HELP! I'm new, what do I do!?

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

I came over from Blue horizen and New Worlds. Whats going on around here and where can an assassin find work?
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Welcome !

Actually, there is quite a lot going on around here.

If you read our guides (points to the top of the screen) you will get an impression of what Tazlure is all about.

Any questions you can of course post here, or mail us !

Have fun !

Saskia
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

I have NO idea at all where assassins can find work. Nope. Not the SLIGHTest idea.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Rae, for you to be an assassin, don't you actually have to kill somebody?

:lol:
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005

Post by Guest »

Assassin should be considered before chosen as well, their life tend to be usualy short and difficult. Also an assassin can quite easily become a cliche, with the kidnapped by bandits/thugs/ninja's and family/friends/pet bunny or milkman murdered and need now vengeance tales... :roll:

I think it is less a cliche if one is an assassin by pure choice or satisfy a psychotic feeling or maybe for your country/religion. Just think before you act as a Mod can give you a very hard time, ending in you dying if you do not follow correctly. Accept being an outcast, hunted down and well just running around wacking people off will get you dead quick too.

About your background Njangu, I hope that isn't all as it is wayyy short :p Try getting more into the concept of why you became an assassin, cause someone killed your friend, you hardly become a hired murderer, since you seen at first hand what loss feels like... Also an assassin is hardly a job, you need something backing you and if you have no murder skill, which you can't take at start. you nothing more then a kid bragging of having wasted 5 guys with nothing but a can of spam and a piece of broccoli.

I'm bored of the concept assassin... becoming a killer cause you lost a loved one is same as becoming a serial raper after your wife got assaulted and that is totaly and totaly ACKWARD & WACK :!:

~~

For Raev' Try ordering a bowl of Royal scotch pudding in a cafe, while speaking the human tongue in King's Court, see what happens :P

Nyae.

Post by Guest »

greetings all, this will be my first pbp game

got the first draft of my character up: Rylagh, the Dark Achadhiel :)

I understand this will be free-form RPing, but is the story moderator driven? In other words, will "adventures" be provided for me to interact with?
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Yupyup, moderators are here to provide the storyline. How it will develop, depends on your actions and reactions as a character :)

Enjoy your stay!
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

The moderators provide the scenery, the NPC's, some events in the background. The player remains responsible for pushing the story, chosing the direction etc. It is like a co-writing situation :)

Here is an helpful article:
https://tazlure.nl/generalinfo.php?record=31
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Vesatra Ruis

Post by Vesatra Ruis »

My character has been approved, and I'm all set to start posting. The only problem: I have absolutley no idea where to start. :shock: :cry:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with an extra large cookie. :wink:
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Well, your occupation of Battle Mage would make the Citadel (University of Magicks) a good option. However, if you give me a better idea of what you want, we might be able to give you a better idea of where you could start.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Kislovan has battlemages too!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Vestara, keep an eye out in your PM box. I sent you one that should help out a bit. :)

And welcome!
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Vesatra Ruis

Post by Vesatra Ruis »

Thanks for the welcome, and the pm was a huge help. :D

Return to “Questions & Answers”