I started thinking oneday...

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Marlight

I started thinking oneday...

Post by Marlight »

Since the player interaction level is so low i was thinking you could spread the word of this sight in the threads of other sites to recruit more players. Yes i know that the mods would have a harder time but you could bring in some more of those too. Aslo i was thinking that you could set dates so that most players would log on so there would be a lot of interaction. Yes this brings up the mod thing again but tell me what you think. These obviously aren/t suggestions because there to big to even take into consideration, they're just thoughts... meant to influence.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Dear Marlight,

This site is about having fun and creating a story together, not about speed.
Our site is run ONLY by volunteers, who gladly give their spare time, so that others can have fun.
We do not need to grow to the largest RP-site, we do not wish to exhaust our mods, we are grateful for all the time they invest to make Tazlure to what it is.

PS, could you PLEASE use a spellcheck. I am no native speaker, so for me, misspellings are very hard to understand.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Marlight

Okay

Post by Marlight »

Okay, I guess I understand your reasoning fro that. Thanks for reading it anyway, you guys are doing a great job. Oh, and will do on the spellcheck.
Stefano Amendola

Post by Stefano Amendola »

Indeed, although what might be interesting at some point would be a live action IRC based roleplay. Although it would be a bit of work to set up so I suppose after I become less of a new player to tazlure I could apply for designer and try to see if that could ever be done.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Marlight wrote:Since the player interaction level is so low i was thinking you could spread the word of this sight in the threads of other sites to recruit more players.

Well, we advertise at certain sites specifically designed for that purpose such as rpg.net. I lament the loss of pbem.com which was a good source. Right now its our google placement that is harvesting the most new players. We need to constantly refresh our player group because realistically there are always players who fade away after two or three months.

Please do not spam other RPG sites unless they specifically allow advertising for other games. Many sites don't (nor do we) because they don't want other people using their resources for their own purposes.

Basically .. I like how Tazlure is right now. We have an international audience that is able to keep with it because we have a posting rate that allows for real life, and with over 250 active players we are one of the biggest sites in our section of the market (PBP fantasy). Lowering our standards would gather us many more players, but that's less fun... and in the end that is why we do it.. to have fun ourselves :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Stefano,

We've tried IRC roleplay and it didn't go over well at all. Eventually, it was abandoned for what we do best: thoughtful posts where you have time to muse and consider what you will write and how it will be written. We are about writing and writing well.

:D
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Marlight

cool

Post by Marlight »

extremely well put!
Stefano Amendola

Post by Stefano Amendola »

well you certainly have that on IRC as well, but I suppose this conversation is reserved for when and if I ever become a game designer. My idea would be to do something like The Roost on IRC, but again, it's a discussion for a later time.
Tygress
Retired Game Designer

Post by Tygress »

The Roost was originally an IRC companion to Tazlure. It's that experiment that did not garner the results or enthusiasm that was anticipated, thus why it ended up in the boards instead :)
[url=http://tygress.livejournal.com/]Tygress[/url]||[color=green][i]Tygress Who?![/i][/color]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

And there you have it straight from the mouth of the one who diligently attempted to make it happen. *hugs Tygs*

:D

Stefano - if you and others wanted to get together in IRC and make up your own stories, you are certainly welcome. We certainly don't control what you do outside of Taz. The Roost after all, is a collection of stories our members created outside the Tazlurian realm, or perhaps inside the Tazlurian world, but with characters outside the ones they play. I think of it as sort of fan fiction type roleplaying.

If you wanted to open up an IRC tavern where characters can gather to chat IC-like you are welcomed to do that as well.

I would go so far as to say (and my fellow GDs will thwap me if I err), that you could even post a note in banter stating that you'd like to do some Taz setting role playing in IRC and where everyone should meet. You would need to set up a different chat than #Taz as it is for chatting, asking questions, ect. , not roleplaying. :)

Of course, it won't affect anything in the game and we can't divert resources (mods) to support it. :)
Last edited by Shaeliana on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Return to “Questions & Answers”