safe. Yes, it's true that I do not easily lay down my weapons, but when I know that safety is assured, I will. Or when a different duty is expected of me."

"I know that here, in the lands of the reborn Adhiel, I can be happy. Happy with a family of brothers and sisters that are not bonded by blood, but by something higher. I want to serve our race in any way that would bring us to a peaceful existence."

His hands were folded behind his back, feet a bit apart from one another. "Decide over me as you please and will follow your words. Let me help my kin."

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

"I am not your judge Thrandil Mael-Muire, far from it."

The woman stopped her progress forward towards Thrandil, suddenly halting herself at his words. She stood still and silent for a long while, perhaps the space of a few burns before she spoke again.

"You need to choose, for the options you have presented are contrary and opposed to one another. Leading Warders into battle is a difficult choice. Our enemies are many, and our allies few. We are surrounded, out matched, out maneuvered and all but defeated. It is a choice that could perhaps take your life, and the people of T'aquar would surely perish behind your fallen shield. The entire light in the forest lives and breathes at the safety they provide."

"But bonding with Elevie is a choice that would cost far more than you can imagine. It is not a physical danger, but a spiritual one, a great threat to both of you. If she were to truly return your love, she would never willingly allow you to enter in to such a dangerous compact. The cost could very well be both your heart and souls. If you love her as you say you do, then think on this question. Would you allow her to risk her own destruction by following this path? Or would you counsel her to another course?"

She turned away, pivoting on her heel and began to walk away.

"The choice must be yours and yours alone. One choice I can easily bring to pass and the life you risk is but your own. The other has no certainty, no surety, and could destroy you both. Choose now."

Return to “Terra West”